****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,425 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggietony2010 said:

Reddit theory that I liked (for all I know it could be based on a leak, so I'm spoilering it, but it seemed like a pretty good one)

Everyone assumes that the big clash is going to be at the Battle of Winter fell, and that's probably where the army of the dead is marching. But that's not where the night king is headed.

Why would the NK head to Winterfell where he'll be facing a 2v1 dragon fight against a prepared army. We've seen glimpses of a frozen and destroyed Kings Landing, and a dragon riding overhead. But we've never seen who is on the dragon. Why wouldn't the Night King head that way with Ice-Viserion, wreck shop, and add a million to the army of the dead. King's Landing is defenseless aside from the wildfire. Dragonglass? nope. Valyrian steel? Nope, the last blade we know of headed North with Jamie.

that's not bad - at first I thought you meant the entire dead army. that's impossible even with Westeros time travel. they are barely past the Last Hearth which is still well north of WF. It took Jamie weeks it appears to go from KL to WF.

But just the NK on Viserion.... maybe.

the vision of a dragon over KL was by Bran back in S4 and it was just a shadow so it could have been the ice dragon and we would not know it.

It wouldn't be for an army though - not to join this fight - again they would be weeks away from WF. But could they take KL with just a few thousand in a dead army sure. A pre-emptive strike.

Or he might just wreck shop there and try to distract the other armies - get the Golden Company to turn back maybe. And would that cause disruption in the preparations at WF.

Interesting theory and strategy maybe.

And the vision Bran had of the dragon shadow showed KL without snow. As the season progresses, I feel like KL will start getting more snow, so perhaps that's reason to believe the dragon shadow could happen earlier in the season?
bobinator
AG
The Debt said:

I would like to point out that the only people who believe dragonglass kills WWs are in the north.

The rest may have heard it from ravens (or the peace conference) but they certainly arent heading to dragonstone to mine it.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Cersei and Euron have no reason not to believe it. They may not have tons of it on hand, but they at least know it.
Agnzona
An interesting twist could be no big battle in Winterfell, maybe just some nearby skirmish and that the Night King bypasses it and heads straight for KL screwing Cersis plan of fighting what's left and everyone in Winterfell head south to finish what's left. So still just one huge battle but outside Kings Landing or in the rivetlands even?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
smokeythebear said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggietony2010 said:

Reddit theory that I liked (for all I know it could be based on a leak, so I'm spoilering it, but it seemed like a pretty good one)

Everyone assumes that the big clash is going to be at the Battle of Winter fell, and that's probably where the army of the dead is marching. But that's not where the night king is headed.

Why would the NK head to Winterfell where he'll be facing a 2v1 dragon fight against a prepared army. We've seen glimpses of a frozen and destroyed Kings Landing, and a dragon riding overhead. But we've never seen who is on the dragon. Why wouldn't the Night King head that way with Ice-Viserion, wreck shop, and add a million to the army of the dead. King's Landing is defenseless aside from the wildfire. Dragonglass? nope. Valyrian steel? Nope, the last blade we know of headed North with Jamie.

that's not bad - at first I thought you meant the entire dead army. that's impossible even with Westeros time travel. they are barely past the Last Hearth which is still well north of WF. It took Jamie weeks it appears to go from KL to WF.

But just the NK on Viserion.... maybe.

the vision of a dragon over KL was by Bran back in S4 and it was just a shadow so it could have been the ice dragon and we would not know it.

It wouldn't be for an army though - not to join this fight - again they would be weeks away from WF. But could they take KL with just a few thousand in a dead army sure. A pre-emptive strike.

Or he might just wreck shop there and try to distract the other armies - get the Golden Company to turn back maybe. And would that cause disruption in the preparations at WF.

Interesting theory and strategy maybe.

And the vision Bran had of the dragon shadow showed KL without snow. As the season progresses, I feel like KL will start getting more snow, so perhaps that's reason to believe the dragon shadow could happen earlier in the season?

Yes. I actually meant to mention that. Glad you did.

It would seem if it is going to happen it would be E2...before BOW. Or just after at the start of E3.

Urban Ag
AG
the dragon shadow could have been Dany taking her dragons to KL at the end of last season
Cibalo
I'm hoping the NK kills everyone and takes over Westros, then takes his even bigger army of the undead and sets off for Essos. HBO would have a whole new spinoff to keep the money train moving.
Urban Ag
AG
Agnzona said:

An interesting twist could be no big battle in Winterfell, maybe just some nearby skirmish and that the Night King bypasses it and heads straight for KL screwing Cersis plan of fighting what's left and everyone in Winterfell head south to finish what's left. So still just one huge battle but outside Kings Landing or in the rivetlands even?
If Santa Anna had only thought of this! Good thing he didn't.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
C@LAg said:

Agnzona said:

except they have hyped an 80 minute Battle of Winterfell for episode 3..... one that took months to film.

yeah that was no 55 days/nights headfake with a set people could see and other things that leaked as a result - not plot but just who all was there. they didn't get the entire cast (90%) there for months only to not use that...and they have been pimping it by name as the biggest battle ever filmed. 10 months overall in production on that episode alone.

