****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,420 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
smokeythebear said:

I didn't say anything about you personally. I like you as a poster and you have lots of good input!
lol it was a joke. That's a scene from Shawshank when Andy calls the prison boss 'obtuse'
bobinator
AG
My theory I talked about last week about this being the 'final timeline' where everything finally falls into place could play into this. The events around the mad king set in motion everything that's happened in this show, but if the mad king himself were originally the product of some time-meddling by Bran, then he still has to do it in order to complete the loop.

I don't know what exactly that would look like on the show, but the 'Bran caused the mad king' stuff has stuck with me for a long time.
The Debt
Let's all contemplate on the stunning failure of Intel for Dany. She has varys, master of whispers, who lost a lot of his network but not all. She has sansa, littlefingers protege. And she has the all-seeing Bran.

And no one, I repeat "no one" has assessed cercies forces other than "the golden company came over from essos." No ideas where the iron fleet is. No ideas about the scorpions. Hell I'm half rooting for Cersie to have a red wedding moment inside Danys camp.
bangobango
AG
chase128 said:

Do you think Bran cares about the fate of his family?
No, not really.

Again, he's been portrayed as losing all his humanity.

Maybe he's not lost all of it and he hangs on to a little bit of it, ala Arya and the training with the faceless men, but we've not seen him really make that stand yet. Remember Arya saying "A girl is Arya Stark and my home is Winterfell" or something like that (never mind she just abandoned her home and said she's never coming back).

Maybe that happens for Bran in the next episode and he does something like that to help out, but it's not happened yet. Rather, he's repeatedly told people he's not really human anymore. (he should be tangled up in a weirwood with the tree growing through him by now if the NK didn't burn it down).
wangus12
AG
Quote:

I'd be shocked if Bran has any involvement in the war with Cersei. I don't think the 3 eyed raven cares who sits on the iron throne, and they've gone out of their way to remind us that he's not really Bran anymore, so he doesn't really have any allegiance to Jon or the Starks.
So what your saying is that Bran doesn't want the throne?

Brandon Stark rules Westeros confirmed
bobinator
AG
I mean they don't have to be like full on ticking bombs. They also don't really need to cause an explosion, just a fire would do the trick.
bangobango
AG
bobinator said:

Do we know that for sure, or was that just his main concern previously? Presumably now that that's done he has to do something right?
I don't know anything for sure right now. They're straight up ignoring things that they've said or done in past seasons and from the books, so I could see them doing it, I just don't think they will and I don't think they've really set it up very well if they do.
WhoopN06
Has anyone read the spoilers?

{I'd suggest opening up a second thread with a new title that mentions that spoilers will be discussed - thanks, staff}
bangobango
AG
WhoopN06 said:

Has anyone read the spoilers? If so what did you think of the ending? Positive or negative.
No, no, no. Don't do that.
chase128
AG
I think that's fair. Even last season, him helping Sansa and Arya end LF could be seen as just making sure the North was united to fight the night king.

Personally, I'm going to be disappointed if Bran has nothing left to contribute the last two episodes.
c-jags
WhoopN06 said:

Has anyone read the spoilers? If so what did you think of the ending? Positive or negative.

ETA: would a separate thread be acceptable? Because I would like to discuss them but absolutely do not want to ruin anything for anybody else under any circumstances.
bobinator
AG
I think it depends on how they set it up. Presumably Bran doesn't care about small picture stuff... but if there were going to be some kind of world-changing event (like blowing up all the wildfire under King's Landing or something) then that might be big enough for him to get involved.
aggietoombs01
WhoopN06 said:

Nope. I did for season 6 and regretted that decision.
WhoopN06
See c-jags response. That's all I was asking for. I can read the spoilers myself if i want to know. Do not need a summary here.
WhoopN06
Probably best. I have a feeling i'm going to read them so you might as well start a thread.
Liquid Wrench
Please, let's have no mention of the alleged spoilers/leaks here.

I'm already tip-toeing around the internet. There's only TWO episodes left; we can wait until it's over to look back and see what they said and if they were correct.
c-jags
Cool. I'll format it to be safe after lunch.

I just want to be respectful to everybody, but give those of us who like spoilers a place to talk and not affect anybody's viewing.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
c-jags said:

WhoopN06 said:

ETA: would a separate thread be acceptable? Because I would like to discuss them but absolutely do not want to ruin anything for anybody else under any circumstances.

why not go discuss them where they are spoiled - i'm assuming reddit. it is a discussion board.

i'd rather not have them here at all.

at most start a thread heavily WARNED about spoilers pointing to them on reddit. then people stumbling across it don't even see it and can choose not go there.
digital_ag
AG
The "what if Bran" has been a ray of light in this thread.

