Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,405 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

bangobango said:

redline248 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Tyrion is also a dragon rider/Targaryen and she hasn't caught onto that either.
absolutely zero evidence of this being the case.

There is evidence, but it is far from settled or conclusive.
Heresay is not evidence. The only thing that could even be taken as evidence in any fashion is that Tyrion did not get roasted when he went to unchain the dragons.

All the talk about the mad king and Joanna and the rift between him and Tywin is 100% speculation. And by the way, the show has introduced exactly none of that. In contrast, there were numerous hints about Jon throughout, starting with Oberyn talking to Tyrion. (maybe something earlier that I don't remember). It is too late in the show to dump that on the viewers.

I don't think it happens, either, just pointing out that evidence does exist. And I don't know where you got hearsay is not evidence, but it absolutely is.
annie88
AG
By the way, last season was there a big gap to where we didn't know exactly what was going on with Sansa? Or was it kept pretty much in real time? I feel like there was a pretty long time. But maybe I'm just not remembering closely. You don't think she had a baby and gave it up/killed it off screen?

OK, OK I'll get off this Sansa having Ramsays baby thing but there's something that just feels weird to me about it.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
jenn96
AG
Thoughts:
Bran telling Sansa about her wedding with details that he couldn't have known unless he could really see through time will help convince her that he's telling the truth when he tells her about Jon's parentage, Littlefinger's betrayal or anything else that he might decide to share.

By having Dany lose so many allies and strategic battles, it gives her permission (to herself) to unleash the dragons on her enemies. And I think Jon will recognize that.

Related - if one of Dany's dragons is killed, the corpse will be just laying there ready to be wighted. Night King riding a zombie dragon would be sweet. They are pretty far south now but depending on how far south the Walkers get it could be interesting.

Seriously, Olenna Tryell is a gangsta. What a cold-hearted *****. Slow clap.

I know Cersei is Not Nice (as my four year old would say) but I thought poisoning Ellarias daughter the way she did was utterly perfect. Nothing utterly sick (I was afraid she was going to give the girl to Gregor, ugh) but perfect eye for an eye revenge. Killing Myrcella was an evil, petty act of violence on an innocent and I'm glad Ellaria will pay. With luck this episode will be the last time we hear the word Dorne on the show.
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

agrams said:

Hmm, jon and dany in a cave... that's his move! and this time he doesnt 'know nothing'

CAVE SEX!

best video related to Game of Thrones yet
nikator
AG
Is Edmure Tully still at Casterly Rock? With the Freys gone releasing the former lord paramount of the Riverlands could have that region rise up against Cersei again.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
tk for tu juan
According to the viewers guide, the Freys had Edmure in a cell in Riverrun after Jaime released him.
marble rye
AG
redline248 said:

bangobango said:

redline248 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Heresay is not evidence. The only thing that could even be taken as evidence in any fashion is that Tyrion did not get roasted when he went to unchain the dragons.

All the talk about the mad king and Joanna and the rift between him and Tywin is 100% speculation. And by the way, the show has introduced exactly none of that. In contrast, there were numerous hints about Jon throughout, starting with Oberyn talking to Tyrion. (maybe something earlier that I don't remember). It is too late in the show to dump that on the viewers.

There is also the fact that all three: Jon, Dany, and Tyrion's childbirths resulted in the deaths of their mothers.
redline248
AG
Lots of mothers die in childbirth in westeros.
marble rye
AG
K.

Did anyone else catch Cersei's words before kissing Tyene? Calling her beautiful and that it would be a shame to let Clegane smash her skull that seemed as delicate is a "duck's egg."

Did I hear that right? Shout out to the show that wont be made? Taunting fan service?
wangus12
AG
redline248 said:

Yes, she was a newborn baby when Rhaegar died.
Rhaegar was actually dead before she was ever born.
aggie93
AG
redline248 said:

If you are looking for hard proof you won't find it, but you rarely do in this show. Main evidence though:

There are 3 Dragons and 3 Dragon riders. You need death to pay for life. Jon, Dany, and Tyrion all lost their mothers in childbirth.

Tywin never treated Tyrion as a full son and he told Tyrion as he was dying he was not his son. Was that because he was a dwarf and his wife died giving birth to him? Maybe but maybe not.

Tyrion has always been obsessed with dragons and was reading and dreaming about dragons all the way back to the first book/season. As stated the dragons also didn't kill him.

Why would the books make such a big deal about how the Mad King lusted after Joanna and he got too friendly during the bedding at her wedding to Tywin?

Doesn't make it so but there are plenty of things in the show with less evidence and foreshadowing.
redline248
AG
It's possible it happens in the book, but I give it less than 10% chance it happens in the show.
Bregxit
AG
Pam Poovey said:

K.

