****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,223 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Federale01 said:

They should have parked their dragons behind the trenches and just let the wytes come to them toasting everyone along the way. They could have engaged the NK once he showed up. Not very good tactics overall. And that opening Calvary charge was about as stupid as you can get.

Dothraki are some crazy mother****ers. About as ballsy as you could actually get

Bregxit
AG
reb, said:

dlance said:

Loved the episode. The only issue I had was with the dragon tactics. Dany and Jon were fly-by roasting wights during the chaotic engagement but then when they were all stopped at the burning trenches they decide to park and take a breather. Why didn't they, in the words of OzzyManReviews, go BARBEQUUUUUUEE on the wights just standing there? That drove me nuts.

On the flip side, the icy arseholes had great strategy and tactics what with the WWs and NK staying out of the fray and zerging Winterfell with wights. Having a WW or 10 go in to fight against Valaryan steel weapons after having been struck down in smaller battles previously wouldn't have made sense.
frozen night king casts blizzard

he controlled the field of battle and take the dragons out of the action
The dragons were BBQing all over during the blizzard and fighting chaos. When it died down once the trenches were lit, Dany and Jon took a smoke break.
TyHolden
AG
i would have had 20 or 30 of those fire trenches....of course, that wouldn't make for good television.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
canadiaggie
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

A second thought: why did Melisandre revive Jon in the first place after he got stabbed? Seems like he ultimately didn't serve much of a purpose in the battle. He was about to die. If she serves the lord of light, why did he want Jon there?

Really gonna be interesting to see the many-faces god tie in that's definitely coming
there isn't a united North-Targ alliance without Jon
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Cromagnum said:

Dude, who goes this crazy?

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Liquid Wrench
Ginormus Ag said:

Federale01 said:

And that opening Calvary charge was about as stupid as you can get.

How do you propose they get rid of the brown people with limited screen time? Reminded me of Operation get behind the darkies.
ATTENTION EVERYONE: FALL BACK BEHIND THE FOREIGNERS AND EUNUCH SLAVE SOLDIERS WHO FOLLOW ANY ORDER THEY'RE GIVEN!!!
hunter2012
AG
While it was a great episode, I am disappointed that the White Walkers are not the main antagonist of the overall story. They set it up the whole time that the living are bickering with the game of thrones while the white walkers are slowly picking up momentum and will overrun all. But in the show the WW are an inconvenient speed bump to the iron throne. I'd bet anything if the books ever finish that Cersei will be dealt with before the WWs.

Also Arya's kill would have been the best if she had said "not today" to the night king as he is essentially their god of death.
bangobango
AG
DSAg44 said:

i would have had 20 or 30 of those fire trenches....of course, that wouldn't make for good television.

The terrible tactics and glaring plot holes don't make for good tv, either.
n_touch
Doesnt it suck for Arya that the only person to tell her story talks in one liners and never really be able to do her jump & kill justice?
TyHolden
AG
canadiaggie said:

jtstanley4621 said:

A second thought: why did Melisandre revive Jon in the first place after he got stabbed? Seems like he ultimately didn't serve much of a purpose in the battle. He was about to die. If she serves the lord of light, why did he want Jon there?

Really gonna be interesting to see the many-faces god tie in that's definitely coming
this
tk for tu juan
Swarely said:

Liquid Wrench
Cromagnum said:

That's why I would never watch this show in a public place. People overreact when they're in groups to try to top each other. It's fine for an NBA playoff, but not a show like this.
reb,
AG
hunter2012
AG
On the bright side the Clegane bowl is still on!!!
saltydog13
AG
canadiaggie said:

jtstanley4621 said:

and the true heir to the iron throne as well
TyHolden
AG
bangobango said:

DSAg44 said:

The terrible tactics and glaring plot holes don't make for good tv, either.
again, mel gibson would have had this wrapped up in about 30 minutes. the inglish are about the same as the WWs. fire, fire, fire, and fire. throw in some fakes to the right or left and start the fire. simple.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bangobango
AG
reb, said:

were you people this pist off when frodo decided to keep the ring at the last second and it was gollum who ended up ironically destroying the ring?

because the whole trilogy was building up to frodo doing it

No, because the movie and books repeatedly told you and showed you that the ring corrupts the wearer and makes him not want to give it up.
canadiaggie
AG
bangobango said:

reb, said:

were you people this pist off when frodo decided to keep the ring at the last second and it was gollum who ended up ironically destroying the ring?

