****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,655 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Spaceball 1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Her dagger is yes. But they build all the swords up like this sword doesn't get smashed against ice blades!!!! Yet we never see another Valyrian/ice blade fight
gigemJTH12
AG
My one complaint. Most of the bad ass MF'ers on the show had like no real fighting this episode.

Jon( on a dragon the whole time)
Tormund
Brienne
THE WHITE WALKERS
Grey Worm

The most bad ass people had no actual battling. The ones who did were just showed slashing through a few wights
cbr
AG
Though I doubt the nk comes back this series, overall I expect he is sort of elemental. He's not gone. He's part of the circle of life like the 3er.

God/devil etc.

He may need a few thousand years more to regroup though.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm praying Howland Reed is sitting on the iron throne in episode 6, roll credits.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Spaceball 1 said:

The ninja stab is disappointing. All the Valyrian sword build up for nothing

Arya's dagger is Valyrian Steel. She had to stab the Night King right where the children of the forest originally put the dragon glass to create him.

The dagger she kills him with and saves Bran and everyone, is the same dagger that almost kills Bran in season 1.

I wouldn't say that's a lot of buildup for nothing
FIDO95
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

Ok, I've processed. This was a disaster. I mean it was OK, but given the build, what a fricken let down. You've been building a story for years. Pay it the hell off. Kudos to the Russo's for End Game. This was bad.

The dragons.... meaningless. Jon R+L=J, meaningless. Pay off Ghost and the dire wolves who were threaded in the story since episode 1... Give Ghost a late come back with a howl and Nimeria charging in with all the wolves of Westoros. The internet would have melted.

Dothraki crossing the narrow sea? Meaningless. Aria??! She could have killed the NK 5 ways better. At least let some of the main characters run through the whites and actually fight White Walkers. Not one single WW fight? Horrible.

The Song of Ice and Fire is a Cerci Lannister story. Boo.....

A song of Ice and Fire is a Jon Snow (AT) story. He rallied an Army capable of fighting to NK and will soon unite the Seven Kingdoms.

I don't disagree with a lot of your post. However, I think the mistake some might be making is comparing episodes. Episode 2 was an entirely different show more about people and I found it much more enjoyable since we been following these people for years. Episode 3 was more about a battle. In regards to story telling, 8x2 much better. In regards to action, 8x3 better. I don't think anything was useless because as Bran put it, it "brought us to where you (we) are today".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
saltydog13
AG
I'm going to have to rewatch it on the plasma after only having my iphone to watch it
MBAR
AG
Cromagnum said:

MBAR said:

Only problems I had with darkness was with Amazon's compression making for ****ty video quality. Switched over to HBO Now and it was a million times better.

It was definitely chaotic but I knew and saw what was going on. But the majority of people generally have **** for their TV video settings so I'm not shocked when they can't see *****

I have a high end TV calibrated correctly. DirecTV broadcast compression still sucks ass. I'll be able to enjoy this correctly once the box set comes out
Yeah no one is really getting the appropriate viewing until they see it on a disc.
oldcrow91
AG
The living should have been behind the walls to start the battle and the NK should have not gotten within miles of anybody who could kill him. Otherwise everything else all these years is totally believable.

Or maybe the real NK just sent is flunky down and he let himself get killed.
Madmarttigan
AG
My lg OLED looked fantastic
aggierogue
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

gigemJTH12 said:

JW said:

Not enough high profile deaths. Lots of people left to kill. Generally true once we ran out of books, became much more predictable.

Except that literally everyone predicted high profile deaths

I think maybe the word he's looking for is more traditional story vs the mind **** favorite character killer that GOT earned for a long time.

They did get us to the point where you'd pretty much lost all hope before it turns for the good guys. Much like Battle of the *******s and the Battle to capture a wight.
tk for tu juan
What if Bran was just warging to send out messenger crows to the surrounding areas and the Citadel
wangus12
AG
Camo said:

Disappointed there wasn't any sort of 1 on 1 fight between main characters and the WW.

The entire battle felt more like something out of world war Z.

It was good, but I can see why people have negative comments
Its baffling that they didn't have one WW fight in the entire thing. Just makes no damn sense
BenFiasco14
AG
All this dick measuring over who's got the best tv...

Well, MY TVs video quality was so good I saw Howland Reed fighting through the wights, trying to rush to Dany to explain Jon's parentage.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
tk for tu juan
tv1113 said:

My Panasonic plasma looked good, but the compression that Xfinity uses almost replaces all blacks with a dark grey
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
DannyDuberstein
AG
You lost hope? Only the most expected died and nothing was going to be won or lost until the Bran encounter. Before tonight, surely you expected this thing to seem dire at some point
ChipFTAC01
AG
Thought that was Gendry
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Humorous Username
AG
Can we all at least agree that this is proof that right after you have sex, you feel like you could take on a whole army?
FIDO95
AG
tv1113 said:

I agree. I love mine. No way to go back to a regular TV.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggierogue
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

My one complaint. Most of the bad ass MF'ers on the show had like no real fighting this episode.

Jon( on a dragon the whole time)
Tormund
Brienne
THE WHITE WALKERS
Grey Worm

The most bad ass people had no actual battling. The ones who did were just showed slashing through a few wights

That's because they were all overwhelmed with the sheer numbers of wights attacking. If you were looking for a bunch of one on one battle scenes, I'm not sure what kind of battle you were expecting. Perhaps you'll get what you're looking for in the upcoming battle.
Mayor West
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Spaceball 1 said:

Arya's dagger is Valyrian Steel. She had to stab the Night King right where the children of the forest originally put the dragon glass to create him.

The dagger she kills him with and saves Bran and everyone, is the same dagger that almost kills Bran in season 1.

What dagger did she give Sansa? I thought that's what she gave her right before she left for the crypt.
MW03
AG
Can someone explain to me why people think the dragon scenes were bad?
annie88
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Champ Bailey said:

I didn't have any problems with the darkness at all.
Same, people act like they were surprised by it, before I started the episode I turned my setting to Vivid and it brightened up the screen a little and i could see everything
I am re-watching it on HBO to go right now on my Apple box, and the quality is so much better it's not even funny. I can actually make things out now. I was watching on HBO on DIRECTV before.
CFTXAG10
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dragonglass, which would serve the same purpose
aggierogue
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

You lost hope? Only the most expected died and nothing was going to be won or lost until the Bran encounter. Before tonight, surely you expected this thing to seem dire at some point

Oh I think we all knew someone was going to waste the nk when he raised the dead. It was just a matter of who and how. I enjoyed how they took it there.
MBAR
AG
C@LAg said:

you are right about the amazon compression. it is HORRIBLE. So much horrible circular banding in the background.

HBO is much better.
They've also had server issues during every episode so far. Its been really bad and I'm probably going to cancel my subscription through them and just go straight through HBO Now. I originially got it through Amazon because they were the first to do 5.1 but HBO Now has implemented it.
Carlo4
AG
wangus12 said:

trip said:

Sansa won't have to worry about feeding two more armies any more.
Hell I kinda thought Sansa and Tyrion were making a little suicide pact and about to off eachother

So did I. Now I think they are going to get married...
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Mayor West said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Spaceball 1 said:

What dagger did she give Sansa? I thought that's what she gave her right before she left for the crypt.

Dragonglass dagger I'm pretty sure
Twice an Aggie
AG
So Rhaegal was injured but made it?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Federale01
AG
That was dragon glass. You can see it when Sansa pulls it out in the crypt.
First Page Last Page
Page 169 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.