****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,901,341 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's not just a bunch of internet theories when the actual plot and storyline was building some of it up over the years.

AA looks like it could end up being just a distraction or failed checkovs gun instead of an important part of the story. That's disappointing to some fans that enjoyed the mystical aspects of the story.
tk for tu juan
Zombie Jon Snow said:

tk for tu juan said:

The less creepy pairing would Aegon and Sansa. Bet Jon has not stopped thinking of Sansa as soon as he found out about his heritage and realized he could hook up with her.
Dude.

They are still closely related.

Jon's mother is Lyanna STARK - Ned's sister. So Jon and Sansa are FIRST cousins.

The tall redheaded cousin is a lot better than the aunt with large pets.

Just getting the conversation started...
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Seabreeze said:

This is a classic example of a Vacation gone wrong, people plan for months, have these grand plans and ideas, build up some make believe reality about where they are headed. When they get there it's just like any other place but it has a beach or mountains.
I think alot of complaining now is from people who read into all the theories, and got a false sense of what this battle was about, built it up in their heads on how it would play out, and when it didn't they say it sucked.
So are you telling me annual trips to Coachella DOESN'T make somebody an insanely cooler and more fulfilled person?
You must really be into overpriced purses, not that there's anything wrong with that.
M.C. Swag
AG
Seabreeze said:

This is a classic example of a Vacation gone wrong, people plan for months, have these grand plans and ideas, build up some make believe reality about where they are headed. When they get there it's just like any other place but it has a beach or mountains.
I think alot of complaining now is from people who read into all the theories, and got a false sense of what this battle was about, built it up in their heads on how it would play out, and when it didn't they say it sucked.
That is definitely some of it. But there was certainly room for improvement too. I hate this 'me vs them' attitude. It's ok for people to love it and it's ok for people to feel less than that. There's validity to some of these qualms.
aTmAg
AG
One thing I think they will not show, but I wish they would is the immediate aftermath of the episode. Imagine sitting there fighting zombies all of the sudden they all just drop dead and the celebration after realizing instantly that you no longer are guaranteed to die, but that the entire war is won. I imagine the survivors would wonder, "who the hell got him?" Jon saying, "don't look at me" and then Arya waltzing by saying "sup?" or something like that. I imagine she would be somewhat well received by the grizzled war veterans around her.
Zeke1995
AG
hunter2012 said:

Also Arya's kill would have been the best if she had said "not today" to the night king as he is essentially their god of death.

Nope. She should've said "Some mutha****as always try to ice skate uphill." just before roundhouse kicking the dagger into his chest.
JJxvi
AG

aTmAg said:

One thing I think they will not show, but I wish they would is the immediate aftermath of the episode. Imagine sitting there fighting zombies all of the sudden they all just drop dead and the celebration after realizing instantly that not no longer guaranteed to die, but that the entire war is won. I imagine the survivors would wonder, "who the hell got him?" Jon saying, "don't look at me" and then Arya waltzing by saying "sup?" or something like that. I imagine she would be somewhat well received by the grizzled war veterans around her.

They should all burn Winterfell to the ground and gtfo ASAP. If they do that, then maybe only like 3/4 of them would die from the inevitable infections from corpse wounds and medieval medicine.
Icecream_Ag
S
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I looked it up right after posting.

Aunt/nephew is 25%.

Cousins in 12.5%.

So yeah, I guess cousins isn't all that bad, all things considered.
now consider that the parents of aunt are brother and sister and do your math again
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I will say one thing. My preference between Emilia Clarke and Sophie Turner has slowly shifted to Sophie in the past year or two. (With her natural blonde hair.)
easttexasaggie04
AG
I re-watched some of the episode today on my PC and I could barely see anything. Last night on my actual TV I could see fine. So the quality of your screen for sure makes a difference.

That being said...I loved the episode. Will they have much of an army left to take on the Lannisters?
MW03
AG
I want to see a "Zion in Matrix Reloaded" party set to period music with Tormund pouring horns of ale of people after that victory.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I'm curious as to why they unveiled the Night King's motive as wanting to destroy the memory of mankind. We were told in S6 that he was created by the Children of the Forest as a weapon against the First Men. So where does the thirst to target the 3ER come in to play? Also, let's say he kills Bran there. What's the next step?
JJxvi
AG
The writers were shoveling dirt in a plot hole. HTH
BenFiasco14
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I re-watched some of the episode today on my PC and I could barely see anything. Last night on my actual TV I could see fine. So the quality of your screen for sure makes a difference.

That being said...I loved the episode. Will they have much of an army left to take on the Lannisters?
My girlfriend mentioned this morning that maybe Daenerys can call on Daario for reinforcements? In my head I thought he was dead, but she said Dany left him over the narrow sea with the second sons.

Well, all this notwithstanding the reinforcements Howland Reed will be bringing.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MW03 said:

I want to see a "Zion in Matrix Reloaded" party set to period music with Tormund pouring horns of ale of people after that victory.
You mean giants milk.
tk for tu juan
Like someone mentioned before, after surviving that battle the temptation to go AWOL to Esso would be at the forefront of my mind.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Fenrir said:

It's not just a bunch of internet theories when the actual plot and storyline was building some of it up over the years.

AA looks like it could end up being just a distraction or failed checkovs gun instead of an important part of the story. That's disappointing to some fans that enjoyed the mystical aspects of the story.
Was the term "AA" ever even mentioned in the show? I've seen it all the way through 8 times now and don't remember a single mention of this aside from message boards.
TPS_Report
AG
Qyburn kills Varys. The Little Birds kill Qyburn.

The Mountain kills Arya. The Hound kills The Mountain.

Cersei kills Sansa. Tyrion kills Cersei.

Jon rules the North, Dany rules the South.

