****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,354 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My take.

I was a bit disappointed that rescuing Asha/Yara was so easy. I honestly thought that would take several episodes to get to that and Theon would die in the process, Euron as well. Then Asha/Yara would sail the Iron Fleet to support Dany/Jon. I guess Euron could still go pirate mode and hunt them down out of spite to ensure that showdown.

Tensions being built between Dany and the rest are obviously deliberate. For the first time I think Tyrion's loyalty really is in play. Seems there will be a betrayal. And Tyrion strongly warned her against executing the Tarly's.

Agree with MuckRaker that the dragons should be reigning fire on the WW army but this is tv not the Allies in WWII.

Most of the character interactions, sans Jon and Dany, seem forced and choppy but I guess that is to be expected with nearly the entire cast in one place.

I honestly had a feeling that Bronn, being a fan favorite, wouldn't be left to sit around KL waiting for the aftermath of the war against the dead. I thought Qyburn giving him the crossbow that slew Tywin to take north to kill the Lannister brothers was just awkward and cheesy as hell, but I guess they needed a vehicle to get Bronn in the mix and that was it. Bronn aint going on a suicide mission he's going to switch sides.

All in all a bridge episode.
BCG Disciple
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Anyone else sick of the young Mormont girl? She crossed over to super annoying and she is terrible to look at.

Terrible to look at? You like your 10 year olds to make your pants fit tighter than she is able to get them?
A1_Ag_95
AG
Np
Southlake
I thought Brans comment, about "almost" being a man simply meant he was still bitter about being a cripple.

So I have to laugh: Is this the part of the new season comments where the same jerks try to assert themselves as being the best GOT experts by debasing other posters comments?
AggieTarheel
AG
This isn't a GoT forum. It's a TexAgs forum with a GoT thread.

...so, yes.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Southlake said:

I thought Brans comment, about "almost" being a man simply meant he was still bitter about being a cripple.

So I have to laugh: Is this the part of the new season comments where the same jerks try to assert themselves as being the best GOT experts by debasing other posters comments?

My take was that he was being sarcastic about being the three eyed raven and NOT a man. To Jon and most he appears to be a man but he's something else. So "almost".

Who knows.
Topher17
AG
claym711 said:

The Jon and Daeny relationship really doesn't click. Feels arbitrary and forced. And, the actors don't have good chemistry on screen.

Also, in my opinion, this show has never really been a love story or about love at all. Sure love has played a role in some cases, such as the murder of the Starks, but it hasn't been a main focus and I'm sure as hell not ready for that to be the case. I don't think they'll end up together, but if they do I'll be pretty unhappy.
I also don't want to waste any time this last season on stuff like that. Last night they used at least 5 minutes of screen time for them to fly around, look at a waterfall, and make out and the whole time I just didn't care at all. It did nothing to further the plot and just felt like wasted time to me other than making it known John can ride a dragon.
gigemJTH12
AG
BCG Disciple said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Anyone else sick of the young Mormont girl? She crossed over to super annoying and she is terrible to look at.

Terrible to look at? You like your 10 year olds to make your pants fit tighter than she is able to get them?

That is funny...Haha.

She just looks like an ugly little creature.
aTmAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

My take.

I was a bit disappointed that rescuing Asha/Yara was so easy. I honestly thought that would take several episodes to get to that and Theon would die in the process, Euron as well. Then Asha/Yara would sail the Iron Fleet to support Dany/Jon. I guess Euron could still go pirate mode and hunt them down out of spite to ensure that showdown.

Tensions being built between Dany and the rest are obviously deliberate. For the first time I think Tyrion's loyalty really is in play. Seems there will be a betrayal. And Tyrion strongly warned her against executing the Tarly's.

Agree with MuckRaker that the dragons should be reigning fire on the WW army but this is tv not the Allies in WWII.

Most of the character interactions, sans Jon and Dany, seem forced and choppy but I guess that is to be expected with nearly the entire cast in one place.

I honestly had a feeling that Bronn, being a fan favorite, wouldn't be left to sit around KL waiting for the aftermath of the war against the dead. I thought Qyburn giving him the crossbow that slew Tywin to take north to kill the Lannister brothers was just awkward and cheesy as hell, but I guess they needed a vehicle to get Bronn in the mix and that was it. Bronn aint going on a suicide mission he's going to switch sides.

All in all a bridge episode.
I figured Yara would be in a Kings Landing dungeon. Didn't he hand Yara over to the Queen last season?

Edit: I guess the answer is "clearly he didn't". But I guess I should ask, "wouldn't he have?" Why drag her around on boat all the time? That seems like a PITA.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
We shall see what Bran thinks of being a cripple when he confronts Jaime. If he is bitter jaime is dead, if not Jaime lives even if dany wants him dead, all the starks and tyrion will side with Bran.
aTmAg
AG
Bran seems so unemotional that I do not think that confrontation will be dramatic as the cliff hanger would imply. I imagine Bran will merely tell Jamie that he will have to face "trial" for his crimes which is what the episode 2 teaser showed.
Max Power
AG
If I gotta call my shot after that episode...

