****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,475 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Would it be safe to assume that fantasy nerds(I swear I do not mean that derogatory. My best friend is one of them), are more upset about last night that others? I feel like hanging onto every last fantasy element of the Night King and Walkers is giving those folks trouble realizing this is just a human vs human deal now
I agree with this. I like the show for the same reason I like the books. The characters and the dialogue. Sure, the action scenes are great but that's where I have to remind myself we're talking about dragons, giants, sorcery, etc.

Also, everyone seems to get so pissed when characters make mistakes that seem so obviously corrected to them. If they did everything perfectly all the time they'd probably be just as pissed. Literally every major character has made terrible strategic and tactical blunders, from S1E1 through now. Ned, Cat, Robb, Jamie, Cersei, LF, Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Jorah, etc. They all f up.
aTmAg
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

spence10 said:

My expectations for Game of Thrones have declined since season 7. It's now all about what's "supposed to happen" and the twists and turns that made Game of Thrones what it is are all but gone.

Literally everyone on this thread predicted huge deaths and possibly even everyone dying this episode. And it didn't happen.
To be fair, I thought most of them would live. It seems that after the source material dried up the "good guys" tend to win and the "bad guys" tended lose. We discussed it ad nausea many pages ago.

I will say I got it wrong on the NK dying last night. I thought that would not be resolved so early.
JJxvi
AG
The seven kingdoms is kinda ****ed, honestly.

Dany knows/thinks she cant have kids. Her best realistic option at this point is probably to marry Jon Snow and hope that whole succession thing somehow, some way works itself out in the near future or else they can rule together by the point of the sword (ie dragon) once its obvious that shes old and can never have kids, or that he never just goes Henry VIII on her. The only other real option for good of the kingdom is to abdicate for Jon Snow and let him marry someone who can have heirs. Mr. "I work for the good of the realm" Varys for example would absolutely be switching sides to #TeamSnow at this point immediately if he was convinced of Jon/Aegon's legitimacy and believed that Dany can't have children.

Anyway, the whole "families" and feudal alliances part seems to have been a realistic Martin thing that the writers have no clue how to deal with. It seems that they never realized that basically every single major event of this thing they adapted for all those seasons basically turned almost solely on these kind of alliances. The idea that Jon and Dany wouldnt have been immediately married off to each other by Davos/Tyrion/Varys whether they wanted it or not has been a ludicrous anachronism. These writers just ignored the whole thing and actually made it a point of conflict. The Northerners would have just expected their King to marry the other Queen, esp if it was clear that they liked each other anyway. All they really needed to want to get married was to have strategic interests aligned. What would have pissed of the North is her not agreeing to marry Jon, and therefore spurning the alliance.
tk for tu juan
The less creepy pairing would Aegon and Sansa. Bet Jon has not stopped thinking of Sansa as soon as he found out about his heritage and realized he could hook up with her.
Thisguy1
Silvertaps said:

3. She'll be queen for a time, until a "younger more beautiful to cast you down and take all you hold dear".
Obviously means Dany, unless some strange twist has a Stark girl on the thrown.

To me, this refers to Sansa and not Dany. Dany is hot and everything, but all anyone talks about with Sansa in the show is about how she's a "great beauty." Cersei has even said it.
RabbleRouser07
AG
tk for tu juan said:

The less creepy pairing would Aegon and Sansa. Bet Jon has not stopped thinking of Sansa as soon as he found out about his heritage and realized he could hook up with her.
They are still cousins. So whether Aunt/Nephew or first cousins, it's still keeping it in the family.
Teddy Perkins
AG
They're still cousins, right?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Silvertaps said:

3. She'll be queen for a time, until a "younger more beautiful to cast you down and take all you hold dear".
Obviously means Dany, unless some strange twist has a Stark girl on the thrown.

To me, this refers to Sansa and not Dany. Dany is hot and everything, but all anyone talks about with Sansa in the show is about how she's a "great beauty." Cersei has even said it.

We will probably need Podrick to have another 4 way to ultimately determine who's the most beautiful.
bangobango
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Dany can't have kids so she abdicates or is killed. Jon takes over as the true Targ heir. Marries a northern Stark to solidify the northern alliance. Arya and Jon forever.

Actually, I think in Martin's original synopsis, Arya and Jon do end up getting married.
PooDoo
AG
Would an investment in the mineral rights around Winterfell pay off after a few million years?

Also, I thought Arya's kill was pretty awesome except for screaming while attempting a super stealth knife kill.
JJxvi
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Jon's options at this point, are 1) Dont even worry about the whole thing and retire, or 2) become king by marrying Dany or 3) Hope Dany agrees that he is the rightful king and abdicates or 4)fight a civil war against dragons for his birthright
annie88
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

If that was made by a fan who just realized that...they really need to get a life
Not as hard as you think though, if they had ever noticed one overlap they could've looked up the actors name and found out what scenes he was in and all the other shows. But still yeah kind of a particular thing to take on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Why is Sansa any less creepy than Dany? One is a cousin and the other is an aunt. Aren't they about the same distance genetically?
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

tk for tu juan said:

Why is Sansa any less creepy than Dany? One is a cousin and the other is an aunt. Aren't they about the same distance genetically?
If anything, he has thought of Sansa as his sister this whole time, that would be at least the same level of creepiness
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Dude.