I'm going with no.

smokeythebear
AG
Cibalo said:

I'm hoping the NK kills everyone and takes over Westros, then takes his even bigger army of the undead and sets off for Essos. HBO would have a whole new spinoff to keep the money train moving.
Dany's daughter is fleeing Dragonstone on a sailboat when it gets boarded by the Night King. But just before he lands (flying on an undead Drogon of course) she's able to get a raven off to Mereen that say "Help me Daario Naharis, you're my only hope"
aggietony2010
AG
Agnzona said:

this is essentially the theory I brought from Reddit and spoiler tagged because it seemed good enough to be a leak. But there's going to be a big battle at Winterfell. This theory is just that at the same time, NK and Viserion go grab themselves another army.

With really nothing to stop him, how hard would it be for the NK to turn Kings Landing into an army

Or going full conspiracy, Cersei does the only thing she can think of to stop them, and orders the wildfire caches lit.

Sunday needs to get here already
The Debt
bobinator said:

The Debt said:

I would like to point out that the only people who believe dragonglass kills WWs are in the north.

The rest may have heard it from ravens (or the peace conference) but they certainly arent heading to dragonstone to mine it.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Cersei and Euron have no reason not to believe it. They may not have tons of it on hand, but they at least know it.
What was their action? To sail east and hire an army. They arent looking to fight the WWs, they are looking to kill the humans that survive the WWs.

We had three episode arc of Cersie and Qyburn devising methods to kill a dragon, but we havent caught a whiff of Cersei's forces allocating dragonglass.
Thisguy1
I'm rewatching S8E1 now and I just realized Cersei pretty much gave away that she was pregnant to Tyrion by not drinking wine when he offered, but yet she drinks wine after shacking up with Euron.

She ain't pregnant.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Farmer1906
AG
How much time has passed since that meeting? Shouldn't she be showing by now?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I'm not saying that Cersei is particularly worried about mining dragonglass, but I just thought the wording of 'only people who believe dragonglass kills WWs are in the north.'

That's not really true, it's just that Cersei doesn't seem to care about it.
jboog
AG
Thisguy1 said:

I'm rewatching S8E1 now and I just realized Cersei pretty much gave away that she was pregnant to Tyrion by not drinking wine when he offered, but yet she drinks wine after shacking up with Euron.

She ain't pregnant.
I know it's obviously common knowledge nowadays not to drink when you're pregnant, but was that really a factor in this time?

I just think it's funny how that is the way so many people are deciding that she's not pregnant when there's so much other f*cked up stuff that happens in GoT
Rudyjax
AG
People drank when pregnant up until the 1950s.
Thisguy1
The only reason I brought it up was she refused it in the past. So why refuse then but drink now?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Farmer1906
AG
C@LAg said:

Why did Bran not warn the Umber boy he was going to be a victim of Wight Power?
Because they gave over Rickon. Revenge is a *****.
jboog
AG
Rudyjax said:

People drank when pregnant up until the 1950s.
That's what I'm saying!
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jboog
AG
Thisguy1 said:

The only reason I brought it up was she refused it in the past. So why refuse then but drink now?
I don't think it was b/c she was pregnant, Tyrion noticed she was pregnant b/c she was holding her stomach.

If that is the case though, that's a weird goof for them to put in the show.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Vegas will take your money if you want to bet on the Jets winning the Super Bowl, but it's just a feel good flushing of money down the drain.
bearamedic99
AG
I finally caught up on this thread.

A Lannister always pays his debts.

We have a reunion between Tyrion and Jamie. Jamie vowed to kill Tyrion for murdering their father. Tyrion owes Jamie for ruining his first wedding but Jamie also helped Tyrion escape his doom from a Red Keep cell.

Predictions?
Dad
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I have a theory that he already knows and has never said anything.

Remember how he was staring at the room when they first had the secks?

It was like he knew.

I think he probably knows Jon has been with wildlings and Dany is about to get some surprise STDs.
double aught
AG
bearamedic99 said:

We have a reunion between Tyrion and Jamie. Jamie vowed to kill Tyrion for murdering their father. Tyrion owes Jamie for ruining his first wedding but Jamie also helped Tyrion escape his doom from a Red Keep cell.

Predictions?
They've seen each other twice since those events. I doubt there will be anything major between them.
Schall 02
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Predictions?

In a way they both have their sister to blame for all of that. Especially if Bron tells them why he's on scene.
M.C. Swag
AG
Thisguy1 said:

So if she's not really pregnant, explain her motivations for having sex with Euron?
jboog
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Thisguy1 said:

So if she's not really pregnant, explain her motivations for having sex with Euron?
Probably horny
M.C. Swag
AG
SAtxag16 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Thisguy1 said:

Probably horny

Glad you don't write for HBO
Cee gee
M.C. Swag said:

Thisguy1 said:

Creampie surprise
wangus12
AG
Shock prediction. Little Bear Mormont bites it against the Army of the Dead and Jorah reinherits Bear Island
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.