Jon dies in battle, perhaps killing the night king. Dany dies in childbirth. Sansa basically becomes queen mother taking care of their kid till it's time for it to rule. Either Tyrion continues to be hand of the queen to Sansa, or potentially husband. Sansa is on the throne.
Urban Ag
AG
Euron handed Cersei the Sand Snakes as they were the ones that murdered her daughter the season before. That was personal and meant to gain favor with Cersei (and get in her pants). Yara is no one to Cersie but very personal to Euron.

Regardless, I honestly thought that arc would stand by itself to the side and be settled outside the war against the dead and the final outcome in KL. I was wrong.
Urban Ag
AG
Sarduakar said:

We shall see what Bran thinks of being a cripple when he confronts Jaime. If he is bitter jaime is dead, if not Jaime lives even if dany wants him dead, all the starks and tyrion will side with Bran.
We know there is no way Jamie goes north only to sit before some makeshift tribunal and get killed. Plus Jamie is seen in some of teaser footage at night at the Battle of Winterfell.

Bran is completely without emotion now and almost assuredly going to state that Jamie did what he did to keep Robert from killing Joffrey/Myrcella/Tommen. He'll also state that Jamie has changed and kept his oath to his mother. Brienne will probably chime in. And Jamie will likely also tell Dany he killed her father to save a million innocents in KL.

Not Jamie's time to die, not yet.
Prime0882
AG
Anyone else think the dialogue continues to go downhill since they left the source material behind?
Texas_Aggie91
AG
No, he only handed over Ellaria Sand and her daughter to Cersei

Edit: didn't refresh before posting. Already answered.
aTmAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

Euron handed Cersei the Sand Snakes as they were the ones that murdered her daughter the season before. That was personal and meant to gain favor with Cersei (and get in her pants). Yara is no one to Cersie but very personal to Euron.

Regardless, I honestly thought that arc would stand by itself to the side and be settled outside the war against the dead and the final outcome in KL. I was wrong.
Hmm... I find that weird. And I agree, it seemed way too easy to rescue her.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Jamie trial
Imprisoned
Then let free at battle of winterfell, fight with us and I'll give you a pardon blah blah
Dies saving a stark in redemption for first episode shove heard around the incest world
Sex Panther
AG
Quote:

Bran is completely without emotion now and almost assuredly going to state that Jamie did what he did to keep Robert from killing Joffrey/Myrcella/Tommen. He'll also state that Jamie has changed and kept his oath to his mother
Trident 88
AG
Bran has reached some sort of 3-eyed raven zen state and is beyond caring about the fact he's physically paralyzed. I'm not even sure he's capable of personal feelings anymore. At least, that's how the actor is playing him.

In fact, Bran will probably end up saying something next week that will keep Jaime from being jailed and/or put to death by everyone else who will demand revenge. Of course, he won't do it to save Jaime, because he doesn't care about him personally. It will simply be because Jaime has some kind of important role to play in the upcoming battle.

ETA: echoing what Urban Ag said above. Just a little slower in my reply.
Icecream_Ag
S
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Jamie trial
Imprisoned
Then let free at battle of winterfell, fight with us and I'll give you a pardon blah blah
Dies saving a stark in redemption for first episode shove heard around the incest world
So imprisoned for maybe half an episode????
aTmAg
AG
Trident 88 said:

Bran has reached some sort of 3-eyed raven zen state and is beyond caring about the fact he's physically paralyzed. I'm not even sure he's capable of personal feelings anymore. At least, that's how the actor is playing him.

In fact, Bran will probably end up saying something next week that will keep Jaime from being jailed and/or put to death by everyone else who will demand revenge. Of course, he won't do it to save Jaime, because he doesn't care about him personally. It will simply be because Jaime has some kind of important role to play in the upcoming battle.
Agreed.
Stive
AG
After last night I'm 75% sure that Theon dies in some redemptive way at Winterfell (probably savings Stark kid). Him leaving Yara that way seemed pretty transparent. I think Euron might make it out alive too. I don't think all of the "bad guys" will die before the season is done and I think he's one of the ones still standing.
canadiaggie
AG
JRC0811 said:

Anyone else think the dialogue continues to go downhill since they left the source material behind?
There are moments, but there are also some nice gems. This episode wasn't thrilling but it did feature a bunch of excellent lines, like Daenerys mirroring Ygritte, Varys' "respect-young people-nothing lasts" lines, Bran "I'm waiting for an old friend" and pretty much everything that came out of Sam's mouth
redline248
AG
wangus12 said:

Its probably just a spear. She's small with a short reach. A spear helps give her more reach to strike at opponents, WW or otherwise
I don't know why she'd have to ask if Gendry could make spear. He'd be all "uh, yeah you just attach the blade to a pole." Must be something more unique
redline248
AG
Sex Panther said:

Quote:

Bran is completely without emotion now and almost assuredly going to state that Jamie did what he did to keep Robert from killing Joffrey/Myrcella/Tommen. He'll also state that Jamie has changed and kept his oath to his mother

Jaime didn't push Bran out of any concern for those kids. He did it solely to keep his and Cersei's relationship secret. He was completely selfish at that point in his life.

edit: Bran was instrumental in getting rid of Littlefinger. Jaime better hope he doesn't hold a grudge.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Topher17 said:

claym711 said:

The Jon and Daeny relationship really doesn't click. Feels arbitrary and forced. And, the actors don't have good chemistry on screen.

