****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,117 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

bangobango said:

You knew this was coming:

People these days are so GD entitled. The same idiots starting and signing these worthless petitions vote in real elections, too. And that's terrifying.

I'd bet most of the people who signed this also want the government to pay off their student loans.

This is really weird comparison.

The shows are a consumer product that people pay hard earned money to consume. I'm not sure how expressing their displeasure in something they purchased makes them entitled?

Do you profusely thank the people at a grocery store for allowing you to pay them for spoiled fruit or something? Do you think television is a privilege you are granted from on high?
Texaggie7nine
I don't have that big of an issue with the Night King storyline. The Children of the forest are magical creatures and they put some spell on the dragon glass so that it created an undead man with one mission, to wipe out humans, and who had the power to resurrect them into his army.

Ok Fine.

What gets me is that for 8 seasons, from the very get go, the WWs coming south and killing everyone was foreshadowed. The entire series built up to the moment they came across the wall and started to wage war on the realm of men.

All that build up and we get a battle that lasts for 1 episode, the Night King doesn't really do much but fly on a dragon, chunk a couple ice spears, walk through corpses and raise them, and walk methodically towards Bran.

John did not ultimately fight him. No big battle. Just a quick sneak attack and, bam, it's all over.
7nine
Proposition Joe
Much of it is also that Group A people historically have had to deal with TV/movie adaptations that ranged from "serviceable" to "just plain bad" on some pretty epic material.

Seasons 1-4 of Game of Thrones weren't just great adaptations - they were some of the best seasons of television. Ever.

So when not only are those lofty expectations not met, but they are missed by such a great mark... you have disappointment.
Texaggie7nine
bangobango said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

bangobango said:

People these days are so GD entitled. The same idiots starting and signing these worthless petitions vote in real elections, too. And that's terrifying.

I'd bet most of the people who signed this also want the government to pay off their student loans.

The shows are a consumer product that people pay hard earned money to consume. I'm not sure how expressing their displeasure in something they purchased makes them entitled?

Do you profusely thank the people at a grocery store for allowing you to pay them for spoiled fruit or something? Do you think television is a privilege you are granted from on high?
I could see his point this all was still written by GRRM. You could say, it's his story and he gets to tell it like he wants. But D&D and HBO picked it up and ran with it as a people pleaser. It's not an artist's craft. It is a concocted, calculated, amalgamation of what they think people want.

So yes, you can criticize that.
7nine
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
WestAustinAg said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Change your list from "great moments in the episode" to "things that happened in the episode" and I'm right there with you.

Here's my take, if you have to explain a joke, is it really that good of a joke? If you have to explain to people why this has been a good season, is it really?
What a novel way to stop debate and declare yourself correct. If you have to tell people the season sucks...does it really?
I don't have to tell anyone it sucks, most people can see it for themselves. My point is that for most of 6 seasons, there was hardly anyone having to defend the show, because of the consensus of how great it was. Now that people don't like it, there are those that have to prove why the show is so great like they've seen what the rest haven't seen. We're all watching the same thing. Explaining why it happened isn't going to make me feel better about it. That was the writers' jobs in the first place.
bangobango
AG
SAtxag16 said:

Urban Ag said:

SAtxag16 said:

StringerBell said:

I thought they covered the night kings origin fairly well
I think people were just hoping that there was more to him than just wanting to bring "The Long Night".

Honestly not sure how much of that letdown was on D&D vs. fans just overtheorizing. I think the show and it's bad guys had just been so much more nuanced up until that point that it was a bit disappointing that all the NK wanted was to kill everyone.
I think this is a good point. There seems to be two general groups of fans.

Group A are people that probably typically consume a lot of fantasy and sci-fi. They're more invested in the genre. They have greater expectations and since the series moved off the books it hasn't really been able to deliver the way it did when the writers had a road map.

Group B are people that see this more as a soap opera. They're not nearly as invested in the how and the why, nor do they need everything thing to make perfect sense. They want to see what happens next. They're willing to forgive some inconsistencies and are not nearly as bothered by them.

As an example, Group A types absolutely hated everything about how Rhaegal was killed by ship mounted scorpions. Literally everything about the scene. Logic defied. No one could pull that off. How is Dany so stupid. The whole thing pissed them off. Group B looks at the same scene as thinks yeah, kind of hokey, but the scene was meant to build her anger and frustration and throw in something we didn't see coming. Dany is still arrogant and overconfident and flew herself in to an ambush. Let's move on.

