****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,172 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
knoxtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sometimes I wish the GOT characters would be smart, but at the same time maybe it wouldn't be good TV.

For example, you got 2 dragons, they have 1. Why not just do bombing runs with giant sacks of fire with dragon no 1, while dragon No 2 holds off the ice dragon. If the ice dragon shows up, then 2 on one his butt until dead. How long could the Army of the Dead last while its raining fire on them? Not very. You could drop it on them from 5000 feet up, surely the night king's arm isn't THAT good. I guess this would be boring tv.

So my ending prediction...

I think when all is pretty much lost, Bran will warg into the night king, the two will mentally fight, both will die, and balance will be restored. It will somehow be explained that Bran is the night king while also not the night king, kinda like the whole Jesus/God thing, and he was seeking balance the whole time. Somehow the people who created the night king did it with Bran the builder's soul splitting into two entities, Bran and NK, thereby causing the wall to come into existence. The wall fell because the two needed to reunite to save the world..

Cersei dead by Jamie
John and Daneris both dead together by NK
Sansa lives because she is boring
Arya lives because she is awesome

There will probably be some stupid scene in which they "merge" with their dead half souls to complete themselves.

I have nothing whatsoever to cause me to predict this stuff, just thinking how a bunch of Hollywood screenwriters will do it now that this is all off script and they have to do it themselves.

The Debt
No offense, but you do realize the WWs can kill a dragon single handedly. They have to be smarter with the deployment of dragons.

Hopefully the budget had room for undead giants and spiders. (We were promised ice spiders from S1).
MW03
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

MW03 said:

Speaking of the Littlefinger scene, is everyone just cool with Bran being able to see the past now? When he recited Littlefinger's words to Ned, nobody was like, "Uh, you were in a coma, bud. How do you know that?" I only bring that up because if everyone at that trial was cool with Bran being the 3-Eyed Raven, then they are probably cool with Jon coming back to life.

I get that Littlefinger was already freaked because Bran had recited Littlefinger's lines to Varys back to him earlier about "chaos is a ladder" but everyone in that room seemed pretty on board with Bran being able to see the past.

Why do you think anyone else knew what Bran meant?

Nobody else was there - that was just to rattle Littlefinger cuz he knows nobody else was there. He then realized they Bran everything.

Now we might assume Bran also told Sansa and Arya but anyone else there would not know the context or whether anyone witnessed it or not. And he didn't deny it. Along with all the other charges it would just be another thing - I doubt any of them would question it. They are not in charge anyway it was Sansa's court.

I figured they all knew bran was in a coma when Ned got executed.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
InternetFan02 said:

My kids were bashing me for being obsessed with this show after I accused them of being obsessed with Avengers stuff. Then I thought it through and I've listened to about 8 hours of podcasts this week analyzing this first 55 minute episode along with all 1000+ posts on this thread, constant texting/talking with friends, 3 facebook groups blowing up, all the memes, rewatched season 1 this week because Arya told me too, etc. I'll watch the season 8 premier probably 2 more times this weekend. Best week ever.
nerd.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

well regardless of that - Bran didn't say i know what you said cuz I saw it in a vision, nor did he say when he might have heard it (they might assume that it was told to him). No context of the accusation was given. I just don't think anyone there would be questioning it.

Those in the room besides him Sansa, Arya and Bran were....various WF soldiers, some soldiers or the Vale, and Yohn Royce. None of them would have detailed context about Bran or the timing of things.

knoxtom
The Debt said:

No offense, but you do realize the WWs can kill a dragon single handedly. They have to be smarter with the deployment of dragons.

Hopefully the budget had room for undead giants and spiders. (We were promised ice spiders from S1).
I said bomb them from 5000 feet up. Not even GOT writers would let the night king throw a stick of ice that high.
The Debt
knoxtom said:

The Debt said:

I said bomb them from 5000 feet up. Not even GOT writers would let the night king throw a stick of ice that high.

