****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,683 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
SWCBonfire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLaw said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Look who finally got Brienne.

No Rory McCann (The Hound)? And others missing as well... this the final day's shot?
Urban Ag
AG
StringerBell said:

oh **** off man the last thing i want to see is dany and drogo having a moon stars moment to end the show
You must have hated the end of Gladiator
WestAustinAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

BenFiasco14 said:

So are we to assume that Young Griff is indeed a fraud since HBO completely punted on that storyline?
HBO Exec: Hey George good to see you. Thanks for coming in, really. So here's the thing.....we've been looking at our production budget and, well, all of these character, there's a bunch, and we just had a few last minute questions for you before we really turn our show writers loose.

GRRM: Sure guys, happy to help. Fire at will.

HBO Exec: Ok, greaaaaaat. So George, this "Young Griff/Aegon Targaryen character in book 5......is he really a Targ? Does he really have a legitimate claim to the throne?

GRRM: Now that's an interesting question for sure. You see, there has always been some mystery about the validity of both Targaryen children dying in the sack of Kings Landing. They were so badly beaten it would have been nearly impossible for anyone other than the parents to identify them. So it's quite plausible that.....

HBO Exec: Riiiiiiiight. We're going to go with "no". Okay next question. Victarion Greyjoy......just seems hard to believe that some foul mouthed sailor wins Dany over and uses some horn to control her dragons. Agree?

GRRM: Well hold on, there is some very powerful magic in the dragon horn. Legends and lore from Asshai, ancient runes, described the horn as being able to...

HBO Exec: Yeah, already did that with Mance and the hillbillies from the north pole, nothing burger, George. Nothing burger. So, another "no". Ok George, how about Quentyn Martell? Introduced and dies in the same book. Gets laughed at and cooked by a dragon. Really, any bearing on the big picture?

GRRM: I gotta tell you, Quentyn Martell was a really fun POV for me to write because it tied so well in to the marriage pacts that were made between Martell's in Dorne and the Targaryen's, really interesting stuff..

HBO Exec: Allrighty, also a "no". Ok George, last question. Lady Stoneheart. We're kind of thinking Cat just needs to stay dead, what are we jeopardizing with the overall story here....

GRRM: Well the books didn't even begin to illustrate her importance in the ongoing guerilla war in the Riverlands, Lady Stoneheart will go on to be quite a factor in the....

HBO Exec: Hey George, wow times flies and I have another meeting starting up, thanks again for coming in...

GRRM: Wha...

It's the GOT pitch meeting:
Icecream_Ag
S
SWCBonfire said:

AgLaw said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

No Rory McCann (The Hound)? And others missing as well... this the final day's shot?
based on the paw on the dothrakis shoulder, I'd guess either he or the mountain are cut off that side of the pic
DenverAg91
AG

Tom Herman as Jon Snow...........got a good laugh out of this one
SWCBonfire
AG
?itemid=8058744

Thought that was Iain Glen's right hand
aTmAg
AG
Question:

Was the part about Dany burning the Tarly's in the books?

The show is making that out to be a big deal, but in the grand scheme of things (like in Earth's history) executing guys like that wouldn't have been. There are plenty of cases of a winning army wiping out every man, woman, and child within a losing city.
double aught
AG
Regarding Jaime and Bran:

Memory may be failing me, but does anyone (aside from Cersei) even know that Jaime pushed Bran out the window? Bran himself couldn't remember what happened when he awoke, but presumably he could use some of his Three Eyed Raven nonsense to learn the truth.
Phrasing
AG
Not sure about the books, but the way they are using it as a plot device in the show bugs me. In earlier seasons no one would have batted an eye at what she did. She won, and gave them a clear choice. They decided to die. The cheesiest part of it was that Tyrion seemed so upset about it. I think it is all just there to serve as a way for there to be a rift caused between Dany and Jon/the North. They want to portray her as a "mad queen" who just burns people alive, so that she can redeem herself later by saving someone and/or a group of people. Just my two cents....
canadiaggie
AG
aTmAg said:

Question:

The show is making that out to be a big deal, but in the grand scheme of things (like in Earth's history) executing guys like that wouldn't have been. There are plenty of cases of a winning army wiping out every man, woman, and child within a losing city.
No, it's absolutely the norm.

