****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,177 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
pb488
AG
missan-DAMN*
redline248
AG
pb488 said:

missan-DAMN*

Yep. Fine af
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Five days, y'all.
chipotle
Five days til Euron potentially puts a finger in Cersei's bum.
Prosperdick
AG
redline248 said:

pb488 said:

missan-DAMN*

Yep. Fine af
My personal favorite on the show, absolute stunner.
Prosperdick
AG
Finally got around to watching these cast remember videos and Iain Glen sounds nothing like Jorah. I always thought Jorah had the coolest voice and I'm glad Iain didn't use his normal accent, it would have been awful.
CFTXAG10
AG
chipotle said:

Five days til Euron potentially puts a finger in Cersei's bum.
A friend was telling me the other day that Euron was his least favorite character. I love the guy. His trolling of Jaime is the best.
redline248
AG
No kidding...highlight of those scenes
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Prosperdick said:

redline248 said:

pb488 said:

missan-DAMN*

Yep. Fine af
My personal favorite on the show, absolute stunner.
I was always a fan of Doreah
Phrasing
AG
Yes sir. Hard to choose, but she is up there for sure.

Was Doreah the one that ended up betraying Dany in Qarth? Or was that one of the other hand maidens and Doreah was just a casualty? Either way, RIP - we miss you.
redline248
AG
Doreah betrayed her and ended up locked in a vault. It was a sad episode.
aTmAg
AG
redline248 said:

Doreah betrayed her and ended up locked in a vault. It was a sad episode.
Her attempted excuse was hilarious: "Oh.. he told me you'd never leave the city alive" or something like that.
smokeythebear
AG
clinker03 said:

Yes sir. Hard to choose, but she is up there for sure.

Was Doreah the one that ended up betraying Dany in Qarth? Or was that one of the other hand maidens and Doreah was just a casualty? Either way, RIP - we miss you.
She's also the one that asked Viserys about the dragon skulls in the capital and accidentally says how sad that is that they are all dead.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sam is the best.

Sex Panther
AG
Pretty damn good

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
5 days 3 hours 26 mins.....

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good *****

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

It seems like a lot.....but it is possible and relates too......

I have my own convoluted and very elaborate prediction - based on nothing really except I have read and watched a lot of those other predictions. It's kinda pieces and parts from here and there. But it's just the only real way I've been able to make all of the pieces fit - Azor Ahai, Nissa Nissa, Lightbringer, the NK, the prophecy, etc.

I've actually always been in the Jon/Dany/Tyrion camp since Book 1 and S1.....you can search my posts. But now I don't think that's the case. I think they just kinda had to make it this far but you can't have all the underdogs win....right???? Like BB and The Americans ....there can be no happy ending here. Not really. Nothing that satisfies everyone and is true to the series and the Westeros reality (violence, death, etc.). It will be bittersweet as they keep alluding to.

My new theory is

- Jamie kills Cersei, fulfilling the prophecy, and becomes King the ultimate redemption for the faux King and Kingslayer. He ends up there by being a hero saving KL from Cersei, doing what he promised fighting for the living and perhaps leading that battle of Winterfell, betraying Cersei and fulfilling the Valonqar prophecy, etc. There is only one way I see Jamie becoming the King though that's if all if these are dead or out of the way namely Cersei Tyrion, Dany and Jon. All other contenders are really gone already.

So that leads to

- Tyrion betrays Dany and is killed and may learn he was a Targ after the fact and his loyalty to the Lannisters in the end cost him his life unnecessarily
- Dany is not Azor Ahai and dies along with her dragons battling the NK. We've never had any indication she is impervious to death just fire. She can die. Edit - OR she dies in childbirth like her mother and Jons.
- But the NK is defeated by Jon and then Jon becomes the new NK, NK was a Stark and has to be a Stark.

That only happens if Jon is Lightbringer which he may be i.e. not a sword but a person and a weapon in human form, well human zombie rising from the dead form,which means

- Rhaegar was Azor Ahai he was born in Summerhall on the night of the fire amidst smoke and salt
- Lyanna was Nissa Nissa the one who died in the creation of Lightbringer
- so Rhaegar created not a literal sword but by plunging his sword into Nissa Nissa, yeah you get it, he created Lightbringer namely Jon. He is the one who will kill the NK but in turn become the NK. It was Rhaegar's third attempt as the legend says and his third child the first 2 were killed.

