****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,629 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
Urban Ag
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Yeah. We got a lot of posters on this thread right now that could f*** up a county fair.
Urban Ag
AG
C@LAg said:

Chipotlemonger said:

oh, look who is too high and mighty to share his Great Unified Walker/Wight Underwater Decompression and Tissue Decay theory with the rest of us.
<Raises hand>
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Everyone who has sent in their picks as of 5 AM today is on the spreadsheet, found here.

If you're not familiar with Google Drive, first of all, it's probably time for your pills at the old folks home, but there are two sheets. One has the multiple choice questions, the second has the death lists - some of which are so long I thought you had just copy/pasted the original list.

Feel free to check your picks and email me if I've messed anything up.
A couple of you didn't include your user name, so I used your first name and last initial.

Let's just say if Jon doesn't kill the NK and Jaime doesn't kill Cersei, we're going to have a lot of messy brackets.

And for everyone killing my boy Tormund, screw you.

If you missed the original post, here's what the game is and what it entails if you want to play.

Ok, here's the contest I mentioned earlier. Multiple choice questions are worth 10 points if you get them right. For all the characters, you're picking dead or alive. Each one you get right is worht 1 point. If you want, you can just send me your list of deads, should make it easier on me.

All picks are due March 17, 2019 by 11:59 p.m. CDT. That's 1 month before the show starts so hopefully spoilers will be minimal. If you miss the cutoff, too bad. If you feel like there's something wrong with a question, or I missed someone on the death pool or I messed up your picks, please email me. That will make things a lot simpler than going through the thread over and over. I'll post a big spreadsheet after everyone turns in picks and post the link here. Then update it every Monday during the season.

This is a game I play each year with a few friends. Not claiming it's the greatest thing around. You can take or leave as you like. And if the guy who used to bug me on how I ran the Survivor Pick'em a few years ago is reading this, for the love of God leave me alone.

The email address for your picks is: 4thethrone@protonmail.com.

Game of Game of Thrones: The Final Season

1) Who winds up sitting the Iron Throne at the end of the show ?
A) Dany B) Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen C) Cersei Lannister D) Somebody Else E) No one

2) Who kills Cersei?
A) Jaime B) Tyrion C) Qyburn/The Mountain D)A Wight/White Walker E) Arya Stark F) Somebody Else (human) G) Herself (or dies in childbirth) H) A dragon I) Nobody

3) Who kills the Night King?
A) Jon Snow B) Bran C) A dragon D) Someone else E) Nobody

4) Aejon Snowgaryen and Samwell Tarly are the only humans to have killed a White Walker in the show. What other HUMAN will kill a White Walker?
A) Bran B) Melisandre C) The Hound D) Jamie Lannister E) Arya Stark F) Brienne of ****ing Tarth G) Fill in your own choice here H) No other human kills one.

4) How many dragons are functional (living or undead but doing dragon stuff) at the end of the series?
A) 0 B) 1 C) 2

5) Is the Red Keep still standing at the end of the series?
A) Yes B) No

6) Is Winterfell still standing at the end of the series?
A) Yes B) No

7) Is Gendry going to hook up with Sansa at some point since he's the only person in her age range and honestly, hasn't she been through enough between Sweet Robin, Joffrey, Tyrion, Ramsay, and CreepyFinger?
A) Yes B) No

8) Do we see a wight version of Hodor?
A) Yes B) No C) Hodor

9) Are there any flashbacks during the season?
A) Yes B) No

10) Does the Hound kill the Mountain?
A) Yes B) No

Bonus Question worth zero points.
Is Bran going to do anything at all significant?
A) Yes B) No C) I don't care at this point.

MEGA-DEATH LIST - Send the names of everyone you think is going to die out of the following

Wildings/Wallings
Dolorous Edd Tollett
Tormund Giantsbane

Ice Pops
The Night King
Undead Viserion

Starks and Kind of Starks and Friends of Stark
Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen
Arya Stark
Sansa Stark
Brandon Stark
Davos Seaworth
Lyana Mormont
Brienne of Tarth
Podrick Payne in the Membrane
Gendry
Samwell Tarly
Gilly
Ghost
Nymeria
Yohn Royce
Maester Wolkan

Breaker of Chains and Friends
Danerys Targaryen
Missandei
Grey Worm
Varys
Drogon
Rhaegal
Jorah Mormont
Melisandre

Those Lovable Lannisters and Friends
Cersei Lannister
Tyrion Lannister
Jaime Lannister
Qyburn
The Mountain
Bronn
Harry Strickland - leader of the Gold Company, the sellswords Cersei mentions in Ep 7.10.