That's exactly the problem. Daenerys claims to be better than the norm.
Sex Panther
AG
double aught said:

Memory may be failing me, but does anyone (aside from Cersei) even know that Jaime pushed Bran out the window? Bran himself couldn't remember what happened when he awoke, but presumably he could use some of his Three Eyed Raven nonsense to learn the truth.

Think Tyrion pretty much figured it out
agrams
AG
that is an interesting thought. Would Bran even care enough as the 3ER to look in to incident to know it was Jaime? Bran was waiting for Jaime, but not because of Jaime pushing him out the window, but because Jaime has a bigger role to play for the 3ER.
gigemJTH12
AG
Sex Panther said:

double aught said:

Catelyn stark(sp?) knew too iirc
double aught
AG
But no one currently at Winterfell, including presumably Bran.
aTmAg
AG
clinker03 said:

Not sure about the books, but the way they are using it as a plot device in the show bugs me. In earlier seasons no one would have batted an eye at what she did. She won, and gave them a clear choice. They decided to die. The cheesiest part of it was that Tyrion seemed so upset about it. I think it is all just there to serve as a way for there to be a rift caused between Dany and Jon/the North. They want to portray her as a "mad queen" who just burns people alive, so that she can redeem herself later by saving someone and/or a group of people. Just my two cents....
I agree. I'm getting the same vibe.
Liquid Wrench
aTmAg said:

Question:

I guess burning them alive is supposed to be seen as cruel and too close to her father.

Of course, some of the Northern lords went along with the cruel Boltons, so consistency isn't really the issue here, it's more personal.
gigemJTH12
AG
I would be shocked if Bran doesn't know.

But good point...there's a chance maybe no one else knows.

If anyone I would say Brienne was told by Catelyn, but I doubt she would have ever befriended Jamie if she knew that
StringerBell
AG
clinker03 said:

yall are way smarter than i am but your use of the phrase mad queen is interesting to me.

wonder if they're setting her up to be the foil to what happened to aerys
G Martin 87
AG
canadiaggie said:

aTmAg said:

Question:

Yep. She repeatedly claims that her goal is to "break the wheel", but she's proving herself to just be "more of the same." Moreover, she has the Mad King's reputation to overcome. Every time she has a chance to show mercy, her actions will be scrutinized more closely than they would be otherwise. Burning the Tarlys is a red flag.
hunter2012
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Sex Panther said:

double aught said:

Catelyn stark(sp?) knew too iirc

I think ya'll are confusing the push with the knife assassin sent by Joffrey. Everyone was forced to assume that he slipped and fell. Tyrion in the books figured out that Joffrey sent the knife just before the purple wedding. Catelyn died thinking Tyrion sent the knife.
Luke Smith
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
clinker03 said:

The only person it truly matter to was Sam. he DID care ( most of even the other Stark Banner-men probably don't) Because Sam cares, Jon will care. That is all that matters.
gigemJTH12
AG
Oh okay. I could have sworn Cat knew while she had Jamie prisoner
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Luke Smith said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Bran should have Darth Maul legs.
aTmAg
AG
canadiaggie said:

aTmAg said:

Question:

The reason it was the norm was because there have been plenty of cases in which the winner was lenient just to have the loser come back in 20 years and kill far more people. It was about pragmatism not about being "better" or "worse".

It's the same sort of reason why executions were extremely painful back in those days compared to now. Back when you had a 1/100 chance of catching a murderer, they had to make the punishment for murder REALLY BAD so that it deterred future murders. Now we have finger prints, DNA, cameras, etc. and the chance of getting caught is very high so we don't need to do that grisly stuff anymore. It's not that we are better, it's that we have better technology. If we didn't have that technology and tried to be "better" by being more lenient, then we'd find out the hard way why our ancestors did what they did.
aTmAg
AG
G Martin 87 said:

canadiaggie said:

aTmAg said:

Question:

Yep. She repeatedly claims that her goal is to "break the wheel", but she's proving herself to just be "more of the same." Moreover, she has the Mad King's reputation to overcome. Every time she has a chance to show mercy, her actions will be scrutinized more closely than they would be otherwise. Burning the Tarlys is a red flag.
The wheel consists of people like Cersie killing thousands of innocent people for her own personal gain or the Mad King burning people alive for his own amusement. That is nothing compared to what Dany did to the Tarlys.
Phrasing
AG
Agree. She was lenient in offering them a choice. Cersei or the Mad King would have either burned them alive on the spot or burned them alive right after they bent the knee just for fun.

