****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,089 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

RPM said:

Prediction: Bran wargs Dany and asks for teh buttsecks from Jon
So not only is this not clever or funny, but 25 people blue starred. Jesus christ.

I almost spit my beer out.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PatAg said:

RPM said:

So not only is this not clever or funny, but 25 people blue starred. Jesus christ.

thanks pat. wet blanket much?

marble rye
AG
I want to talk about the Bran=Night King theory. What say you?
titanmaster_race
There is a 100% chance that season 8 will finish a year and a half from now and GRRM will still not have published Winds of Winter.*

*Also an 85% chance that Rothfuss will not have published Doors of Stone and still claims to be unable to write because of the political climate in America.
plowboy1065
S
Yes please
marble rye
AG
First...I never see **** like this when watching the show:

Dammit how do you post tweets? People saying the wights formed a Stark sigil in reverse:

marble rye
AG
Wearing the same clothes:

marble rye
AG
http://nerdist.com/bran-night-king-game-of-thrones-theory/

Theory discussion.

Idk. Could be true. But I was also hooked by the High Sparrow=Howland Reed theory.
Al Bula
AG
PatAg said:

RPM said:

Pat, i'm sure they'd let you watch if you ask nicely.
agrams
AG
F me, I was sure that was photoshopped, but i watched that scene again.and sure enough.. the photo was enhanced some to highlight the profile, but cool nonetheless.
G Martin 87
AG
Raptor said:

Two ideas:

Bran wargs the ice dragon and goes Harry Carry (intended) on the white walkers.

or

The White Walkers win and wipe out everyone. The babies they've been collecting are the new race of "human", and the show ends with a toddler white walker sitting on the game of thrones'
Did you mean Harry Carey? Or harakiri? It doesn't work either way.
Al Bula
AG
titanmaster_race
It is sort of interesting I guess, but some of the assertions are dumb. Bran, who can go anywhere in the past he wants, arrives "too late" to stop the creation of the white walkers, so he decides to inhabit bran the builder and build the wall? Wtf
marble rye
AG
I thought that was one of the attempts before he was sucked into the Night King's body when he went back a 3rd time.

Idk. Time travel and getting "lost" makes it all so confusing.
titanmaster_race
There's definitely some legit imagery here. Bran and the night king wearing the same getup. Which could just be because they are direct opposites of each other, or it could be because they are related somehow (i.e. bran = nk).

Same with the direwolf symbol. It could be an indication that the whitewalkers are the Starks in some fashion, or it could mean that they are coming for the starks.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
In
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Pam Poovey said:

Dammit how do you post tweets? People saying the wights formed a Stark sigil in reverse:

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Pam Poovey said:

The white space in the middle of the formation also looks like a wolf facing to the right...

But this also is like staring at clouds.
wangus12
AG
I would say what reddit says that white space in the middle looks like, but I don't wanna get banned.

Think NSFW
Twice an Aggie
AG
Bran is not the Night King. We have seen the Night King when created.
Pignorant
AG
mporterco07 said:

Read the actual theory. It's not that simple.
dcAg
I predict there are dragons in that place where the stone men are...where Jorah got infected. Stone dragons.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
mporterco07 said:

What if Bran was warging that guy in the past like he did to Wyllis? Warging is complicated - and if he did that in the past, and died and his essence was transferred to the Night King in the past... boom

(very far fetched, I agree)
Belton Ag
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

mporterco07 said:

What if Bran was warging that guy in the past like he did to Wyllis? Warging is complicated - and if he did that in the past, and died and his essence was transferred to the Night King in the past... boom

I'm just missing something... If Bran is stuck in that dude's body and is the Knight King, why is he going ahead with the march south? He now has the power to stop it, right?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Belton Ag said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

mporterco07 said:

I'm just missing something... If Bran is stuck in that dude's body and is the Knight King, why is he going ahead with the march south? He now has the power to stop it, right?
He's trying to stop himself from going back and getting stuck - resetting the timeline. (or preventing some other terrible thing from happening).

All the legends of the Age of Heroes, Prince that was Promised, etc. are not in the past... they are about to happen in the near future.
Squirrel Master
AG
I don't think Bran is the Night King or was involved in creating him simply because its a theory that is way too complicated and confusing, doesn't really matter, and does nothing to further the general plot of the story.
Urban Ag
AG
Squirrel Master said:

I don't think Bran is the Night King or was involved in creating him simply because its a theory that is way too complicated and confusing, doesn't really matter, and does nothing to further the general plot of the story.
I agree and I am hoping this theory dies out soon but I doubt it.

I can't believe HBO came up with the idea because they've spent the last seven years making GOT less complicated, not more. Trying to get the viewing audience to understand something this complicated in the last five episodes seems like a horrible idea.

I also don't think GRRM gave HBO this idea. The GOT books are only complicated and complex because of the number of character, story arcs, and back history. So much to remember and retain. But not particularly difficult to understand, again, if you're able to retain everything you read. I just don't see GRRM going this route with Bran/NK.
nikator
AG
To me this theory seems contrived and convoluted like the one about Howland Reed being the High Sparrow.

I can see the Night King being a Stark (though of course he still has not made an appearance in the books so who knows), but this theory is a stretch.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
Urban Ag
AG
Yeah the Howland Reed theory has always baffled me too.

The rationale was literally this:
  • No one really knows who the High Sparrow is
  • Howland Reed hasn't physically shown up in the books or show
  • They're both dudes in Westeros
  • Therefore Howland is the High Sparrow
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

Yeah the Howland Reed theory has always baffled me too.

The rationale was literally this:
  • No one really knows who the High Sparrow is
  • Howland Reed hasn't physically shown up in the books or show
  • They're both dudes in Westeros
  • Therefore Howland is the High Sparrow

It had to do with how both were described in the books - or importantly how cranogmen from the bogs of Deepwood Motte are described, and Reed's progeny Jojen and Meera are described, and how the high sparrow is described as well as his apparent age.
Dr. Faustus
Prosperdick
AG
Pam Poovey said:

Well...the words are right there within the sigil "Winter is Coming." I think it could be just that simple and not some Bran = NK theory. At least in regards to the above pictures.
RDV-1992
I think that "Winter is Coming" are also the words of the night king after they marry him to Sansa to ensure peace.

Amiright?!?

Maybe this should be in the GOT humor thread...
wangus12
AG
So I'm doing a rewatch of the series. In the first episode of season 1 when they receive the letter from Lysa about Jon Arryn's murder, I never noticed how scared up Ned Stark's chest is. Parallels to Jon later on.
MaroonStain
AG
If Bran ends up being the NK, then D&D Sumlin'ed the ending of this series.
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.