They are still closely related.

Jon's mother is Lyanna STARK - Ned's sister. So Jon and Sansa are FIRST cousins.

PatAg
AG
So, we all agree that if Bronn actually ends up killing one of Jaime or Tyrionm these writers officially suck right?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
JJxvi said:

tk for tu juan said:

Jon's options at this point, are 1) Dont even worry about the whole thing and retire, or 2) become king by marrying Dany or 3) Hope Dany agrees that he is the rightful king and abdicates or 4)fight a civil war against dragons for his birthright
you forgot

5. Jon dies
6. Dany dies

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PatAg said:

So, we all agree that if Bronn actually ends up killing one of Jaime or Tyrionm these writers officially suck right?
That would suck. And it would mean Bronn has no character arc whatsoever.
KidDoc
AG
I love how people bring in modern morals with in-family marriages even though it was SUPER common in the Monarchy ages on Earth and in the books the Targs regularly married as siblings.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Belton Ag
AG
PatAg said:

No.
annie88
AG
Quote:

I think Jamie needs to confront kill Cersei again
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

PatAg said:

That would suck. And it would mean Bronn has no character arc whatsoever.
exactly, and Tyrion has said at least once that he would always top any price someone pays Bronn. Cersei has also proven to not be true to her word numerous times.
JJxvi
AG
Cousins would be better, because they would have a pair of sets of grandparents not in common. All of Dany's ancestry is already related to Jon Snow, whereas Sansa has Tully blood that Jon does not, and Jon has Targ blood that she does not.
Icecream_Ag
S
PatAg said:

I think he ends up shooting tyrion, just not fatally, maybe an ass shot.
PatAg
AG
KidDoc said:

I love how people bring in modern morals with in-family marriages even though it was SUPER common in the Monarchy ages on Earth and in the books the Targs regularly married as siblings.

In this series, only the Targs did it, and just about everyone else looks down on the practice.
Icecream_Ag
S
JJxvi said:

Cousins would be better, because they would share an additional set of grandparents not in common. All of Dany's ancestry is also related to Jon Snow, whereas Sansa has Tully blood that Jon does not.
Dany doesn't have any Stark blood
HtownAg92
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

israeliag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Here's that epic new theme from Djawadi.

Thanks for posting, even though it feel too Westworld-y this music was great.
came to post the exact same thing. A little Westworld-y but still awesome. Djawadi is badass.
Very similar to the "theme" given to the other super-villain Cersei in the wildfire scene.
redline248
AG
Furlock Bones said:

M.C. Swag said:

Also...this episode failed to deliver on the Bran/Tyrion conversation. I know some people were speculating that the payoff would come later and maybe it will, but at this point it seems like another wasted moment.
meant post about this. there had better be something to this.

1. Why?
2. Or what?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
KidDoc said:

I know cousins probably isn't that frowned upon in Westeros.

However, I do find it amusing how Tywin was always going on about advancing the family dynasty, marrying for alliances, etc, and yet he married his first cousin (a Lannister), which did absolutely nothing to help further his house. Zero strategy whatsoever and married for love.

A hypocrite of the highest order.
JJxvi
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

JJxvi said:

Cousins would be better, because they would share an additional set of grandparents not in common. All of Dany's ancestry is also related to Jon Snow, whereas Sansa has Tully blood that Jon does not.
Dany doesn't have any Stark blood
Yes Jon has ancestors (Starks) that Dany does not share, but Dany has no ancestors that Jon does not share. Jon and Sansa would each have 1/4 anscestry not shared by the other (Tully/Targaryen). Just saying that there is a difference aunt/nephew vs cousin/cousin, with aunt/nephew being worse
Seabreeze
This is a classic example of a Vacation gone wrong, people plan for months, have these grand plans and ideas, build up some make believe reality about where they are headed. When they get there it's just like any other place but it has a beach or mountains.
I think alot of complaining now is from people who read into all the theories, and got a false sense of what this battle was about, built it up in their heads on how it would play out, and when it didn't they say it sucked.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

tk for tu juan said:

Aunt and Nephew are 50% same bloodline right? Making first cousins 25%?
BenFiasco14
AG
Seabreeze said:

This is a classic example of a Vacation gone wrong, people plan for months, have these grand plans and ideas, build up some make believe reality about where they are headed. When they get there it's just like any other place but it has a beach or mountains.
I think alot of complaining now is from people who read into all the theories, and got a false sense of what this battle was about, built it up in their heads on how it would play out, and when it didn't they say it sucked.
So are you telling me annual trips to Coachella DOESN'T make somebody an insanely cooler and more fulfilled person?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I looked it up right after posting.

Aunt/nephew is 25%.

Cousins in 12.5%.

So yeah, I guess cousins isn't all that bad, all things considered.
PatAg
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Seabreeze said:

So are you telling me annual trips to Coachella DOESN'T make somebody an insanely cooler and more fulfilled person?
it makes you more filled with herpes
First Page Last Page
Page 193 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.