****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,513 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Federale01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Remember how quietly Jaqen H'gar moved through KL while he was helping Arya escape. The faceless folks are ninja level on the quiet scale.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm actually pretty happy/relieved that we still have to deal with the Jon/Dany throne tension, Dany/Sansa "What about the north?", etc.

I was kind of dreading the fact that all these stories would end up being irrelevant.

Howland Reed coming soon!
Cromagnum
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

Ok, I've processed. This was a disaster. I mean it was OK, but given the build, what a fricken let down. You've been building a story for years. Pay it the hell off. Kudos to the Russo's for End Game. This was bad.

The dragons.... meaningless. Jon R+L=J, meaningless. Pay off Ghost and the dire wolves who were threaded in the story since episode 1... Give Ghost a late come back with a howl and Nimeria charging in with all the wolves of Westoros. The internet would have melted.

Dothraki crossing the narrow sea? Meaningless. Aria??! She could have killed the NK 5 ways better. At least let some of the main characters run through the whites and actually fight White Walkers. Not one single WW fight? Horrible.

The Song of Ice and Fire is a Cerci Lannister story. Boo.....

BTKAG97
AG
I was hoping Jon would take a big batch of blue flame to the face and walk out unscathed.

And WTH happened to Ghost!!? Jorah should have been riding his ass back from the Dothraki charge.
Spaceball 1
AG
Great episode but wish John had killed the NK... fantasy stories are cliche but if you're a fantasy nerd like me that's what I pay for. The hero and villain square off and the hero wins.

The ninja stab is disappointing. All the Valyrian sword build up for nothing
The Dog Lord
AG
AgLiving06 said:

I'll be honest. I hoped Jon would kill the NK, the hound would die and aryas big kill would be the mountain.

Would have been a great contrast in size.

Also, Arya would probably fight like Oberyn to an extent but get the job done this time.
Ranger222
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

Ok, I've processed. This was a disaster. I mean it was OK, but given the build, what a fricken let down. You've been building a story for years. Pay it the hell off. Kudos to the Russo's for End Game. This was bad.

The dragons.... meaningless. Jon R+L=J, meaningless. Pay off Ghost and the dire wolves who were threaded in the story since episode 1... Give Ghost a late come back with a howl and Nimeria charging in with all the wolves of Westoros. The internet would have melted.

Dothraki crossing the narrow sea? Meaningless. Aria??! She could have killed the NK 5 ways better. At least let some of the main characters run through the whites and actually fight White Walkers. Not one single WW fight? Horrible.

Think this sums up my feelings. The first scene of this show opens north of the wall and you're made known about the threat of death and the coming Winter. Expected something deeper I guess for that resolution. What is Fire and Ice really then?

They just defeated the biggest threat to the living, now let's go fight another human war to end it?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Champ Bailey said:

I didn't have any problems with the darkness at all.
Same, people act like they were surprised by it, before I started the episode I turned my setting to Vivid and it brightened up the screen a little and i could see everything

LOL. I wasn't surprised at the dark either, but admitting you had to adjust your settings while at the same time basically agreeing it was shot fine is kind of hilarious. Apparently you did have a problem with the darkness.
BenFiasco14
AG
I can't stop laughing at howland reed mentions.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
chipotle
Ranger222 said:

BigTimeAlum said:

Think this sums up my feelings. The first scene of this show opens north of the wall and you're made known about the threat of death and the coming Winter. Expected something deeper I guess for that resolution. What is Fire and Ice really then?

They just defeated the biggest threat to the living, now let's go fight another human war to end it?

Same. The northern threat was always bigger than The Wheel. Now that it's been handled there's three more episodes of the wheel.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, would have been cool to see some actual WW's mix it up. We mostly got cool walking around like they were in a Dentyne Ice commercial
Swarely
The Catspaw is Valyrian steel
Cromagnum
AG
The Hound to Arya after this.

