****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,413 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rewatched it with more brightness. Slightly better. I think watching through Amazon might be a problem as noted many times here.

As far as Bran with the crows, I disagree the NK pointed at him. That's what I thought originally.. but up until then, the trenches had been lit and the wights were just waiting. Then he pointed forward and they start marching in multiple single lines to lay down on the fire. After that, we see the NK on his dragon riding over the trenches. The NK was leading his army, not pointing at a crow and somehow realizing the guy who always knows the whereabouts of is hiding by a tree (and then waiting a long ass time to send any of his army that way).
Liquid Wrench
I'm glad to see that.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
hunter2012 said:

Also Arya's kill would have been the best if she had said "not today" to the night king as he is essentially their god of death.
This isn't an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. Not every great kill has to have some corny one-liner before the trigger is pulled. Also, she literally says that in her scene right before that to Mel.
saltydog13
AG
You just mad about Arya being the one to kill the Night King or something?
mazag08
AG
And for someone who hasn't seen endgame yet (going tomorrow).. yes, the post multiple pages back that was an attempt to be clever was very clearly about to spoil it for me.. luckily I scrolled past it once I realized what the poster was getting at. Very bad form, no matter how cleverly and ambiguous you thought it seemed. Just don't post that ***** It's not hard.
PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

Winter is coming ... ok now it's gone

also..

The crypts weren't safe.
I'm glad that they did it as a happy little accident that the Night King was most likely even unaware of happening. He was raising the dead so Jon couldn't get at him, and it just happened to also screw the people in the crypts over.
Clob94
Well, I can tell you that Winterville is going to need a new paint job and a sheet load of screen doors.
Redassag94
AG
That was amazing!! Endgame and The Long Night all in one weekend. Total greatness.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's the Game of Game of Thrones scoring update!
First # is multiple choice score, second is death pool, third is your total.

AgSquirrel97 40+21 = 61

Urban Ag 40+18 = 58
Spreadsheet Ag 40 + 18 = 58

Geoff H. 40 + 15 = 55

Texas Aggie '99 40 + 12 = 52

Walton Loads 30 + 21 = 51
oldag00 30 + 21 = 51

TxRunner97 30 + 18 = 48
Derek J. 30 + 18 = 48
Brian Earl Spilner 30 + 18 = 48

Rex Racer 20 + 21 = 41

Saint Arnold 20 + 18 = 38
wangus12 20 + 18 = 38

Andy W. 20 + 15 = 35
ChipolteMonger 30 + 15 = 35

Myles Moore 20 + 12 = 32

CoachRTM 10 + 18 = 28

canadiaggie
AG
mazag08 said:

Rewatched it with more brightness. Slightly better. I think watching through Amazon might be a problem as noted many times here.

As far as Bran with the crows, I disagree the NK pointed at him. That's what I thought originally.. but up until then, the trenches had been lit and the wights were just waiting. Then he pointed forward and they start marching in multiple single lines to lay down on the fire. After that, we see the NK on his dragon riding over the trenches. The NK was leading his army, not pointing at a crow and somehow realizing the guy who always knows the whereabouts of is hiding by a tree (and then waiting a long ass time to send any of his army that way).

I adjusted the brightness setting just a tad (was given a really really top of the line 1080p TV, right before the 4K revolution, by my uncle when he moved to Canada) and watched on HBO now. Really had no issues seeing at all. The contrasts and the deep dark colours were really good. Just to test I watched on a really cheap 4K my parents have and it was not nearly as good.
Sq1dvm
AG
I think the dragonglass disintegration vs non disintegration has to do with how long they've been dead. The one Arya shanked in the library looked pretty fresh, so no disintegration.
Eliminatus
AG
Such a let down. Go ahead and dogpile for being a naysayer.

They did exactly what I feared. They rushed this entire story arc. THE existential threat to all mankind in this universe and literally led up to from the very first scene of season one...just done and wrapped up as a throwaway side story. This whole thing felt so cheap. This was not some beautiful moment of cinematography and story writing of the single blade thrust ending the world threat. It was lazy and I am positive they just wanted to wrap this up as quickly as possible and move on as they ran out of time.

So many throw away moments.

Dothraki? Let's write them out in 4 minutes.

NK origins, motivations, entire point of even being in the show....nah.

This entire story arc was completely pointless to me. Even worse than the time they wasted on Dorn.

Dang. Super disappointed.
PatAg
AG
Sq1dvm said:

I think the dragonglass disintegration vs non disintegration has to do with how long they've been dead. The one Arya shanked in the library looked pretty fresh, so no disintegration.
wunwun hadn't been dead for very long
reb,
AG
my crazy plan for all this is to wait to see how they finish the series off before jumping off a cliff

we dont know whats going to happen next
Eliminatus
AG
reb, said:

my crazy plan for all this is to wait to see how they finish the series off before jumping off a cliff

we dont know whats going to happen next
Damn good caveat and you are right. I even thought about that myself after the show ended. I went from a befuddled "was that it? Is that really how they are going to wrap up the NK?" to "This is GoT. Perhaps not all is as it seems for now."

We shall just have to see. There is just so little time left to do much of anything....

