****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,051,800 Views | 14590 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aTmAg said:


I meant timing wise. They would basically have to have a Battlestar Galactica-esq forward jump in time. And you can't do that right in the middle of the fighting. That's what people have been waiting 7 seasons to see. So since the NK is on the march now, they would have to win that war, THEN jump in time, and then fight Cersie (assuming she would wait for 9 months).
There does not have to be any birth. They could just indicate that she is pregnant. Seeing an actual child is ont relevant to the story or its resolution.

At best, we probably have 3 months left of real time to the story, assuming E01 starts with them arriving back at Winterfell.
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

aTmAg said:


I meant timing wise. They would basically have to have a Battlestar Galactica-esq forward jump in time. And you can't do that right in the middle of the fighting. That's what people have been waiting 7 seasons to see. So since the NK is on the march now, they would have to win that war, THEN jump in time, and then fight Cersie (assuming she would wait for 9 months).
There does not have to be any birth. They could just indicate that she is pregnant. Seeing an actual child is ont relevant to the story or its resolution.

At best, we probably have 3 months left of real time to the story, assuming E01 starts with them arriving back at Winterfell.
I'm talking about the time she spends being pregnant. She going to ride a dragon burning up wights while being 8 months pregnant? I would think not. And if Robert's rebellion lasted over a year (thanks Google), then surely a war against the white walkers would last way longer than 3 months (unless the living get wiped out fast).

This is one thing that worried me about only 6 (or 7) episodes for the entire war (2 actually if you count Cersie afterwards). There is just too much stuff to squish into such a small period of time. I'm hoping they pull it off, but I'm worried nevertheless.
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You keep mentioning The Wire....

How much was hidden in the Wire that shows up in repeat viewings?
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As I theorized, there is likely 3 maybe 4 months of "real time" left in the show, assuming no epilogue, so put her at 4 months by episode 6.

We have X amount of time until Battle of Winterfell. That is episode 3. If they defeat the NK there, then it the trudge down to KL and deal with Cersei. another month or 2. Once at KL, the battle should be quick since her team will be rested and waiting. End story..

If the NK wins, they beat a hasty retreat to KL. Likely have some sort of big battle vs NK outside the city gates, Cersei inside laughing her ass off,. Once the NK is eliminated, then the battle of KL, against an army that is rested and waiting. Quick resolution. Alternative is KL team comes out to help JS after turning on Cersei. Once battle is over, they deal with Cersei., End of story.

Regardless, back to the prophecies, at the end of the day, they are absolutely irrelevant to wrapping up the story as told on TV. They might be fun Easter Eggs if they come into play, but not a single one needs to be referenced or addressed to close out the show.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regarding showing something and expecting the audience to remember it later...

They just put the old scene in the "previously on" part before the title sequence. They've done this plenty of times.

So, if they haven't shown it already, they probably ain't doing it now
Social Media Influencer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They can always do a Star Wars crawl to catch us up on everything that's happened since August 2017 and then jump ahead to join in progress.
DSAg44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any online dead pools?
Olsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GoT album drops on April 26th! I recognize over a handful of musicians on here!

aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

As I theorized, there is likely 3 maybe 4 months of "real time" left in the show, assuming no epilogue, so put her at 4 months by episode 6.

We have X amount of time until Battle of Winterfell. That is episode 3. If they defeat the NK there, then it the trudge down to KL and deal with Cersei. another month or 2. Once at KL, the battle should be quick since her team will be rested and waiting. End story..

If the NK wins, they beat a hasty retreat to KL. Likely have some sort of big battle vs NK outside the city gates, Cersei inside laughing her ass off,. Once the NK is eliminated, then the battle of KL, against an army that is rested and waiting. Quick resolution. Alternative is KL team comes out to help JS after turning on Cersei. Once battle is over, they deal with Cersei., End of story.

Regardless, back to the prophecies, at the end of the day, they are absolutely irrelevant to wrapping up the story as told on TV. They might be fun Easter Eggs if they come into play, but not a single one needs to be referenced or addressed to close out the show.
If she is 4 months by episode 6, then why bother at all? I'd blow it off.
Olsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Garbagio.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DSAg44 said:

Any online dead pools?


You are two weeks to late. Search back 10 or so pages
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Speaking of bleeding atars ...

What the **** happened to the red comet?
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mean. It's a comet. Why would it still be around???
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Geez the prophecy talk is sucking the life out of the thread.


On a separate note, I'm REALLY hoping we get a funny (or multiple funnies) exchange between Arya and The Hound. Some of these reunions have awesome potential.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was thinking earlier about how the show would even get more detailed on the Azor Ahai prophesy. Melisandre told Varys that she had to die in Westeros, so she'll be back at some point. Where did she go after Jon came to Dragonstone?

