****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,899,983 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do we think Melisandre and red priests/priestesses show up at any point for the battle?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Starting to think this happens in Ep 5. (The "final" battle.)

I watched a video on YouTube that theorizes that this will take place in the Riverlands, where the Golden Company will be battling the NK's secondary army, and the remnants of the BoW show up and Melisandre shows up, and this is the climactic battle where the PtwP saves the day, the GC joins the Stargaryens, and they go kill Cersei.

This sounds pretty close to what I was already thinking. Either this, or the GC is already part of the NK's army by then.
chipotle
double aught said:

chipotle said:

I've been to one CVS, two walmarts and an HEB and I can't find GoT oreos.
I see them everytime I go to Target. It's getting harder to resist them.

Got the last package at target
agrams
AG
so, the list of potential surprises for this episode:

1: Unexpected ally force shows up to save the day? (CoTF, Reeds, one of the 7 kingdom armies, etc?)

2: Unexpected enemy force shows up? (lots of giants, dire wolves, new beasts, or different type of warriors - neither WW or the dead?)

3: NK bypasses Winterfell and goes elsewhere?

4: one of the religious prophecies comes true? AA/ etc?

5: what else we got?

edit to add:

- Everyone dies at WF (75%+)

- No one dies at WF of significance.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All I know is I'm at hype level 9000 and ready for this **** to go down!
bearamedic99
AG
Good show but I've only seen 2 seasons

Edit- regarding the 12 M gif
chipotle
I'm going to love this episode 3000
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No idea what the gif is from, tbh.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Starting to think this happens in Ep 5. (The "final" battle.)

I watched a video on YouTube that theorizes that this will take place in the Riverlands, where the Golden Company will be battling the NK's secondary army, and the remnants of the BoW show up and Melisandre shows up, and this is the climactic battle where the PtwP saves the day, the GC joins the Stargaryens, and they go kill Cersei.

This sounds pretty close to what I was already thinking. Either this, or the GC is already part of the NK's army by then.

I like this variation....and I kinda hope it is true.....but I'm still skeptical just based on two things:

1. no mention of shooting another large scale battle in another location. I think word would have leaked of another shoot of any magnitude. And the BOW was shot at night. I doubt it was actually two battles filmed at night and just keeping one of them under wraps.

2. Everyone is just assuming ep. 5 because that director of BoB and BOW is the director. but he has directed non battle episodes before as well. And directors typically get multiple episodes per season.

But I hope they do have something completely surprising in scope at some point. Everything has been pointing to BOW but we've got KL maybe or something like this theory that could be a complete unknown.

I do expect curveballs just not sure of what it involves - battles or prophecies or characters or back story, etc. Maybe all of it.
bearamedic99
AG
#2 seems likely with Ice Spiders yet to appear but mentioned by Old Nan IIRC.

#5 Valar Morgulis or whatever. "Everyone dies"... We see 90% of Winterfell slain or worse. Someone here already mentioned the Alamo and that is what this is.

#6 no battle at all. The BoW is a misnomer as the army of the dead just ignores WF and marches past.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
I hope to see the dire wolves show up for the good guys. They haven't played much of a role in the last several seasons.
jtmoney03
AG
Rewatched the last episode last night. I think the point of the Giantsbane story was foreshadowing that Tormund is going to die at the hands of the wight Giant, whom's wife, Tormund suckled the teet.
ac04
the ultimate revenge for 3 months of teat sucking.
Bregxit
AG
jtmoney03 said:

Rewatched the last episode last night. I think the point of the Giantsbane story was foreshadowing that Tormund is going to die at the hands of the wight Giant, whom's wife, Tormund suckled the teet.

Or maybe Tormund kills him again.
MaroonStain
AG
Avengers: Endgame is in the books! Now I am trying to solve a couple of issues, take a nap and get ready for whatever awaits us tonight!

Additionally, after watching Endgame this morning, I have no idea how the Winterfell forces are going to beat or make it through tonight.
thann07
AG
I think the "aftermath" trailer heavily implied another major battle will be needed to settle things with the NK.

Also, from a pure plot standpoint, it seems like Cersei needs to face the NK at some point.

It also seemed like everything after episode 3 was well shut down.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice little primer for the WW.

We have been building towards this battle since the very first scene of the series.
JABQ04
AG
I don't think I've ever been this pumped for a TV show. There's some work to do around the house, have to throw my son batting practice, and grilling steaks for dinner, but getting the kids to bed at 7:45 and then cracking open some beers for tonight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good thing we don't have to worry about the crypts. It's the safest place to be.
Robert C. Christian
AG
thann07 said:

I think the "aftermath" trailer heavily implied another major battle will be needed to settle things with the NK.

Also, from a pure plot standpoint, it seems like Cersei needs to face the NK at some point.

Brings a good question. Every preview shot for season, I think, has only been through episode 3. Given that they aren't even releasing episode names until showtime, is everyone ok if there are no previews for next week? Or any week after that?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

thann07 said:

Brings a good question. Every preview shot for season, I think, has only been through episode 3. Given that they aren't even releasing episode names until showtime, is everyone ok if there are no previews for next week? Or any week after that?

I doubt thats the case. Even though that was apparent in the season previews (now based on what we have seen) I would expect there will be previews for the remaining episodes because it is likely things that happen now when revealed then mean they can show certain things in previews because you now know they are coming.

Basically everyone knew BoW was coming so previews up until now all concerned that. But based on what happens at Bow and any other surprises they can likely show stuff relating to it after the fact.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is just one man's opinion, but I think we should spoiler tag anything from episode previews beyond this point. I always skip them, and I'm sure there are others who do the same.
FriendlyAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Good thing we don't have to worry about the crypts. It's the safest place to be.

This has been so over said it would normally piss me off, but I think since I'm so excited it still makes me laugh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Dat foreshadowing @ 1:46.
bearamedic99
AG
I saw a great theory on Reddit about how the good guys win tonight.

Similar to Crockett playing the fiddle at the Alamo before the attack, Podrick sings to the wight army. Amazed by his voice, the wights start swaying while holding lighters in the air. A decayed arm falls while holding a lighter and the whole army goes up in flames.
wangus12
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I saw a great theory on Reddit about how the good guys win tonight.

Similar to Crockett playing the fiddle at the Alamo before the attack, Podrick sings to the wight army. Amazed by his voice, the wights start swaying while holding lighters in the air. A decayed arm falls while holding a lighter and the whole army goes up in flames.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pod singing Rains of Castamere.

https://v.redd.it/2awi957y60v21
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Txgunrnnr
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Do we think Melisandre and red priests/priestesses show up at any point for the battle?
I read something that some fan theories think she is already in WF and that we saw her in episode 2.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
Al Bula
AG
I'm not sure I entirely get this meme, but it is effing hilarious...

Quinn
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

I read something that some fan theories think she is already in WF and that we saw her in episode 2.

If we had seen her in episode 2 (ie she was in the background) someone would have found it and posted it on this thread. She might already be in Winterfell, but she wasn't in that episode.
AtlAg05
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

This has been so over said it would normally piss me off, but I think since I'm so excited it still makes me laugh

There has to be something with the food as well, right? They mentioned not having the food for everybody and then we see numerous shots of the line of people getting food.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I took it as she didn't take that news well... got really drunk.. and she's mocking him.

Silvertaps
AG
How long after the new episode does it appear in HBO Go?
Can't start it at 8pm. I DVR'ed it last Sunday on Direct TV Now and it was screwed up. Trying to find another alternative.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Drops exactly at 8 pm on HBO Go and Now.
First Page Last Page
Page 155 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.