Render
AG
Bran and the Night King staring at each other:

reb,
AG
atta boy.

they've done a great job with the whole series, lets let them finish it

plus, this way is much easier than stressing out about something we cant change anyway
MonkeyKnifeFighter
dude95
AG
wangus12 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

saltydog13 said:

Who is left on Arya's list outside of Cersei?
Ilyn Payne, the hound too technically

Well the Hound is off the list and Ilyn Payne's actor past away from cancer several years ago and they've left him out of the show
Got cancer - but recovered
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Furlock Bones
AG
Yup. As I said earlier, this is not going to age well at all. They effed up the entire series.
double aught
AG
I really enjoyed it, but the execution was lacking in spots and it frustrated me. A number of scenes were too dark. Some of the fighting, particularly with the dragons, was hard to follow.

But Arya was so baller at the end. Not today.
My Dad Earl
AG
I know some people can't be satisfied no matter what on here, but the episode went above and beyond my expections. I like the writers' idea of not revealing the NK's intentions. I think it makes him more sinister and less relatable, just like the Joker in the Dark Knight. "Some people just want to watch the world burn" is how I take it.

And I thought the Dothraki slaughter, while depressing, added to the terror at the beginning of the battle. War is a sometimes a waste (like what happened to the Dothraki) and I thought the confusion on screen during the dragon scenes added in the tenseness and the "fog of war" aspect. You got a good feeling of Jon and Dany's point of view.

My only question...how is there any Army left to invade Kings Landing? There were like 10 people left.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bangobango said:

reb, said:

were you people this pist off when frodo decided to keep the ring at the last second and it was gollum who ended up ironically destroying the ring?

because the whole trilogy was building up to frodo doing it

No, because the movie and books repeatedly told you and showed you that the ring corrupts the wearer and makes him not want to give it up.

And the movies and books repeatedly tell you that Jon gets bailed out at the end of every conflict he faces, Arya is always able to sneak in and murder whomever she wants, and the people who succeed in this story are not the stereotypical people you would expect.
Trident 88
AG
Dragons. After managing to survive the WW army, 20,000 live humans should be a cakewalk.

But you're still right. They need more bodies to make the last big battle episode interesting. I suspect they'll find them somewhere.
JAggie2007
AG
mazag08 said:

And for someone who hasn't seen endgame yet (going tomorrow).. yes, the post multiple pages back that was an attempt to be clever was very clearly about to spoil it for me.. luckily I scrolled past it once I realized what the poster was getting at. Very bad form, no matter how cleverly and ambiguous you thought it seemed. Just don't post that ***** It's not hard.
So much this. I read the first point and could tell what he was getting at, and then he was still trying to defend himself later. I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers, and then in a thread that has no relation to the MCU it almost gets ruined. May be time to check avoid the entertainment board completely with s*** like that going on.
gigemJTH12
AG
People who spoil crap are losers but guess what...there are a lot of losers out there.

If there's something you want to see, and you get online before you see it, getting spoiled is 100% on you. If you care that much just stay offline.
JAggie2007
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

People who spoil crap are losers but guess what...there are a lot of losers out there.

If there's something you want to see, and you get online before you see it, getting spoiled is 100% on you. If you care that much just stay offline.
Getting spoiled is not 100% on me when I'm reading something completely unrelated only days after it's release. I know staying offline is the only true way to stay completely spoiler free but I'm avoiding social media and other things with the potential to spoil it, is it so much to ask people not be a-holes on a thread that has literally nothing to do with Endgame?
Trident 88
AG
mazag08 said:

Agreed! If I hadn't been at the movie theater watching Endgame before coming home to watch my recording of GoT, I would have been pretty pissed off.

By the way, I don't recommend spending an evening watching Endgame and The Long Night GoT episode back-to-back. I didn't get much sleep last night.

Only one question after reading this thread, and it's a really minor one... Does anyone think there was a reason why they showed Ser Davos on the wall and watching Arya kicking undead ass with her dragon glass staff? We already knew she was a ninja and one of of the most likely candidates to kill the NK. Will this come up in the next episode?
gigemJTH12
AG
Yes. It is too much to ask. Like I said there are a lot of idiots out there. Just stay off the internet and go see the movie/show. Probably not worth it.
G Martin 87
AG
So much whinging.
Vernada
AG
Very frustrating episode.

Leaving it so dark that we couldn't tell WTF was happening most of the time. Terrible. I get it, it's war and no one knows what's going on. But I'm trying to consume a product here. I'm not fighting a battle.

It just got tedious. It probably could've been 20 minutes shorter and been a lot better episode.

So many dumb character decisions everywhere.

Especially when you compare this episode to some of the other epics that this series has produced, this just falls flat.
Federale01
AG
I'm not sure why everyone is confused about the NK and his motivation. The children of the forest explained that to Bran several seasons ago. I thought we would get a better explaination of how it all worked, like what the spirals meant and how the Wall was created with magic, but I thought the motivation was pretty clear. The children created him to kill man. He wanted to kill man.
Cromagnum
AG
JAggie2007 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Getting spoiled is not 100% on me when I'm reading something completely unrelated only days after it's release. I know staying offline is the only true way to stay completely spoiler free but I'm avoiding social media and other things with the potential to spoil it, is it so much to ask people not be a-holes on a thread that has literally nothing to do with Endgame?

Agree 100%. This is a game of thrones thread. Whomever puts spoilers for End Game deserves a ban.
Federale01
AG
Yeah, I think they made death almost too unbeatable too quickly. We knew for almost 30 minutes there was nothing that was going to save them except killing the NK so we were just waiting for it all to happen. They whites got over the wall too quickly which made it a little unbelievable that our favor characters were all basically left surrounded by the 5000 dead they killed. It left no real suspense about how they were going to get out of the problem.
First Page Last Page
Page 177 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.