****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,634 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

PatAg said:

So, we all agree that if Bronn actually ends up killing one of Jaime or Tyrionm these writers officially suck right?
I think he ends up shooting tyrion, just not fatally, maybe an ass shot.

Or they could go super cheesey where he shoots a Jamie & Tyrion takes the bolt heroically.
Farmer1906
AG
PooDoo said:

Icecream_Ag said:

PatAg said:

So, we all agree that if Bronn actually ends up killing one of Jaime or Tyrionm these writers officially suck right?
I think he ends up shooting tyrion, just not fatally, maybe an ass shot.

Or they could go super cheesey where he shoots a Jamie & Tyrion takes the bolt heroically.

Or tries to, but it goes over his head, right into Jamie's heart.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wannaggie said:

TPS_Report said:

Qyburn kills Varys. The Little Birds kill Qyburn.

The Mountain kills Arya. The Hound kills The Mountain.

Cersei kills Sansa. Tyrion kills Cersei.

Jon rules the North, Dany rules the South.

Sam appointed head of the Citadel.

Sam is a total loser, featured in the series primarily to give the mom's-basement nerds in the audience someone to identify with.

Sam as head of the Citadel would plunge the continent into a dark(er) age within 10 years.
He killed a White Walker. He killed a Thenn. Show some gd respect.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

wannaggie said:

TPS_Report said:

Sam is a total loser, featured in the series primarily to give the mom's-basement nerds in the audience someone to identify with.

Sam as head of the Citadel would plunge the continent into a dark(er) age within 10 years.
He killed a White Walker. He killed a Thenn. Show some gd respect.

He stole books too damn't!!!!!!!!!
Cromagnum
AG
Screw it. Let's remake the Skyrim meme.

redline248
AG
Fenrir said:

One is the reincarnation of the other. Arguing semantics of which appeared in the script is just wasting time.
For people who only watch the show, if one is never mentioned in the show, it is pointless to keep talking about
Fenrir
It's a pretty interchangeable term that you're being pedantic about. The point remains. The build up that the TV show provided through multiple seasons looks like it may not payoff in that one regard and some people can't understand how that would disappoint some fans.

You have to be willfully naive or argumentative not to at least understand that.
TPS_Report
AG
That works too. Unless later Jaime kills Dany when she sics her dragon on King's Landing.
Federale01
AG
TPS_Report said:

Bronn kills Brienne as she takes an arrow for Jamie.
JCRiley09
AG
The GoT writers aren't perfect, but I am so glad they're writing and not some of the posters here.
HtownAg92
AG
JJxvi said:

Quote:

One thing I think they will not show, but I wish they would is the immediate aftermath of the episode. Imagine sitting there fighting zombies all of the sudden they all just drop dead and the celebration after realizing instantly that not no longer guaranteed to die, but that the entire war is won. I imagine the survivors would wonder, "who the hell got him?" Jon saying, "don't look at me" and then Arya waltzing by saying "sup?" or something like that. I imagine she would be somewhat well received by the grizzled war veterans around her.

They should all burn Winterfell to the ground and gtfo ASAP. If they do that, then maybe only like 3/4 of them would die from the inevitable infections from corpse wounds and medieval medicine.

MaroonStain
AG
I wonder how many posters on this thread A) have watched every season? and B) read the books?
pete_claw98
AG
A few minor changes would have made everyone happy.

Brienne dies protecting Jaime.

Jon yells at Tormund to save Bran. Those two charge thru the dead army and Tormund has to kill Edd, dies and saves Jon.

Jon kills Viseros. And fights a few WW. As he kills 1-3, they can show how some of the wights collapse, saving some key people from certain death. It also distracts NK long enough for Aria to do the same move. NK holds her and looks at Jon then BAM.

This also will spark a fight between Dany and Jon about killing a dragon, "but he wasn't alive anymore....."

Some minor changes and most everyone is happy. It still surprised.

I mean Robert Horry won a few Championships for the teams he played for and only showed up in the Playoffs.
M.C. Swag
AG
redline248 said:

Fenrir said:

One is the reincarnation of the other. Arguing semantics of which appeared in the script is just wasting time.
For people who only watch the show, if one is never mentioned in the show, it is pointless to keep talking about
Except the show didn't just stop at 'mentioning' it off-hand. It went to great lengths to show each aspect of the prophecy:

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt. [this is the same prophecy for the Prince who was Promised]

1. When the Red Star Bleeds
The burning red comet flying overhead and highlighted in Season 1. Jon being born over Arthur Dayne's sword - Dawn is the ancestral greatsword of House Dayne, it is said to be made from metal forged from the heart of a fallen star - amongst hismother's bleeding bed. During the ToJ flashback, the camera also makes a point to highlight the symbol on the hilt of this sword.

