****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,054,469 Views | 14590 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Robert C. Christian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Phrasing said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

George R R Martin himself is creating the show alongside Jane Goldman, and it is based on a story that the pair have written together. No D and D.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/game-thrones-prequel-spin-off-bloodmoon-release-date-cast/

Good article - includes a lot of cast. Naomi Watts lead.
Thanks! Well that's good news, right?

But also more evidence that Jorge isn't working on the books.

Its only good news until the third season is delayed indefinitely while GRRM says he is working on the script but, is putting out scripts for prequels to the prequel.
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Phrasing said:

Urban Ag said:

Phrasing said:

Saw on the news this morning that over 11M people are expected to call in sick to work on Monday.
Game of Thrones baby boom coming in nine months?
Ha! Could be! And probably a good idea to WAIT until the series is over before naming all those kids after your favorite characters, you know, just in case they burn an entire city to the ground.
We have a super bowl baby, at least that's what my wife's doctor told us.

Yeah, to the handful of people that named their kid Theon after S1 GoT, bad call.
Phrasing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Social Media Influencer said:


Quote:

probably a good idea to WAIT until the series is over before naming all those kids after your favorite characters
Good plan. I named my oldest son T-Bag after watching only the first two seasons of Prison Break, and boy did I end up feeling silly!
I don't know - T-Bag has a timeless quality that I'm sure will come back around
Goose06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

George R R Martin himself is creating the show alongside Jane Goldman, and it is based on a story that the pair have written together. No D and D.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/game-thrones-prequel-spin-off-bloodmoon-release-date-cast/

Good article - includes a lot of cast. Naomi Watts lead.


Interesting. I'm definitely more interested now but will GRRM actually finish this story?
WestAustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bangobango said:

Anybody posted this yet? Sounds like the guy playing Jaime isn't a fan of D&D, either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bo1q7k/nikolaj_on_dds_writing/
He literally said "they're great screenwriters". So no. Actors, like Texags fantasy overdosing engineers, think they should be writing the screenplays.
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Goose06 said:

Haven't read much of this thread lately, don't have nearly enough time to stay up to speed on this, so forgive me if this has been posted. A friend and I were discussing a theory yesterday that would be an interesting, bittersweet ending.

We think Varys was trying to poison Dany. The little girl that came in while he was writing letters said "she's still not eating" and "the guards are watching me".maybe this girl is ultimately successful and poisons dany. Maybe the poison takes effect after dany and Jon have made peace? Maybe it's right as dany is about to execute Jon?


Why would the kid keep trying after Varys became dragon BBQ? He has either already paid her or isn't around to pay her if she succeeds in poisoning Dany. I would imagine seeing Varys get burnt to a crisp was motivation for her to forget that mission.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jenn96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Phrasing said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

George R R Martin himself is creating the show alongside Jane Goldman, and it is based on a story that the pair have written together. No D and D.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/game-thrones-prequel-spin-off-bloodmoon-release-date-cast/

Good article - includes a lot of cast. Naomi Watts lead.
Thanks! Well that's good news, right?

But also more evidence that Jorge isn't working on the books.

He's not working on the books no matter what. At least this way we might get some good stories out of the ASOIAF universe.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While Martin is writing prequels he should just hop on a Doom of Valyria movie script. I'm sure it would be better than Pompeii
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
spence10 said:

bearamedic99 said:

So which cast members will be the hottest items for casting in other works after this? Obviously the guys playing Jaime and Davis but who else? Will Jon Snow suffer from Superman syndrome?

Robb Stark was excellent in Bodyguard, which I thought was great.


Damn.I watched the first 4 episodes of Bodyguard and didn't realize that was the Young Wolf. I didn't recognize him without the sword and fur cape.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
cbr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rewatched 8-1. Definitely continues the setup for 5, now that we know what happens. Isolation of danarys, confirmation of the stakes and rules of the game.
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just catching up.

No offense to this person personally, but I'm about to call someone a moron for the confounds of this thread. Whoever posted an actual spoiler for the finale, don't be a moron. Spoiler tag or not, don't put that **** on this thread. That should be common sense. No one here wants to read that or even have it here.

Moving on...
Social Media Influencer
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

Damn.I watched the first 4 episodes of Bodyguard and didn't realize that was the Young Wolf. I didn't recognize him without the sword and fur cape.
Easy mistake; we all look different without our swords and fur capes.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
spence10 said:

bearamedic99 said:

So which cast members will be the hottest items for casting in other works after this? Obviously the guys playing Jaime and Davis but who else? Will Jon Snow suffer from Superman syndrome?

Robb Stark was excellent in Bodyguard, which I thought was great.

It was good but I have no idea where they would go with it now - without it just turning into the Brit version of 24.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

George R R Martin himself is creating the show alongside Jane Goldman, and it is based on a story that the pair have written together. No D and D.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/game-thrones-prequel-spin-off-bloodmoon-release-date-cast/

Good article - includes a lot of cast. Naomi Watts lead.