Did anyone else catch Cersei's words before kissing Tyene? Calling her beautiful and that it would be a shame to let Clegane smash her skull that seemed as delicate is a "duck's egg."

Did I hear that right? Shout out to the show that wont be made? Taunting fan service?
Doubt it. Big difference between "Dunk and Egg" and "duck's egg".
Ag of Northern Virginia
Cave Johnson, CEO said:

Creepy bran was creepy.
This guy disagrees.

marble rye
AG
dlance said:

Pam Poovey said:

K.

Doubt it. Big difference between "Dunk and Egg" and "duck's egg".

Holy **** Im an idiot and high.
Cromagnum
AG
The pacing is way off though. Just last episode Euron is near Dragonstone and obliterates Yaras fleet, and in this one he is all the way over at Casterly Rock and blasting Unsullied ships. The only thing I could think of is that half of his fleet stayed near the Iron Islands while half when to Dragonstone in the first place.
coastalAg
AG
aggie93 said:

redline248 said:

If you are looking for hard proof you won't find it, but you rarely do in this show. Main evidence though:

There are 3 Dragons and 3 Dragon riders. You need death to pay for life. Jon, Dany, and Tyrion all lost their mothers in childbirth.

Tywin never treated Tyrion as a full son and he told Tyrion as he was dying he was not his son. Was that because he was a dwarf and his wife died giving birth to him? Maybe but maybe not.

Tyrion has always been obsessed with dragons and was reading and dreaming about dragons all the way back to the first book/season. As stated the dragons also didn't kill him.

Why would the books make such a big deal about how the Mad King lusted after Joanna and he got too friendly during the bedding at her wedding to Tywin?

Doesn't make it so but there are plenty of things in the show with less evidence and foreshadowing.
Arent Jaime and Cersei the eldest Lannister children? If Aerys took liberties with Joanna on her wedding night, then they would be Targaryen, no? Or is the theory that Aerys and Joanna were intimate after she was married for a while?

I am not well versed in the books or a lot of the backstory, so sorry is this has been covered.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Jaime: "There are always lessons in failures."

Olenna: "You must be very wise by now."

All the snow in the north can't help the burns she was throwing out this episode
wangus12
AG
Cromagnum said:

The pacing is way off though. Just last episode Euron is near Dragonstone and obliterates Yaras fleet, and in this one he is all the way over at Casterly Rock and blasting Unsullied ships. The only thing I could think of is that half of his fleet stayed near the Iron Islands while half when to Dragonstone in the first place.
That definitely seemed to be his capital ship leading the destruction of the rest of Dany's fleet
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
It's a tinfoil theory brought to life by a single line of dialogue in the books that was given way more significance than it was intended due to fans who are overeager to find all the "secret Targs" in the books. If you read the subreddit r/asoiaf , you'll find that half the named characters in the books are possible Targs with plenty of supporting "evidence".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
wangus12 said:

Cromagnum said:

That definitely seemed to be his capital ship leading the destruction of the rest of Dany's fleet
Last episode Jon was in the North and this episode he sails up to Dragonstone the first scene. Time is passing
Ogre09
AG
wangus12 said:

Cromagnum said:

We don't know where Euron's fleet caught Yara's, right? Presumably Yara and Gray Worm left Dragonstone around the same time. Euron busts Yara near Dragon Stone, then chases Gray Worm to Casterly Rock. If his, ships are faster, it would make sense he arrives as the Unsullied are wrapping up their attack.
Max Power
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Jon Snow may need Littlefinger's help again by using his army to aid the unsullied as they cross northeast into Riverrun and the Vale to get to Dragonstone.

...or the unsullied could be up north fighting white walkers by season's end
The thing about this episode that is concerning is that Lady Tryrell, not Littlefinger, killed Joffrey. When it was thought that Littlefinger killed Joffrey there was no way he could every try to align with the Lannisters at any point in the future. Once Cercei learns that Lady Tyrell is the one who poisoned him Littlefinger's crime will be that he took Sansa out of the city, which she can get over if they align.

Littlefinger is in Winterfell, and his army still as well? I don't know what the military situation is in Winterfell at this moment between the northern families and the Vale, does the Vale outnumber the other forces?

Littlefinger being there when Sansa is laying out her plans was foolish. I can't help but think he's primed to play the other side again, especially when he told Sansa fight all the wars at the same time in your head. Littlefinger wants Sansa, she's not having it, not sure how that situation ever turns in his favor.