Oh boy, Greyjoys
Euron Greyjoy
Yara Grejoy
Little Theon Greyjoy

The Boba Fetts
Beric Dondarion
Sandor Clegane

Meanwhile, at the Eyrie
Sweet Robin Arryn
Marsh
AG
When Dany is in the house of the undying at the end of season 2, she walks through the burned down throne room of kings landing during winter. Seems pretty obvious to foreshadow that something is happening there this season and kings landing as a whole may not be there by seasons end. Working from an assumption that the castle and potentially all of kings landing will be destroyed by the end of the season :

Is it through dragon fire? I think all the seasons have led us to believe that Dany is unwilling to take power through killing the innocent. So, dragon fire destroying the throne room seems unlikely, unless the night king sends his dragon up there.

So, the only other choice would be the wildfire. Cersei, after the battle in episode 5, has lost. Knowing she has lost, she may actually accomplish something that the mad king only attempted to do; Cersei is going to burn down kings landing. Although it would be interesting if Jaime has the chance to kill her and is unable to (as a juxtaposition to killing his king to save the people vs not killing his sister and all the people dying), I think it blows up his entire arc if he has the chance to kill her and doesn't. So I don't think Jaime will be put in that position.

Potentially, there could be a showdown between tyrion and Cersei, after Cersei has lost. Tyrion, in a moment of famial weakness, decides not to kill her and tells her to run away and hide. Instead of running, she goes to the basement and triggers the wildfire and kills all of kings landing. I just don't know why Tyrion would ever be alone with Cersei again, without Jon or Dany, though. How could he ever be in a situation to spare her?

Final thought is that the vision Dany has is simply inconsistent writing between seasons and her vision means nothing. You can never tell with this show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Eas****ch
Seriously, staff.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Eas****ch
Seriously, staff.
had to spell it in my head twice

lol.....FFS

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Quote:

Meanwhile, at the Eyrie
Sweet Robin Arryn

Got a feeling this season Sweet Robin air-in out the moon door he'll be. No leads, just a feeling.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Crystal Blue Meth said:

When Dany is in the house of the undying at the end of season 2, she walks through the burned down throne room of kings landing during winter. Seems pretty obvious to foreshadow that something is happening there this season and kings landing as a whole may not be there by seasons end. Working from an assumption that the castle and potentially all of kings landing will be destroyed by the end of the season :

Is it through dragon fire? I think all the seasons have led us to believe that Dany is unwilling to take power through killing the innocent. So, dragon fire destroying the throne room seems unlikely, unless the night king sends his dragon up there.

So, the only other choice would be the wildfire. Cersei, after the battle in episode 5, has lost. Knowing she has lost, she may actually accomplish something that the mad king only attempted to do; Cersei is going to burn down kings landing. Although it would be interesting if Jaime has the chance to kill her and is unable to (as a juxtaposition to killing his king to save the people vs not killing his sister and all the people dying), I think it blows up his entire arc if he has the chance to kill her and doesn't. So I don't think Jaime will be put in that position.

Potentially, there could be a showdown between tyrion and Cersei, after Cersei has lost. Tyrion, in a moment of famial weakness, decides not to kill her and tells her to run away and hide. Instead of running, she goes to the basement and triggers the wildfire and kills all of kings landing. I just don't know why Tyrion would ever be alone with Cersei again, without Jon or Dany, though. How could he ever be in a situation to spare her?

Final thought is that the vision Dany has is simply inconsistent writing between seasons and her vision means nothing. You can never tell with this show.
Nice post. I've often thought the same about Cersei, that she'd much rather watch it all burn than have someone kill her / take her prisoner. And with Qyburn around, you know there are probably some extremely crazy contingency plans. Jaime killing her as he once killed Aerys sounds good on paper, but what if Cersei is still pregnant with Jaime's child when he comes to do the deed? He's changes his ways, but can he kill his own sister and an innocent unborn child?

