****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,054,410 Views | 14590 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Brian Earl Spilner
aggie-master
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dahouse said:

I'm cooking GoT themed stuff for Sunday. Smoked turkey legs, rotisserie chicken, sausage (Theon), and "bread with salt" (bread with seasoned olive oil dip)

I'd like to find a neat mug to drink out of or a wine decanter like Tyrion uses.
Make some people pie. I don't mean to use actual human body parts but make it look like some fake edible fingers are in it.
Champ Bailey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggie-master said:

dahouse said:

I'm cooking GoT themed stuff for Sunday. Smoked turkey legs, rotisserie chicken, sausage (Theon), and "bread with salt" (bread with seasoned olive oil dip)

I'd like to find a neat mug to drink out of or a wine decanter like Tyrion uses.
Make some people pie. I don't mean to use actual human body parts but make it look like some fake edible fingers are in it.


Pretty easy to do with hot dogs. Your pie might not be the best, though.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello Game of Game of Throne players. Now that we're almost to the beginning just wanted to remind you I'll be updating the spreadsheet after every episode for whatever happens on that episode.

Small rule change: After running some numbers, I've bumped the scoring to getting a character living or dying correctly is now worth 3 points instead of just 1. I realized someone could get all 39 character fates right and still very easily not win the overall contest and that made no sense.

Will generally the spreadsheet updated and will post a leaderboard here either late Sunday or early Monday. Thanks again for playing.
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for putting this together. Should make for some great fun. Can you post the link to the spreadsheet again? I'll bookmark it this time. I can't seem to find it in the thread.
AgStuckinLBK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggie-master said:

dahouse said:

I'm cooking GoT themed stuff for Sunday. Smoked turkey legs, rotisserie chicken, sausage (Theon), and "bread with salt" (bread with seasoned olive oil dip)

I'd like to find a neat mug to drink out of or a wine decanter like Tyrion uses.
Make some people pie. I don't mean to use actual human body parts but make it look like some fake edible fingers are in it.


Hot Pie references how to make a good meat pie. You think Arya did that recipe when she baked the Freys.
Phrasing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

aggie-master said:

dahouse said:

I'm cooking GoT themed stuff for Sunday. Smoked turkey legs, rotisserie chicken, sausage (Theon), and "bread with salt" (bread with seasoned olive oil dip)

I'd like to find a neat mug to drink out of or a wine decanter like Tyrion uses.
Make some people pie. I don't mean to use actual human body parts but make it look like some fake edible fingers are in it.


Hot Pie references how to make a good meat pie. You think Arya did that recipe when she baked the Freys.


First you brown the butter.......
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dahouse said:

I'm cooking GoT themed stuff for Sunday. Smoked turkey legs, rotisserie chicken, sausage (Theon), and "bread with salt" (bread with seasoned olive oil dip)

I'd like to find a neat mug to drink out of or a wine decanter like Tyrion uses.

MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Thanks for putting this together. Should make for some great fun. Can you post the link to the spreadsheet again? I'll bookmark it this time. I can't seem to find it in the thread.
Game of Game of Thrones: The Bracket
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
clinker03 said:

AgStuckinLBK said:

aggie-master said:

dahouse said:

I'm cooking GoT themed stuff for Sunday. Smoked turkey legs, rotisserie chicken, sausage (Theon), and "bread with salt" (bread with seasoned olive oil dip)

I'd like to find a neat mug to drink out of or a wine decanter like Tyrion uses.
Make some people pie. I don't mean to use actual human body parts but make it look like some fake edible fingers are in it.


Hot Pie references how to make a good meat pie. You think Arya did that recipe when she baked the Freys.


First you brown the butter.......


You cannot give up on the gravy. No gravy, no pie.
Social Media Influencer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are those cellos or basses after the one minute mark?

Phrasing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not positive, but would guess they are basses being played with a bow. Sounds pretty deep and not sure a cello and get down that far, but I'm no orchestral expert.

My wife and I went to the Ramin Djawadi Game of Thrones concert when it came to Houston a couple years ago. It was right after Season 6 I believe. Really, really good show. If the tour is still going I highly recommend seeing it.

Edit: Just checked the website and it looks like they did a 2018 tour and they are not currently doing shows. I would bet that they start a new 2019 one after Season 8 ends.
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A little behind on my re-watch but just powered through The Door and have BOTB on deck. After a second viewing, there's LOTS of suggestions and blatantly obvious actions by Sansa that suggest she'll call on LF to bring the Knights of the Vale to Jon's aid.

Now, does she do it in a deceitful way in order to make sure the majority of the casualties are wildlings? I don't know, maybe? But the first time I watched it, I was completely caught off guard when she showed up with LF, but on the re-watch, I realize I simply missed a lot of obvious signs.