You think fire breath cuts through 5000 feet of atmosphere? Let's say it could. You think it would be potent enough to damage anything at groundlevel?
Belton Ag
AG
The Debt said:

knoxtom said:

The Debt said:

You think fire breath cuts through 5000 feet of atmosphere? Let's say it could. You think it would be potent enough to damage anything at groundlevel?
You have a point. We can point to plenty of real-world forensic evidence of Dragon fire breath losing its potency as it descends from higher elevations.
Bregxit
AG
The Debt said:

knoxtom said:

The Debt said:

He said bomb them, not dragon burn them. Rig up some pitch pots, light them and drop them on the dead...from 5000 feet up.
The Debt
I get that you're trying to be funny. But flamethrowers have a range, rocket fires have a range. There is a level of earth-realism that GRRM writes with. Why stop at 5000 ft? Why cant the dragons sit ontop of winterfell and scorch everything north of the Last Hearth from 60 miles away? They can look like water sprinklers arcing their flame across the continent.
MW03
AG
Drop wildfire barrels off dragons from 5,000 feet then.
chipotle
African or European dragons?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Belton Ag
AG
The Debt said:

I get that you're trying to be funny. But flamethrowers have a range, rocket fires have a range. There is a level of earth-realism that GRRM writes with. Why stop at 5000 ft? Why cant the dragons sit ontop of winterfell and scorch everything north of the Last Hearth from 60 miles away? They can look like water sprinklers arcing their flame across the continent.

I know this. It's just kind of funny is all.
PatAg
AG
SAtxag16 said:

Yeah my take on Littlefinger was that he had to be so good at playing the game to get to the Small Council from literally nothing, that it felt a little cheap for him to just get caught by the kid that can see everything that ever happened in the past.
They had him without Bran, imo.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
In the background in the winterfell, weren't they making one of those pumpkin chunkers that they could put flaming balls of dragon poop in? Seems pretty easy to load and fire taking out pretty large swaths of undead.
redline248
AG
Yes, they were definitely building trebuchets
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bearamedic99
AG
Anything is flammable if you give me a chance
knoxtom
I know texags posters are well known for their lack of reading comprehension but this is pretty ridiculous.

Bomb them. Not breathe on them. Bomb them. Light giant wagons of pitch or that fire stuff cersei had and drop it from 5000 feet up.

What do they have 50k dead? You could turn it into 1000 in a couple days with bombs. Heck, the dead walk right in the open in big groups, it wouldnt be hard to hit them.

Or how about just dig moats around the castles, or cross a river. The dead dont swim. Winterfell is literally the worst spot to fight them. Make the dead walk into the aerie through that canyon that has never been penetrated or fight them at walder freys castle where you can blow the bridge and drop them in the water.

They may be protagonists, but the starks arent very bright
Liquid Wrench
I'm counting on Sunday night being another build up episode so we can have another week of strategic planning.
agrams
AG
I'm debating how many episodes before Jon's lineage gets out in the open...
double aught
AG
knoxtom said:

I know texags posters are well known for their lack of reading comprehension but this is pretty ridiculous.

Bomb them. Not breathe on them. Bomb them. Light giant wagons of pitch or that fire stuff cersei had and drop it from 5000 feet up.

What do they have 50k dead? You could turn it into 1000 in a couple days with bombs. Heck, the dead walk right in the open in big groups, it wouldnt be hard to hit them.

Or how about just dig moats around the castles, or cross a river. The dead dont swim. Winterfell is literally the worst spot to fight them. Make the dead walk into the aerie through that canyon that has never been penetrated or fight them at walder freys castle where you can blow the bridge and drop them in the water.

They may be protagonists, but the starks arent very bright
Those places are farther south. Wait for them there and you give the Night King an opportunity to amass a much larger army. The choice isn't as cut and dry as you make it out to be.
Stive
AG
I'm looking forward to the Hound wrecking shop with an ax. He's been a sword/knife guy throughout the series up until he killed those guys right before meeting the Brotherhood. Him with an ax could be fun.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Liquid Wrench
Alright. Time to take another break from this thread if every post is gonna get Seattled by the Ritalin Kid.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Yep.... so nothing to do with the Targ sygil. Could not see how anyone though that anyway. And you don't need to spoiler tag that I already posted those CoTF related symbols that it did most likely relate to (and now we know).

MaroonStain
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Alright. Time to take another break from this thread if every post is gonna get Seattled by the Ritalin Kid.

The dude is vomiting posts on every board.
Rex Racer
AG
C@LAg said:

Social Media Influencer said:

Oh FFS.. We have ALL been talking about how Ep 3 is the Battle of Winterfell. It is not "news" by any sort.

It's not the material. It's the delivery.

You can think whatever you want, but when you do not edit yourself and crap on people, don't be surprised when they take offense.
aTmAg
AG
knoxtom said:

The Debt said:

Maybe the dragon flight envelope is not that high? They do not appear to be particularly aerodynamically efficient. Especially when carrying ordinance.
First Page Last Page
Page 102 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.