I'm definitely in the Group B. I loved the books because I couldn't stop reading them because I wanted to know what happens next. The show is no different. I'm here to be entertained, not fulfilled necessarily.
I think I'm probably somewhere in between.

I've really enjoyed the series, certainly one of my all time favorites, but maybe somewhere in the last couple years my expectations got too high. That's easy to do when you've got people theorizing for years about what might happen and I read a good bit of that.

I think one of GRRM's ideas that I really became infatuated with was the relationship between good and evil and how it is much more nuanced than it is often presented in books, movies and tv shows. I always thought that was such a interesting idea that he was exploring and they did a good job of that with characters like Cersei, Tywin, Jamie, the Wildlings, etc.

But then for the Night King, the ultimate villain, to really just be a killing machine wanting to end all human life. I found that pretty disappointing.

Here is the thing, this could've been done in a way that people would've been more apt to forgive the flaws.

I'll talk about it more when it's all over with, but moving battle with NK ahead of battle at Kings Landing was the fatal flaw in their writing, in my opinion. Every decision that stemmed from that really ruined the conclusion of this story for a lot of fans.

And I am 100% convinced the decision was made bc they did not want to fi many episodes with one or more of the big stars - Jon, Arya, Dany, or Tyrion, dead or gone.

So, they catered to fandom rather than protect the integrity of the story itself. When you do that on something like this, it makes a lot of things fall flat and hollow.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
SAtxag16 said:

chase128 said:

If the books ever come out I bet GRRM has a lot more on the white walkers. Seems like a lot changed for the show in that regard (adding the NK).
I think the show NK/white walkers is one of the biggest victims of the rushed show schedule.
Couldn't agree more. I haven't read the books themselves, but I've read about them and from what i've read/heard from GRRM it sounds like the Winds of Winter is supposed to feature much more beyond the Wall.

Just unfortunate b/c I think the NK and White Walkers could have been much more compelling than what ended up largely being just traditional zombies.
Well if you're looking for a better ending with the NK in the books you're going to be disappointed all over again
bangobango
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

WestAustinAg said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Change your list from "great moments in the episode" to "things that happened in the episode" and I'm right there with you.

Here's my take, if you have to explain a joke, is it really that good of a joke? If you have to explain to people why this has been a good season, is it really?
What a novel way to stop debate and declare yourself correct. If you have to tell people the season sucks...does it really?
I don't have to tell anyone it sucks, most people can see it for themselves. My point is that for most of 6 seasons, there was hardly anyone having to defend the show, because of the consensus of how great it was. Now that people don't like it, there are those that have to prove why the show is so great like they've seen what the rest haven't seen. We're all watching the same thing. Explaining why it happened isn't going to make me feel better about it. That was the writers' jobs in the first place.

I've seen this happen on here enough to know, the ones defending the show are on the losing aide of this one. This is going down as one of the biggest flops in tv history. It's done.

Three years from now there won't even be any debate about it. Ten years from now when another pop culture phenomenon flops, people will reference the last season of game of thrones and nobody will bat an eye. Just go search last season threads of LOST and then look how many times people bring it up now with nobody defending g it (I was one of the ones defending last season of LOST on here way back when, btw).
smokeythebear
AG
How exactly do you have the Starks defeating the Night King after Dany burns down all of Kings Landing?
PatAg
AG
If you sign a petition to remake a season of a TV show, you are a moron. I think we can all agree on that.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Here's a really good Reddit post about how the story would make so much more sense with Young Griff, the Targaryen who claims to be the heir to the iron thrown. Also known as Aegon.

It would have allowed Cersei to pay the consequences of blowing up the sept, allowed him to become king, and justified Danys rage.

Also, it would have n relevance to Dorne, which was completely pointless in the books.

And finally, it would have made Euron a much more powerful ally if they made him have the horn of winter as opposed to scorpions. He could have controlled a dragon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/bozxfa/spoilers_main_99_of_the_shows_problems_are_due_to/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I actually wish the NK and Kings Landing could have tied in together a little more rather than being two separate back to back conflicts. This season has felt like two bullet points. Kill NK. KIll Cersei. Rather than flowing together for one grand climax.

