****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,264 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why not Longclaw? Seems kind of random to give him a new sword at this point in the story.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Because of the names of the two blades respectively.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm not sure why we're all so eager to see Jaime with a Valaryian steel sword fighting; he had to get his ass saved by Dickon Tarly vs. Random Dothraki #37 last year. Can Gendry make Jaime a Valryian steel hook to wear?
Phrasing
AG
We just finished Season 5 and whole heartedly agree. The whole Stannis storyline was so frustrating in Season 5 as well. Really excited about Season 6 though.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm on season 5 right now. I agree with y'all that season 4 is strong and in the running for top season.
TXRunner97
AG
Unannointed LongClaw will be worthless against the night king.
and the general chaos of battle I can imagine it being destroyed.
I bet this wont happen at winterfell either.
The night king will move south with his growing army after the living escape through the crypts of winterfell to the white river and then to White Harbor eventually to the Trident where Rheagar was killed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I'm not sure why we're all so eager to see Jaime with a Valaryian steel sword fighting; he had to get his ass saved by Dickon Tarly vs. Random Dothraki #37 last year. Can Gendry make Jaime a Valryian steel hook to wear?
Because we all want to see him complete his redemption arc.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why not Longclaw? Seems kind of random to give him a new sword at this point in the story.
I think only because they made the point in S6 of Sam stealing Heartsbane from his dad's castle before he and Gilly went to the Citadel. That would seem, to me at least, to be a very random thing to film and include if it did not have some specific purpose down the road. Unless it was to get one more Valaryian blade in to the mix for showdown with the WW's.

I don't recall Heartsbane even being mentioned previously in the series (noted several times in the books).

Or maybe, just maybe, Sam has a greater destiny to fulfill than just really smart, fat, friend.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It'll definitely have a role, I just don't see why it would be given to Jon.

I could see it going to someone else, though.

Maybe (and this is a bit fanfiction-y), Jaime gives Widow's Wail to Arya, which is a bit of a smaller blade and would be perfect for her, and then Sam gives Heartsbane to him.

Someone said Jorah, which is also a solid pick, but if it's really going to have a really pivotal role, I think Jaime makes more sense. Whatever the end of his arc is, is going to be vital. Whether it's killing Cersei or something at Winterfell.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They should have a scene where everyone with a Valyrian steel weapon has it on a table and someone says "Huh, I guess they aren't so rare after all."
Urban Ag
AG
TXRunner97 said:

Unannointed LongClaw will be worthless against the night king.
and the general chaos of battle I can imagine it being destroyed.
I bet this wont happen at winterfell either.
The night king will move south with his growing army after the living escape through the crypts of winterfell to the white river and then to White Harbor eventually to the Trident where Rheagar was killed.
That's just too much to expect of a six episode season that concludes the series.

It's already been made pretty obvious that the Battle of Winterfell at a minimum starts in Ep 3. I would surely think it rolls in to Ep 4, at least the aftermath. That would only leave two episodes to conclude the arcs at Kings Landing.

There is only so much they can reasonably do in six episodes.
CapCityAg89
AG
Heartsbane was called out at the super awkward dinner where Sam's father emasculated him. Also mentioned early I think by Dam when talking about his inheritance.
Phrasing
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Heartsbane was called out at the super awkward dinner where Sam's father emasculated him. Also mentioned early I think by Dam when talking about his inheritance.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Urban Ag said:

Or maybe, just maybe, Sam has a greater destiny to fulfill than just really smart, fat, friend.
Depends on who is leading the writing. Maybe they make Sam enter battle and when he's about to get smoked he trips and the sword kills the Night King as he is engaged with Jon. Snow is too honest to admit he killed the king, Sam gets credit and now fat nerds with no GFs have a hero who gets everything in the end. Mom's basements rejoice around the world.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sam already HAS had a pretty pivotal role. He killed a White Walker, shared the information that dragonglass kills WW's, he was the reason that Bran figured out the truth about Jon, etc.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Urban Ag
AG
Hey, he's already boinking Gilly and she's actually pretty darn cute when they don't homely her up. Sam is already out of mom's basement, but I get your point.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Jorah has Heartsbane in the trailer.

Urban Ag
AG
Yes, I said as much. Then Sam stole it. Has to be a point in doing that. Sam can barely wield a sword as it is. That's the only point I was making.

HBO has proven to be pretty good about omitting GRRM minutia from the books that doesn't really support getting to a conclusion.

Geez, that just made me think that in ADWD, GRRM actually introduced a character that took up multiple POV chapters, who's entire story was to try to convince Dany to marry him, she laughs at him, he tries to steal a dragon, gets BBQ'd in the process, dies, and added absolutely nothing whatsoever to the story. Talk about rabbit holes.
Urban Ag
AG
That's awesome.

Supports my (probably lame) theory. Jorah is a "redemption" character and his destiny is to die to save or protect Dany. Jorah is given Heartsbane. Dies attempting to protect Dany. Dany is forced to take up Heartsbane when Jorah falls. Heartsbane is Lightbringer and Dany becomes Azor Ahai, the Princess that was Promised

Maybe?

CapCityAg89
AG
Urban Ag said:

That's awesome.

Supports my (probably lame) theory. Jorah is a "redemption" character and his destiny is to die to save or protect Dany. Jorah is given Heartsbane. Dies attempting to protect Dany. Dany is forced to take up Heartsbane when Jorah falls. Heartsbane is Lightbringer and Dany becomes Azor Ahai, the Princess that was Promised

Maybe?

I like this theory. It's a great way for her to get a VSS. I also think having her be AA is the most likely result.

i think Dany ends up as AA (add to your theory as she creates the flaming sword by killing Jorah) and dies killing the NK. I also think Sam ends up having to "save" Jon from some injury by turning him into a new NK (bitter sweet ending). I also think the monarchy is done - essentially a reset to 2000 years ago.
M.C. Swag
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Here's my bold prediction for the end of GoT: during the battle of winterfell, Harry Potter swoops in captaining the starship Enterprise with his sidekick Chewbacca. They take the one ring and using the ring, Merlin's powers, and the 2019 Blaster eliminate all of the contenders and Harry turns the Iron Throne into a re-make of Brakebills College for Magical Pedagogy.
jamaggie06
AG
Uh... what? And where exactly are the Ninja Turtles in all this? No way they get left out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty sure they made that movie. It's called Ready Player One.
TheDraw
AG
Dragon Glass Shields

:large

TheDraw
AG
Link is safe to click on. image wont post here
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
How about a revolving glass door into Winterfell but the glass is dragon glass? The wights are all like, well hey this is convenient, but instead they are all killed.

Also seems like a good time to plant the fake rumor that the Night King has lots of dialogue in this season. Leading candidates for his voicework include:

Harvey Firestein
RuPaul
Bradley Cooper as Jackson Maine
and of course Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze "Hey Jon Snow, Ice to see you!"
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age.
Rex Racer
AG
So if the Night King visits Winterfell, will he raise Ned Stark to fight his own children? Or can he not raise a headless man?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cat was sent his bones. Not sure what was done with his body, but it's gone.
Rex Racer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cat was sent his bones. Not sure what was done with his body, but it's gone.
Oh, yeah. I forgot that Littlefinger delivered his bones to her.
Liquid Wrench
He'd have to dig him out of the crypt, wouldn't he?
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.