G Martin 87
AG
Had zero problems with darkness on my Sony TV. None at all.
tk for tu juan
Cromagnum said:

Ghost is going to wind up sitting on the throne when this **** is all said and done
I almost want to see this now just for the meltdown afterwards.
cbr
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

What the hell was Bran doing while warging the whole time the battle was going on?!

Protecting arya so she could sneak up on nk, who had to believe he'd won, and gloat.
Sports-Ag
AG
I'm just thinking how much of the Army are they going to have after that battle?

When the piano was playing and you see them basically looked defeated I was at a lost. Did not know how the episode was going to end at that point.
gigemJTH12
AG
JW said:

Not enough high profile deaths. Lots of people left to kill. Generally true once we ran out of books, became much more predictable.

Except that literally everyone predicted high profile deaths
Madmarttigan
AG
This is why Game of thrones has never intrigued me to read completely because it never made up its mind between midevil political warfare and high fantasy.

This episode just kind of shat on all of the high fantasy storylines in one swift strike.

Not to mention some of the worst battle planning I've ever seen from a bunch of brilliant warriors.
aggierogue
AG
I'm not afraid to say it. I loved it!!!

Nothing they would have done would have satisfied many of the complainers. But I've also got a great television that wasn't a problem with most of the dark scenes. Some was supposed to be left to your imagination. I have been picking Arya to kill the KK for a while now.
Spaceball 1
AG
Biggest winner of the night? George Martin. For the first time in years I think he'll do it better than the show.
MBAR
AG
Only problems I had with darkness was with Amazon's compression making for ****ty video quality. Switched over to HBO Now and it was a million times better.

It was definitely chaotic but I knew and saw what was going on. But the majority of people generally have **** for their TV video settings so I'm not shocked when they can't see *****
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Humorous Username
AG
Spaceball 1 said:

Great episode but wish John had killed the NK... fantasy stories are cliche but if you're a fantasy nerd like me that's what I pay for. The hero and villain square off and the hero wins.

Wasn't her dagger Valyrian steel?
aggierogue
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

JW said:

Not enough high profile deaths. Lots of people left to kill. Generally true once we ran out of books, became much more predictable.

This!!
MBAR
AG
Spaceball 1 said:

Biggest winner of the night? George Martin. For the first time in years I think he'll do it better than the show.
LOL I think its hilarious that people still think he's going to write an ending. Dude obviously has no interest in finishing the series and his last two efforts were pretty poor.
Camo
Disappointed there wasn't any sort of 1 on 1 fight between main characters and the WW.

The entire battle felt more like something out of world war Z.

It was good, but I can see why people have negative comments
Cromagnum
AG
MBAR said:

Only problems I had with darkness was with Amazon's compression making for ****ty video quality. Switched over to HBO Now and it was a million times better.

It was definitely chaotic but I knew and saw what was going on. But the majority of people generally have **** for their TV video settings so I'm not shocked when they can't see *****

I have a high end TV calibrated correctly. DirecTV broadcast compression still sucks ass. I'll be able to enjoy this correctly once the box set comes out
Humorous Username
AG
Sports-Ag said:

I'm just thinking how much of the Army are they going to have after that battle?

When the piano was playing and you see them basically looked defeated I was at a lost. Did not know how the episode was going to end at that point.

A long, slow shot of Howland Reed making his way to Winterfell.
DannyDuberstein
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

JW said:

I think maybe the word he's looking for is more traditional story vs the mind **** favorite character killer that GOT earned for a long time. The story does seem trigger shy in that dept now
aggierogue
AG
Watched it on HBOGo as well.
MBAR
AG
Humorous Username said:

Spaceball 1 said:

Wasn't her dagger Valyrian steel?
Yes, it was the dagger that was used in the attempt to kill Bran.
BigTimeAlum
AG
It's almost like they wrote a huge Zombie battle and completely forgot they had been telling an Epic. Maybe The Red Witch's story makes sense?

What have we been watching....

John's whole story was tied to the Great War. He did nothing.
Federale01
AG
Fire= the Targaryens. Ice= the Starks. Jon is both. I think its all about Jon.
First Page Last Page
Page 168 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.