Ah shhhht, here we go
Quote:

Fans are already speculating whom Watts will be playing, with some thinking she could be Nissa Nissa, a casually referenced figure in Westerosi lore. Nissa Nissa was the wife of ancient hero Azor Ahai, the Lord of Light and central figure of the faith of R'hllor. Legend has it, he forged the magical sword Lightbringer by plunging it through the heard of his beloved in order to defeat the White Walkers.
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since Bran can warg through time will he be able to make cameo appearances in the new show?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Goose06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

Goose06 said:

Haven't read much of this thread lately, don't have nearly enough time to stay up to speed on this, so forgive me if this has been posted. A friend and I were discussing a theory yesterday that would be an interesting, bittersweet ending.

We think Varys was trying to poison Dany. The little girl that came in while he was writing letters said "she's still not eating" and "the guards are watching me".maybe this girl is ultimately successful and poisons dany. Maybe the poison takes effect after dany and Jon have made peace? Maybe it's right as dany is about to execute Jon?


Why would the kid keep trying after Varys became dragon BBQ? He has either already paid her or isn't around to pay her if she succeeds in poisoning Dany. I would imagine seeing Varys get burnt to a crisp was motivation for her to forget that mission.


1. Maybe she doesn't know Varys died?
2. Maybe dany eats food that was previously poisoned?
3. Maybe you are right? Likely!
Blatant Disregard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Urban Ag said:


Thanks everyone. First week of April felt like Dec 2012 when JFF had just won the Heisman. Now it feels like August 2013 when Erin Andrews declared that JFF has literally ruined the sport of football.


oh and t he online petition is apparently up to 350,000 signatures.

Rule 1

bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Urban Ag said:


Thanks everyone. First week of April felt like Dec 2012 when JFF had just won the Heisman. Now it feels like August 2013 when Erin Andrews declared that JFF has literally ruined the sport of football.


oh and t he online petition is apparently up to 350,000 signatures.

Rule 1




Please post the peephole video.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh FFS, there's counseling services for Game of Thrones viewers in the UK.

The end (of humanity) has to be near.

https://ktvl.com/news/offbeat/summer-is-coming-game-of-thrones-counselling-service-launched-ahead-of-series-finale

Quote:

The last episode is Sunday and fans now have a place to go to get expert advice and counseling as they begin the grieving process.
Counselors via Bark.com will be on hand Monday, ready to help fans who'd like to talk about how they feel regarding the series ending and receive expert advice on how to deal with the loss of the show.

"All counselors will be familiar with the show," says spokesperson Donna Clapp. "So (they) will be able to discuss plot twists and storylines, to help their clients digest their interpretation and feelings of the show, which can range from anger, confusion, sadness and grief."
Fans can book a 30 minute or 60 minute therapy session for roughly $25-$50 depending on the length.
"Game of Thrones is one of the most popular TV programs of our time, so I'm not surprised that people are devastated it's going to end," said Kai Feller, co-founder of Bark.com. "I think there will be a fair amount of superfans out there who will need to chat with a professional when the show ends!"



Luke Smith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here's a question. When Jaime first goes to Winterfell, the only reason Dany does not execute him right then and there is Sansa and Brienne stick up for him.

Jaime then gets caught trying to sneak past Dany's forces to get back to Cersei. Why would she not execute him? She was going to before. And know she has more reason to. And she just got done executing Varys.

That's pretty nice of her just to make him a prisoner, only to turn around and burn a city of innocents
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She read the script
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke Smith said:

Here's a question. When Jaime first goes to Winterfell, the only reason Dany does not execute him right then and there is Sansa and Brienne stick up for him.

Jaime then gets caught trying to sneak past Dany's forces to get back to Cersei. Why would she not execute him? She was going to before. And know she has more reason to. And she just got done executing Varys.

That's pretty nice of her just to make him a prisoner, only to turn around and burn a city of innocents
Agreed it's more reverse engineering writing to get a character/arc to it's closing point. My only conclusion would be that it would probably be better to not execute her hand's brother the night before the siege of KL. Maybe handle it later.
Luke Smith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Urban Ag said:

Luke Smith said:

Here's a question. When Jaime first goes to Winterfell, the only reason Dany does not execute him right then and there is Sansa and Brienne stick up for him.

Jaime then gets caught trying to sneak past Dany's forces to get back to Cersei. Why would she not execute him? She was going to before. And know she has more reason to. And she just got done executing Varys.

That's pretty nice of her just to make him a prisoner, only to turn around and burn a city of innocents
Agreed it's more reverse engineering writing to get a character/arc to it's closing point. My only conclusion would be that it would probably be better to not execute her hand's brother the night before the siege of KL. Maybe handle it later.
I just don't feel like it fits the story well. I wish something happened like Jaime rides down and meets Tyrion in Dany's camp to let him know he plans on using the attack on KL to try to find Cersei and he has to be the one to either convince her to step down or kill her.