Although it would make no sense storywise, I've always wanted to have the final scene of the series be an insanely laughing Qyburn on the Iron Throne with the Mountain standing in front of him waiting to take on the overwhelming army of Wights/White Walkers entering the throne room.
CapCityAg89
AG
6 episodes. We aren't going to see that messed up little kid again.
Urban Ag
AG
In regards to Jamie, he is effectively dead to Cersei now. There is no going back. And if in fact they do meet again, which I think they will, and he is put in a position where he must kill her to save the innocent, which I think will happen, he will do it.

Jamie, Jorah, and Theon......all living on borrowed time to trade their lives to at best, restore honor, or at the least, break even.
wangus12
AG
Still think Cersei's baby is simple manipulation tactics to work her family
wangus12
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
wangus12 said:

She was drinking what I assume to be wine in the trailer, so it's possible.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard said:

wangus12 said:

If Cercei was pregnant in 1960, she'd be smoking cigarettes, drinking and taking thalidomide. I think she is manipulating everybody with the pregnancy, but I doubt the wine means anything
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

CE Lounge Lizzard said:

wangus12 said:

If Cercei was pregnant in 1960, she'd be smoking cigarettes, drinking and taking thalidomide. I think she is manipulating everybody with the pregnancy, but I doubt the wine means anything
Or if she was pregnant NOW in certain areas that say "Roll Tide" you'd be correct. Although it's more than likely to be Schlitz rather than wine.

She just made such a point about it in her conversation with Tyrion it was just something to note.
Liquid Wrench
It could be a case of hysterical pregnancy due to stress and her need for attention.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
wangus12 said:

G Martin 87
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

6 episodes. We aren't going to see that messed up little kid again.
9 hours. Plenty of time to make Robin fly.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Really wish they'd take 10-20 minutes of an episode and give us more WW back story. What is their ultimate motivation. Every one dead or one of them? What happens after that? They all stand around patting each other on the back drinking ice coffee? The Emperor wanted order ruled by the Sith; Voldemort wanted a world of pure blood wizards ruling and everyone else subservient. Does the NK actually want something other than death to the living? I mean those guys are wearing clothes and have forged weapons, they've got some kind of society somewhere, right?

Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I mean those guys are wearing clothes and have forged weapons
Not to mention giant chains.

I've asked before but I'm genuinely confused about who the night king has access to for his army.

The WW have to actually touch the body to turn it into a wight, right? So we shouldn't be seeing zombies of people who are entombed or cremated, right? I've seen some comments here and there suggesting that it could be anyone who ever died, but that ain't right, is it?
redsquirrelAG
AG
Hardhomme....NK raises the dead at end of the episode. Doesn't have to touch them.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm sure a lot of that will come this season.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm sure a lot of that will come this season.
You know I was little disappointed that this isn't your real name.
OnlyForNow
AG
But those are immediately available bodies. It's not like he is going to stroll into a graveyard and raise folks that have been buried a long time.

But didn't he do that with skeletons when Bran was becoming the 3 eyed raven?
bearamedic99
AG
whose name is it?
bearamedic99
AG
Does Cersei have any wyldfire left after the High Sept incident?
Ol Jock 99
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Between that and Blackwater, I'd doubt it. But who knows.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
bearamedic99 said:

whose name is it?

ETA: should clarify and say this was my initial reaction to somebody not knowing who BES was
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
wangus12
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

bearamedic99 said:

Between that and Blackwater, I'd doubt it. But who knows.
She has the pyromancers who know how to make it. They have plenty
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Nice post. I've often thought the same about Cersei, that she'd much rather watch it all burn than have someone kill her / take her prisoner. And with Qyburn around, you know there are probably some extremely crazy contingency plans. Jaime killing her as he once killed Aerys sounds good on paper, but what if Cersei is still pregnant with Jaime's child when he comes to do the deed? He's changes his ways, but can he kill his own sister and an innocent unborn child?

She was ready to do just that (suicide) when King's Landing was looking like it was going to be overrun.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
These are always top notch

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

bearamedic99 said:

whose name is it?

ETA: should clarify and say this was my initial reaction to somebody not knowing who BES was
Never been a car movie guy. Never seen a minute of any of those movies.
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.