I think they could have had the NK take Winterfell and then back up all the forces in Westeros down to Kings Landing forcing a true uniting of the seven kingdoms, then after defeating the NK there could be complete chaos to decide who rules over what's left.
My Dad Earl
AG
I don't necessarily have an issue about where the storylines have ended up to this point. I have an issue with how we got there. Everything has been extremely rushed the past two or three seasons and I don't feel like the plots have as much depth to them as they did back in seasons 1-5. Examples:

-- I'm still not sure how Jon and Dany fell in love and I don't feel it on screen. In one scene last season, Jon is frustrated and refuses to bend the knee. Next scene with them together, all the sudden he's in a cave making a move on her. Two episodes later, they're in bed together. On the contrary, there was so much depth to Ygritte and Jon and it took a full season or two to realize.

- The Night King amounted to nothing at all. Just a bad guy who wanted to kill everybody. Only took one episode to kill him in battle. I don't have an issue with Arya being the hero, but we never get a final answer on the Prince who was Promised. And I'm still not sure what Bran's relationship with the Night King is; only to tell us he wants to wipe out man's memory. That's kind of weak.

- Dany always had it in her to go mad, but I don't understand how she took it to this level. She's always been ruthless, but only to those in power (slavers, Dothraki leadership, those people who stole her dragons in season 2) but never to commoners. They should have started her downfall to madness a season or two ago or should have allowed more episodes to let it develop.

jboog
AG
bangobango said:

SAtxag16 said:

Urban Ag said:

SAtxag16 said:

StringerBell said:

I thought they covered the night kings origin fairly well
I think people were just hoping that there was more to him than just wanting to bring "The Long Night".

Honestly not sure how much of that letdown was on D&D vs. fans just overtheorizing. I think the show and it's bad guys had just been so much more nuanced up until that point that it was a bit disappointing that all the NK wanted was to kill everyone.
I think this is a good point. There seems to be two general groups of fans.

Group A are people that probably typically consume a lot of fantasy and sci-fi. They're more invested in the genre. They have greater expectations and since the series moved off the books it hasn't really been able to deliver the way it did when the writers had a road map.

Group B are people that see this more as a soap opera. They're not nearly as invested in the how and the why, nor do they need everything thing to make perfect sense. They want to see what happens next. They're willing to forgive some inconsistencies and are not nearly as bothered by them.

As an example, Group A types absolutely hated everything about how Rhaegal was killed by ship mounted scorpions. Literally everything about the scene. Logic defied. No one could pull that off. How is Dany so stupid. The whole thing pissed them off. Group B looks at the same scene as thinks yeah, kind of hokey, but the scene was meant to build her anger and frustration and throw in something we didn't see coming. Dany is still arrogant and overconfident and flew herself in to an ambush. Let's move on.

I'm definitely in the Group B. I loved the books because I couldn't stop reading them because I wanted to know what happens next. The show is no different. I'm here to be entertained, not fulfilled necessarily.
I think I'm probably somewhere in between.

I've really enjoyed the series, certainly one of my all time favorites, but maybe somewhere in the last couple years my expectations got too high. That's easy to do when you've got people theorizing for years about what might happen and I read a good bit of that.

I think one of GRRM's ideas that I really became infatuated with was the relationship between good and evil and how it is much more nuanced than it is often presented in books, movies and tv shows. I always thought that was such a interesting idea that he was exploring and they did a good job of that with characters like Cersei, Tywin, Jamie, the Wildlings, etc.

But then for the Night King, the ultimate villain, to really just be a killing machine wanting to end all human life. I found that pretty disappointing.
Here is the thing, this could've been done in a way that people would've been more apt to forgive the flaws.

I'll talk about it more when it's all over with, but moving battle with NK ahead of battle at Kings Landing was the fatal flaw in their writing, in my opinion. Every decision that stemmed from that really ruined the conclusion of this story for a lot of fans.

And I am 100% convinced the decision was made bc they did not want to fi many episodes with one or more of the big stars - Jon, Arya, Dany, or Tyrion, dead or gone.

So, they catered to fandom rather than protect the integrity of the story itself. When you do that on something like this, it makes a lot of things fall flat and hollow.
To be honest, the whole Night King storyline just lost all of its luster when it turned out all he wanted was to kill everyone. Not very compelling to me. All I cared about was the throne at that point.

If Dany or Jon or whoever took the throne, then they come back to fight the Night King and the White Walkers and Arya kills the Night King that same way, then the show ends, I'd be way more disappointed. This is at least better b/c they put the more compelling storyline at the end.