Now, I still believe firmly that there is a really low chance of any more prophesy talk in the show, but they won't just have Mel show up for a brief scene in which Arya or Gendry kills her, right?
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stive said:

Geez the prophecy talk is sucking the life out of the thread.


On a separate note, I'm REALLY hoping we get a funny (or multiple funnies) exchange between Arya and The Hound. Some of these reunions have awesome potential.
see that "X" in the upper right corner?
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mean. It's a comet. Why would it still be around???
well, winters hang around for years, as do other seasons. maybe it goes lock/step with Planetos for part of its orbit
kind of like in Pitch Black.
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm on my phone....so no.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stive said:

I'm on my phone....so no.
you can view the site in desktop mode, and it will work for you that way.

you are welcome.
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But I don't want to....
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:


that's great. What an amazing cast.
Whatever it takes
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I had this thought today about how episode 1 will roll out.

And I really doubt this happens but we know we'll see Jamie on the King's Road headed to Winterfell, even if just a very short scene. And he may not make it all the way to Winterfell in ep1. If Jamie notices someone appears to be following him and decides to set some kind of ambush, fearing it may be thugs sent by Cersei to bring him back or kill him....and.......it turns out to be Bronn.....I might lose my sh**.


Jamie: ...Bronn?.....why?

Bronn: Why? Well....seems to me that every time you Lannister boys get yourself in to some deep sh**, I'm the one that bails your ass out. Hate to break tradition.

Jamie: But....but you have a castle, you have gold, more than you could have ever dreamed of...

Bronn: it's true, I do. Maybe I just grown tired of all these fancy folks?

Jamie:

Bronn: Never had many friends. If it's the end of the world, figure I might as well be there with the few that I got. Can't take all that gold with me. Plus the Imp owes me money.

Jamie: ..and a Lannister pays his debts...

Bronn: this they do ser......
Whatever it takes
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

In celebration of the final season of the critically-acclaimed HBO series, Game of Thrones, Johnnie Walker is proud to introduce White Walker by Johnnie Walker.

This new blend perfectly reminds Johnnie Walker and Game of Thrones fans alike that "Winter is Here." The limited edition bottle utilizes thermochromic ink to give fans a frosty surprise message when frozen. With flavor notes like caramelized sugar, vanilla, and fresh red berries, White Walker by Johnnie Walker makes for a delicious serve. The new blend is best served ice cold, inspired by the White Walkers beyond The Wall.




C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Hold the Door" cocktail.

Too soon.

Could have done this instead of "White Walker:.
Johnny WALLker
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man, I was excited to see 70+ new replies to this thread.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
congrats on adding another crappy one to the list.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's been 19.5 months since we've had new episodes to talk about....anything is fair game.

If you don't want to talk about theories, minutiae, promotional products, myths or predictions then you probably should have just tuned out until after the premiere.

ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying to remember back to the Season 7 finale. Was that on the Sunday night of Hurricane Harvey? I know I lost power or something during that Sundays episode and then didn't get to actually watch it for weeks until I was back in my house, but I can't remember if that was the finale or one of the earlier episodes.
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Trying to remember back to the Season 7 finale. Was that on the Sunday night of Hurricane Harvey? I know I lost power or something during that Sundays episode and then didn't get to actually watch it for weeks until I was back in my house, but I can't remember if that was the finale or one of the earlier episodes.
Correct. It was the exact day when the **** hit the fan.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Aug 27 2017 - yep Hurricane Harvey.

Technically made first landfall late on Aug 25th in Rockport Texas as I recall. But just stalled and hung out for days as a Tropical Storm. Sunday was when the **** really started to hit the fan from flooding as I recall. Anyway it was definitely that weekend.

Blanco Jimenez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now I'm wondering if I even saw that episode. Crap got so hairy here and we were without power for so long, I'm not sure I ever circled back. I guess its HBO Go tonight.
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fun little game I ran across. Print, fill it out, then look at it at the end of the season to see how well you did.


dahouse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm cooking GoT themed stuff for Sunday. Smoked turkey legs, rotisserie chicken, sausage (Theon), and "bread with salt" (bread with seasoned olive oil dip)

I'd like to find a neat mug to drink out of or a wine decanter like Tyrion uses.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Actually, thinking back I don't think I lost power then, just the world was ending outside so I was trying to help a neighbor or something. Never got back to it that night, didn't watch it the next day with the kids around, then we evacuated on Wednesday. My folks don't have HBO and I was too tired to watch it at night and I can't stream HBO go on our work WiFi during my lunch break. And I really didn't want to watch the episode on my phone.

I bet it was three weeks before we were back home and settled before I saw it.
Page 68 of 417
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.