Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,124,478 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jenn96 said:

Quote:

If the NK planned all that, Bran is a pretty ****ty three eyed raven for not seeing anything involved, or if he did, for not doing a damn thing about it.
Maybe Bran wanted it to happen. Am I the only one who doesn't think Bran is really a "good guy" anymore? I don't think he's evil, but he is seeing a very long game. I don't know that his interests as the 3ER necessarily coincide with what's best for Jon, Dany, Sansa etc.

ac04
kind of a ridiculous episode but i still enjoyed the hell out of it. the most bothersome point to me was the night king lining up his throw with his off hand like a 1930s quarterback.
Trident 88
AG
AgShaun00 said:

any significance to the faces arya had that she could use to kill LF or Cersei?
I don't think so. The one that Sansa held up for an extended period of time was Walder Frey's, and Sansa didn't give any indication that she recognized it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
ac04 said:

kind of a ridiculous episode but i still enjoyed the hell out of it. the most bothersome point to me was the night king lining up his throw with his off hand like a 1930s quarterback.
This is what I thought too. I'm assuming they did it to make it a little more clear he was zero'ing in on Viserion instead of Drogon/Dany right in front of him. But it looked stupid.
claym711
AG
jenn96 said:

Quote:

If the NK planned all that, Bran is a pretty ****ty three eyed raven for not seeing anything involved, or if he did, for not doing a damn thing about it.
Maybe Bran wanted it to happen. Am I the only one who doesn't think Bran is really a "good guy" anymore? I don't think he's evil, but he is seeing a very long game. I don't know that his interests as the 3ER necessarily coincide with what's best for Jon, Dany, Sansa etc.

Now as for how the NK knew that a dragon was out there for the taking, no idea - but as a creature of the CotF it's logical that he would have greenseer abilities. I too thought it was a setup for the NK to get a dragon. All they had to do to kill the men immediately was for one of the WW to go to the water and freeze it, and the game is over.

I agree with the thoughts that these episodes are great - exciting and fun to watch - and also a bit aggravating because they've abandoned all logic as to the geography and backstories of what's happening. The writers are far more interested in the "big reveal" gutpunch than setting up coherent stories and following them through.

If the NK had a plan to get a dragon, then how do you explain the wights on an all out attack until they couldn't pass over the ice....or that the wights started attacking again when they 'realized' the ice was stable.....
dc509
AG
Sex Panther said:

jenn96 said:

Quote:

Bran isn't evil. His only goal is to defeat the night king, and everything else to him is completely meaningless.
jenn96
AG
Quote:

If the NK had a plan to get a dragon, then how do you explain the wights on an all out attack until they couldn't pass over the ice....or that the wights started attacking again when they 'realized' the ice was stable.....
Umm... poor writing? I agree that's it contrived. It was just obvious that the NK wasn't really focused on the men at all, and could have attacked them at any time. And once Dany showed up his focus was 100% on the dragons.

MaroonStain
AG
As discussed, the writers have definitely turned this season into TV bubble gum drama for the masses.

Instead of The Hound throwing rocks alerting the only skellie with a frontal lobe, the NK should have walked to the ice with the ONE SPEAR and sent the horde. Then with the ONE SPEAR, he could have aimed at Drogon and hit Viserys (sp?).

Also the back-and-forth cheekiness between Thormund, Hound, et al was not needed, stick with story guys, you are not Guy Ritchie. Jon/Jorah should have happened sooner and not en route on a mission. There are A LOT of round pegs and square holes in this season as previously mentioned.
Goldie Wilson
ac04 said:

That scene immediately reminded me of this:

jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm catching up on last night's episode right now and The Hound and Tormund's dialogue is just ****ing gold talking about Brianne.
AgShaun00
AG
I would like arya to have joffrey's face and kill cersei with it like she is dreaming.
Sex Panther
AG
MaroonStain said:

Also the back-and-forth cheekiness between Thormund, Hound, et al was not needed, stick with story guys, you are not Guy Ritchie.

Of all the complaints in this show, this has to be the most ridiculous.
Thunder18
AG
Sex Panther said:

MaroonStain said:

Also the back-and-forth cheekiness between Thormund, Hound, et al was not needed, stick with story guys, you are not Guy Ritchie.

Agreed, the dialogue between the guys beyond the wall was some of the best parts of this episode
LB12Diamond
AG
Yes chains, stupid. Besides that a great episode.

The dynamic between Dany and Jon might be the best part of this entire season. Can't believe someone complained about that.

Really liked the Hound Turmond interaction. Did he state big babies?

No clue what will happen next week which I like.
Ogre09
AG
I think we saw the dragons are effective against the wights, but vulnerable to the WW. Jon and team will have to take down NK with swords.

Will we see a dragon v dragon battle?
MaroonStain
AG
Sex Panther said:

MaroonStain said:

Okay...I will go back and edit. Standby...
PooDoo
AG
ac04 said:

That's the bothersome part for you? Not that he threw it flat footed 500 yards?

