****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,612 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MBAR said:

spag.ag2003 said:

aTmAg said:

MBAR said:

Champ Bailey said:

Scientific said:

I did enjoy this episode more. If people are complaining it's only because it keeps layering on the fan service & by now this season will be viewed as the worst one.

My only major gripe is the cut off of Jon's revelation. We were all waiting to see what the reaction would be from the girls.

This season is hands down better than season 5 so far.
Not only that they have to end ***** They can't just keep plodding along like a show such as the Walking Dead. At some point you have to finish the story and its obvious GRRM isn't interested i doing it.
I think GRRM wrote himself into a corner and is glad to cash paychecks watching HBO try to get out of it.
I think GRRM wants to finish the books much more than anyone on this thread wants to read them. I absolutely agree he wrote himself into a corner and is feeling immense pressure to deliver something great and the anxiety is too big for him to overcome at this time. I absolutely disagree that it's laziness and he doesn't care enough to tell his story. Hope he does.
No one said it was laziness. He's writing a lot these days, and even in the same universe, but its clear as day this dude has no intention of finishing Winds of Winter.
A lot of writers work in this way. They don't stop having ideas, but those ideas dont always fit with the story they are currently working on. I believe Sanderson has said he operates that way.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Small complaint, but I do wish we had gotten to see Arya and Sansas reaction to Jon's news
MBAR
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Bron being an ******* to Jaime and Tyrion made no sense. He's be friendly and cordial with them this whole time and then all of a sudden he's a ****ing dick to them. His character is a sell sword, has always been that way. If he wants to kill one of them find, but to him it's always been about the money. It makes no sense for him to waltz in and be an ******* to them.

Jamie spent 7+ seasons redeeming his character, he's always been my favorite, trying to do what he thought was best as a knight faced with really tough decisions, and then tonight he just leaves to go back to Cersei after everything he's seen and done. They cut back his character arc with a machete.

I won't touch the not seeing a fleet of ships behind a cliff while you're flying through the ****ing sky on a dragon.
Jamie literaly gave you the exposition on why he is who he is. THEY LITERALLY SPOKE IT OUTLOUD. He's had a bit of a redemption arc, but he's not a good person.

Bron was being who he's always been.
aTmAg
AG
spag.ag2003 said:

aTmAg said:

MBAR said:

Champ Bailey said:

Scientific said:

I did enjoy this episode more. If people are complaining it's only because it keeps layering on the fan service & by now this season will be viewed as the worst one.

My only major gripe is the cut off of Jon's revelation. We were all waiting to see what the reaction would be from the girls.

This season is hands down better than season 5 so far.
Not only that they have to end ***** They can't just keep plodding along like a show such as the Walking Dead. At some point you have to finish the story and its obvious GRRM isn't interested i doing it.
I think GRRM wrote himself into a corner and is glad to cash paychecks watching HBO try to get out of it.
I think GRRM wants to finish the books much more than anyone on this thread wants to read them. I absolutely agree he wrote himself into a corner and is feeling immense pressure to deliver something great and the anxiety is too big for him to overcome at this time. I absolutely disagree that it's laziness and he doesn't care enough to tell his story. Hope he does.
Wasn't he writing a new book every 2 years or so? Then suddenly nothing? I see that the last 2 books were released 5 and 6 years later respectively, but I understand he wrote that originally as one big ass book that was later edited into 2 books.

I think he is done.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
gigemJTH12
AG
bobinator said:

A non plot thing that bothers me this season is how often we're about to get a scene with two characters discussing something important and then it cuts away.

Like, after all that, we didn't get to actually see Sansa and Arya learn about Jon. That's a critical moment in the relationship of the four Starks, and we didn't get to see it.

Yet if we had, people would be complaining about the authenticity of their reaction
DannyDuberstein
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I don't mind the character love stuff. The show is ending. There can't be fighting, deception, and lies in every single scene y'all. That just not a real thing that happens.

Neither is not destroying your greatest threat when it's right in front of you like the ending scene. That's just not s real thing that happens.
I thought it was pretty clear they intended for Drogon to be out of range. It's basically a mexican standoff. Anyone makes a move and it's probably mutual annihilation
wangus12
AG
bobinator said:

A non plot thing that bothers me this season is how often we're about to get a scene with two characters discussing something important and then it cuts away.

Like, after all that, we didn't get to actually see Sansa and Arya learn about Jon. That's a critical moment in the relationship of the four Starks, and we didn't get to see it.
Agreed. That is a huge moment for the Stark family and we need to know how the girls took it. Sansa already seems to want to put Jon on the throne. How did Arya handle it. They were so close as kids. Is it still that way or she just a ***** to everyone now
aggiejim70
AG
Great minds think alike.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The first guaranteed survivor of Game of Thrones. Because they can't afford him in the budget
reb,
AG
wangus12 said:

I feel like its kinda obvious that if they make Dany go full mad queen then she is as good as dead.
I think you are right that the attack comes at night. The scorpions have done all they are going to do in this series. They can't aim in the dark so hitting a moving target is just not happening because they'd have to fire into the dark blind.

But I don't see why shes full "mad queen". Shes pissed off, sure. But that is entirely rational anger...her dear friend and her child/dragon dying in front of her gives her motivation to finish killing cersei, sure. What counts as "mad queen" though? Does she take Missandei saying dracarys to push her over the edge into killing peasants by the hundreds on the back of Drogon? That would be insane for her and then I'd agree.
DannyDuberstein
AG
How many times do we need to see it explained that Jon is Aegon? I was fine with them sparing us that explanation again
bobinator
AG
She wants to bait Dany into attacking and wiping out her exhausted and depleted army, not kill her and have Jon/Sansa pull them all back and regroup in the North for a war down the road.

