****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,054 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Txgunrnnr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I always like these.

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
Chipotlemonger
AG
Bout that time to go cold. See y'all on the other side!
cbr
AG
Somehow I sort of see danarys and the last dragon kamikaziing the dead dragon and going out together to save someone in as grand a fashion as some of her outstanding entrances in this show. Maybe with her guardian Mormont dude too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sweet, been waiting on this one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Bout that time to go cold. See y'all on the other side!
I see what you did there.
Txgunrnnr
AG
Me too
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
BowSowy
AG
JABQ04 said:

Still want to know where the estimations of the army came from.

First I saw it was here. I believe it's the original source for the image: https://reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/bh3t5b/spoilers_i_made_a_comprehensive_speculative/
BowSowy
AG
cbr said:

You know I do really like the show, but conceptually it's just a lotr soap opera. Basically set in Bree/Gondor/Rohan....before they realized Mordor was the big problem.

In kind, Ned and borimir are sort of mirrors as are the sams.

As such, I tend to expect some real underdog to be the one to save the day.

See hodor.

Maybe Sam. Maybe aria. Those she's sort of a badass. Wouldn't shock me if it was sams girlfirend or something shocking.
I mean, Sam has already saved the day by being the one to realize dragonglass kills them. And it does seem like Arya's going to play a pivotal role with her new weapon. But man, it would be dumb if freakin Gilly saves the day in this battle.
cbr
AG
BowSowy said:

cbr said:

You know I do really like the show, but conceptually it's just a lotr soap opera. Basically set in Bree/Gondor/Rohan....before they realized Mordor was the big problem.

In kind, Ned and borimir are sort of mirrors as are the sams.

As such, I tend to expect some real underdog to be the one to save the day.

See hodor.

Maybe Sam. Maybe aria. Those she's sort of a badass. Wouldn't shock me if it was sams girlfirend or something shocking.
I mean, Sam has already saved the day by being the one to realize dragonglass kills them. And it does seem like Arya's going to play a pivotal role with her new weapon. But man, it would be dumb if freakin Gilly saves the day in this battle.

Maybe so. Wouldn't be in the battle per se. maybe in some tight hopeless situation. Who knows. Just a weird feeling.
Swarely
BowSowy said:

JABQ04 said:

First I saw it was here. I believe it's the original source for the image: https://reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/bh3t5b/spoilers_i_made_a_comprehensive_speculative/

For this that are about to click that link, just a heads up- it is spoiler tagged. I don't know how bad cause I stopped reading right then.
BowSowy
AG
Swarely said:

BowSowy said:

JABQ04 said:

For this that are about to click that link, just a heads up- it is spoiler tagged. I don't know how bad cause I stopped reading right then.
Fair point. They tag spoilers for anything related to recent episodes and the main post has no spoilers that I could see. I haven't read the comments, though.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/26/game-of-thrones-director-battle-of-winterfell/

get hype
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And that Star Wars tease at the end sounds an awful lot like he's already been approached.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TyHolden
AG
Any way to insert John Wick into the series???
BowSowy
AG
Come on dude, John Wick is clearly DLC with the season pass
Lex
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rank deaths that would gutpunch you the most.

1.Tormund because he is bae.
2. Jon because he was always been my second choice(RIP Robb)
3. Arya
4. Jorah
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
CapCityAg89
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rank deaths that would gutpunch you the most. (Not predictions.)

1. Arya
2. Sansa
3. Tyrion
4. Davos
5. Jon
6. Brienne
JABQ04
AG
BowSowy said:

JABQ04 said:

The author does a great job at explaining how he came
Up with the numbers that he did. He must have watched and rewatched every episode and paid attention to anytime anyone said anything about troop numbers. For the most part I would say he might be pretty close to actual numbers and gives previous episodes to back it up with some educated guesses as well. Don't think I agree with his Karstark numbers though. Didn't see anything that would truly be spoilers either. Just explanations with references to previous episodes and some guesses on characters who might show up.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
13+ hrs
AtlAg05
AG
The Dog Lord
AG
C@LAg said:

have there been any articles talking about them consulting with a military historian so that they have at least some level of a strategy for the battle, or is it just going to be jumping around to different characters to see what they are dealing with.

Just jumping around if I had to guess. It seems like their whole strategy is to hold them off as long as possible while trying to kill the NK. That's it. I assume they are deploying troops outside WL because they simply couldn't hold everyone inside.
Federale01
AG
Yeah, when their collapsible bridge dropped all of two feet, I got the feeling they didn't do much historical research. But then again, historical battle recreation has never really been there thing. I
FIDO95
AG
Winter is here.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fenrir
Federale01 said:

Yeah, when their collapsible bridge dropped all of two feet, I got the feeling they didn't do much historical research. But then again, historical battle recreation has never really been there thing. I

I thought the point of the collapsible bridge was the spikes that formed when the center collapsed, not the fall itself.
aggietony2010
AG
Fenrir said:

Federale01 said:

I thought the point of the collapsible bridge was the spikes that formed when the center collapsed, not the fall itself.

Yep. I'm guessing the point is that as the open field conditions deteriorate, retreat across these behind the flaming trenches and collapse these into spikes.
AtlAg05
AG
Create a ring of fire around the castle and I'm sure the wights will just run into the dragon glass spikes, killing themselves in the process but creating a mound that others will be able to crawl over.

Ultimate cannon fodder army when you don't care about losses when you can just raise new fodder as you kill the enemy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg said:

I have a feeling this episode is going to disappoint. We have built it up so much that it can only let us down.

Take that **** back over the wall where it belongs.
Federale01
AG
So they are hoping they will impale themselves on the spikes? Guess that could work against Calvary, but I can't see how it would be very effective against infantry.
aggietony2010
AG
Federale01 said:

So they are hoping they will impale themselves on the spikes? Guess that could work against Calvary, but I can't see how it would be very effective against infantry.

I think they're hoping for a lot of things. They just slapped dragonglass on as much **** as possible.
First Page Last Page
Page 154 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.