Ultimately, I think I'm just dissatisfied with the NK storyline as a whole. If they were going to make him such a big part of the story, they should have done more with him.
jboog
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

SAtxag16 said:

chase128 said:

If the books ever come out I bet GRRM has a lot more on the white walkers. Seems like a lot changed for the show in that regard (adding the NK).
I think the show NK/white walkers is one of the biggest victims of the rushed show schedule.
Couldn't agree more. I haven't read the books themselves, but I've read about them and from what i've read/heard from GRRM it sounds like the Winds of Winter is supposed to feature much more beyond the Wall.

Just unfortunate b/c I think the NK and White Walkers could have been much more compelling than what ended up largely being just traditional zombies.
Well if you're looking for a better ending with the NK in the books you're going to be disappointed all over again
Lol true
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bangobango said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

bangobango said:

LMAO. Wow.

It isn't the showing displeasure that's entitled. It's expecting to crowd fund a remake. On a show that they voluntarily watch and pay for.

In your example that's like saying they don't just want a refund for spoiled fruit (which they could see when they picked it out)... but expecting to hire their own people to choose the fruit vendors and inspecting the transport trucks themselves. Just get your refund and go shop somewhere else.

They can cancel.....anytime.
bangobango
AG
I am putting this in spoiler marks b/c I have read the spoilers and this involves a big one (though predictable), but here is the reason I think they screwed up when they changed the order of the final battles:

The only reason it really makes sense to make Dany "evil" or "mad" or "crazy" is so that Jon has a reason to kill her, and the only reason Jon needs a reason to kill her is so he can fulfill the prophecy of the Prince who is Promised and put his sword through her heart, thus forging Lightbringer, similar to what Azor Ahai did, and then taking Lightbringer to finish off the threat of the White Walkers.

This was foreshadowed throughout the series and all through the books. It's obvious that Dany going crazy is something Martin gave them, but Martin gave them that ending b/c of the Azor Ahai prophecies.

I think it is also obvious that they changed the order b/c they did not want Jon to kill Dany and they still have several episodes left. They were afraid fans of Dany would stop watching b/c of that. It's also obvious that this is the reason that they gave Arya the NK kill, bc otherwise she doesn't have anything to do this season. Since Jon is going to kill Dany, they felt that they couldn't let him also kill the NK if Arya doesn't have a big target to finish off.

I think they would've been better off with Dany refusing to help Jon without first securing the iron throne. The white walkers making it past winterfell and further south. Jon and Dany fighting Cersei at KL and then Jon killing Dany, then defeating the NK in a pitched, last effort, suicide mission.

Would've been too white man power for today's twitter verse, but would've been a more satisfying to most of the fandom than what they've gone with, which has completely ruined the theme of the entire series.
M.C. Swag
AG
smokeythebear said:

How exactly do you have the Starks defeating the Night King after Dany burns down all of Kings Landing?
The way the show had it all laid out coming into S8? No idea. But the reddit post linked by BallerStaf2003 set out a really good outline for the book version.

Quote:

The Long Night (or I should say, One Night Stand) took only one episode and one battle, while three episodes were spent on dealing with King's Landing. However, due to the early timing of (f)Aegon's arrival in Dorne, it was likely that Daenerys would have had to deal with him before or during the Long Night, hence the battle against the Night King could have gotten the time and focus that it deserved. It also sets up a potential redemption arc for Daenerys (if she fights Aegon, stands in a snow-covered Red Keep, then returns to help Jon win against the Night King at the cost of her own life).
Even if they kept the battle order the same, the conflict with the WWs should have been given more time than 50% of a 6 episode season.
bangobango
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

LMAO. Wow.

It isn't the showing displeasure that's entitled. It's expecting to crowd fund a remake. On a show that they voluntarily watch and pay for.

In your example that's like saying they don't just want a refund for spoiled fruit (which they could see when they picked it out)... but expecting to hire their own people to choose the fruit vendors and inspecting the transport trucks themselves. Just get your refund and go shop somewhere else.

Again, what about crowdfunding a remake of season 8 makes them entitled? They're offering to pay for the remake? How is that entitlement? Maybe you have a different definition of the word?

Is it stupid? I guess. Is it unlikely to happen? Probably.

Do I think if they keep doing this that eventually somebody will take them up on it? I am expecting that to happen in our lifetime, actually.
jboog
AG
My Dad Earl said:

-- I'm still not sure how Jon and Dany fell in love and I don't feel it on screen. In one scene last season, Jon is frustrated and refuses to bend the knee. Next scene with them together, all the sudden he's in a cave making a move on her. Two episodes later, they're in bed together. On the contrary, there was so much depth to Ygritte and Jon and it took a full season or two to realize.

