Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,139,022 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggietony2010
AG
FrioAg said:

SeaAg15 said:

So has anyone mentioned this? I totally missed it when I was watching. Looks like Bran doing a little warging action to me.

Can't tell if it's that or the hilt getting splashed.

That or a reflection of Jon climbing out of the water through the gems.

Not every cinematic decision is a prophesy/magic/foreshadowing.
Boiling Denim
RockInspector said:

If you truly want to ***** about something, how about *****ing about the tons and tons of huge chains that damn near the entire army of the dead used to pull the dead dragon out of the icy water.

Don't think they just happened upon that now do you...and they damn sure weren't carrying it with them.

I think it's pretty obvious now, as has now been theorized in a lot of places, that the Night King can greensee(like Bran) and set the whole thing up to kill a dragon. The dragon will be the key to destroying the wall and last night's battle will be the catalyst for the timing of the WW invasion and why it's happening now.
Aggie_2463
AG
I like to keep thinking he died, thus the wolf eyes closed. Then, the lord of light brought him back so the eyes on the wolf opened back up.

but it doesn't really matter either way lol.
BallerStaf2003
AG
As a book reader, I couldn't be more disappointed in how the last few episodes have turned out.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/game-changing-thrones-spectacle-buckles-under-pres-259689#comments

Sums up my thoughts.

Horrible plot development with capturing the wight and bringing to Cersei.

Jon constantly makes terrible decisions in battle.

Jon and Dany love story seemed to come out of thin air, with no development.

Sansa and Arya need to take a class on basic communication. Also if they actually do really turn on each other they learned absolutely nothing these past 6 seasons. Poor writing similar to Arya daydreaming in brawvos so the Waif could stab her. How is she still so stupid?
G Martin 87
AG
That sounds plausible to me.
Bregxit
AG
aggietony2010 said:

FrioAg said:

SeaAg15 said:

So has anyone mentioned this? I totally missed it when I was watching. Looks like Bran doing a little warging action to me.

Can't tell if it's that or the hilt getting splashed.

That or a reflection of Jon climbing out of the water through the gems.

Not every cinematic decision is a prophesy/magic/foreshadowing.

Yep. When he is pulling himself out of the water and both eyes are facing the camera it is clear that the changes in the eyes are reflections of light.
wangus12
AG
Well blame GRRM for not finishing the books and leaving the story to D&D.

He also told HBO while he was on set early in the series that Jon and Dany were the main focus of the story and I thought it was pretty easy to see how they were the two true main characters in the books. Hard to not see that they'd eventually come together in some way, although it could have just been politically.

Quote:

TAYLOR: (Laughs) There's been an inevitability to the two of them coming together. It's been foreshadowed over and over again, and those who know the books know it's inevitable, but that doesn't tell you anything about how it's going to play out or how it's going to go. I remember when I was doing Season 1 and we were on location in Malta, and George R. R. Martin came to visit. He was sitting in a chair, and he was being really quite open about things that were to come

DEADLINE: About Jon and Dany or Game of Thrones in general?

TAYLOR: Bit of both, but it was early days and nobody was paying attention to the show. We didn't really know what a phenomenon it was going to be, and I think he was being less guarded than we've become since then. Anyways, he alluded to the fact that Jon and Dany were the point, kind of. That, at the time, there was a huge, vast array of characters, and Jon was a lowly, you know, ******* son. So it wasn't clear to us at the time, but he did sort of say things that made it clear that the meeting and the convergence of Jon and Dany were sort of the point of the series.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/game-of-thrones-spoilers-recap-kit-harington-emilia-clarke-alan-taylor-beyond-the-wall-season-7-hbo-1202152264/
OnlyForNow
AG
He has been reading Reddit too.

If you watch the hardhome clip (first scene - where they arrive) the eyes appear to open as well.

Lots of theories on these... one being that it is a clear jewel through both eyes, so you can see a refracted reflection of anything on the other side.

Other is that longclaw is magical and is connected to Jon. There are some zooming shots of the eyes and it sure as hell looks like it hasn't pupils that narrow down.
combat wombat™
AG
I'm thinking Arya and Sansa have information provided by Bran and are playing LF.
Boiling Denim
BallerStaf2003 said:

As a book reader, I couldn't be more disappointed in how the last few episodes have turned out.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/game-changing-thrones-spectacle-buckles-under-pres-259689#comments

Stopped reading after the author kept insisting Dany has complete control of all three dragons and can send them off with orders to do her bidding without supervision. How ludicrous.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
KidDoc said:

Does anyone else think the NK was using Jon and company as bait so he could net himself a dragon mount? I mean he was just sitting there with his javelins for a day or two.
In episode 5 Bran sees the Night King in a vision

Sure looks a lot like the lake where our heroes got trapped this episode.

