This is Us

33,049 Views | 242 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rudyjax
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My googles couldn't find a specific thread on this show.

WHat have you thought of it so far?

This is a fantastic show to me.
Mozart Paintings
AG
We are enjoying it quite a bit. Haven't watched last nights episode yet.
maverick2076
I only watched the first eqisode, but I really like it. We need to catch up on it.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I watch to laugh at the fat lady.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
There was a thread when it first started, but only a few posts and then it died. Not really worth linking, but here it is:

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2783841
1636376tcmb
This is the best show on TV right now. The writing, the acting, the story line and topics.... they have it all. I love the way they tackle sensitive issues and make it less sensitive (if that makes sense).
EllisCoAg
Tanya 93
1636376tcmb said:

This is the best show on TV right now. The writing, the acting, the story line and topics.... they have it all. I love the way they tackle sensitive issues and make it less sensitive (if that makes sense).

Last week's episode at the pool, stellar acting all the way around
TexasAggies06
AG
Man, I must be missing something. I watched 1/2 of the 1st episode and turned it off. I pretty much never give up that quickly, but there was nothing in that short time I felt warranted more of my time. Does it get better after the pilot? If everyone loved that episode too, it may just be that this one's not for me.

ETA: I'm not trying to be "that guy" coming on here and s****ing on the show everyone else likes, I'm generally curious. I wanted to like it and have heard several people say good things about it at work etc, but I just was not seeing it in that first episode.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I would suggest watching the pilot all the way to the end before making that call.
aTm2004
AG
Wife and I began watching it and love it. Definitely one of the best new shows.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I usually hate network shows but I think it's good as well.
JW_TXAG13
AG
Actually pretty damn good show. Thought it was going to be one of those I had to sit through with the wife so it would allow me to watch countless hours of sports but turns out to be great show with mostly good acting.

Always pretty cool to see how they tie story lines together with some meaningful impact on their lives.
Btron
AG
Mandy Moore and Peter Patrelli are doing a great job and the pool episode was my favorite. The manny is funny and it's great when he can't shake that title.
Fat boyfriend is the worst. The.Worst.
AccountantAg
AG
Btron said:

Mandy Moore and Peter Patrelli are doing a great job and the pool episode was my favorite. The manny is funny and it's great when he can't shake that title.

He is trying way to hard with Kate.
Tanya 93
Btron said:

I loved the Manny's scene at the end of Tuesday's episode.

It was sorta shocking to me how great he was with his nieces and how much they loved him. But that montage while he was explaining his painting...I wanted to cry.
RigsTx
AG
AccountantAg said:

Btron said:

He is trying way to hard with Kate.
I enjoy the fat boyfriend. When the show is getting these hard hitting, deep, emotional moments, his comedic relief really helps ease the tension.
sushi94
AG
As others have said - probably one of the best shows on network TV.

Good acting and characters in Manny and the father IMO. I don't really like Randall's character.

I'm also afraid the big couple's story line will get old quickly.

The tie-ins to the back story each week are very well done.
Tanya 93
That scene between Jack and Randall was amazing. The ninjas showed up with a truck load of onions to chop.

Damn this show is good.

And Kevin has been knocking it out of the park in this episode
maca1028
Gave my wife the controller at halftime of the Bama/LSU game because I'm hating football at the moment. Pretty good show and it put me in a better mood.
Now back to premium to help solve the problem that is Aggie football.
Rudyjax
AG
Probably the best show I have seen in a long time. It hooked me in from the start.

The whole concept is amazing. I love seeing the two perspectives.
Tanya 93
Who knew Jess from the Gilmore Girls would be the best dad on tv? I didn't know he had the depth to be so perfect for this role.

And Randall's face when he learned his mother knew his biological father his entire life killed me.
Again.

The three kids they have for the 80's flashbacks are really good.
Rudyjax
AG
Peter Petrelli?
Tanya 93
Unthought Known said:

Peter Petrelli?
Who is that?

20ag07
I can't quit being distracted by Mandy Moore in the present day scenes- she's only 32, and the actors playing her sons are 40. It's worse than when you have 30 year olds playing high school kids.
gravy97
AG
Would you rather have a 60 year old trying to play a 32 year old mom in the 80s?
20ag07
I get it, it's a trap of the premise. That doesn't make it any less distracting.
Rudyjax
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Unthought Known said:

Peter Petrelli?
Who is that?

Jess from the Gilmore Girls.
Rudyjax
AG
I think they do a pretty good job with it.

I just love the concept of this show and every time I watch an episode, think, this is the best show on TV right now.
Aggies76
AG
Is there any way right now to start watching from the first episode? Netflix or anything?
Rudyjax
AG
Aggies76 said:

Is there any way right now to start watching from the first episode? Netflix or anything?
I got the first few eps On Demand on Directv.
BEaggie08
AG
Aggies76 said:

Hulu?
Aggies76
AG
Thanks Unthought and BE. I will check OnDemand and Fire Stick.
Tanya 93
Doesn't NBC have them?
Tanya 93
Unthought Known said:

Tanya 93 said:

Unthought Known said:

Peter Petrelli?
Who is that?

Jess from the Gilmore Girls.

Oh.

Oh Heroes!

Only saw an episode or 2.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.