****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,435 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silvertaps said:

So far, this "palm reader" in Season 5, Episode 1 has played spoiler.

1. We already know she married a king and not a Prince.

2. She'll have 3 children, all will have gold shrouds...meaning they will all die.

3. She'll be queen for a time, until a "younger more beautiful to cast you down and take all you hold dear".
Obviously means Dany, unless some strange twist has a Stark girl on the thrown.

4. The book goes in more detail in telling her that her "little brother" will choke the life out of her.
Jamie or Tyrion?

Thought this to be an interesting nugget from a few seasons ago.

Welcome to the thread I guess.... you could not have been here the last 3 months... or 2 years really.

This has been beaten to death (partly by me actually).

PatAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Also...this episode failed to deliver on the Bran/Tyrion conversation. I know some people were speculating that the payoff would come later and maybe it will, but at this point it seems like another wasted moment.
The conversation where he asked what happened to him since he last saw him? What payoff would there be from that. To me that was Tyrion just being Tyrion.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
If we're posting pics of Emilia Clarke...

Was anyone on TexAgs the lucky winner of this?

https://instagr.am/p/Buowi3mFiwm
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PatAg
AG
can you post your unfunny memes and videos in the thread for it?
gigemJTH12
AG
If that was made by a fan who just realized that...they really need to get a life
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Night King was created by a girl stabbing him with a dagger beneath a Weirwood tree.

The Night King was killed by a girl stabbing him with a dagger beneath a Weirwood tree.
Silvertaps
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Silvertaps said:

So far, this "palm reader" in Season 5, Episode 1 has played spoiler.

1. We already know she married a king and not a Prince.

2. She'll have 3 children, all will have gold shrouds...meaning they will all die.

3. She'll be queen for a time, until a "younger more beautiful to cast you down and take all you hold dear".
Obviously means Dany, unless some strange twist has a Stark girl on the thrown.

4. The book goes in more detail in telling her that her "little brother" will choke the life out of her.
Jamie or Tyrion?

Thought this to be an interesting nugget from a few seasons ago.

Welcome to the thread I guess.... you could not have been here the last 3 months... or 2 years really.

This has been beaten to death (partly by me actually).

Yea, I'm not reading 200 pages of posts...lol. I only pop in from time to time.
I had just remembered that scene since season 5 and thought it interesting we may already know the fate of Dany, Jaime, and Cerci.

The scene with the Red Woman and Arya a few seasons ago predicted her killing the NK as well.
M.C. Swag
AG
PatAg said:

M.C. Swag said:

Also...this episode failed to deliver on the Bran/Tyrion conversation. I know some people were speculating that the payoff would come later and maybe it will, but at this point it seems like another wasted moment.
The conversation where he asked what happened to him since he last saw him? What payoff would there be from that. To me that was Tyrion just being Tyrion.
The payoff of Tyrion (the most interesting character in the show imo) having a conversation with Bran (a guy that has knowledge of every event from the history of westeros). Prolly worth at least a few minutes of screen time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PatAg said:

can you post your unfunny memes and videos in the thread for it?
Uh, that wasn't a meme and isn't meant to be funny.

Maybe lighten up?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's that epic new theme from Djawadi.
israeliag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thanks for posting, even though it feel too Westworld-y this music was great.
PatAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

PatAg said:

M.C. Swag said:

The payoff of Tyrion (the most interesting character in the show imo) having a conversation with Bran (a guy that has knowledge of every event from the history of westeros). Prolly worth at least a few minutes of screen time.
I took at him doing what he did with Bran the last time he came through, which was to take time to talk with him and treat him like a normal person when no one else was. So when he said he had time to hear his story, I took it to mean they would just talk about what happened.
I guess you are referring to wanting Bran to give Bran a history lesson, and that is an interesting thought. It's still possible he did pass on some information he thought Tyrion would need to know, but I cant remember if it's established the 3 eyed raven stands impartial in matters of men or not.
Furlock Bones
AG
M.C. Swag said:

meant post about this. there had better be something to this.
M.C. Swag
AG
PatAg said:

M.C. Swag said:

PatAg said:

M.C. Swag said:

I took at him doing what he did with Bran the last time he came through, which was to take time to talk with him and treat him like a normal person when no one else was. So when he said he had time to hear his story, I took it to mean they would just talk about what happened. It's not an either/or situation. Tyrion can have a human moment with Bran AND we can get some interesting backstory to literally any event in history (NK related, Tourney of Harrenhall related, etc. And I would love to hear about the origins of the 3ER. if that's where that led.)
I guess you are referring to wanting Bran to give Bran a history lesson, and that is an interesting thought. It's still possible he did pass on some information he thought Tyrion would need to know, but I cant remember if it's established the 3 eyed raven stands impartial in matters of men or not.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Making of the episode:

Main takeaway: Arya's stunt double is very attractive (11:30ish)
PatAg
AG
I think my last sentence is where the disconnect is. It might just be a leap of logic I took, and it's never explicitly stated, but I thought the 3 eyed raven just serves to fight against the Long Night (so to speak).
If he does take sides in politics of men, then it would definitely make sense for him to pass some knowledge on to Tyrion in that scene like you were hoping he did.

He told Sam about Jon's lineage, but that ended up not really seeming to play a part in the battle of winterfell. If anything, it still remains to be seen what will come of that...interesting
JJxvi
AG
The Battle of Winterfell:A Tactical Analysis
M.C. Swag
AG
PatAg said:

I think my last sentence is where the disconnect is. It might just be a leap of logic I took, and it's never explicitly stated, but I thought the 3 eyed raven just serves to fight against the Long Night (so to speak).
If he does take sides in politics of men, then it would definitely make sense for him to pass some knowledge on to Tyrion in that scene like you were hoping he did.

