****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,724 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Or to make it Games of Thrones, "like Sam would look at a rasher of bacon, still sizzling, grease popping, with a bowl of boiled brown eggs, and the little salty fish crisped and blackened".
All I can think about is Eminem singing that line to the beat from Lose Yourself
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Page two.
Carlo4
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Zombie John Snow

As someone who has binged watched this summer...

Edit for being an idiot.
agsquirrel97
AG
Urban Ag
AG
Wait! Page two and no rules yet? We have to have rules.

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Can we talk about the books and how Howland Reed is important in this thread?

Asking for a friend

See y'all in 7 pages
Only reason to have him now is to legitimize, because he was there, what Leanne and thus Bran said that Jon was Aegon. Sam has the proof that they married. Howland would say Jon is Leanne's. This would only be necessary if some question Brans ability.

Although I have questioned if Howland has more connection to the Children of the Forest and can somehow help the upcoming battle.
mazzag
LeonardSkinner
Maybe asked and answered already...

What was Ned's play or goal? He had an heir to the Targaryen house in his castle for the entirety of Robert's rule. Probably knew that the reason for the rebellion was wrong. Objected to the assassination attempt on Dany.

Or was he simply protecting his nephew?
JCRiley09
AG
Protecting his nephew. He let him go to the wall and I doubt the plan at the time was for him to die, be resurrected, and then fight for the iron throne.
Liquid Wrench
Ned was going to tell Jon about his mother when they saw each other again. Plans got interrupted.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Do you think Ned would have tried to put AeJon on the throne after Robert was killed, had LF not betrayed him? I'm curious what his plan was before everything went to **** and he lost his head. Would he have considered AeJon his trump card so to speak?
wangus12
AG
No. I think he would have just protected him.
Al Bula
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Do you think Ned would have tried to put AeJon on the throne after Robert was killed, had LF not betrayed him? I'm curious what his plan was before everything went to **** and he lost his head. Would he have considered AeJon his trump card so to speak?
nope.
chipotle

Stannis was still alive
schmidthead
In hindsight I think it's fairly obvious that one of Ned's unspoken objections to killing Dany was the fact he was also harboring a Targaryen and also didn't want to kill said Targaryen's aunt (also honor).
Liquid Wrench
I think Ned would have objected to assassination period. He who swings the sword, or whatever.
schmidthead
True: but I feel he wouldn't be quite as adamant with others but will still be conflicted. Obviously this is all pure conjecture and can never be verified.
marble rye
AG
aggie kid said:

What was Ned's play or goal? He had an heir to the Targaryen house in his castle for the entirety of Robert's rule. Probably knew that the reason for the rebellion was wrong. Objected to the assassination attempt on Dany.

Protecting family and last remainder of what he had of his sister Lyanna. The north are people that want honor but not power. No Stark has ever sat on the throne or wanted to.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Pam Poovey said:

aggie kid said:

Protecting family and last remainder of what he had of his sister Lyanna. The north are people that want honor but not power. No Stark has ever sat on the throne or wanted to.

Ned sat on the throne when Robert was out hogging
bangobango
AG

I think by the time Robert died Jon had already taken his vows.

When you think about it, it was kind of crappy of Ned. He was only going to let Jon know he was the rightful heir after Jon foreswore all titles by taking the black. This would protect Ned from ever having to choose between Robert and his children or Jon Snow. That is great, but it completely deprived Jon of his birthright in exchange for spending the rest of his life freezing his balls off.

In the books, Ned is corresponding with Stannis and I believe his intent was to put Stannis on the throne.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Watching football and the wife asked me "why did he throw it? Shouldn't he have bent the knee?" Me- You mean take a knee?

Lol game of thrones still on the brain
wangus12
AG
PatAg
AG
Isn't there some saying that the only people truly qualified to rule never seek power, and those that do seek power are the worst rulers?
PatAg
AG
Ned didn't know she wed Rhaegar. All he knows is Jon is their kid, a ******* in Neds mind
nikator
AG
PatAg said:

Ned didn't know she wed Rhaegar. All he knows is Jon is their kid, a ******* in Neds mind
If she tells him that the kids last name is Targaryen (so far only in the show) then that is a give away that the kid is not a *******. We do not have all of Ned's memories in the books other than her saying "promise me Ned.'

So there could have been time for her to tell him about the wedding.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
Raptor
AG
Two ideas:

Bran wargs the ice dragon and goes Harry Carry (intended) on the white walkers.

or

The White Walkers win and wipe out everyone. The babies they've been collecting are the new race of "human", and the show ends with a toddler white walker sitting on the game of thrones'
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

LeonardSkinner
Pam Poovey said:

aggie kid said:

Weren't the Starks Kings in the North before the first Targaryen united the kingdoms?
titanmaster_race
Pretty sure she's talking about the Iron Throne. No Stark has ever sat on the Iron Throne.
nikator
AG
aggie kid said:

Pam Poovey said:

aggie kid said:

Weren't the Starks Kings in the North before the first Targaryen united the kingdoms?
Yes...however as the North still worships the Old Gods and not the Seven, they may run into some trouble for acceptance in the South.

Even the Targs faced an uprising of the Faith (who did not like their incest), tree worshipers on the Iron Throne may trigger something similar, unless like Henri IV they feel Kings Landing is worth a Mass
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
marble rye
AG
Can we talk about fan theories on this thread?
SoTXAg09
AG
He probably would have been able to deduce he was true born when she said "Aegon Targaryen" and not "Aegon, son of Rhaegar". Subtle distinction, but a distinction nonetheless.
CapCityAg89
AG
Pam Poovey said:

Can we talk about fan theories on this thread?

Absolutely - only no-go is leaked show stuff.
Cyprian
AG
Following
PatAg
AG
RPM said:

Prediction: Bran wargs Dany and asks for teh buttsecks from Jon
So not only is this not clever or funny, but 25 people blue starred. Jesus christ.
PatAg
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

He probably would have been able to deduce he was true born when she said "Aegon Targaryen" and not "Aegon, son of Rhaegar". Subtle distinction, but a distinction nonetheless.
I guess I didn't take that next leap that it meant they were married automatically. I was thinking a mother wouldn't say "This is Aegon Sand, a *******" , but you are probably more likely right, especially the way this show is written.

I also just didnt remember her saying Targaryen, so that didn't help.
Last Page
Page 2 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.