****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,385 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Joseph Parrish said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I don't mind the character love stuff. The show is ending. There can't be fighting, deception, and lies in every single scene y'all. That just not a real thing that happens.

Neither is not destroying your greatest threat when it's right in front of you like the ending scene. That's just not s real thing that happens.
I thought it was pretty clear they intended for Drogon to be out of range. It's basically a mexican standoff. Anyone makes a move and it's probably mutual annihilation

No it wasn't clear a thing all after sniping Rhaegal from a ridiculous distance behind Dragonstone....and even if you assume that...Dany was damn sure in range.
Euron most of been swinging his scorpion, thus bending the bolt around Dragonstone and into Rhaegal. Just like Angelina Jolie in Wanted
Bunk Moreland
MBAR said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Charlie Conway said:

Bron being an ******* to Jaime and Tyrion made no sense. He's be friendly and cordial with them this whole time and then all of a sudden he's a ****ing dick to them. His character is a sell sword, has always been that way. If he wants to kill one of them find, but to him it's always been about the money. It makes no sense for him to waltz in and be an ******* to them.

Jamie spent 7+ seasons redeeming his character, he's always been my favorite, trying to do what he thought was best as a knight faced with really tough decisions, and then tonight he just leaves to go back to Cersei after everything he's seen and done. They cut back his character arc with a machete.

I won't touch the not seeing a fleet of ships behind a cliff while you're flying through the ****ing sky on a dragon.
Why is everyone assuming Jamie's going to be "back" with Cersei? When he said he was a hateful person I took it to mean he hated HIMSELF for what he had done for Cersei, and it's his intention to redeem himself.

Side note, blech, brienne was a very ugly crier
At first when I read your post I thought you were flat out wrong but that's a fair point. I might be misreading his reaction and intentions. It could go either way. Guess we'll find out.

Wait... People actually took that to think he's going back to Cersei? Cmon. That'd be literally the dumbest of all storylines.
Icecream_Ag
S
tag8 said:

Anyone think that Euron looked entirely too surprised in the trailer for next week?
dragon armor.?
AtlAg05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Alright, I'm ready to call it. No more Howland Reed.

Eating three eyed crow.

He's the new prince of Dorne.
PatAg
AG
aTmAg said:

Does the book go into the "don't kill all the civilians" stuff as much as the show? Seems like they are going way too 21st century on that sentiment. Back in the days prior to laser guided bombs and stuff, they had no choice than to waste the entire city. Hell as recetnly as 80 years ago we'd go Dresden on an entire city because we didn't have the ability to do pinpoint attacks.
I think the book, and show, both give you the reason Jaime got dubbed the Kingslayer was because the Mad King was about to burn the whole city rather than lose it. He had also previous burnt the two Starks alive...or burnt one while the other hanged I think.

Dany has started to show the tendency to make pretty crazy decisions along those lines, hence Tyrion and Varys being worried.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bobinator said:

It's not about the explanation, but Sansa and Arya's reaction to it. They could have even cut away and come back, but this was a massive moment for the four Starks, characters we've known since the very first episode, and also possibly the last time they're all together, and we didn't get to see it.

but you did see it. You saw Sansa's emotional response to it - Tyrion saying he's never been a Stark and her tearing up and then obviously telling Tyrion. And Arya's response was getting out of there on here own to do what she does best - but she never would have had a real emotional response to it anyway (she barely reacted to Gendry).

bobinator
AG
'Not killing civilians' is definitely not a 21st century thing. If anything, willingly killing civilians was a 19th/20th century thing. It wasn't really a thing before that.
MBAR
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

MBAR said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Charlie Conway said:

Bron being an ******* to Jaime and Tyrion made no sense. He's be friendly and cordial with them this whole time and then all of a sudden he's a ****ing dick to them. His character is a sell sword, has always been that way. If he wants to kill one of them find, but to him it's always been about the money. It makes no sense for him to waltz in and be an ******* to them.

Jamie spent 7+ seasons redeeming his character, he's always been my favorite, trying to do what he thought was best as a knight faced with really tough decisions, and then tonight he just leaves to go back to Cersei after everything he's seen and done. They cut back his character arc with a machete.

I won't touch the not seeing a fleet of ships behind a cliff while you're flying through the ****ing sky on a dragon.
Why is everyone assuming Jamie's going to be "back" with Cersei? When he said he was a hateful person I took it to mean he hated HIMSELF for what he had done for Cersei, and it's his intention to redeem himself.

At first when I read your post I thought you were flat out wrong but that's a fair point. I might be misreading his reaction and intentions. It could go either way. Guess we'll find out.

Wait... People actually took that to think he's going back to Cersei? Cmon. That'd be literally the dumbest of all storylines.
He's literally always gone back to her.
Liquid Wrench
Bunk Moreland said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Question though...is there a reason Cersei wouldn't just kill all of them right there??

