Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,146,861 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
AgLiving06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ags4DaWin said:

Personally because of the "Dragon with 3 heads prophecy from the books" I thought all dragons would be safe and we would see tyrion, John, and Dany riding their dragons in the final season.

Now it looks like only John and dang are going to get to ride. My only question is how Ghost is going to feel about that.

Well. He's been a ghost for two seasons now so I'm not sure he will care.
Pignorant
AG
Ned & Robb Stark did not die for this bs going on at Winterfell.
annie88
AG
The Dog Lord said:

annie88 said:

To me if the dragons had taken out the main white guys, the leaders it seems like the whole clan would've died but oh well. And I'm not happy about John even figuratively taking the knee. I figured they go that way because of all the feminist **** right now and they wouldn't let a white man "win" so to speak but kind of disappointed me.

People who ***** about stuff like this are just as bad as the people that would ***** about a woman bowing down to Jon as king.

Personally, I'd like for him to remain king or them to end the power struggle thru a marriage, but I'm not gonna fault the guy for doing that after she saves them and pledges to fight the Night King with him. That's really all he wanted from someone that asked for his fealty.
Deputy Travis Junior
Apparently everybody in Westeros has a physics PhD. First Bronn and now a WW hits, from several hundred yards away, a target that's traveling 100+ mph and adjusting its trajectory in 3 dimensions.
The Dog Lord
AG
PatAg said:

I love this show, but watching this season and last makes me really sad that he didn't finish writing them first.

I hope he is ashamed. I can't imagine how ****ty it would feel for someone else to reveal things like Jon's resurrection, a dragon being turned, etc. if I was responsible for the story. Then again, I wouldn't ever let it happen like he has done.
annie88
AG
jenn96 said:

I'm not a fan on the current Arya-Sansa dynamic but I'm hoping that Arya is testing Sansa to see what she does when she's threatened. And hoping that sending Brienne away was a ploy. Because otherwise this whole subplot is an insult to them both.
Could be, we'll see.
DannyDuberstein
AG
RPM said:

I'd still like to hold out hope that Viserion comes back to Dany at the end. Since dragons are magical creatures and not typical wight animals I am hoping this will happen.

i wouldn't hold my breath on this one. Viserys was horrible to Dany. But she survived in spite of him.
jenn96
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Personally because of the "Dragon with 3 heads prophecy from the books" I thought all dragons would be safe and we would see tyrion, John, and Dany riding their dragons in the final season.

Now it looks like only John and dang are going to get to ride. My only question is how Ghost is going to feel about that.

Based on the last few seasons I imagine he'll feel invisible, lol.

I get what you're saying about the dragon has three heads but I always thought that was way too optimistic - too Lord of the Rings heroes brigade, as they ride off to save the day in the final battle. ASOIAF just isn't that kind of story.
Carl Underguard
AG
I'm holding out hope that things will be radically different in the books, or at least developed better.
MW03
AG
If GRRM had material, we'd be in season 12 and Jon would have just shaved for the first time at the wall.
CFTXAG10
AG
Could anyone tell in the preview for next week where that meeting was taking place? Looks like EVERYONE will be there. Maybe just outside Kings Landing?
Trident 88
AG
I was wrong, but after refusing his dad's sword and telling Thoros that he thought he was the bravest man he'd ever seen, I thought Ser Jorah was going to sacrifice himself to save everyone tonight.
jenn96
AG
Carl Underguard said:

I'm holding out hope that things will be radically different in the books, or at least developed better.

Bless your heart.
Ags4DaWin
The Dog Lord said:

PatAg said:

I love this show, but watching this season and last makes me really sad that he didn't finish writing them first.

I hope he is ashamed. I can't imagine how ****ty it would feel for someone else to reveal things like Jon's resurrection, a dragon being turned, etc. if I was responsible for the story. Then again, I wouldn't ever let it happen like he has done.

A lot of key plot points and characters have diverged from what will be in the books for the past 3 or 4 seasons. George R. Martin has made that very clear. The show and the books are going to diverge and have diverged significantly and that is okay. A lot of overarching themes are going to be similar but differences will be many and plentiful enough to be able to enjoy both.
BowSowy
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

So now I can say it...

Every single one of you that "theorized" that there would be a wight dragon read the Reddit spoilers, tried to pass them off as legitimate theories, and cheapened the impact of the moment for people.

I feel like a dragon dying and being resurrected was pretty easy to tell from the foreshadowing this season (although that might be due to hindsight). It's the predictions that nailed events we've already seen or are going to nail events next week that make it more clear.
The Dog Lord
AG
annie88 said:

The Dog Lord said:

annie88 said:

To me if the dragons had taken out the main white guys, the leaders it seems like the whole clan would've died but oh well. And I'm not happy about John even figuratively taking the knee. I figured they go that way because of all the feminist **** right now and they wouldn't let a white man "win" so to speak but kind of disappointed me.