Then when he finds Cersei it could make more sense that he feels bad for her and realizes they're all going to die anyway so he uses his last seconds comforting her. Then you don't completely ruin his character because he is ready to kill her but ends up not being able to.
Phrasing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke Smith said:

Urban Ag said:

Luke Smith said:

Here's a question. When Jaime first goes to Winterfell, the only reason Dany does not execute him right then and there is Sansa and Brienne stick up for him.

Jaime then gets caught trying to sneak past Dany's forces to get back to Cersei. Why would she not execute him? She was going to before. And know she has more reason to. And she just got done executing Varys.

That's pretty nice of her just to make him a prisoner, only to turn around and burn a city of innocents
Agreed it's more reverse engineering writing to get a character/arc to it's closing point. My only conclusion would be that it would probably be better to not execute her hand's brother the night before the siege of KL. Maybe handle it later.
I just don't feel like it fits the story well. I wish something happened like Jaime rides down and meets Tyrion in Dany's camp to let him know he plans on using the attack on KL to try to find Cersei and he has to be the one to either convince her to step down or kill her.

Then when he finds Cersei it could make more sense that he feels bad for her and realizes they're all going to die anyway so he uses his last seconds comforting her. Then you don't completely ruin his character because he is ready to kill her but ends up not being able to.


I think Urban was spot on that this was just reverse engineering for the plot. They wanted for Tyrion's character to repay the favor and they wanted this scene/dialogue. May not be the best writing, but you can explain it away pretty easily like Urban said.

Other thought would be maybe it was a test to see if Tyrion would betray her?
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke Smith said:

Here's a question. When Jaime first goes to Winterfell, the only reason Dany does not execute him right then and there is Sansa and Brienne stick up for him.

Jaime then gets caught trying to sneak past Dany's forces to get back to Cersei. Why would she not execute him? She was going to before. And know she has more reason to. And she just got done executing Varys.

That's pretty nice of her just to make him a prisoner, only to turn around and burn a city of innocents

Actually what they should have done then having him outside KL was use him to negotiate Cersei's surrender.

Say they will execute him like Cersei did Missandei unless you walk out and tell your armies to surrender. Offer exile in Essos or something.

But that would not have been as dramatic and we don't get to see the battle so I get it.

I mean supposedly at that point Cersei has given up on him and is with Euron but given the choice to save him - with her family feelings and love for Jamie (she was just angry with him) it was worth a shot.

Too bad they did not already have him before the Missandei sequence - but of course they didn't because that's not how it was written.


EDIT - OR BETTER YET - say as retribution for Missandei you can choose: we kill Jamie or you give up Euron in exchange.



I actually thought there was also the possibility (pre battle) of Jamie being caught by Cersei put on trial demanding a trial by combat and you get the Mountain for Cersei and the Hound volunteers for Jamie. that's a logical setup for Cleganebowl (although I was fine with Cleganebowl).

Kate Beckett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1.6k posts since Monday. Y'all been busy.
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Just catching up.

No offense to this person personally, but I'm about to call someone a moron for the confounds of this thread. Whoever posted an actual spoiler for the finale, don't be a moron. Spoiler tag or not, don't put that **** on this thread. That should be common sense. No one here wants to read that or even have it here.

Moving on...
I swear, some of you just look for stuff to ***** about.
Blatant Disregard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm currently rereading a clash of kings right now and good lord the chasm between the storytelling is wide
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kate Beckett said:

1.6k posts since Monday. Y'all been busy.
Don't bother trying to read them, it'll be a huge waste of time
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah , posting the ending to a 10 year show on a non spoiler thread is probably not worth calling someone out for. Really reaching there.
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kate Beckett said:

1.6k posts since Monday. Y'all been busy.
About half of those are debating whether or not the Dany heel turn made sense
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Yeah , posting the ending to a 10 year show on a non spoiler thread is probably not worth calling someone out for. Really reaching there.
What are the spoiler tags for, then?

Only reason I posted is b/c others were asking for an explanation to something I had said earlier. I contemplated pm'ing them, but decided I'd use spoiler tags, assuming everyone could just pass over it if they didn't want to read it.

I had no idea that this would get panties in a bunch for some of you. It's kind of hard to keep up with everything that pisses people off on the interweb.
Social Media Influencer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's mostly 3 or 4 posters, vying to have their opinions verified or rejected by me when I reappear every 10-15 pages.
dlance
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearamedic99 said:

So which cast members will be the hottest items for casting in other works after this? Obviously the guys playing Jaime and Davis but who else? Will Jon Snow suffer from Superman syndrome?


Khal Drogo was Aquaman...even though it sucked
Littlefinger is the lead in Project Blue Book
CapeAggie89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How's this for a crazy ending:

Arya goes postal and tries to kill Dany

Grey Worm protects Dany and kills Arya

Jon Snow kills Grey Worm

Dany says, "Jon you have betrayed me!!!" and yells "Dracarys !" and Jon gets blasted with Dragonfire !

But because Jon is part Tragaryen, walks out of the Dragonfire, kills Dany and takes the Iron Throne

I am sure there are a lot of holes in this but it sounds good at least in my head !!!
Page 374 of 417
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.