No. Which means it's crap writing. Cersei would take that opportunity every day and twice on Sundays.

Also, Clay Travis just made a good point on his post shoe periscope... Bran is a ****ing 3ER. Why is he not going and researching **** so they can avoid stuff like the ambush.
Bran is the Three Eyed Raven, not a military asset for whomever Jon is allied with.

Bran is probably never leaving Winterfell again unless it's to go North to the other Godswood.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Alright, I'm ready to call it. No more Howland Reed.

Eating three eyed crow.

Yep. not necessary now. the only reason it might have been was if Dany needed proof but she didn't. She believes it. Appeared to me that the dragon riding was the clincher for her (her reaction after the battle in the hall).

DannyDuberstein
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Well, then clear to anyone with a lick of sense.

You should study physics buddy. Those castles walls are not a mile tall. They were damn sure in range. And they just showed you the range of the weapon in the previous scene. Drop the insults.
Sorry for utilizing common sense regarding the intent of having the dragon so far back. Back to your dazzling book smarts.
Joseph Parrish
AG
bobinator said:

Drogon was pretty clearly intended to be out of range, otherwise he'd have been right beside Dany. You don't need to study physics to see that's clearly what they were going for.

Intended doesn't matter if they mess it up and put him as close as they did during the episode.
bobinator
AG
But we didn't see their reaction to Jon himself. Thats a scene I'd have loved to see, especially given Arya and Jon's relationship.
PatAg
AG
MBAR said:

Bunk Moreland said:

MBAR said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Charlie Conway said:

Except that his character has experienced all this growth throughout the course of the show. I don't think he is going back just to "be with her". They intentionally gave him the lines they did to keep it uncertain, of course
Joseph Parrish
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Joseph Parrish said:

DannyDuberstein said:

You should study physics buddy. Those castles walls are not a mile tall. They were damn sure in range. And they just showed you the range of the weapon in the previous scene. Drop the insults.
Sorry for utilizing common sense

You clearly ignored the previous scene where Rhaegal was sniped from across the bay.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

What is wrong with some of you??? That **** was awesome.
Said the same thing to my wife... oh well...

And anyone think Euron is going to turn sides or at least abondon Cersei now that Tyrion mentioned her baby? Euron ain't dumb and he'll figure out "uhm, how does Tyrion know about our baby? You haven't talked to him since the Dragonpit Summit, and we had t had sex yet... oh... I see.... peace!"
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

MBAR said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Charlie Conway said:

I think he does - but he intends to kill her. He can tell her he fought for the living and that battle is over and beg forgiveness.

she couldn't kill Tyrion twice now when she had the chance - she ain't gonna kill Jamie.
MBAR
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

DannyDuberstein said:

What has studying physics told you about the ability of dragons to breathe fire and fly?
LPHA
AG
c-jags said:

Humorous Username said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

OMG is Jaime going to bang Brienne?

According to the spoilers, yes.

last season we had boatsex. This season we have oathsex

Oaths and Hoes
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bobinator said:

But we didn't see their reaction to Jon himself. Thats a scene I'd have loved to see, especially given Arya and Jon's relationship.

jon didn't even tell them. Bran did.
MBAR
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Bunk Moreland said:

MBAR said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Charlie Conway said:

I think he does - but he intends to kill her. He can tell her he fought for the living and that battle is over and beg forgiveness.

she couldn't kill Tyrion twice now when she had the chance - she ain't gonna kill Jamie.
He's got a kid with her coming, so I'm not so sure he intends to kill her.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
I think this episode all but confirmed that Dany is going to die. They're slowly building up to it by slowly eliminating all those who are loyal to her and emphasizing her questionable claim to the throne. She's lost the Dothraki, majority of the Unsullied, Jorah, and Missandei (Grey Worm likely to follow). Plus she's lost two dragons, and at this rate probably three dragons in no short time given the way she utilizes them. Also as others have stated, she's also becoming to resemble her father the Mad King.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bobinator said:

It's not about the explanation, but Sansa and Arya's reaction to it. They could have even cut away and come back, but this was a massive moment for the four Starks, characters we've known since the very first episode, and also possibly the last time they're all together, and we didn't get to see it.

but you did see it. You saw Sansa's emotional response to it - Tyrion saying he's never been a Stark and her tearing up and then obviously telling Tyrion. And Arya's response was getting out of there on here own to do what she does best - but she never would have had a real emotional response to it anyway (she barely reacted to Gendry).

He is still half Stark which is the same amount he was thought he was anyways so you'd at least kinda want to see the kids reassure him of it.
gigemJTH12
AG
tag8 said:

Anyone think that Euron looked entirely too surprised in the trailer for next week?

