****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,899,410 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
chase128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think Jon is into the incest
Max Power
AG
redline248 said:

I rewatched Ep 2. I think everyone misinterpreted Dany's reaction to Jon telling her the truth. She was shocked and in doubt. Then, when she was saying all that about rightful heir to the iron throne, I don't think she was angry or anything, I think she was trying to get a read on what he was going to say.
It's difficult to say what she thinks, and the reason for me is that I think she's the weakest major actor/actress on the show. She just comes off to me as a lot of false bravado compared to the other strong female characters on the show like Sansa, Cercei, and Arya who all do a much better job in any scene they're in. That scene with her and Sansa alone, Sansa felt like she was in control. But maybe that's all by design, Sansa knows what she wants and why, there's conviction there, and a sense of responsibility.

Dany still just wants the throne because she believes she deserves it based on stories she was told as a child, it's why I do not believe she's even remotely cool with learning there is someone with a more legitimate claim to the throne than her, it's earth-shattering news to her.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I re-watched last night as well, and I kept thinking it won't matter if one of them dies, but no way Jon keeps up the relationship with Dany. In fact, most of the episode he was being short with her.

He was avoiding her because of what he knew and he knew he had to tell her - and now she knows why. Although he also may have realized although they have not said it - that she is his Aunt. Might not bother her but it might bother him.

But I agree... I think in the end it doesn't matter. One of them dies at least if not both. And one may sacrifice hm or herself for the other.

Or the third possibility I mentioned yesterday..... she truly loses it and decides to take Jon out at a moment of opportunity in the battle with dragon fire. Only he survives (proving he is Targ) and then kills her plunging his sword into her heart killing her and creating Lightbringer and then kills the NK. If the prophecy is to happen that's one way I could see it playing out.

redline248
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I re-watched last night as well, and I kept thinking it won't matter if one of them dies, but no way Jon keeps up the relationship with Dany. In fact, most of the episode he was being short with her.

Was he short with her bc he wants to end the relationship or bc he's trying to figure out when to tell her and what to say? I think when she came to find him in the crypt, he was still receptive. He even put his arm around her.

It will be really interesting to see how they handle being related. One thing to remember, which may be more of a book detail, is that she grew up with Viserys being a little too friendly. Plus stories of her family marrying relatives. She may not care. Will Jon?
The Dog Lord
AG
Maveric said:

As far as loose ends go, is Edmund Tully the ruler of House Frey? If so, where are they and his army? Should we expect Nymeria to show up with her pack to protect Arya? Why else did they include the scene of her last season if not to have her show up again?

What about the Blackfish? Where is he?
Edmure is still the lord of House Tully, but I would assume that he and their army are still in the control of the Lannisters. Edmure surrendered Riverun to them. I believe their army didn't fight for the most part, but the Blackfish kept fighting anyway and was killed. House Frey is pretty much non-existent now (although there are probably stray ones out there).
CFTXAG10
AG
redline248 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Was he shirt with her bc he wants to end the relationship or bc he's trying to figure out when to tell her and what to say? I think when she came to find him in the crypt, he was still receptive. He even put his arm around her.

It will be really interesting to see how they handle being related. One thing to remember, which may be more of a book detail, is that she grew up with Viserys being a little too friendly. Plus stories of her family marrying relatives. She may not care. Will Jon?
Based on his morals throughout the show I think he will, unless he feels like he has to bone her to save the North
Liquid Wrench
M.C. Swag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yes, good point. But "present-day" Bran cannot.

A time-travelling Bran from the future saving the day would be super cheap and I doubt they'd ever do that. The farthest they'd go is current Bran figuring out the key to defeating the NK just in time, IMO.
He can though. He 'saw' Ned's death in S1. Later Jojen confirms that Bran also has the 'greensight' which encompasses past, present, and future.
Did Bran see Ned die? I thought he just dreamed that he saw Ned in the crypts, as did Rickon.

As for Bran "waiting for an old friend," have people forgotten that Bran is also a Warg? He doesn't have to see past or future to warg into a bird and watch the roads into Winterfell.
My Dad Earl
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My Dad Earl said:

I haven't been on this thread much, and I don't have time to go back and catch up, but has anybody speculated yet about the possibility of the Night King resurrecting the deceased Starks in the Crypts? I read that theory online and it just makes sense with how much emphasis the show is placing on the crypts lately.
Nope. Hasn't been mentioned once.
I'll take that as I'm late to the party lol
Liquid Wrench
We've been talking about it for a while (along with the rest of the internet) and I guess none of us will know until Saturday.
emtes
AG
because he had already left KL in route to Winterfell......
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

M.C. Swag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yes, good point. But "present-day" Bran cannot.

A time-travelling Bran from the future saving the day would be super cheap and I doubt they'd ever do that. The farthest they'd go is current Bran figuring out the key to defeating the NK just in time, IMO.
He can though. He 'saw' Ned's death in S1. Later Jojen confirms that Bran also has the 'greensight' which encompasses past, present, and future.
Did Bran see Ned die? I thought he just dreamed that he saw Ned in the crypts, as did Rickon.

As for Bran "waiting for an old friend," have people forgotten that Bran is also a Warg? He doesn't have to see past or future to warg into a bird and watch the roads into Winterfell.

He said he saw him die.....dreamt it ( about 1:30 mark) and jojen says you didn't dream it you saw it. Prior to that they also talk about seeing things that have not happened yet (0:45 mark)

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
gigemJTH12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I will say that the "saved by the bell" trope was pretty annoying this episode. Both Sansa/Dany's "What about the north?" and Jon/Dany's throne discussions were cut short, and it feels like a really cheap writing trick to leave discussions unresolved until after the battle.

