MoviePass - $9.95/month

67,465 Views | 634 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Iowaggie
BBQ4Me
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HMNY is now worth $300k. Who wants to become owner and THE MF CEO??
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Drive to the theater and Blackklansman is now gone. Can't check into a single movie. **** this.
Ag Since 83
AG
I got into BlackkKlansman at 4:30
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Greatness.
500,000ags
AG
This may have already been answered (went back three pages), but are the Costco prepaids subject to all the new limitations too?
Wicked Good Ag
500,000ags said:

This may have already been answered (went back three pages), but are the Costco prepaids subject to all the new limitations too?

Don't think so. You get the unlimited amount but may be subject to the restrictions of the app in times locations and titles
Jasomania
AG
Looks like annual subscriptions are going to 3 movies a month as well.

My friend who also has Moviepass got an e-mail about it and was given two options, switch to the 3 movies a month and continue using moviepass or you can cancel the subscription now and get a prorated refund. Weird part is that I haven't heard anything from moviepass about this (or literally any of the changes) and am also on a annual subscription.

Here is the link to where to cancel and submit for a refund, apparently you have until August 31st to do so.

https://www.moviepass.com/refund/thankyou

Here is the link to the reddit about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/moviepass/comments/99ombf/moviepass_movie_schedule_thread/

Overall 3 movies a month is still a good deal since I got in on the 90 dollar annual pass (which has already paid for itself) in March. However i'm still going to cancel and try to get the refund. It's been two months now that I haven't been able to use the service at all because of all these changes / BS and I don't trust that things will get better or that they will even be around until March when my service would normally end.
Ag Since 83
AG
Yeah I got that email and I'm mulling my options. Unfortunately I've already seen 3 movies this month, but my new month starts next week.

If they stay afloat for a couple months I can see enough movies to cover not taking the refund.
tx1c
AG
Apparently they don't consider me eligible for the refund through the link you posted.
It says my credentials don't match an eligible account.
littlebitofhifi
AG
tx1c said:

Apparently they don't consider me eligible for the refund through the link you posted.
It says my credentials don't match an eligible account.
Yep same here. Been an annual holder since January but never received an email and appear to be ineligible via the link. Will be curious to see if I get forced into the 3x/month even though I haven't received any direct communication along those lines.
Jasomania
AG
It's possible that it will trigger the move to the 3 movie a month plan after you see a certain number of movies. My friend and I got movie pass at the same time and he pretty consistently goes to more movies than me so the "changes" to service have always hit him before they hit me (such as the taking pictures of your tickets, not being able to see the same movie twice, etc.). I could see them doing this if you are under the 3 movies a month (which I have been since the service has been unusable the last two months) so they won't have to pay for the refund.
Wicked Good Ag
I am trying to find how many movies I have done this billing cycle since it is three per month but no where on the app does it give that info. Could I still be on a unlimited plan because if so I would see a few movies in the next week to ten days that I wouldn't normally pay for even with the discount
Wicked Good Ag
According to my app there are no more showings today as of 7:45am
Pro Ag
AG
schmendeler
AG
Ha. So they get the monthly income from who knows how many people who thought it was cancelled and have no clue.
Counterpoint
AG
Pro Ag said:

Ahh, classic MoviePass.
Old Tom Morris
That's fraudulant and there should be a long line of state AG's after them for it if they follow thru.
Tonyperkis
AG
I tried to go to movies last night, checked 3 theaters nearby and the only options were 3D Smallfoot showings which were greyed out. MP is worthless now. Fortunately got a lot of viewings in at the beginning of my membership.
AgFB
AG
Cancelled mine last week. This should be fun.
schmendeler
AG
MoviePass - Re-enrollment
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So who has jumped ship?

I was planning on sticking with it, but this last weekend was the last straw for me. There was literally one eligible movie / showtime on Sunday, for Venom at 6 pm.

Checked the app around 5 pm, and of course, showtime was gone. Couldn't see anything else.

That about does it for me. It helps that I just moved and now have an AMC about 10 minutes away, so gonna switch over to AMC Stubs. It's twice the cost, but it'll actually work. (Plus it includes 3D and IMAX.)
Ag Since 83
AG
Yesterday the showing I wanted was listed earlier in the day but not when I got to the theater about 20 minutes early.

I should have opted out when they offered to buy me out of my annual pass. I still might come out ahead but it's getting harder to use
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cancelled. My final tally:

Movies seen: 65
Ticket price: $14.45 (NY)
Total tickets: $939
Paid: $130

Saved: $809

And a lot of free popcorn due to Regal rewards.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And that's considering the fact that I haven't seen a movie since 8/19.

My subscription runs through 10/25, but I'm already planning on getting AMC A-List this weekend to see First Man in IMAX.
Sex Panther
AG
I'll probably go ahead and cancel this week. I was gonna wait til the end of year, but I'm having the same issues. Just not worth it anymore. Was fun while it lasted though.

Hopefully Alamo rolls their program out soon.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Wicked Good Ag
Same with me. I have one movie left before the 13th but honestly the aggravation of one movie sometimes a day and only one or two showings isn't worth it. You would think you would make the limited option daytime would keep sales being too many but they have some only at night. Waited to take kids to smallfoot until the day it was available only to find it only available at 9:50 pm
FTACO97
AG
Wife and I have the CostCo annual plan so will likely just let it run out in December. Only positive we've had is that showtimes aren't restricted at Studio Movie Grill so we go there weekly to see something at CityCentre.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For what it's worth, I disputed my last monthly charge from Moviepass for services not rendered (they consistently remove movies every afternoon).

I grabbed some screenshots for proof, but Citi didn't even ask me to submit them. I just selected yes on having proof and was instantly approved. Maybe they are instantly approving Moviepass disputes.

Worth trying if you're fed up and are cancelling.
Guitarsoup
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

For what it's worth, I disputed my last monthly charge from Moviepass for services not rendered (they consistently remove movies every afternoon).

I grabbed some screenshots for proof, but Citi didn't even ask me to submit them. I just selected yes on having proof and was instantly approved. Maybe they are instantly approving Moviepass disputes.

Worth trying if you're fed up and are cancelling.
Moviepass will get 90 days to dispute your chargeback.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Meh, I'm not worried. My confirmation email says the credit is permanent.
AgFB
AG
Got a please come back email today with a 30% discount
Sex Panther
AG
I decided to finally cancel this stupid thing but I'd try and get something out of it this weekend before I did. I probably haven't used it in 6 weeks...

Decide on Free Solo and make sure it's available. Drive to the theater and as soon as I get there, it's no longer listed. **** off movie pass.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Counterpoint
AG
Sex Panther said:

I decided to finally cancel this stupid thing but I'd try and get something out of it this weekend before I did. I probably haven't used it in 6 weeks...

Decide on Free Solo and make sure it's available. Drive to the theater and as soon as I get there, it's no longer listed. **** off movie pass.
Did you see it anyway? I can't wait to see that, but it doesn't seem to be coming to CS.

Sex Panther
AG
I did, and I loved it. Would definitely suggest seeing it on the big screen to do it justice. I'll find the official thread and post more there.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A-List is where it's at.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.