****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,201 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
La Bamba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So someone explain to me the symbolism behind the white horse? Death or balance of power/wisdom?
agsquirrel97
AG
Quote:

I'm an engineer and the dragon was out of range. Even if the arrow could make it that far, it would take a while to get there. All the dragon would have to do is move/fly out of the way during it's flight. It would be like trying to hit a bird walking on the road with your car.
aTmAg thinks it is impossible for Dany to go mad queen that quick when we have watched him go from the above quote to a puddle of goo that can't talk in coherent sentences in the span of 90 minutes. He has completely melted and I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard.

In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
chipotle
It symbolizes convenience.
aggietony2010
AG
La Bamba said:

So someone explain to me the symbolism behind the white horse? Death or balance of power/wisdom?

Well, I'm not sure what the intent was, but I guarantee there are at least 5 "news" websites working on how it's a symbol of racism.
The Dog Lord
AG
Ranger222 said:

Qyburn's death the best thing about this season so far

It's amazing how everyone is in agreement about that. It was such a quick and essentially minor event, but it was so memorable.
AustinAg2K
They really ruined the entire show for me tonight.
Olsen
AG
The white horse waiting for Arya at the end of the episode may have been warged by Bran.
BenFiasco14
AG
G Martin 87 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Also if that's really how Cersei and Jaime go out that's pure GARBAGE
Why? They came into the world together, and they left the world together. Besides, it was Tyrion's fault. He set Jaime free and told him the escape route.

Because it shat all over Jaimes redemption that's been being developed for years?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Dro07
AG
Did you read that on reddit?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Rode in on a black horse and out on a white... I took it as she's found a new purpose
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

interesting the three biggest naysayers here

C@LAg
PatAg
aTmAg

hmmmmm. all three character "Ag"s

just an observation.
And all 3 of us have Ag tags. Hard to be a sock with that.

Edit: and I guess I have really been playing the long game, since I was asking GoT questions about the books and C@LAg would answer. And I believe we got in arguments about the show a few times.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Rode in on a black horse and out on a white... I took it as she's found a new purpose

House of Black & White?
AustinAg2K
La Bamba said:

Arya is now Gandalf.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

C@LAg
PatAg
aTmAg

just an observation.

I never said "sock"... just like I never said "crazy"... boy you sure do like to make **** up.
Scientific
AG
I havent seen anyone mention this, unless i missed it. What was Varys writing? I think he was going to send a Raven to spread the word about Jon & Dany.
c-jags
Just finally finished it after a delay in the middle.

From a visual , battle, pacing, and wrapping up character lines, that's one of my favorite episodes ever.

That turn pretty much ruined the series as a whole for me. Not venting, screaming, ranting, or raving. I understand it and it's not unexpected at all. Just a disappointment based on my expectations.

Congrats to the director, actors, and effects people. You did a marvelous job and gave one of the best executed episodes of television I've seen. GRRM, you told your story and I hate it. It's not a big deal, but I'm hurting a little inside.
Old Tom Morris
BenFiasco14 said:

G Martin 87 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Why? They came into the world together, and they left the world together. Besides, it was Tyrion's fault. He set Jaime free and told him the escape route.

Because it shat all over Jaimes redemption that's been being developed for years?
I actually like that it wasn't a basic, clean redemption arc. He did essentially redeem himself by abandoning Cersei to fight to defend Winterfell and men, but in the end, was still tragically flawed. Fits
wangus12
AG
Scientific said:

I havent seen anyone mention this, unless i missed it. What was Varys writing? I think he was going to send a Raven to spread the word about Jon & Dany.
Yeah it was about Jon being the true heir to the throne
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

G Martin 87 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

I don't think it shat on it. I think he obtained redemption when he originally left Cersei to fight for the living. That completed his redemption for me. He briefly tried a different life (porking Brienne) but ultimately could not leave behind his one true love, his twin sister, with whom he dies with. I also loved his goodbye with Tyrion. I just wish Cersei suffered more.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PatAg
AG
La Bamba said:

it's a cool shot
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

C@LAg
PatAg
aTmAg

just an observation.

I never said "sock"... just like I never said "crazy"... boy you sure do like to make **** up.

I thought you were implying that we were socks due to the similarity of or names and criticisms.

EXCUSE ME.
The Dog Lord
AG
I think one issue has been that the story was a little more up and down before which made it more realistic. Characters had successes and failures mixed in. Then we had a period with a decent amount of successes followed by a period with several mistakes. It felt like a lot of plot armor with the successes and inconsistency with the characters' pasts with the mistakes.
Olsen
AG
La Bamba said:

It's Bran Stark.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Scientific said:

yes the words were all about the true heir to the throne - so about Jon basically.

no clue if he got any ravens off. h burned the last one we saw anyway. not sure if there were others.

La Bamba
AG
PatAg said:

La Bamba said:

it's a cool shot

I mean everything is in ashes, burned, and out of nowhere a beautiful pristine white stallion is just chillin. Ummm, dafuq?
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

C@LAg
PatAg
aTmAg

just an observation.

So your observation is that on a site dedicated to Texas A&M, there are 3 people with "Ag" in there name. Great detective work.
Eso si, Que es
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

C@LAg
PatAg
aTmAg

just an observation.
Would you say it would be harder than shooting a stationary dragon sitting on the ground with a ballista or just normal hard like fighting off a half million zombies for 88 minutes straight?

Or as easy as getting upset when your BFF gets beheaded in front of you?
TyHolden
AG
AustinAg2K said:

La Bamba said:

Arya is now Gandalf.

this makes more sense than most of what I've reas on here tonight
aggietony2010
AG
c-jags said:

Just finally finished it after a delay in the middle.

From a visual , battle, pacing, and wrapping up character lines, that's one of my favorite episodes ever.

That turn pretty much ruined the series as a whole for me. Not venting, screaming, ranting, or raving. I understand it and it's not unexpected at all. Just a disappointment based on my expectations.

Congrats to the director, actors, and effects people. You did a marvelous job and gave one of the best executed episodes of television I've seen. GRRM, you told your story and I hate it. It's not a big deal, but I'm hurting a little inside.

Go away. This is the house of black and white. Your calm, reasonable response to this episode is not welcome here.
Gradaggie05
AG
So are the poisoned chick's body and her mom still hanging out down in the sub basement? Next to the nun? There's going to be some questions when Kings landing Search and Rescue finally dig them out.
Old Tom Morris
That horse was like, "is it hot in here or what?"

Ginormus Ag
AG
I'm his fat sock.
Username checks out.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
La Bamba said:

PatAg said:

La Bamba said:

it's a cool shot

I mean everything is in ashes, burned, and out of nowhere a beautiful pristine white stallion is just chillin. Ummm, dafuq?

This was explained earlier, the horse is Shadowfax.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PatAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

C@LAg
PatAg
aTmAg

just an observation.

So your observation is that on a site dedicated to Texas A&M, there are 3 people with "Ag" in there name. Great detective work.

*their

sometimes observations are just observations.

sometimes grammar corrections are just for fun.

AustinAg2K
Why would anyone support Jon now, too? If there is a 50/50 chance he has a kid who kills millions, why take the chance? Kill them both.
First Page Last Page
Page 321 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.