Also... does young Hodor look like he is trying to hold something back while he's on the ground? My roommate suggested that he was mimicking the motions grown-up Hodor was doing to hold the door closed. The 3ER clearly takes Bran to that point in history with the intention of forcing him to corrupt Hodor's mind as a lesson to what happens when you interfere with the past. Right? The NK touched Bran, Bran freaks out, the 3ER says "it is time for you to become me" which I thought was the whole *downloading* thing, but as the WWs are entering the cave and killing the CotF, the 3ER has Bran back at old Winterfell for no reason at all other than to intentionally corrupt Hodor. The 3ER KNEW he would eventually have to teach Bran that lesson, but was trying to put it off for as long as he could and he could no longer put it off now that the WWs were about to kill him.
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke Smith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the new songs off the album

MonkeyKnifeFighter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think they're cellos. It's directly in line with the low end of their range (audio reference). And it's hard to get that aggressive of an attack out of a bigger instrument like the double bass (same reason why aggressive symphonic pedal tones are played by bass trombones rather than tuba/euphonium, easier to get the growly blare with a smaller instrument).
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really hate the beginning of that song. Style seems more fitting for a James Bond movie than GoT, though.
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke Smith said:

One of the new songs off the album




Yeah, this better not appear in the show. Talk about killing the immersion...
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just re-watched The Battle of the *******s, maybe my favorite episode of tv ever, it's so good.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Max Power said:

Just re-watched The Battle of the *******s, maybe my favorite episode of tv ever, it's so good.
I prefer Hardhome.

In BotB. Jon showed he was a ****ty leader and his army almost got destroyed.

He gets lucky they are saved so he can have a badass final showdown with Ramsey, but if Sansa ex machina had not shown up.... He would be a double zombie.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

Max Power said:

Just re-watched The Battle of the *******s, maybe my favorite episode of tv ever, it's so good.
I prefer Hardhome.

In BotB. Jon showed he was a ****ty leader and his army almost got destroyed.

He gets lucky they are saved so he can have a badass final showdown with Ramsey, but if Sansa ex machina had not shown up.... He would be a double zombie.


I'm offended!!!!!!

Grrrrrr.

(but yeah.......you're not wrong.... but i KNEW something would save the day it always does for the good guys. my role is kinda to just forge straight ahead into things...i'm a literary battering ram.)
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mean, is it really his fault his sister hid a secret army from him?
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yeah it's HER fault.

FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This guy is the best

C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She must also be behind your ****ty wight rescue strategy....

you know nothing of strategy, Zombie Jon Snow.
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:


Sansa ex machina

Social Media Influencer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got home in time to catch the end of The Gift. "Look at my face, it's the last thing you'll see before you die" is probably the only time in the series I feel a little sense of rooting for Cersei.

And noooowwwww....HARDOME.
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sansa was right to keep Jon out of the loop on the knights of the vale. He has to be bailed out of every situation. If he had the vale with him he'd screw it up somehow and Ramsey would have better planned. Jon is terrible. Noble as s***, but terrible.
Icecream_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
chipotle said:

Sansa was right to keep Jon out of the loop on the knights of the vale. He has to be bailed out of every situation. If he had the vale with him he'd screw it up somehow and Ramsey would have better planned. Jon is terrible. Noble as s***, but terrible.
Jon is great in the fight, but he can't plan for *****
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Social Media Influencer said:

Just got home in time to catch the end of The Gift. "Look at my face, it's the last thing you'll see before you die" is probably the only time in the series I feel a little sense of rooting for Cersei.

And noooowwwww....HARDOME.
just skip that one.

one of the worst episodes of that season.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

chipotle said:

Sansa was right to keep Jon out of the loop on the knights of the vale. He has to be bailed out of every situation. If he had the vale with him he'd screw it up somehow and Ramsey would have better planned. Jon is terrible. Noble as s***, but terrible.
Jon is great in the fight, but he can't plan for *****


It's not so much that his plan is bad, it's that he lets emotion drive him too much and he throws his plan out the window.

Edit: didn't he lead the defense of the wall against the wildlings?
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redline248 said:

Icecream_Ag said:

chipotle said:

Sansa was right to keep Jon out of the loop on the knights of the vale. He has to be bailed out of every situation. If he had the vale with him he'd screw it up somehow and Ramsey would have better planned. Jon is terrible. Noble as s***, but terrible.
Jon is great in the fight, but he can't plan for *****


It's not so much that his plan is bad, it's that he lets emotion drive him too much and he throws his plan out the window.

Edit: didn't he lead the defense of the wall against the wildlings?


And Stannis saved his butt there too.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, that was more of a numbers issue. His plan for defending was solid.
Social Media Influencer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mother's Mercy is on now. I really wish I didn't know that they used a body double for Lena.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Social Media Influencer said:

Mother's Mercy is on now. I really wish I didn't know that they used a body double for Lena.
maybe you stay off of social media, then.
Page 69 of 417
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.