See I disagree. Neither of those conversations mean anything if they all die. Literally all that matters is the battle. No need to waste time really diving into those plot lines until and if they defeat the Night King
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Howland Reed WILL return!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I will say that the "saved by the bell" trope was pretty annoying this episode. Both Sansa/Dany's "What about the north?" and Jon/Dany's throne discussions were cut short, and it feels like a really cheap writing trick to leave discussions unresolved until after the battle.

See I disagree. Neither of those conversations mean anything if they all die. Literally all that matters is the battle. No need to waste time really diving into those plot lines until and if they defeat the Night King

Assuming half the people die - most of those conversations would not happen after - hence the reason they are before. But the ones that are cut short are probably for a reason - meaning they are still in play after or at least during. imho.

gigemJTH12
AG
Good point! And I think that take and mine can be parallel truths.
bangobango
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

this is what is driving me crazy. They did it in the first episode, too. It's being way overused right now.
bonfarr
AG
One of my favorite GOT memes of 2019

bangobango
AG
And if Bran can see the past and interact with it, as we've seen, then he is essentially "unstuck" in time, and would be able to "see" the future. He would not exist in a linear timeline like the rest of us, but instead would exist in a "flat circle." (think true detective)
cbr
AG
i thought the only problem with the episode was the apparent lack of planning/scheming or strategic thinking by characters formerly very good at it (e.g. the eunuch and the imp, and apparently recently the hot redhead.. hell, even the one handed prince was decent at it, seems weird to just show up alone with no plan).

parking your ass in this small castle and lining up outside the walls doesnt really seem like a good idea to me. Its not like the enemy is going to run out of rations in a siege. And that freaking zombie dragon looks like REALLY bad news for people inside that castle.

i suppose the show may surprise us with grand plans unfolding that were not made on screen, that seems like good showmanship, and something the show has done quite a bit.

question - i understand this is based on books, and that the end was never written.... so we are 'off script' ? what's up with that?

can the assassin ex virgin sneak up on a zombie king?

can a live dragon roas a dead one?

can the creepy 3 eyed raven kid take over a dead person?

does this castle have a stash of green fire too?

bottom line, seems like the only way to win this one is have a serious edge, beyond what swords and arrows and walls can provide.

Thunder18
AG
Does the ice dragon melt people (like the 2 normal dragons)...or flash freeze them? I ask because freezing them would preserve the bodies for the Night King to resurrect. Thoughts?
TPS_Report
AG
cbr said:

i thought the only problem with the episode was the apparent lack of planning/scheming or strategic thinking by characters formerly very good at it (e.g. the eunuch and the imp, and apparently recently the hot redhead.. hell, even the one handed prince was decent at it, seems weird to just show up alone with no plan).

parking your ass in this small castle and lining up outside the walls doesnt really seem like a good idea to me. Its not like the enemy is going to run out of rations in a siege. And that freaking zombie dragon looks like REALLY bad news for people inside that castle.

i suppose the show may surprise us with grand plans unfolding that were not made on screen, that seems like good showmanship, and something the show has done quite a bit.

question - i understand this is based on books, and that the end was never written.... so we are 'off script' ? what's up with that?

can the assassin ex virgin sneak up on a zombie king?

can a live dragon roas a dead one?

can the creepy 3 eyed raven kid take over a dead person?

does this castle have a stash of green fire too?

bottom line, seems like the only way to win this one is have a serious edge, beyond what swords and arrows and walls can provide.

They have been working from Martin's unfinished book (Winds of Winter) and he has sketched out his plan for the series for the producers. However, you can tell he isn't involved in the writing of dialogue as it has gone downhill considerably in Seasons 7 & 8.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He melted the wall. So i'm going to assume he's incinerate the **** of people too. Just by the order of the blue flame.
Thunder18
AG
Yea he obliterated the wall, but I wasn't sure if it was in the sense of actually melting it via flames or by pure magical dragon energy. Seems like a waste to resurrect the dragon just to have him scorch your enemies to ash instead of freezing them and then being able to add to your legions of undead
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thunder18 said:

Does the ice dragon melt people (like the 2 normal dragons)...or flash freeze them? I ask because freezing them would preserve the bodies for the Night King to resurrect. Thoughts?
Well, it brought down the wall, so I'm thinking melt.
bonfarr
AG
Interesting theory from Reddit on what happens to Tyrion. If this happens I will be as upset as I was when they killed Hershell on Walking Dead.

gigemJTH12
AG
Alright where do we get rich?

DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd swap Gendry and the Hound
gigemJTH12
AG
I have trouble seeing anyone die other than tormund, Theon, Davos.

I just feel like the rest of them have more to contribute to the plot.

I know more will die, but in each case I think some plot will be left unfinished if they do.
G Martin 87
AG
Gendry is the pick there. Easy money.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brienne is easy money.
Joseph Parrish
AG
How is Greyworm not on that death list?

They don't let you talk about your future and let you have that future on this show.

Also, Brienne got what she always wanted...she's dead now.
gigemJTH12
AG
I'm at the point where I think brienne dying is a litttle too obvious. Everyone is expecting it. I think tormund May die saving her. I also think there is a little romance left to be had between her and Jamie.
M.C. Swag
AG
I would lay heavy money on Brienne. Everything about her screams 'yer dead.'

Everyone else I can still see an out. Theon & Jorah will die eventually but not 100% sold on it being in episode 3.
gigemJTH12
AG
M.C. Swag said:

I would lay heavy money on Brienne. Everything about her screams 'yer dead.'

Exactly...too obvious IMO
First Page Last Page
Page 134 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.