Like what if Cersei wins and Bran lives out his days getting birds to poop on her head all day. Might be worth.
c-jags
Zombie Jon Snow said:

c-jags said:

WhoopN06 said:

why not go discuss them where they are spoiled - i'm assuming reddit. it is a discussion board.

at most start a thread heavily WARNED about spoilers pointing to them on reddit. then people stumbling across it don't even see it and can choose not go there.

Because TexAgs is just about the most civil form of social media I know of where a decent conversation could be had. Reddit is a cesspool. Go look at the tigerdroppings TV board. It's a s-show.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
No spoilers!!!

I'm Jon Snow after all....

I prefer to charge headlong into a thing with no preparation and no real plan.

It always works out for me.....right???
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anybody that reads spoilers - please stay in the spoiler thread and don't come on here to influence discussions or try to throw out "clues".

Not trying to be the internet police, but it would be awesome to not have to worry about who's theories sound a little suspect.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think we can universally agree that the majority of people on TexAgs are way too dumb to be able to avoid a spoiler thread. Please don't make one.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
c-jags said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

c-jags said:

WhoopN06 said:

Because TexAgs is just about the most civil form of social media I know of where a decent conversation could be had. Reddit is a cesspool. Go look at the tigerdroppings TV board. It's a s-show.

I don't visit other boards but ok...... wait... THIS is civil???? holy hell.

still i'm against it but i can't stop you.
CFTXAG10
AG
bobinator said:

I think it depends on how they set it up. Presumably Bran doesn't care about small picture stuff... but if there were going to be some kind of world-changing event (like blowing up all the wildfire under King's Landing or something) then that might be big enough for him to get involved.
That is an excellent point. Hadn't thought about that. This along with what ZJS said about the mad king theory would be acceptable ways for Bran to interject. Ive just grown not to expect much from him due to his 3ER mentality.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Historically - have Reddit spoilers been accurate ? I read some for Ep 5 and 6 - but will not repeat them here.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
c-jags said:

When did Baton Rouge get a TV?
CFTXAG10
AG

Quote:

aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

c-jags said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

c-jags said:

WhoopN06 said:

Reddit sucks for discussion. The posts are in a tree view that after a few layers deep are hidden unless you click the plus sign. So you end up discussing with one guy (because he alone is notified you posted) or having to copy and paste your responses over and over again to multiple people.

TexAgs is way better because everybody can easily see everybody elses's post. Even if they weren't responding to you.
bobinator
AG
The conversation on here is mostly really good compared to everywhere else, that's why I like it. For the most part it's about the right number of people to have good theory conversations and whatnot without getting buried under mountains of crap.
c-jags
Zombie Jon Snow said:

c-jags said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

c-jags said:

WhoopN06 said:

TexAgs is incredibly civil. Go spend some time on surlyhorns or tigerdroppings and you'll realize what a difference Brandon's moderation makes. Limiting profanity, name calling, and personal attacks makes a difference. We can all complain about TA moderation but it's done to make for a better dialogue.

There's 20 active threads on TD right now about GoT. 4 are spoilers and 16 are people trying to outdo how much they hate GoT season 8.
bobinator
AG
The Mad King scenes spliced into this vision that Bran had has always stuck with me. Most everything else that Bran sees is stuff that happened during the show. Two notable exceptions are the mad king and a dragon flying over King's Landing. (Which could be about to happen.)

So I've been of the mind that there has to be something there. But I don't really have a grand unifying theory of how it would work exactly.
Liquid Wrench
Marcus Aurelius said:

Historically - have Reddit spoilers been accurate ? I read some for Ep 5 and 6 - but will not repeat them here.
Yes, I think it was actually a news story about it one season. Hence, Spinner's comment about not wanting them seeping into this thread as "predictions" or "theories."

I avoid that crap like the plague, but see comments on other boards about things turning out to be true.

I'm not always the biggest spoiler Nazi here, but I think it's easy enough to hold off for two more episodes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh ***** What if Bran only saw those 2 visions because they are in fact things in HIS own future?

ie. He actually does enter the Mad King's mind, and he is warging the dragon flying over KL?
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

There's 20 active threads on TD right now about GoT.
It's utterly unreadable at this point. Other boards can be fun some times due to more relaxed rules about profanity and topics, but it's ridiculous to have people starting individual threads for every single gripe or thought that pops into their heads.

And like Zombie said, we could go to r/freefolk if we wanted uncensored spoilers talk.
First Page Last Page
Page 293 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.