PS this also means it never really mattered that he was or was not a ******* or true born or worthy of being a King. He has a different fate and has since birth. He came back from the dead because he had this role to play. So it does not matter if the truth is revealed to all. it's unnecessary for proving he is a worthy King because he is Lightbringer and that will be obvious.

Bran reveals a lot of this e.g. about Jon, about Tyrion, about the NK, etc.

Brienne ends up with Jamie as Queen. Perhaps. wow.

All the other sidekicks, I don't know they're sidekicks for a reason though a lot of them are going to die.

I don't have a particular theory about Sansa or Arya they'll play some roles and survive along with Bran so there will always be a Stark at Winterfell. On second thought Arya may die it may only be Sansa and Bran. I just don't have a good feeling about her.

I mean this wades deep into all the legends and prophecies. It could be all wrong of course maybe I've committed to those a but too much. But it fits the bittersweet ending they've talked about too.

I did pretty well on my long form True Detectives S3 prediction. And BB and The Americans. I did miss on LOST and Harry Potter many years ago and I still like my endings better.

Who knows..... all in good fun. Could be way off base and if it's not that or my original Jon/Dany/Tyrion then screw it I'm rooting for the NK.

Ol Jock 99
AG
One big problem is Jamie is riding the wrong direction.
bearamedic99
AG
Most of these are tedious and I can't finish. That one wasn't bad. I'd argue point 3 since Sam and Bran know that Jon is no *******.

How much credit do we give GRRM to all this symbolism in the first book? That's my take. Why can't a cigar just be a cigar sometimes?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

One big problem is Jamie is riding the wrong direction.

Yeah but they can time travel now or go really really fast as needed so....we have 6 episodes.....

Jamie goes north, battle the NK etc. at Winterfell, hops a jet back to KL in time to save it and kill Cersei then hops over to the island of Tarth to find and marry Brienne (you get the Pride and Prejudice moment where the hero walks up to the lady unexpectedly) and off on a romantic honeymoon in Essos no problem. Varys will make all the arrangements.

Ol Jock 99
AG
Fair point.
bearamedic99
AG
I'm cheering for Tormund who won't get a happy ending (if even alive) if Brienne ends up with Jamie.

I think most of your predictions sound good otherwise. I'm sort of hoping the Azor Ahai stuff won't be fulfilled since it is fire god religion stuff.

I don't think Tyrion will betray Dany in a big way, just in a way to try one last time to win some love from his sister who has always been a **** to him. His theme has always included trying to prove he is a Lanni and loyal to family

Arya- do we believe it is REALLY her and not a faceless man with her face?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I'm cheering for Tormund who won't get a happy ending (if even alive) if Brienne ends up with Jamie.

I think most of your predictions sound good otherwise. I'm sort of hoping the Azor Ahai stuff won't be fulfilled since it is fire god religion stuff.

I don't think Tyrion will betray Dany in a big way, just in a way to try one last time to win some love from his sister who has always been a **** to him. His theme has always included trying to prove he is a Lanni and loyal to family

I hear you on the Azor Ahai stuff a lot of the time I didn't care about it either and felt it was legend and fable. Not sure why I've bought into it now except as a all encompassing theory it helps tie up some loose ends and makes it work. But......

The thing about this prediction is the magic and all that can once again disappear for a long time - or forever maybe. Which I think is kinda necessary. I think it's the end of the magic era of you will.

If Dany and the Dragons die, and Jon ends up as NK and north of the wall in some settled peace with the humans in Westeros, and most of the witches, etc, are dead, and those that have risen from the dead are gone - it is sort of an end to that era and those will fade into legend in 100 years like they did before.

Arya - I believe it is her that came back from Essos - because what drove her was revenge on the Freys, etc. That doesn't mean it is always her or will always be her in S8 - a twist there would not be totally shocking in the end (and that's why I'm torn on her surviving or dying). As part of the end of the magic era I think she also would have to die. Right?

Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

Yes. Jaqen said as much when she left. It being a FLM would be a deus ex machina of the top order.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Solid.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You should really spoiler tag that if you're going to start talking about leaks.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gotcha, but it's probably better to flag the post and let staff handle it, cause if you point out a spoiler you're basically confirming it for everyone.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

<snipped>
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
tk for tu juan
Huge black blocks of text...time for me to step away from thread until Sunday
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.