People who ***** about stuff like this are just as bad as the people that would ***** about a woman bowing down to Jon as king.

Personally, I'd like for him to remain king or them to end the power struggle thru a marriage, but I'm not gonna fault the guy for doing that after she saves them and pledges to fight the Night King with him. That's really all he wanted from someone that asked for his fealty.
**** off. I can have my opinion. I want Jon as the King, so I didn't like it. I don't have to agree with you. And you don't have to be an arrogant ******* and talk down to people.

Sorry just thought we'd start the fighting off early this week... Seriously though, wasn't trying to be a ******. I've seen comments like these a lot the last few weeks, and I just personally don't see why there has to be a PC motivation behind it for it to happen. I agree with you that I'd like to see Jon stay independent, so I wasn't too happy with it either.

I'm guessing it serves 1 of 2 purposes: end the power struggle portion of the story or add to the issues of the northern lords turning on Jon just as fast as they crowned him king.
RadAg14
AG
SeattleAgJr
CFTXAG10 said:

Could anyone tell in the preview for next week where that meeting was taking place? Looks like EVERYONE will be there. Maybe just outside Kings Landing?
Dragon Pits, King's Landing.
SeattleAgJr
RadAg14 said:

racist
Ags4DaWin
Agreed. I figured some would die. Or even two of the three. But not before each got to ride a dragon of their own. Now tyrion will never get one.
CFTXAG10
AG
Thank you!
The Dog Lord
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

The Dog Lord said:

PatAg said:

A lot of key plot points and characters have diverged from what will be in the books for the past 3 or 4 seasons. George R. Martin has made that very clear. The show and the books are going to diverge and have diverged significantly and that is okay. A lot of overarching themes are going to be similar but differences will be many and plentiful enough to be able to enjoy both.

I don't doubt that, but the show runners are supposed to know the overall story and some of the main events. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the same things happen. It'd be great if the endings are a little different though. I could see the books being sadder or at least more bittersweet than what the show may have planned.
The Dog Lord
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Maybe either the ruined dragon pit or the ruined Spet of Baelor. My guess is Cercei chooses the second as a form of intimidation.
La Bamba
AG
What I find annoying is if the NK is gifted with such talents, as in with abilities to gore a flying dragon with an ice spear, why the crap did he not take down Drogon, who was on the ground, surrounded by a group of people who represent the biggest obstacle/threat to his reign and takeover. OR, where were the damn spears when the Magnificent 7 were surrounded? Did the thought of "Oh, these effers are sleeping around this crust of ice and we can't kill them, Walker, fetch me my ice spears" not come to his frozen mind?

If he's so darn powerful, the 7 should have been dead. Easily.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This would have been a good one for Jorah to die while saving Dany from a wight. Should have been something like that to cause the delay vs Jon going stupid ape*****
PatAg
AG
I thought he was fighting them while everyone got on the dragon safely
annie88
AG
Well, I'm sorry for being so ugly too.

Good points. We'll see what happens. I do like the Danyeris and if she ends up being the queen so be it. Hollywood just seems on a push recently against certain things and more for others but probably not fair for me to interject that here.

Maybe she and John won't end up being related and they can get married, who knows. King and queen maybe? Well maybe not but who knows where it goes from here.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He was, but it seemed to get a little carried away.
Ags4DaWin
Knowing Cersei, it's the dragon pit and she chose it as a way to try to unhinge Dany and rub in Viseryus' death.
MW03
AG
So who snatched up Thoros' +5 sword of flame?
Koldus131
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

So now I can say it...

Every single one of you that "theorized" that there would be a wight dragon read the Reddit spoilers, tried to pass them off as legitimate theories, and cheapened the impact of the moment for people.

I highly disagree with this. I haven't read any spoilers or anything and didn't think anything of people posting that because that's been a popular theory for a really long time. Have to even the playing field somehow.
jenn96
AG
Assuming GRRM ever finishes the books it wouldn't surprise me if he purposely changed as many details as possible from the show to keep the story less predictable.

That being said, I don't think there's a chance the books will ever be finished.
The Dog Lord
AG
annie88 said:

Well, I'm sorry for being so ugly too.

Good points. We'll see what happens. I do like the Danyeris and if she ends up being the queen so be it. Hollywood just seems on a push recently against certain things and more for others but probably not fair for me to interject that here.

Maybe she and John won't end up being related and they can get married, who knows. King and queen maybe? Well maybe not but who knows where it goes from here.

Maybe Cersei actually kills Dany next week so Jon gets to be King again. Speaking of that, was Dany even in Kings Landing in the preview?
mazzag
AG
Arya needs to die. Her story and eyebrows have worn me out. The dragon drug up from the ice has magical powers beyond the night king and will be on the side of the good guys when it counts.
DannyDuberstein
AG
For a guy that cant get motivated to finish, just writing out the string would really seem to be an unmotivating drag. Even if you do try to change it up.
First Page Last Page
Page 166 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.