If Dany is going to turn the fight in her favor she's going to have to change her mind on her tactics, unless she finds out that the Lannister army wasn't at Casterly Rock and marched on Highgarden. The only way to get to those forces before they can make it back to Kings Landing is to unleash the dragons, this is her opportunity. Also I don't know if she has any ships left, if so Euron's fleet is on the other side of Westeros, which would create an opportunity for a land invasion.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
annie88 said:

Two things just came to my mind re-watching this. Rhaegar is Jon's father so you think that Daenerys would see some kind of resemblance in Jon to him. But she's not really thinking that way so maybe not.

Also Jon is a Targaryen so one or all of the dragons will bow down to him at some point and he'll be able to command them. Which I think will blow Daenerys' mind.

She never knew Rhaegar actually. Yes he is her brother but 20 years older and he died before she was born. Her pregnant mother escaped to Dragonstone near the end of Roberts Rebellion after aerys and Rhaegar were killed. and she died giving birth to Dany. then the children were sent to Essos under protection.

Edit - just saw the other replies. Sorry redundant info.
Al Bula
AG
Zombie army, flying cryptids, Sam the street doctor...

And you people complain about some naval logistics?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

annie88 said:

Rhaegar is Jon's father so you think that Daenerys would see some kind of resemblance in Jon to him.

Dany might not have, but the viewers did.

And

http://imgur.com/a/bWQ8X
MicheIangeIo
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

It's a tinfoil theory brought to life by a single line of dialogue in the books that was given way more significance than it was intended due to fans who are overeager to find all the "secret Targs" in the books. If you read the subreddit r/asoiaf , you'll find that half the named characters in the books are possible Targs with plenty of supporting "evidence".

Disagree. A meta analysis of the literature shows their is no statistically significant evidence to support this claim.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
MicheIangeIo said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Disagree. The literature shows their is no statistically significant evidence to support this claim.

I laughed at this one
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BallerStaf2003
AG
redline248 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Yes, there is.

Tyrion's mother died at childbirth. So did Jon Snow and Daenerys' mother.

The Mad King visited and always bedded the Lord of where he was visiting's wife.

Tywin said "you are a Lannister since I cannot price you are not mine"

The dragons did not attack him when he entered their crypt.

In the books he frequently talks about how interested he is in dragons and fire.

He is absolutely half Targaryen
wangus12
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

wangus12 said:

Cromagnum said:

Last episode Jon was in the North and this episode he sails up to Dragonstone the first scene. Time is passing
I definitely agree. And they've told as a million times that time passes differently from scene to scene. It isn't chronological order
BallerStaf2003
AG
redline248 said:

bangobango said:

redline248 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

It was said on the show that Tyrion's mother died at childbirth, Tywin saying you're not mine, and Tyrion's love of fire.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wangus12 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

wangus12 said:

Cromagnum said:

I definitely agree. And they've told as a million times that time passes differently from scene to scene. It isn't chronological order

Well it has to be somewhat chronological as when characters actually meet up. But we don't know how long ago he left the North to show up then. Obviously events are moving a little closer together as they are all in much closer proximity now.

KL, Dragonstone, Casterly Rock and Highgarden are not that far apart. Compared to the Wall, Essos, Dorne, etc.

And the unsullied sailed for Casterly Rock before euron's attack last week. Then the Lannisters knowing they were coming there sent their armies to Highgarden - Jaime must have met up with them on the way because he was in KL just before that (clever little misdirection there). While euron somehow went from that attack to KL then sailed around to CR as well - he must have the fastest ships.

Too much crossover now to simply say they aren't chronological - they kinda have to be as so many are crossing paths but time is compressed where needed.
Ogre09
AG
Maybe Euron took his prisoners to KL and sent his fleet without him to CR following the battle with Yara.

Or KL and Dragonstone are very close, so if he did go to KL and then to CR himself he didn't lose much time.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
BallerStaf2003 said:

redline248 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Yes, there is.

Tyrion's mother died at childbirth. So did Jon Snow and Daenerys' mother.

The Mad King visited and always bedded the Lord of where he was visiting's wife.

Tywin said "you are a Lannister since I cannot price you are not mine"

The dragons did not attack him when he entered their crypt.

In the books he frequently talks about how interested he is in dragons and fire.

He is absolutely half Targaryen

Counterpoints:

Tywin would never have let Tyrion live had he suspected he was not truly his son, which goes against the idea that he knew.

Then you have Tyrions aunt who says despite Tywins hate for Tyrion, he is the child most like Tywin.

Mance Rayders child's mother died in child birth, I guess that means he is a Targ, too.

There is no evidence that Aerys ever saw Joanna or visited The Rock after the wedding night.

Tyrion going into the dragon pit was never part of the books, you're confusing it with the show.

The show has made absolutely no effort in giving hints to Tyrion being a Targ which would be a development that would be just as or nearly as important as R+L=J.

I'd say this theory has as much likelihood of happening as Sam being the Prince that was Promised.
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.