- The Night King amounted to nothing at all. Just a bad guy who wanted to kill everybody. Only took one episode to kill him in battle. I don't have an issue with Arya being the hero, but we never get a final answer on the Prince who was Promised. And I'm still not sure what Bran's relationship with the Night King is; only to tell us he wants to wipe out man's memory. That's kind of weak.

- Dany always had it in her to go mad, but I don't understand how she took it to this level. She's always been ruthless, but only to those in power (slavers, Dothraki leadership, those people who stole her dragons in season 2) but never to commoners. They should have started her downfall to madness a season or two ago or should have allowed more episodes to let it develop.
So well said. You worded what I've been thinking better than I was able to.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bangobango said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

LMAO. Wow.

Again, what about crowdfunding a remake of season 8 makes them entitled? They're offering to pay for the remake? How is that entitlement? Maybe you have a different definition of the word?

Do I think if they keep doing this that eventually somebody will take them up on it? I am expecting that to happen in our lifetime, actually.

Do you remake everything you don't like? Or try to get it remade?

Entitled means believing you are deserving of special treatment.

Expecting every show you dislike to be remade in a way you like, seems like special treatment to me?

Since that has never occurred before in the history of TV wouldn't it be special treatment (meaning a remake based on fan funding).

Then you have the added issue of let's say they remake it for $100M...... But what if 43% of those who contributed don't like that remake - are they now deserving of a third remake? And if they raise another $100M do we then make a third version that only satisfies another 35% of them for whatever reason. And then they start lawsuits because they didn't make the version Leroy likes and he sues Barbara who suggested some plotline that made it in.

I mean there definitely are remakes made to improve upon originals - but those happen organically within the industry when a writer and director and studio, etc. get on board with it. Often that's modernizing with technology but if they wanted to do it for their own interest, sure why not. Hell Lucas did it with special editions of his own movies (and made them worse).

It's the Joe Bob and Sue Ellen's giving $4.30 to fund a remake (and expecting it to meet their wishes) that cracks me up.

But whatever floats your boat.

pagerman @ work
AG
bangobango said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

LMAO. Wow.

It's basically just a way for fans to send a message to the two schmucks that are running the show that they have screwed up badly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Two things I wish in my heart of hearts.

1) That the good guys had lost the Battle of WInterfell and failed to kill the Night King. Jon and Dany take as many as they can away on the dragons, the rest of them have to run for it or ride for it. It becomes a stumbling, miserable retreat south. They mount defenses at Moat Cailin or River Run or the Twins or even the Vale, but they can't stop the dead. With no ships to get back to Dragonstone, the tattered remains reach King's Landing and beg Cersei to stand with them. When she refuses is when Dany snaps and torches KL., or at least the miltary parts of it. Jamie or Tyrion takes control of the Lannister armies and we have a Hobbit "Battle of Five Armies" against the dead - and then they could do Arya or anyone else killing the NK. Whatever happens after that would be fine with me.

2) HBO tells the fans , we hear you and we're going to make an episode for you to see what you think. Then they make the ****tiest remake of all time with puppets, cartoon animation, and people from their other shows in pivotal roles. Vinnie Chase as Jon Snow, NoHo Hank as Bran, Tony Hale as Euron Greyjoy and Julia-Louise Dreyfuss as Cersei. Have all sorts of anachronisms - Cersei calls Qyburn (played by Bill Hader) on a cell phone, the dragons can all speak perfect English, etc.
bangobango
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bangobango said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

LMAO. Wow.

Do you remake everything you don't like? Or try to get it remade?

Entitled means believing you are deserving of special treatment.

Expecting every show you dislike to be remade in a way you like, seems like special treatment to me?

Since that has never occurred before in the history of TV wouldn't it be special treatment (meaning a remake based on fan funding).

Then you have the added issue of let's say they remake it for $100M...... But what if 43% of those who contributed don't like that remake - are they now deserving of a third remake? And if they raise another $100M do we then make a third version that only satisfies another 35% of them for whatever reason. And then they start lawsuits because they didn't make the version Leroy likes and he sues Barbara who suggested some plotline that made it in.

I mean there definitely are remakes made to improve upon originals - but those happen organically within the industry when a writer and director and studio, etc. get on board with it. Often that's modernizing with technology but if they wanted to do it for their own interest, sure why not. Hell Lucas did it with special editions of his own movies (and made them worse).

