****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,113 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Arya would never kill Jon, or go along with it. Zero chance, unless she is dead.
Carlo4
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bearamedic99 said:

And could we quit calling them dragons?

They're wyverns...

Their mother calls them dragons...so I'm gonna call them dragons.

Lady Sansa be like...

John, you're my older half brother, and I love you, but don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever.

Carlo4
AG
And I never thought Michael would kill Fredo...
Southlake
Yes, make sure you remember that...
Southlake
So, last post before episode 2. Here's my take:

With only 6 shows this season, after tonight, we will be approximately a third of the way through. With E1 being introductory in nature without any shocking events and everybody expecting E3 to be the penultimate battle, I believe we are bought into a false sense of security with E2.

But, I'm thinking tonight's episode will kill off a major character (or two) with complete story changing implications on the same level or bigger then The Red Wedding.

Perhaps I'm being a Captain Obvious here, but with so many brewing conflicts and cross plot implications with so little time left, the stuff is really going to hit the Valerion fan tonight.

Buckle up!
bearamedic99
AG
You guys are making the hype for tonight's episode escalate exponentially.

Not a bad thing.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

What happens when it's revealed that he's really a Targaryan and people start to question where his true allegiance lies?
I could see this being where Ghost plays whatever role he has left (they did say he was gonna be in the season). Everyone is arguing over Jon's background and Ghost comes over, sits in front of him and howls. Shuts everyone up. Direwolves are to the Starks as Dragons are to the Targs.

Also, if they have Arya kill Jon, it'll be the dumbest betrayal out there. He hasn't done anything to endanger the family. All he has done is prepare them for the battle to come as best they could. It makes no sense for them to execute him for that.
HouseDivided06
AG
What if the tension between Dany and Jon escalated because of the family issue (inevitable) and the line of succession and ultimately Jon reneges on his bending of the knee with the announcement of his true lineage? Dany gets pissed, her Mad King tendencies come through with her lust for power, she does her dracarys trick with Drogon to Jon, and he emerges from the flames alive with his sword on fire? This might have been speculated before, but had that thought the other day and thought it would be a pretty bad ass way for Jon to prove his heritage to Dany who won't just take anyone's word for it.
agrams
AG
or what if the dragons listen/align with Jon, not Dany?
AggieTarheel
AG
agrams said:

Maybe Rheagal only. Not both.
BCG Disciple
AG
Props to Ned Stark. Did not even tell his wife that Jon was his nephew. A man of honor such as Ned having the public shame of his infidelity is one thing, but having to deal with the personal shame with his children - hard to teach honor and discipline being tantamount when you do that to your family. Then, the personal issues with his wife, including the trust issues, etc. I mean, how easy would it be to trust in your wife and love and tell her the truth when it could have alleviated so much pain. Just unbelievable to me to have the strength to bear that burden alone.
BCG Disciple
AG
AggieTarheel said:

agrams said:

Maybe Rheagal only. Not both.

Ghost riding Rheagal into battle would cement it.
MaroonStain
AG
Tonight will be epic.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Urban Ag said:

Jon is not the true heir to the throne.

House Targaryen was deposed. No Targaryen has any claim to the throne more legitimate than anyone else.

Robert had no legitimate heir in the form of a son because his children were not his children. And basturds don't count.

From a Westerosi legal/cultural perspective, the actual true legitimate successor to Robert was Stannis.

And all of this is simply academic because when it is all said and done the only true king or queen is the one that has the army that can take the throne and keep it. Just as the Targaryens did. Just as Robert did. Just as Cersei has done. Just as Dany intends to.
I do keep wondering how/why Dany (and now Jon) can claim to be the true heirs if House Baratheon had the throne.

BUT, considering the "true heirs" are all dead, does it revert back to Targs? ("Legally" speaking.)

So, what happens if Jon and/or Dany decide to legitimize Gendry as a true heir of Robert Baratheon?