Same here. Said that to my friends as soon as it happened.
MBAR
AG
PatAg said:

MBAR said:

Bunk Moreland said:

MBAR said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Charlie Conway said:

Except that his character has experienced all this growth throughout the course of the show. I don't think he is going back just to "be with her". They intentionally gave him the lines they did to keep it uncertain, of course

He's got a kid with her coming, though. And while he's shown some growth, there's no reason to say he can't backslide. Not everyone on this show is going to end up a good person and that's a GOOD thing. This show has always blurred the lines between good and evil and not made it black and white.

There's no reason to expect a ful redemption for the guy who ended the first episode tossing a kid out the window. Maybe it happens, but maybe it doesn't.
Fenrir
I still have some complaints (minor-ish compared to last week) but seeing varys and Tyrion at their best in probably 4 years was worth it. Two of the shows best characters got significant time so I'll call it a win.
bobinator
AG
Does that matter? They were still all together. I just think that would have been an important scene to see from a character standpoint. How does Sansa react, how does Arya react, etc.

But that's just one example of a thing that's been bothering me a little all season. We see characters that are about to have a tough/awkward/emotional conversation and then it cuts away.
MBAR
AG
bobinator said:

Does that matter? They were still all together. I just think that would have been an important scene to see from a character standpoint. How does Sansa react, how does Arya react, etc.

But that's just one example of a thing that's been bothering me a little all season. We see characters that are about to have a tough/awkward/emotional conversation and then it cuts away.
IMO this one was probably the worst cut away of them all.
AtlAg05
AG
In this episode Tyrion suggested the talk with Cersei, which lead to the dragon death and missendi(sp?). Not sure he'll be on Dany's good list next week.
aTmAg
AG
PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

Does the book go into the "don't kill all the civilians" stuff as much as the show? Seems like they are going way too 21st century on that sentiment. Back in the days prior to laser guided bombs and stuff, they had no choice than to waste the entire city. Hell as recetnly as 80 years ago we'd go Dresden on an entire city because we didn't have the ability to do pinpoint attacks.
I think the book, and show, both give you the reason Jaime got dubbed the Kingslayer was because the Mad King was about to burn the whole city rather than lose it. He had also previous burnt the two Starks alive...or burnt one while the other hanged I think.
I don't have any issues with the whole kingslayer part of the story. That makes 100% sense to me.

Quote:

Dany has started to show the tendency to make pretty crazy decisions along those lines, hence Tyrion and Varys being worried.
This is the part I disagree with. What crazy has she done? Smoking the Tarlys? That was NOTHING. Making an example of them is way better than executing the entire army. When you don't have the technology that we have today and you need to defeat a king in a city, you have to take out the entire city. That's the way things typically had to be done back then since anything less would result in your annihilation later.

The problem is that Tyrion and Vary's seem to be living in 21st century. If they LGBs or even a good sniper rifle, then the Cersei problem would have been resolved a long time ago without much bloodshed. But that's not their reality. They are in a reality where you gotta march entire armies into cities and whatnot.
PatAg
AG
MBAR said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Bunk Moreland said:

MBAR said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Charlie Conway said:

I don't know that he intends to kill her, but I think it ends up happening.
wangus12
AG
I think they are showing Dany cracking pretty obviously just via Emilia's facial expressions.
PatAg
AG
aTmAg said:

PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

I don't have any issues with the whole kingslayer part of the story. That makes 100% sense to me.

Quote:

This is the part I disagree with. What crazy has she done? Smoking the Tarlys? That was NOTHING. Making an example of them is way better than executing the entire army. When you don't have the technology that we have today and you need to defeat a king in a city, you have to take out the entire city. That's the way things typically had to be done back then since anything less would result in your annihilation later.

The problem is that Tyrion and Vary's seem to be living in 21st century. If they LGBs or even a good sniper rifle, then the Cersei problem would have been resolved a long time ago without much bloodshed. But that's not their reality. They are in a reality where you gotta march entire armies into cities and whatnot.
Except that the Night's Watch exists for this purpose. Both of her advisors were even telling her to do this. The show starts immediately after a rebellion, where they take over King's Landing without taking out the entire city. We are even told this in the show.
MBAR
AG
PatAg said:

MBAR said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Bunk Moreland said:

MBAR said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Charlie Conway said:

I don't know that he intends to kill her, but I think it ends up happening.
We have the prophecy and all but we've also seen how the show has handled prophecies so far.

For me, all bets are off. Almost everything is plausible, but I'm not sure what is probable at this point. I oculd see the show going in every direction.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Best lines though:

"Which one of you cowards **** in my pants?" --Tormund

"I've never slept with a knight before" --Jamie

"I'm happy that you finally had to climb for it" --Tyrion

"If anyone offered me money to kill you, you'd pay double....What's double Riverrun?" --Bronn

"Gonna leave me to die again if I get hurt?" --Hound
"Probably" --Arya

"you weigh as much as two fleas ****ing" --Tormund
First Page Last Page
Page 249 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.