He told Sam about Jon's lineage, but that ended up not really seeming to play a part in the battle of winterfell. If anything, it still remains to be seen what will come of that...interesting
I don't understand this 'taking sides' thing. Bran is already taking a side. He's urging them to 'hurry' in episode 1 and informing them that the NK with his dragon is coming. He tells them what the NK wants and how to 'ensnare' him. He freaking gave Arya the blade that killed the Night King.

EDIT: Misread. So you think the 3ER draws the line at politics? He helped Arya/Sansa uncover LF's betrayal and even testified against him.
HtownAg92
AG
I don't understand the beeching about the NK story ending here, and calling it the main storyline of the series. This is the Game of Thrones, not the battle of good vs. evil, or alive vs. dead. Battles are secondary and tangential to the main plot - the machinations of a few people and houses to gain control over the rule of the realm.

These final three episodes should return to what the whole thing is about, with a slight distraction for a fight between the Gold Co and the "good guys".

No doubt, the series has brought some epic moments and battles, but I don't think this is an epic war series. It is a political drama with plot that is enhanced (but not dependent on) crowd-pleasing events.
LB12Diamond
AG
I thought they did a great job.

Only one complaint. How Edd died. Everyone knew who they were and where they were supposed to be except for Sam. Edd even told him to go to the crypt. But nope, he goes to the front line. And does what he does. And Edd dies saving him.
Bunk Moreland

JJxvi
AG
At least now they can go on pretending that its not winter when filming scenes in the south with no logical impediment.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
JJxvi said:

At least now they can go on pretending that its not winter when filming scenes in the south with no logical impediment.

Likely.

Meaning Dany's vision was metaphor - not reality.

Thus the RK may not be destroyed physically, but she is unlikely to reach the throne, and she will reunite with Drogo in the afterlife.

PatAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

PatAg said:

I don't understand this 'taking sides' thing. Bran is already taking a side. He's urging them to 'hurry' in episode 1 and informing them that the NK with his dragon is coming. He tells them what the NK wants and how to 'ensnare' him. He freaking gave Arya the blade that killed the Night King.

EDIT: Misread. So you think the 3ER draws the line at politics? He helped Arya/Sansa uncover LF's betrayal and even testified against him.
I was just thinking for some reason that he only cared about fighting against the forces of night, so to speak. He said that was his purpose, but I guess it doesn't necessarily mean that's all he does. Especially now that they have won. So helping arya and everything, was because he needed the North to do it.

Just like I thought he was wanting Jon to know his heritage for the same reason, but it seems to me like that information didn't do anything to help that fight. So now I'm not so sure.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
israeliag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thanks for posting, even though it feel too Westworld-y this music was great.
came to post the exact same thing. A little Westworld-y but still awesome. Djawadi is badass.
gigemJTH12
AG
Would it be safe to assume that fantasy nerds(I swear I do not mean that derogatory. My best friend is one of them), are more upset about last night that others? I feel like hanging onto every last fantasy element of the Night King and Walkers is giving those folks trouble realizing this is just a human vs human deal now
PatAg
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Would it be safe to assume that fantasy nerds(I swear I do not mean that derogatory. My best friend is one of them), are more upset about last night that others? I feel like hanging onto every last fantasy element of the Night King and Walkers is giving those folks trouble realizing this is just a human vs human deal now
IMO, no, at least on this thread, that is not a common element amongst the people that are upset about the show. Plenty of people liked the episode as well, that would identify as that.
M.C. Swag
AG
wut u call me?!
Belton Ag
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Well, there are still dragons around, so there's that.
PatAg
AG
On a slightly new topic, getting near the end of the episode I was actually starting to think there was a real chance they were going to have the North lose the battle. I'm sure that was there intention too, well done if so.
gigemJTH12
AG
M.C. Swag said:

wut u call me?!

Was hoping you would see this pretty quickly
Federale01
AG
PatAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

IMO, no, at least on this thread, that is not a common element amongst the people that are upset about the show. Plenty of people liked the episode as well, that would identify as that.
Nah, I am holding out hope that we learn next week Bran as the 3ER is the Lord of Light. There is a lot of foreshadowing. He keeps telling people they are exactly where they need to be before the fight, he was able to speak to people in the past, the NK needed to take him out because he was his antithesis. A whole religion was built up around the whispers in the wind of 3ERs of the past and it became a sort of cult.
AustinAg2K
gigemJTH12 said:

Upset or just didn't like the episode? Based off my small world, only one of my friends enjoyed the show (he is a fantasy nerd). Everyone else I know who watches the show was disappointed at best. None of them are upset, they just didn't enjoy the episode (Edit: I shouldn't say didn't enjoy. Disappointed, or let down would probably be better).
CapCityAg89
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I am. And I'm not. I actually like my fantasy with just a hint of magic - I appreciate the world-building in the writing and the escape-ism of it. As MC and I discussed earlier, I think one of the corners GRRM wrote himself into is the threat from the WW. I don't know how he writes around it. Last night was certainly the easy way out - Night King is the "first vampire" and ending him, ends the evil threat. Without him, how do you defeat the evil which is a massive under-lying element to the story.

With that said, the alternate reality Martin created, the intrigue of the fight for power and the ambiguity of "good" and "evil" is core fantasy even without the magic.
First Page Last Page
Page 192 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.