?v=209262175

DannyDuberstein
AG
It's not pointing the hand during the throw. Everyone does that. It's pointing the hand early to line it up.
redline248
AG
I mean, those athletes usually get a running start before extending the arm. Him holding it out like that while he tracked the flight looked so stupid.

On another note, Tormund telling Gendry "we have to make due with what we've got" was hilarious.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ep. 6 Review

After the episode leaked on Tuesday, I knew it was going to be tough avoiding spoilers, but somehow I managed. It was certainly the longest I've stayed away from this thread since the first trailer was released months ago. As with the last leak, I'm SOOOO happy I was able to watch it untainted, live, with my friends.

Blue Eyes White Dragon
The spear moment was so incredibly tense. I wasn't sure if Drogon, Dany, or 1 of the magnificent 7 were going to take the hit. It was heart pounding. And when I saw it was Viserion that got speared, I was shocked.1) obviously by the mere occurrence of it but 2) mostly shocked because I didn't realize how emotional it would hit me. I did not imagine to feel sad for a dragon that has barely gotten any screentime (and was certainly the most expendable of the 3). But there it was. And then to twist the knife in the wound, to see the Night King raise Viserion as his own Wight Dragon....man that was rough.

White Walker
The biggest reveal of this episode: Killing a White Walker also kills the Wights who follow him.

This is a fairly common trope amongst fantasy (science) fiction. From Ender's Game to Lord of the Rings to even the repulsive Independence Day: Resurgence film - - "The monstrous enemy is a hive mind that can be killed at once by slaying the queen." I'm a bit disappointed by that reveal. It's too easy and clearly reveals the method of conclusion for this story.

I've stated this before, but after watching Alt Shift X'ss video regarding GRRM's attitude about war and violence, I was hoping Game of Thrones would have a more complex/poetic ending. Instead it appears as if it will be just as predictable as every other book/show/novel. Who knows, maybe it will.

Arya/Sansa
I'm sick of this bickering between the two. I was pumped when Arya immediately showed Sansa the letter, because I assumed they would be able to hash out the misunderstanding. Sansa didn't have a choice. Cersei had her father in a cell and could execute them both at a moment's notice. Sansa did what she thought was best to save her father. Was she nave for believing Cersei? Yes, but ultimately it was Joffrey who beheaded Ned on his own accord. So in essence, Sansa's only mistake was putting hope in Cersei to control the actions of her wicked son. Either way, it's completely bullshiii of Arya to hold Sansa to some higher standards (such as Lyanna Mormont) of what 'should have been done.' Not sure there was anything Sansa could do to alter the outcome.

Basically, I'm dismayed at the monster Arya has become. Robb, Ned, Catelyn and even Jon have all been killed. Family is the only thing that matters and Arya can't seem to understand that their only hope is to remain united.

But wtf is up with Sansa consulting LF?! The show made it quite clear that Sansa doesn't value nor trust his opinions earlier in the season. Thought it was some sloppy character regression by the writers with that.

Mag 7
  • It's official, Tormund has the highest efficiency rating in the show. Every piece of dialogue from him is a slam dunk.
  • Did they save Gendry's hammer?

Jon & Dany
  • I loved all the interactions between the Mag 7 members, but what really perked my ears was when Jon was talking to Beric about "Rhollor's" purpose for bringing them back from the dead. Beric essentially says that their purpose may simply be to "keep others alive." I wish I had the exact script at my hands, but I came away from that scene thinking that Jon (whether as Azor Ahai or not) will ultimately give his life in the fight for the dawn. It just seemed like the message was that Jon wasn't brought back to ride off into the sunset and live as a happy man. I think it meant his true death will be for something more than satisfying the ambitions of a mutinous crew of Night's watchmen.
  • Dany definitely saw his scars and they clearly don't look like scratches or cuts. Those are deep stab wounds. I'm sure that will get brought up next week.
  • Most importantly: I always believed Jon would bend the knee once he was able to determine Dany's value as a leader, but what was interesting was the debate about whether Dany would rule OVER Jon, or BESIDE him. I got the sense that when Dany let go of Jon's hand, that she was also letting go of a future with him by her side.

Overall, I loved the episode and unlike a few others I've seen on this thread, I can forgive the time warping. This show isn't perfect, but the tale they are trying to tell and the scope of concluding all the plot threads is an enormous ask. I've never seen anything like this be attempted on the TV screen and for the most part, they hit every note. Certain elements could have been handled better, sure, but I want people to keep in mind what this show has provided.
  • Almost every single actor/actress was a complete unknown. Outside of Charles Dance, Lena Headey, and Sean Bean, these people were not known commodities to the general audience. Peter Dinklage was around but I doubt many people saw his enormous screen presence coming. Now, almost half the cast are household names.
  • Fantasy stories are not generally considered 'cool.' It was a huge risk by HBO to 1) take on a story as complex as this but also 2) a quintessential fantasy story at that. I remember the first season, while popular, was not nearly mainstream. Now, it's a cultural movement. And I can't help but think it will inspire more studios to take on the same risks.
  • If nothing else, it gave me an excuse to connect and socialize with co-workers, friends and even strangers. For at least 1 hour, every Sunday, I got to hang with a group of my closest friends and share an experience together. Drinking, laughing, and gasping our way through this show is something I can't get enough of.