Sam can definitely feel remorse and sadness for his dead family, but it's not like she did it without offering them a way out.
wangus12
AG
SWCBonfire said:

AgLaw said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

That is a cropped photo. Here is the full one. No Hound, Cersei or Missandei. Its from an Esquire article where he talks about his behind the scenes photo collection

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a27021012/kit-harington-game-of-thrones-season-8-interview-2019/

Here is what Kit said about the photo.

Quote:

We took this this season. I can't remember what we were there for, whether it was a photo shoot or a costume thing, but it struck all of us that it was so rare that this many people were in one place at one time. So we were like, "Right. We need a family photo."

This is obviously just a snippet of people who were on Thrones. I'd love to get a massive group of everyone who was on Thrones in one big photo. This is just what we ended up with, kind of the core group of us, minus for some reason Lena [Headey, who plays Cersei Lannister]. I don't know why she's not there. But it's a really happy photo. I remember diving into the middle of it, trying to be center. The photo cuts a bit through all the shiny little faces we have to pull on press tours, and the people we are when we're all dolled up for a premiere or a talk show or what have you. When we get on set together, a group like this, we're ****ing goofy and we play around. And I think you can tell from this photo how much everyone loves each other.

I haven't got any little sisters or little brothers. I've got one older brother. But I guess if I were to say, "What's the closest thing I have to a younger sibling?" it would be Isaac, Maisie, and Sophie, just from a shared experience. I mean, it's a weird thing seeing someone like Sophie grow from thirteen, fourteenI can't remember how old she was when she started the showto now, when she's twenty-three years old and engaged. To see them all grow from little kids who'd come and badger me, Alfie, and Richard when we were smokingthey'd come and tell us not to smoke. Then, as the years went by, I caught Sophie or Maisie having a cigarette at fifteen years old, and I'm like, "Ah, I see!"
BenFiasco14
AG
Luke Smith said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Who is the far left woman? The karstark heir??
FTA03
AG
Jaime arrogantly confessed to pushing Bran out the window to Catlyn while he was captured. But he wouldn't tell her why. I think Rob mentions it too in front of several people while furious that she let Jaime go. Assuming it became common knowledge (in the North at least) after that.
Dr. Teeth
AG
What's troubling to Tyrion about it is that these noble ****heads have a code: the peons are expendable, but captured nobility are spared, sent to the Wall, farmed out to other families as wards (like Theon), or just sent home in disgrace, but not executed. Example: Jaime Lannister is still alive after being captured by the Starks.

To execute another defeated and/or captured noble is a sign of brutality... Aerys, Cersei, Joffrey...
gigemJTH12
AG
Who all listens to Oysters Clams and Cockles?

This is my first time. It's okay. But Ross doing long excerpts of quoting the characters in these weird voices is very annoying.
Phrasing
AG
That makes sense. Didn't think of it that way.

But wouldn't that In essence be breaking the wheel? She is doing things differently than all the other lords before her? She offers everyone the same choice regardless of social standing and no one is given more or less rights just because of their birth.
Phrasing
AG
I listen to it often, but I started right from the beginning and am used to their style. It's entertaining to me but I look elsewhere for in-depth analysis (here mostly actually).

Ross can go fast though and blow through important topics that I wish they would discuss. And he often gets confused and will go an entire segment saying the wrong name. That's why they allow call ins to do corrections for stuff they missed or messed up on.

Other than that though I like it and have gotten some interesting facts about the show, actors and behind the scenes stuff that I never would have known. They also have some good social media content that is funny. But yes, it's not for everyone.
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.