****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,899,927 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
JW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not enough high profile deaths. Lots of people left to kill. Generally true once we ran out of books, became much more predictable.
AgLiving06
I'll be honest. I hoped Jon would kill the NK, the hound would die and aryas big kill would be the mountain.

Would have been a great contrast in size.
wangus12
AG
trip said:

Sansa won't have to worry about feeding two more armies any more.
Hell I kinda thought Sansa and Tyrion were making a little suicide pact and about to off eachother
tk for tu juan
So we get similar scenes to various movies:
1. Battle of Helms Deep
2. Arya in library = Jurassic Park kids hiding from velociraptors in lab/kitchen
3. Dragons in clouds = Batman 1989
4. Sansa and Tyrion = Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Plus Lyanna Mormont going David and Goliath on the giant
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why?
annie88
AG
NASAg03 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

I think anyone expecting an explanation about the NK, three eyed raven, etc are gonna be disappointed. I don't think hbo even knows. That's gonna be something that will only be addressed in the books that aren't ever gonna come out ha

there's 3 episodes left. plenty of time for backstory and explanations
Thought they were seven total, that would mean there are four left, right?
aglaohfour
AG
Yeah, I'm wondering about Podrick and Gendry. Can't recall the last time they were on screen.

Other than the lighting issue, excellent episode. It was a roller coaster emotionally. When the NK raised the dead, I felt physically sick. Tyrion and Sansa holding hands behind the tomb was just awesome. And god bless Jorah. If there was any doubt that he lived and breathed for Dany...

Now I just have to figure out how to calm down enough to sleep tonight.
annie88
AG
wangus12 said:

trip said:

Sansa won't have to worry about feeding two more armies any more.
Hell I kinda thought Sansa and Tyrion were making a little suicide pact and about to off each other
Gosh I didn't. I figured they were going to go out fighting. Or kind of a toy story 3, ending they were accepting their fate.
AtlAg05
AG
JW said:

Not enough high profile deaths. Lots of people left to kill. Generally true once we ran out of books, became much more predictable.

Deaths of characters from the beginning of the series isn't enough for you?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Drogon covered in wights stabbing him was pretty wild.
wangus12
AG
annie88 said:

NASAg03 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

I think anyone expecting an explanation about the NK, three eyed raven, etc are gonna be disappointed. I don't think hbo even knows. That's gonna be something that will only be addressed in the books that aren't ever gonna come out ha

there's 3 episodes left. plenty of time for backstory and explanations
Thought they were seven total, that would mean there are four left, right?
No, only 6 episodes this season. 7 last season
Swarely
7 last season. 6 this. We are halfway through the season.
annie88
AG
I was really surprised the other two dragons didn't just fire blue dragon up the ass. Seems like it would've slowed him down some.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Did anything happen?
wangus12
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Drogon covered in wights stabbing him was pretty wild.
That scene alone is why we didn't have any Ghost for almost 2 seasons
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So we know Varys has to die. How do we think he goes out?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Ghost is alive in the preview!

Ranger222
AG
Not sure how I feel about it yet. Leaning towards meh. Half the time I didn't know what was going on. For a battle where the living had very little odds, a lot of our favorite characters lived. Not going to shed a tear on Jorah or Edd.

You'd also think the NK would know he was being led into a trap and his generals not having his 6
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
annie88
AG
Swarely said:

7 last season. 6 this. We are halfway through the season.
Well ***** Alrighty then.
PatAg
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The howland reed scenes were awesome
Gonna be funny when he shows up on their way south next week
wangus12
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Ghost is alive in the preview!

Only character I want to actually make it
mazag08
AG
Thisguy1 said:

mazag08 said:

Thisguy1 said:

Adjust y'all's TVs. I haven't had a problem with darkness at all.

My tv is perfect for literally anything else I've ever watched. But I have to go manually change my settings because game of thrones couldn't effectively get their point across without making the entire episode incomprehensible?

It wasn't just the darkness.. it was choppy, blurry at times, shaky camera wayyy too much, and too hard to try and figure out what you were looking at.

There are ways to convey dark and low visibility without making the viewer feel like they're driving through a Minnesota snow storm with no wiper blades.

That added to it for me. It was chaos and it needed to be shown as chaos.

I would say that's fair, but once again, there are ways to do it without ruining the experience for the viewer.

Dragon battle? Couldn't see
Tormund fighting? Couldn't see
Jamie and Brienne fighting? Couldn't see. Just looked like random weapons moving and bodies (couldn't tell if they were living or dead) blocking views.
Starks coming out of graves? Could barely see
Was Gendry even there? Couldn't see

The things they did well were the Dothraki scene, the Mormont girl, Theon (though so stupidly predictable), and the Arya surprise.

It felt like the most well done hollow episode of tv I've ever watched. My heart was racing but I was left pretty underwhelmed with how each scene and the entirety of the episode played out.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Ok, I've processed. This was a disaster. I mean it was OK, but given the build, what a fricken let down. You've been building a story for years. Pay it the hell off. Kudos to the Russo's for End Game. This was bad.

The dragons.... meaningless. Jon R+L=J, meaningless. Pay off Ghost and the dire wolves who were threaded in the story since episode 1... Give Ghost a late come back with a howl and Nimeria charging in with all the wolves of Westoros. The internet would have melted.

Dothraki crossing the narrow sea? Meaningless. Aria??! She could have killed the NK 5 ways better. At least let some of the main characters run through the whites and actually fight White Walkers. Not one single WW fight? Horrible.

The Song of Ice and Fire is a Cerci Lannister story. Boo.....
chipotle
Man if I just now found out that there would only be 6 episodes this season instead of seven I'd be hitting the bottle. T&Ps
Humorous Username
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So we know Varys has to die. How do we think he goes out?

The Mountain, or Cersei.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
wangus12
AG
C@LAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why?
She was a nice and awesome character when there was politicking going on, but it was absolutely ridiculous for someone who cannot swing a sword even see over basic ramparts to be anywhere near the battle.

At her freaking she had no battle sense and was only useful yelling orders others were saying.

Yes, they gave her a badass way out, but it was eye rolling fan service.
BenFiasco14
AG
C@LAg said:

A lot less people died than they hinted at. They said A LOT of our favorite characters,...

But I am glad the Mormont kid is gone.
That giant was going to eat her
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Cromagnum
AG
Ghost is going to wind up sitting on the throne when this **** is all said and done
annie88
AG
Quote:

but given the build, what a fricken let down
If this is the way you thought about it you were never going to be OK with it. You had set yourself up to be let down.

It actually was very good in my opinion but not everybody has to think that. I didn't like how dark it was that was kind of irritating but other than that I thought it was good.

Remember, I love Game of Thrones too but in the end it's a television show and they can't please everyone. Just enjoy it for what it is and watch the remaining three episodes.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Swarely
Humorous Username
AG
Some of y'all need to quit your jobs and go to film school since you're getting upset over a TV show.
Charlie Conway
Champ Bailey said:

I didn't have any problems with the darkness at all.
Same, people act like they were surprised by it, before I started the episode I turned my setting to Vivid and it brightened up the screen a little and i could see everything
First Page Last Page
Page 167 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.