On closer inspection though, the rock the NK is standing on and the one our heroes are on look different.

But, when the show zooms out and shows the area, there is another rock to the side that looks about the same shape and if you were to take the same angle as the shot from Bran's perspective it very well could be the same rock the NK stood on

It's possible that the NK knew they were coming and lured them into a trap to get a dragon.

claym711
AG
If the NK planned all that, Bran is a pretty ****ty three eyed raven for not seeing anything involved, or if he did, for not doing a damn thing about it.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Urban Ag said:

- The only reason LF is still alive is because Sansa suffers him until she can turn the Knights of the Vale against him - and that is it. She bloody hates him.

All she would have to do is tell the truth about how he murdered Lyssa.
Bregxit
AG
Boiling Denim said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Stopped reading after the author kept insisting Dany has complete control of all three dragons and can send them off with orders to do her bidding without supervision. How ludicrous.

Where did he say that?
Carl Underguard
AG
Agreed. I had a lot of similar complaints on the episode six spoiler thread that I won't bother rehashing here.
bangobango
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Sums up my thoughts.

Horrible plot development with capturing the wight and bringing to Cersei.

Jon constantly makes terrible decisions in battle.

Jon and Dany love story seemed to come out of thin air, with no development.

Sansa and Arya need to take a class on basic communication. Also if they actually do really turn on each other they learned absolutely nothing these past 6 seasons. Poor writing similar to Arya daydreaming in brawvos so the Waif could stab her. How is she still so stupid?

I disagree about Jon and Dany. I feel like that is one thing that has been done very well. Their chemistry has been fun to watch this season.
bangobango
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

If it turns out that Sansa and Arya are involved together in some sort of double cross plot and end up taking down Little finger, that'll be completely out of left field because these lazy writers have given no indication that they are working together and every indication that they aren't.

But I won't be surprised if that's what happens either, because it's obvious the writers are reading the internet comments by viewers and adjusting the script accordingly. And before any smartass thanks I'm suggesting they read texags, I'm saying that the majority of non-TA show watchers I know are also complaining about these same points.

These episodes were all filmed months before they aired.
chase128
AG
People are never going to be happy about the show anymore. It's sad really.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Stop being so critical.
aggie93
AG
HvilleAggie said:

Specific spoilers include, in no specific order:
1) white walkers owning a dragon
I can see this one. There has been speculation for years though that this could happen and it isn't a crazy reach.
2) dany rescuing the ranging party
This was the most logical thing that was going to happen.
3) Jon and dany making serious strides towards falling in L-O-V-E
Seriously? This was a spoiler?
4) uncle benjen saving the day for Jon a la Bronn for Jamie
Also lots of things pointing to this. We knew Benjen still had a role to play and we knew that he couldn't go across the Wall. I expected him to show up.
5) arya and Sansa squabbling
They had been squabbling the previous episode, it just escalated.

BallerStaf2003
AG
chase128 said:

Or you could not be so sensitive and just blow it off.

It's personally reasonable to be disappointed that they took such an amazing story and put it in crazy fast forward. It's not like I'm saying it sucks but there is definitely shaky writing.
chase128
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

chase128 said:

Or you could not be so sensitive and just blow it off.

It's personally reasonable to be disappointed that they took such an amazing story and put it in crazy fast forward. It's not like I'm saying it sucks but there is definitely shaky writing.
Yeah, GRRM screwed up not finishing it in time.

I've still been on the edge of my seat this whole season.
dc509
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

If the NK can control everything else without talking, why would he need to actually ride the dragon?
Because riding a dragon is badass.
Trident 88
AG
Dan 07 said:

Maybe I'm just looking for any redeeming aspects of the Winterfell scenes, but was Arya telling Sansa to kill LF and bring his face to Arya? Arya and Sansa both know that LF is plotting, but Sansa needs LF around for the Knights (and I think Arya now realizes this or at least accepts it). Well how do you keep him and the Knights around but keep him from plotting? You can't just send him away or straight up kill him without losing the Vale. So you kill him and wear his face, and nobody suspects a thing.
I love this theory, and I really hope it's true. It provides an excellent alternative explanation of why Arya gave the dagger to Sansa, turned around, and left the room. Is it because she doesn't feel threatened in the least by Sansa, or was she subtly encouraging her to take out Littlefinger so that she could take his place?