It's been said once before in this show that power is held by those who the people think the power lies with. Anyone can claim their right to the throne. As it happened with Joffrey in season one, the throne will never be awarded by a civil discussion of who's father is who.
double aught
AG
BCG Disciple said:

Props to Ned Stark. Did not even tell his wife that Jon was his nephew. A man of honor such as Ned having the public shame of his infidelity is one thing, but having to deal with the personal shame with his children - hard to teach honor and discipline being tantamount when you do that to your family. Then, the personal issues with his wife, including the trust issues, etc. I mean, how easy would it be to trust in your wife and love and tell her the truth when it could have alleviated so much pain. Just unbelievable to me to have the strength to bear that burden alone.
Well, I mean...he's not real.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
double aught said:

BCG Disciple said:

Well, I mean...he's not real.

OldShadeOfBlue
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Which is why LF is alive. Haha.

Of all the theories out there for the last season, I love that in theory, he, like Arya, has a relationship with the faceless assassins. He used this to slip away, even from Bran. Makes sense given his character, origin (Bravos), and resources.

He was out of character last half of season 7. Why? It wasn't him. He was too great of a game player to be caught manipulating Stark children.

I'm perfectly satisfied seeing him dead for the series in S7/lazy writing, because watching him die was greatness. However, how awesome would it be for him to come back after the Battle of Winterfell in some capacity for one last attempt in all this impending chaos.

Except what we saw was LF face. So of it wasn't LF that would mean he is dead and was dead before he went to Winterfell. And then that raises so many other questions. I think people want to relate him to the faceless men just because he's from Braavos, just like they want to say Syrio Forel is a faceless man because he's from Braavos. You might as well say all of the Iron Bank are faceless men as well. It's lazy.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I really don't think we're going to see any big twist deaths before the end of the season. All of the major surprise deaths (Ned, Red Wedding, Jon, Joffrey) were all in the book Era. We'll see major characters die but it will be more straightforward and expected. One of the brothers killing Cersei, Dany or Jon dying doing something heroic, etc)
BCG Disciple
AG
Touche sir. What's more unbelievable in real life, Ned's story or the existence of fire breathing dragons?
MaroonStain
AG
Faceless Man gets LF's face to chase and kill Arya?
FriendlyAg
ATM1876 said:

I'm hoping that after (and possibly during) the Battle of Winterfell that things go full Reservoir Dogs in the North. I rewatched last week's episode and think that whatever Sansa has planned is going to shock everyone. I know that a lot of people like to complain about her but it seems to me like she's one of the few main characters who's actually learned anything throughout the series, and she learned from the best in Cersei and Littlefinger. It wouldn't surprise me if her arc concludes with her essentially becoming what everyone hates the most, a Cersei in the North. She's already got Brienne to serve as her Mountain and Arya could be her Kingslayer and/or Queenslayer (who is that primitive looking sniper rifle intended for?). While everyone else is focused on the upcoming battle with the Army of the Dead, she's already planning for what comes afterwards if they survive when nobody else is.

Jon, on the other hand, seems to be repeating all of the same mistakes that get people killed. The last girlfriend he ran off with in the snow died at the hands of one of his own "family" members during a battle. The last time he invited a group of foreigners in that same "family" murdered him. He's great at confronting the immediate threat in front of him but horrible at seeing the hidden threats. Right now Sansa and Arya are imploring him to remember the importance of the family sticking together, but they still think that he's their half-brother. What happens when it's revealed that he's really a Targaryan and people start to question where his true allegiance lies? There's no word for killing cousins, but it has happened before in Westeros.

When you play the Game of Thrones you either win or you die, and I hope that these last episodes see a massive number of major character deaths that rivals the Red Wedding. That seems like a more exciting (and almost appropriate) way to finish the series than everybody rallying around Jon and/or Dany and retaking King's Landing and the Iron Throne.

My feelings on Sansa are the same. She's gone from brat/annoying and is continually developing into a strong character. I loved her dialogue with Tyrion in the last episode.