Also, in my opinion, this show has never really been a love story or about love at all. Sure love has played a role in some cases, such as the murder of the Starks, but it hasn't been a main focus and I'm sure as hell not ready for that to be the case. I don't think they'll end up together, but if they do I'll be pretty unhappy.
I also don't want to waste any time this last season on stuff like that. Last night they used at least 5 minutes of screen time for them to fly around, look at a waterfall, and make out and the whole time I just didn't care at all. It did nothing to further the plot and just felt like wasted time to me other than making it known John can ride a dragon.

I think you can safely assume they won't end up together - for the very reason that they are pretty obviously setting it up that they WILL end up together and rule as some benevolent super couple (Davos saying a just man and woman to rule together or whatever).

THIS is GOT....things never turn out like planned and there are no happy endings. I'm not sure anyone is allowed to be truly happy - I can only think of a few and those never lasted long:

Jon and Ygritte - FU Olly!!!!
Rhaegar and Lyanna I suppose - but they both died soon after.
Tyrion and Shae - also short lived thanks to Tywin
Robb and Talisa - well they got married but....
Trystane and Myrcella - young love for sure, and someone ruined it
Dany and Drogo or Dany and Daario - neither lasted long
Tywin and Joanna - but she died young

There were a couple of relationships that looked like they were happy and long lasting until this war started and then they ended badly for all involved.
Ned and Catelyn - even there she was always a little bitter about his *******.
Oberyn and Ellaria - very passionate and indulgent but seemed perfect for each other

We have a couple for minor characters that are going ok for now
Sam and Gilly
Greyworm and Missande

Every other relationship is either twisted, arranged, unhappy, or creepy, or simply unrequited.

Cersei - creepy with Jamie, creepy with Lloras, hate filled with Robert, and never going anywhere with Lancel, and now simply screwing Euron for ships and army and because she is mad at Jamie.
Sansa - forced with Tyrion, creepy with Littlefinger, sadistic with Joffrey, and sadistic with Ramsay
Stannis - loveless marriage with Selyse and then weird and unnatural with Melisandre ending with killing a kid and his death
Littlefinger - creeps on Catelyn, then creeps on Sansa, end poorly with Lysa flying,
Margaery - power play game with Renly and she tolerates his gay for her gain, and with both Joffrey and Tommen - arranged and just a power play game, all end up dead
Ramsay and Myranda - creepy as F they enjoyed being sadists together for sure - ended poorly for them
Craster and his daughters - nuff said
Walder Frey and his child brides - nuff said
Renly and Loras - was never going to be allowed to happen, and destined to end poorly

Jamie and Brienne - never happens
Bronn and Lady whatever her name was - never had a chance
Tormund and Brienne - never happens
Robert and Lyanna - never happens
Jorah and Dany - one way only
SWCBonfire
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

You serious, Clark? She probably would have just been a bit character if she wasn't really good. Instead, I bet her role expanded.
aTmAg
AG
BTW, anybody else notice how long Jamie's hair was? To me that implies he's been traveling a long time and that the WWs should have been in Winterfell a long time ago.
redline248
AG
I get the sense that viewers like Jon so much that anytime another character questions him it turns those characters in a bad light for the viewers. Sansa and little Lady Mormont are getting the same treatment in this thread right now

gigemJTH12
AG
SWCBonfire said:

gigemJTH12 said:

You serious, Clark? She probably would have just been a bit character if she wasn't really good. Instead, I bet her role expanded.

Terrible use of You Serious Clark, btw

But he's im serious. She's annoying AF.
Urban Ag
AG
redline248 said:

I get the sense that viewers like Jon so much that anytime another character questions him it turns those characters in a bad light for the viewers. Sansa and little Lady Mormont are getting the same treatment in this thread right now

I like the character but I find him much less compelling than several others. That said, my annoyance is not because I think Jon can do no wrong it's because everyone at Winterfell is literally staring down genocide and they're bickering about titles and who bends the knee to whom. They're literally all going to likely die unless they throw in their support to the chic with the biggest army and two dragons.

That said, it would also be too easy if everyone just played nice and went in to A-team mode.
Topher17
AG
redline248 said:

I absolutely loved John my first time watching the show. I rewatched prior to this season starting and I realized how inept John is in so many situations to where I tend to side with those questioning him. For example, I thought Sansa was awesome last night.
MW03
AG
Best acting award for SE8 EP1 goes to Samewell Tarley. Big fan of how he played the scene in the library learning his dad was dead compared to his brother being dead.
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.