If it turns out to be true, then Arya is playing the Game of Thrones at Varys' level, and I will have no problem with the stupid conflict going on between her and Sansa right now.
aggie93
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

Urban Ag said:

- The only reason LF is still alive is because Sansa suffers him until she can turn the Knights of the Vale against him - and that is it. She bloody hates him.

All she would have to do is tell the truth about how he murdered Lyssa.
You do realize she would also implicate herself as an accomplice in doing so, right? She lied to the Lords of the Vale about what happened to protect LF.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Dan 07 said:

Maybe I'm just looking for any redeeming aspects of the Winterfell scenes, but was Arya telling Sansa to kill LF and bring his face to Arya? Arya and Sansa both know that LF is plotting, but Sansa needs LF around for the Knights (and I think Arya now realizes this or at least accepts it). Well how do you keep him and the Knights around but keep him from plotting? You can't just send him away or straight up kill him without losing the Vale. So you kill him and wear his face, and nobody suspects a thing.

This would be cool.
HtownAg92
AG
Someone posted above, but it is worth repeating - Jon and Dany are definitely having a kid. Kids came up three different times in the episode - Tyrion talking about succession since Dany can't have kids, Jorah hoping that the sword serves Jon well, "as well as your children", and then Dany telling Jon she can't have children. They beat us over the head with that.

The WW now have a dragon, but didn't they take a pretty big blow in numbers? Seems like the dragons took out a bunch with fire or drowned them in the melted ice, which should incapacitate them (refreeze) even if they didn't die.

LF is going to die. Sansa will do it with the dagger. No other reason for Arya to give her B of a sister a rare and valuable dagger.
AgShaun00
AG
any significance to the faces arya had that she could use to kill LF or Cersei?
wangus12
AG
I'm looking forward to the introductions in King's Landing now.

Cersei will have a nice long intro

Dany will have her long intro

Jon.......is the KITN and that is it.
Boiling Denim
dlance said:

Boiling Denim said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Where did he say that?
"Why wouldn't they have had Daenerys bring at least one of her dragons to Eastwatch on standby in case something went wrong?"

"Did he never even ask Daenerys about the possibility of using the dragons? It would be one thing if we had seen a sequence of Daenerys offering the dragons as support in "Eastwatch""

"Jon asking for the dragons but Daenerys refusing to offer them"

This is where I stopped reading so not sure if he floundered around with this stupid idea any more
titanmaster_race
Is dany even coming to the meeting? I don't think we saw her in the previews.
jenn96
AG
Quote:

If the NK planned all that, Bran is a pretty ****ty three eyed raven for not seeing anything involved, or if he did, for not doing a damn thing about it.
Maybe Bran wanted it to happen. Am I the only one who doesn't think Bran is really a "good guy" anymore? I don't think he's evil, but he is seeing a very long game. I don't know that his interests as the 3ER necessarily coincide with what's best for Jon, Dany, Sansa etc.

Now as for how the NK knew that a dragon was out there for the taking, no idea - but as a creature of the CotF it's logical that he would have greenseer abilities. I too thought it was a setup for the NK to get a dragon. All they had to do to kill the men immediately was for one of the WW to go to the water and freeze it, and the game is over.

I agree with the thoughts that these episodes are great - exciting and fun to watch - and also a bit aggravating because they've abandoned all logic as to the geography and backstories of what's happening. The writers are far more interested in the "big reveal" gutpunch than setting up coherent stories and following them through.
wangus12
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Is dany even coming to the meeting? I don't think we saw her in the previews.
I thought the whole point of the meeting was putting everyone together to discuss the true threat. And she told Tyrion that she'd finally meet his sister
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Still the Sansa Arya squabble does not look like they are playing anyone. Meaning, they don't trust each other enough to be direct with each other; they suspect, but each has shown SOMETHING of a resistance to act until they have real proof. (Sansa sending away her only reliable protector; Arya giving Sansa the knife)

LF will need to plant more to get things done.

Jon's supplication to Dany will put more strain on this than anything LF could come up with. I sure hope Jon doesn't just send a raven to Winterfell to announce he's surrendered the North. Be a 'man' and tell the Noth lords yourself.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

Now as for how the NK knew that a dragon was out there for the taking, no idea - but as a creature of the CotF it's logical that he would have greenseer abilities. I too thought it was a setup for the NK to get a dragon. All they had to do to kill the men immediately was for one of the WW to go to the water and freeze it, and the game is over.
Or just have the all-time javelin champion Night King pick them off from across the lake with ice spears
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 172 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.