I would love to see lots of twists and deaths. Way more interesting than a very linear finish.
CoachRTM
AG
The crazy thing about episode 2 - we basically know how it is going to end, but we know nothing about what's going to happen.

Logistically, all the pieces are in place for the Battle of Winterfell to happen right now. Other than Jaime's "trial" and the Beric/ Hound group beating the white walkers to Winterfell, there are no pieces to move to get them in position. Basically a complete blank slate for the directors to work with after the last season frantically moving people around to tell the story.
agrams
AG
it would be an interesting plan for the NK to lay seige to winterfell and the episode spanning weeks/months. why not starve them out? not like the army of the dead needs supplies. all he would have to do is hold off the dragons during it, which with his own and his ice spears would not be too much of a stretch.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
wangus12 said:

Quote:

What happens when it's revealed that he's really a Targaryan and people start to question where his true allegiance lies?
I could see this being where Ghost plays whatever role he has left (they did say he was gonna be in the season). Everyone is arguing over Jon's background and Ghost comes over, sits in front of him and howls. Shuts everyone up. Direwolves are to the Starks as Dragons are to the Targs.

Also, if they have Arya kill Jon, it'll be the dumbest betrayal out there. He hasn't done anything to endanger the family. All he has done is prepare them for the battle to come as best they could. It makes no sense for them to execute him for that.
Yeah if you have the Starks turn on Jon for the same reasons the Nights Watch turned on him (United with a foreign army to save mankind) it's going to be a bit lame. You'll be saying that Sansa and Arya have the same morals as Thorne. I'm not a fan of that.

Though I will say there are many similarities to the Nights watch having bad blood with the Wildlings and the Starks having bad blood with the Targaryens. I just don't like the idea of Jon dying twice over the same thing.
Schall 02
AG
I could see signs pointing to Dany getting further cross with the Starks (especially if Bran saves Jaime), leading to her demise at their hands and Jon inheriting some dragons. Team Stark would be cool with Jon sitting on the iron throne as long as they get to stay in the north. Crazy prediction: Jorah dies and Arya takes his face and kills Dany.
TxSquarebody
HouseDivided06 said:

What if the tension between Dany and Jon escalated because of the family issue (inevitable) and the line of succession and ultimately Jon reneges on his bending of the knee with the announcement of his true lineage? Dany gets pissed, her Mad King tendencies come through with her lust for power, she does her dracarys trick with Drogon to Jon, and he emerges from the flames alive with his sword on fire? This might have been speculated before, but had that thought the other day and thought it would be a pretty bad ass way for Jon to prove his heritage to Dany who won't just take anyone's word for it.

Nice theory except for the fact that Jon has already burned his hand on a lantern thus proving he is not fireproof.
MaroonStain
AG
Suffice to say that Dany is going to lose her SHAT!
redline248
AG
You guys are so crazy with all the wild ass theories. I love it
Southlake
All this, but spend a week with my extended family during a Christmas and GOT drama is really nothing...
Eliminatus
AG
Alright, yall have me convinced that the ending will not be the typical "Good guys win! Yay!".

There are gonna be twists and WTF moments. Because I forgot one important thing.

This is Game of Thrones.

Love the 1876 theory. Someone is gonna get got in a way that will blow everyone away. Because that is what happens in this show. The epic living vs dead is a sideshow to what is really important.

The game of thrones. That is end all be all.
SoTXAg09
AG
Yeah the fire **** gets old. GRRM has already said Dany's fire transformation was a one-time miracle, not a "fireproof Targaryen" thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tyrion betrays Dany tonight to save Jaime. Betrayed for love.
MaroonStain
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

Yeah the fire **** gets old. GRRM has already said Dany's fire transformation was a one-time miracle, not a "fireproof Targaryen" thing.

Except for burning all of the Khals that other time she walked out of fire and did not get burned...
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.