No, because the movie and books repeatedly told you and showed you that the ring corrupts the wearer and makes him not want to give it up.
And the tv show and the books repeatedly tell you the thing you expect to happen is not going to happen
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
OnlyForNow
AG
Just to add, D and D didn't say that Arya killed the NK per GRRM only how he is killed.
saltydog13
AG
bangobango said:

So tired of Hollywood and dumbass Hollywood writers.

Seriously, Arya? Maybe I could buy that, but last we saw Melisandre she was convinced Jon was the Prince who was promised. Then she comes back and all the sudden she knows it's Arya who is going g to save the day?

That **** burns me up.

And I don't even really care about the rest of the season now. I think it was a huge mistake to kill the night Kong before Cersi. Fighting over the throne is going to seem pretty as hell after tonight's episode.
Did you not like the fact that Arya killed the NK with the blade that was meant to kill Bran with? I mean that ties it back to the first season and he gives her the blade in that exact spot in season 7.
bangobango
AG
canadiaggie said:

bangobango said:

reb, said:

And the tv show and the books repeatedly tell you the thing you expect to happen is not going to happen

Surprised and twists for the sake of a surprise or a twist is not good storytelling. That is what got TLJ into trouble.

Rob being murdered is good storytelling, because you can look back at that event and you realize the entire story was woven around that and was expected.

Look back at the story for Arya slaying the NK and you will see one throw away quote from Melisandre that really foreshadows it being her, and you will find a ton more references to it being Jon or Dany.

And remember, when Melisandre told Arya that about killing those with blue eyes, she still believed the prince who was promised was Stannis. They basically retconned that quote to try to make it look like they had this planned all along.
canadiaggie
AG
saltydog13 said:

bangobango said:

Seriously, Arya? Maybe I could buy that, but last we saw Melisandre she was convinced Jon was the Prince who was promised. Then she comes back and all the sudden she knows it's Arya who is going g to save the day?

That **** burns me up.

And I don't even really care about the rest of the season now. I think it was a huge mistake to kill the night Kong before Cersi. Fighting over the throne is going to seem pretty as hell after tonight's episode.
Did you not like the fact that Arya killed the NK with the blade that was meant to kill Bran with? I mean that ties it back to the first season and he gives her the blade in that exact spot in season 7.
Also, IIRC, PwP is not the prophecy that concerns the NK. That's Azor Ahai, which isn't referenced much in the show beyond Season 2
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bangobango
AG
canadiaggie said:

saltydog13 said:

bangobango said:

That **** burns me up.

Also, IIRC, PwP is not the prophecy that concerns the NK. That's Azor Ahai, which isn't referenced much in the show beyond Season 2

Most consider them the same.
astros4545
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Cromagnum said:

That's why I would never watch this show in a public place. People overreact when they're in groups to try to top each other. It's fine for an NBA playoff, but not a show like this.

Nearly positive this is fake

Think it's a sporting event which has been getting spoofed with other random tv moments
mntamu23
I'll say it: one of if not the biggest letdown in a television series ever. So. Much. Wasted. Potential.
tk for tu juan
astros4545 said:

Social Media Influencer said:

Cromagnum said:

Nearly positive this is fake

Think it's a sporting event which has been getting spoofed with other random tv moments
PatAg
AG
It's been used for a plethora of things over the past half a year or so
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
saltydog13
AG
C@LAg said:

saltydog13 said:

so in other words, Littlefinger is the true hero for setting all of this in motion so that it could end this way.

Him and Howland Reed, of course.

I think you mean Jaime since he pushed Bran in the first place.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.