I actually think this is pretty obvious with how she killed Missandei.

Cersei, probably rightfully, thinks her best chance to win is to fight as soon as possible, especially if she can get Dany to attack her fortified position.

I do agree that it's not at all clear that this is the plan though.
BenFiasco14
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Bron being an ******* to Jaime and Tyrion made no sense. He's be friendly and cordial with them this whole time and then all of a sudden he's a ****ing dick to them. His character is a sell sword, has always been that way. If he wants to kill one of them find, but to him it's always been about the money. It makes no sense for him to waltz in and be an ******* to them.

Jamie spent 7+ seasons redeeming his character, he's always been my favorite, trying to do what he thought was best as a knight faced with really tough decisions, and then tonight he just leaves to go back to Cersei after everything he's seen and done. They cut back his character arc with a machete.

I won't touch the not seeing a fleet of ships behind a cliff while you're flying through the ****ing sky on a dragon.
Why is everyone assuming Jamie's going to be "back" with Cersei? When he said he was a hateful person I took it to mean he hated HIMSELF for what he had done for Cersei, and it's his intention to redeem himself.

Side note, blech, brienne was a very ugly crier
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Joseph Parrish
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Joseph Parrish said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I don't mind the character love stuff. The show is ending. There can't be fighting, deception, and lies in every single scene y'all. That just not a real thing that happens.

Neither is not destroying your greatest threat when it's right in front of you like the ending scene. That's just not s real thing that happens.
I thought it was pretty clear they intended for Drogon to be out of range. It's basically a mexican standoff. Anyone makes a move and it's probably mutual annihilation

No it wasn't clear a thing all after sniping Rhaegal from a ridiculous distance behind Dragonstone....and even if you assume that...Dany was damn sure in range.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Pignorant said:

Tyrion knowing about Cersei's baby should tip off Euron that it is not his child.

Because Tyrion left KL well before Euron arrived.
Exactly my thought.
bobinator
AG
It's not about the explanation, but Sansa and Arya's reaction to it. They could have even cut away and come back, but this was a massive moment for the four Starks, characters we've known since the very first episode, and also possibly the last time they're all together, and we didn't get to see it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Well, then clear to anyone with a lick of sense. Sorry it wasn't far enough for your perspective, but that obviously seemed to be the intent in having him positioned way back.
gigemJTH12
AG
wangus12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The first guaranteed survivor of Game of Thrones. Because they can't afford him in the budget

He is Tormunds now. And no WAY Tormund is gone for good.

Ghost isn't done.
n_touch

Quote:

Why is everyone assuming Jamie's going to be "back" with Cersei? When he said he was a hateful person I took it to mean he hated HIMSELF for what he had done for Cersei, and it's his intention to redeem himself.
I agree with this
Joseph Parrish
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Well, then clear to anyone with a lick of sense.

You should study physics buddy. Those castles walls are not a mile tall. They were damn sure in range. And they just showed you the range of the weapon in the previous scene. Drop the insults.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My boy Gendry got shot down harder than Rhaegal.

Lifting lines from reddit, I see.
Charlie Conway
so 15 seconds of exposition is good enough for you to cancel out 7 years of character building
Bunk Moreland
StringerBell said:

Danys ego will be the death of her. And it's gonna happen soon.

She should have listened and taken a damn break but she was too threatened by Sansa

Nah, I think they're swerving. Everyone else is getting protected sendoffs and she will too.

I think now she ultimately sacrifices herself and dies a hero leaving the throne for Jon.

tag8
AG
Anyone think that Euron looked entirely too surprised in the trailer for next week?
MBAR
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Charlie Conway said:

Side note, blech, brienne was a very ugly crier
At first when I read your post I thought you were flat out wrong but that's a fair point. I might be misreading his reaction and intentions. It could go either way. Guess we'll find out.
wangus12
AG
n_touch said:

Quote:

I agree with this
Thats what I'm hoping for
BenFiasco14
AG
Also I'm extremely confident that GRRM will never release Winds, let alone a dream of spring.

Almost poop slap level confident.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DannyDuberstein
AG
it is clear that Jamie is going back to kill/stop Cersei because he hates her. Any dolt would have understood what he meant there. Have to be sub-dolt to not pick up what he meant
Cappo
AG
so much *****ing
aTmAg
AG
Does the book go into the "don't kill all the civilians" stuff as much as the show? Seems like they are going way too 21st century on that sentiment. Back in the days prior to laser guided bombs and stuff, they had no choice than to waste the entire city. Hell as recently as 80 years ago we'd go Dresden on an entire city because we didn't have the ability to do pinpoint attacks.
MBAR
AG
Charlie Conway said:

so 15 seconds of exposition is good enough for you to cancel out 7 years of character building
Everything he spoke about was in those 7 years.
Brock Sampson
AG
Euron is a real piece of work. Hate that guy
bobinator
AG
Drogon was pretty clearly intended to be out of range, otherwise he'd have been right beside Dany. You don't need to study physics to see that's clearly what they were going for.
aTmAg
AG
wangus12 said:

n_touch said:

Quote:

I agree with this
Thats what I'm hoping for
Cersei sent Bronn to kill him. Surely he doesn't think she was just joking around?
First Page Last Page
Page 248 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.