It's the Joe Bob and Sue Ellen's giving $4.30 to fund a remake (and expecting it to meet their wishes) that cracks me up.

But whatever floats your boat.

I mean, they're crowdfunding video games, board games, just about anything you can think of, why not eventually movies and tv shows?

In fact, there is some guy on youtube who got permission from Disney to make original content Darth Vader movies and he's actually released one already.

If you and a million other people want it, how exactly does that make you special when you're just like 999,999 other people and you're all willing to pay for it?

I doubt anybody signing that actually expects it to get made, but rather they are using it as an opportunity to express their discontent in the show. You and others act like fans have no right to ever dislike a product, like they just have to take what they get and like it. You did this with TLJ and you've done it on this thread. It is weird.
bangobango
AG
pagerman @ work said:

bangobango said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

LMAO. Wow.

It's basically just a way for fans to send a message to the two schmucks that are running the show that they have screwed up badly.
I agree.
PatAg
AG
Perfection
smokeythebear
AG
No offense to bangobango or anyone else on the thread, but with that I think I'm out until after the Series Finale. I'll catch y'all a hundred pages down the road.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bangobango said:

I've seen this happen on here enough to know, the ones defending the show are on the losing aide of this one. This is going down as one of the biggest flops in tv history. It's done.

Three years from now there won't even be any debate about it. Ten years from now when another pop culture phenomenon flops, people will reference the last season of game of thrones and nobody will bat an eye. Just go search last season threads of LOST and then look how many times people bring it up now with nobody defending g it (I was one of the ones defending last season of LOST on here way back when, btw).
I've seen this raw flop only once before. It didn't scare me then. IT DOES NOW.

Seriously dude, the biggest flops in TV history? 18.6 million people watched the episode you guys think was so awful. Those advertising dollars are just as tasty as the ones from the episodes that scored 99% on RT. And people are going watch the hell outta that prequel whenever it comes out. A big flop is what happened to Joey or something like that where you had huge hopes and a huge star and it tanked.

As for nobody defending Lost anymore, that show ended 9 years ago next week. Most people who hated or liked it have probably just moved on with their lives beyond being upset about who was dead, who was alive, why the smoke monster couldn't swim, and why they never wrote in a scene where Sun and Kate made out.
smokeythebear
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

bangobango said:

I've seen this raw flop only once before. It didn't scare me then. IT DOES NOW.

Seriously dude, the biggest flops in TV history? 18.6 million people watched the episode you guys think was so awful. Those advertising dollars are just as tasty as the ones from the episodes that scored 99% on RT. And people are going watch the hell outta that prequel whenever it comes out. A big flop is what happened to Joey or something like that where you had huge hopes and a huge star and it tanked.

As for nobody defending Lost anymore, that show ended 9 years ago next week. Most people who hated or liked it have probably just moved on with their lives beyond being upset about who was dead, who was alive, why the smoke monster couldn't swim, and why they never wrote in a scene where Sun and Kate made out.
Yea, zero is still zero. It's HBO so they shouldn't be pandering for ad dollars.
bonfarr
AG

"I want Howland Reed to be Azor Ahai and I want it nooooow!"
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
AustinAg2K
It's funny. Two years ago, I remember there being arguments on here about how the show was better written than the books. People complained GRRM put in too much detail, and D&D got straight to the point. Now, everything has flipped. I don't see anyone praising the show writing anymore.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bonfarr
AG
AustinAg2K said:

It's funny. Two years ago, I remember there being arguments on here about how the show was better written than the books. People complained GRRM put in too much detail, and D&D got straight to the point. Now, everything has flipped. I don't see anyone praising the show writing anymore.

I have just started reading the books and am almost through the first so I can only comment on that book. All of the great dialogue and events in Season 1 were ripped almost verbatim from the book. Every great line from the show originated with Martin. D&D had it easy back then they were probably ****ting themselves when they realized Martin wasn't going to get off his prodigious ass to finish the series.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
wangus12
AG
coastsrs said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Maybe if you kill the Night King, you become the new Night King and Arya and that horse are both dead.

Too bad these writers are POS writers and we have no background on the night king or how he came to be....thats my biggest hate for how these writers just overlooked the NK. So stupid....
Or the fact that they created a Night King which isn't a character in the books at all.
First Page Last Page
Page 371 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.