As for the spoiler people...I know you're out there. While I believe some theories about events that have come true in the story were made my folks on good faith and substantiated by book/tv content, I KNOW there are some on here that did not 'theorize' innocently. I think I read somewhere that the finale may have been hacked, so it stands to reason that I'll have to remain on guard, but once this season is over, I'll be very interested to go back and see who 'guessed' right. I'll be making a list of usernames to utilize the 'ignore' feature for next season.

Notice Bran's attire

Edit: And before someone freaks out, this is just an outlandish theory that's been floating around the internet for some time now.
GoneGirl
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Could anyone tell in the preview for next week where that meeting was taking place? Looks like EVERYONE will be there. Maybe just outside Kings Landing?
Dragon pits from the book?
Murder Hornet
AG
jenn96 said:

Quote:

Now as for how the NK knew that a dragon was out there for the taking, no idea - but as a creature of the CotF it's logical that he would have greenseer abilities. I too thought it was a setup for the NK to get a dragon. All they had to do to kill the men immediately was for one of the WW to go to the water and freeze it, and the game is over.

I agree with the thoughts that these episodes are great - exciting and fun to watch - and also a bit aggravating because they've abandoned all logic as to the geography and backstories of what's happening. The writers are far more interested in the "big reveal" gutpunch than setting up coherent stories and following them through.

I don't think Bran/3ER is necessarily on any side when it comes to the "game of thrones" fights. He is essentially an observer. You would think though that he would/should be providing all kinds of intel concerning the Night King
redline248
AG
#1 said:

Notice Bran's attire

Edit: And before someone freaks out, this is just an outlandish theory that's been floating around the internet for some time now.

That is just what he was "wearing" in the visions. Kind of like the clothes Neo wears in the matrix. Not real clothes.
MW03
AG
Freaking Reddit.
The Dog Lord
AG
Cromagnum said:

Folks had this idea pegged a long time ago.

I unfortunately saw this like last fall. Was just scrolling on Facebook when it popped up out of nowhere and even had a title like "Potential GoT Season 7 Leaks." I was pissed and still am.
Joseph Parrish
AG
#1 said:

Notice Bran's attire

Looks a lot like the style that Dany & Cersi wear also. I wouldn't put too much into it.
dc509
AG
Quote:

Most importantly: I always believed Jon would bend the knee once he was able to determine Dany's value as a leader, but what was interesting was the debate about whether Dany would rule OVER Jon, or BESIDE him. I got the sense that when Dany let go of Jon's hand, that she was also letting go of a future with him by her side.

I got a little different vibe from that. I thought she pulled her hand back because she realized that she might be falling in love with him, and that made her very nervous. The reason I think she ends up ruling with him is because if he ends up not being king, then the entire R+L=J thing was completely pointless. There was just too much build up in regard to that storyline for it to be a a throw away. Unless of course the Night King wins.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I guess I'm the only one who loved this episode. SH*T was intense!
Rocagnante
AG
Quote:

Not every cinematic decision is a prophesy/magic/foreshadowing.

I beg to differ.

M.C. Swag
AG
dc509 said:

Quote:

Most importantly: I always believed Jon would bend the knee once he was able to determine Dany's value as a leader, but what was interesting was the debate about whether Dany would rule OVER Jon, or BESIDE him. I got the sense that when Dany let go of Jon's hand, that she was also letting go of a future with him by her side.

I got a little different vibe from that. I thought she pulled her hand back because she realized that she might be falling in love with him, and that made her very nervous. The reason I think she ends up ruling with him is because if he ends up not being king, then the entire R+L=J thing was completely pointless. There was just too much build up in regard to that storyline for it to be a a throw away. Unless of course the Night King wins.

It's possible but I'd argue that his lineage is still important even if they don't get married. The fact that his father is a Targaryen and his mother is a Stark means that Jon is the physical embodiment of ice and fire and he represents a bridge. His familial relation to Dany is what allowed him to bond with Drogon and gain her trust. If Dany wins the Iron Throne, it would be poetic for Jon to join the 'Queensguard' and continue to serve as the Shield who guards the realm. He doesn't have to wear the crown to make his parentage meaningful.
GoneGirl
AG
dlance said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

Who did the undead bear kill?
An extra.
Ser Not Appearing in the Next Episode.
M.C. Swag
AG
excuse you!
Carl Underguard
AG
I actually don't think Dany and Jon have any chemistry. Funny how people can see things so differently.
Carl Underguard
AG
And just to up the ante, I think Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke are bad actors.
First Page Last Page
Page 173 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.