2. And the darkness gathers
Obviously the white walkers gathering

3. Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt
Dany emerging from the pyre with her dragons was a form of rebirth for her character and Jon was quite literally resurrected amidst smoke as well
easttexasaggie04
AG
What are we all gonna talk about/watch when GOT ends?
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Whether or not Howland Reed could still return?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Cromagnum
AG
pete_claw98 said:

A few minor changes would have made everyone happy.

Brienne dies protecting Jaime.

Jon yells at Tormund to save Bran. Those two charge thru the dead army and Tormund has to kill Edd, dies and saves Jon.

Jon kills Viseros. And fights a few WW. As he kills 1-3, they can show how some of the wights collapse, saving some key people from certain death. It also distracts NK long enough for Aria to do the same move. NK holds her and looks at Jon then BAM.

This also will spark a fight between Dany and Jon about killing a dragon, "but he wasn't alive anymore....."

Some minor changes and most everyone is happy. It still surprised.

I mean Robert Horry won a few Championships for the teams he played for and only showed up in the Playoffs.

At least Brienne could still do this.
tk for tu juan
We will start a thread on the GoT prequel series...

or start complaining about Westworld season 3
wangus12
AG
This kid really sucked at protecting the crypts

Belton Ag
AG
Mantis Toboggan MD said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

Whether or not Howland Reed could still return?
It would be ****ing awesome of HBO to have a post credits scenes after episode 6 of Howland Reed and Meera Reed sitting at the dinner table just eating and not saying anything, a la Avengers eating shawarma.
jeffdjohnson
JCRiley09 said:

The GoT writers aren't perfect, but I am so glad they're writing and not some of the posters here.

Also... shouldn't people just wait 3 weeks to see how it ends? Maybe there will be some satisfying mind-**** that will make everyone re-evaluate their position. That was a damn entertaining 1.5 hour television show as it is.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

said the same at the end of

Sopranos
The Wire
LOST
Breaking Bad
The Americans - to some degree had a smaller but devoted discussion group here

etc etc.... always some overlap too but every time there seems to be a void something fills it.

Already Westworld has been big for me as well as Stranger Things and Better Call Saul.

Upcoming shows include the GOT Prequel series starting in 2020 - like back to the Age of Heroes and the First Men.

cbr
AG
Trying too hard. A for effort though.
chipotle
jeffdjohnson said:

JCRiley09 said:

Also... shouldn't people just wait 3 weeks to see how it ends? Maybe there will be some satisfying mind-**** that will make everyone re-evaluate their position. That was a damn entertaining 1.5 hour television show as it is.

Because it's fun to discuss and speak our minds about it?
Fenrir
Outside of stranger things, rest of 2019 seems pretty bare off the top of my head. Westworld, better call Saul and GoT prequel are 2020.
DenverAg91
AG

These are pure gold
annie88
AG
israeliag
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

The Expanse
redline248
AG
M.C. Swag said:

redline248 said:

Fenrir said:

Except the show didn't just stop at 'mentioning' it off-hand. It went to great lengths to show each aspect of the prophecy:

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt. [this is the same prophecy for the Prince who was Promised]

1. When the Red Star Bleeds
The burning red comet flying overhead and highlighted in Season 1. Jon being born over Arthur Dayne's sword - Dawn is the ancestral greatsword of House Dayne, it is said to be made from metal forged from the heart of a fallen star - amongst hismother's bleeding bed. During the ToJ flashback, the camera also makes a point to highlight the symbol on the hilt of this sword.

2. And the darkness gathers
Obviously the white walkers gathering

3. Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt
Dany emerging from the pyre with her dragons was a form of rebirth for her character and Jon was quite literally resurrected amidst smoke as well
Which episodes were those things, so I can go watch them again?
aTmAg
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
israeliag said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

The Expanse

Listening to all of the books on audible now.
Beezy2389
AG
This was posted on reddit

"Everyone saying Bran didn't help smh"
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Beezy2389 said:

This was posted on reddit

"Everyone saying Bran didn't help smh"

Is that a Clucky?
PatAg
AG
those people represent everything I hate
Liquid Wrench
Now someone's going to tell me they were actually watching a soccer match, right? Right??
First Page Last Page
Page 195 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.