Sam appointed head of the Citadel.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I looked it up right after posting.

Aunt/nephew is 25%.

Cousins in 12.5%.

So yeah, I guess cousins isn't all that bad, all things considered.
now consider that the parents of aunt are brother and sister and do your math again
Good point. But probably negligible? The biggest change is how closely Dany and Rhaeger are related genetically. Regular siblings are 50%. Someone else figure this out.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

MW03 said:

You mean giants milk.

Pretty sure there are no giants left.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aTmAg said:

One thing I think they will not show, but I wish they would is the immediate aftermath of the episode. Imagine sitting there fighting zombies all of the sudden they all just drop dead and the celebration after realizing instantly that not no longer guaranteed to die, but that the entire war is won. I imagine the survivors would wonder, "who the hell got him?" Jon saying, "don't look at me" and then Arya waltzing by saying "sup?" or something like that. I imagine she would be somewhat well received by the grizzled war veterans around her.
Basically like the Gungans celebrating when all the droids deactivate in Phantom Menace?
Seabreeze
Whatever makes you love life and be a better person, I'm all for it.
wangus12
AG
TPS_Report said:

I'd just replace Sansa with Tyrion and Tyrion with Jamie
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fenrir
Mel mentions prince that was promised multiple times. That person is supposed to be reincarnation of AA.
redline248
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Fenrir said:

Was the term "AA" ever even mentioned in the show? I've seen it all the way through 8 times now and don't remember a single mention of this aside from message boards.
quick and lazy internet search returns no results of the name Azor Ahai ever being mentioned in the show, but I am not completely confident of that being the case.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

tk for tu juan said:

The less creepy pairing would Aegon and Sansa. Bet Jon has not stopped thinking of Sansa as soon as he found out about his heritage and realized he could hook up with her.
Dude.

They are still closely related.

Jon's mother is Lyanna STARK - Ned's sister. So Jon and Sansa are FIRST cousins.

The tall redheaded cousin is a lot better than the aunt with large pets.

Just getting the conversation started...

no... she's not.

Hot/crazy matrix applies here despite the blood relations - since Trags don't care anyway

Dany's so hot the crazy factor doesn't matter 10 hot/10 crazy that's right on the Danger Zone line but you roll the dice and take your chances. you'll probably die but it's worth it.

Sansa is too crazy for her middling hotness. she is 7.5 hot / 7.5 crazy that's Fun Zone not marriage. Ramsay had her slotted correctly (sorry).

redline248
AG
Fenrir said:

Mel mentions prince that was promised multiple times. That person is supposed to be reincarnation of AA.
In the books, the followers of R'hllor believe the prince that was promised will be the rebirth of Azor Ahai. It's never confirmed if the 2 prophesies are the same person. And as far as I know, the tv show never uses the name.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
44%. Wow.

So basically siblings. Not quite, but almost.
Fenrir
One is the reincarnation of the other. Arguing semantics of which appeared in the script is just wasting time.
My Dad Earl
AG
PatAg said:

M.C. Swag said:

PatAg said:

M.C. Swag said:

Also...this episode failed to deliver on the Bran/Tyrion conversation. I know some people were speculating that the payoff would come later and maybe it will, but at this point it seems like another wasted moment.
The conversation where he asked what happened to him since he last saw him? What payoff would there be from that. To me that was Tyrion just being Tyrion.
The payoff of Tyrion (the most interesting character in the show imo) having a conversation with Bran (a guy that has knowledge of every event from the history of westeros). Prolly worth at least a few minutes of screen time.
I took at him doing what he did with Bran the last time he came through, which was to take time to talk with him and treat him like a normal person when no one else was. So when he said he had time to hear his story, I took it to mean they would just talk about what happened.
I guess you are referring to wanting Bran to give Bran a history lesson, and that is an interesting thought. It's still possible he did pass on some information he thought Tyrion would need to know, but I cant remember if it's established the 3 eyed raven stands impartial in matters of men or not.
I think y'all are looking too far into this. Tyrion has wanted to sit and have that conversation with him since Season 1.

Tyrion at 1:14 "I hope the boy does wake, I'd be very interested to hear what he has to say"

Southlake
So, I have to admit: when they showed everybody down in the crypt, I yelled, " Hey look, there's Ghost!!"

And my wife said, " No, dummy, that's a statue"

Not one of my better moments.

All day today she's saying, "Hey look, there's ghost!!" And then laffs at me...

aggiejim70
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

There's the Tully Army in the Riverlands, which Jon and Dany will have to pass through to get to King's Landing, what forces the Greyjoy woman has in the Iron Islands, and don't forget, Dany still has the Second Sons in Essos.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
wannaggie
TPS_Report said:

Sam is a total loser, featured in the series primarily to give the mom's-basement nerds in the audience someone to identify with.

Sam as head of the Citadel would plunge the continent into a dark(er) age within 10 years.
CoachRTM
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

For the morning crowd, here's the official standings after 3 episodes for the Tex Ags Game of Game of Thrones

AgSquirrel97 40+21 = 61
Urban Ag 40+18 = 58
Spreadsheet Ag 40 + 18 = 58
Geoff H. 40 + 15 = 55
Texas Aggie '99 40 + 12 = 52
Walton Loads 30 + 21 = 51
oldag00 30 + 21 = 51
TxRunner97 30 + 18 = 48
Derek J. 30 + 18 = 48
Brian Earl Spilner 30 + 18 = 48
Rex Racer 20 + 21 = 41
Saint Arnold 20 + 18 = 38
wangus12 20 + 18 = 38

Andy W. 20 + 15 = 35
ChipolteMonger 30 + 15 = 35

Myles Moore 20 + 12 = 32

CoachRTM 10 + 18 = 28

So.... I'm doing well.
First Page Last Page
Page 194 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.