Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,145,296 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Has to be asked - is there a spy/leaker in Dany's camp?

Or are the Lannisters just smarter so far?

I mean how did they know they would sail for Dorne first and for CR instead of going straight for KL and the killshot on the crown?

Varys maybe? He "acted" very shocked and surprised at the loss of the fleet but....who knows.

Could simply be strategic moves and maybe they just have some scouts and got some warning - it takes a long time to move that far with so many so they had time to react. If they saw the fleet sailing they could surmise it was for CR the only other coastal place for attack besides KL (and that would be known quick based on direction from Dragonstone) especially since they were not sailing north.

I don't know just have to wonder. But if not, then so far Tyrion has been outsmarted twice by his siblings. Could just be setup (thematically) so it's not just a one sided war (give them some victories before throwing down the hammer of Dany and her dragons - plus it gives her reason to use them). Which itself could be another setup as they have the weapon to take out at least one dragon.

It works either way - a spy or simply outmaneuvered - but Dany has to wonder as well right?

FightinTexasAg15
AG
Spy or no, I think Dany is about to go more of the "fire and blood" route
Houston Lee
AG
Who will be left to fight the White Walkers?

-You have the Armies of the North and Wildlings already in the area
-The Unsullied are midway at CR
-The Lannister Army is probably going to meet up with them
-Dany is back with the Dothraki and her dragons at Dragonstone
-Euron is all over the place

1-I think Dany will destroy Euron's fleet with the dragons
2-Cersi must die before the consolidation of the armies can occur. The Lannister army, led by Jaime will either be destroyed by dragons or it will end up joining the fight against the dead.
3-The Unsullied will either be destroyed by the Lannister Army or they will team up with Jaime and head north.
4-I think the Dothraki are being held in reserve and they will be part of the final battle with the dead.

My bet is that this season ends with Cersi being killed. The next season will be all about the consolidation of the living armies to meet the dead army in battle.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The good news is Dany still has 3 dragons. The bad news is they are a whole lot slower than Euron's magic ships.
mazzag
AG
These aren't ships that are burning.

Post removed:
by user
Streetfighter 02
AG
MBAR said:

Also you guys are really ignoring Theon, but I promise you Theon is going to have a role to play at some point soon even if it's only rescuing Yara.
I could be stretching here but it would make sense that Theon drowned. Maybe a little mix of Patchface and being reborn by the drowned god. He didn't appear to act any differently after he was pulled from the water which is why I think it's a stretch.
wangus12
AG
mazzag said:

Actually looks like Dothraki. One on the left seems to have an arakh in his hand and the other is definitely sleeveless, something the westerosi knights wouldn't be
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

MBAR said:

Also you guys are really ignoring Theon, but I promise you Theon is going to have a role to play at some point soon even if it's only rescuing Yara.
I could be stretching here but it would make sense that Theon drowned. Maybe a little mix of Patchface and being reborn by the drowned god. He didn't appear to act any differently after he was pulled from the water which is why I think it's a stretch.
nope he is still a little *****. ultimately he will have to do something otherwise what is the point of dragging his lame ass around through 7 seasons?
Javelina
AG
mazzag said:

Field of Fire 2.0 next week. Dany is going to take Olenna's advice and be a dragon.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
annie88 said:

Two things just came to my mind re-watching this. Rhaegar is Jon's father so you think that Daenerys would see some kind of resemblance in Jon to him.
Why... she never met Rhaegar... she was a baby when he died.
wangus12
AG
She wasn't born when he died
SpreadsheetAg
AG
redline248 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Tyrion is also a dragon rider/Targaryen and she hasn't caught onto that either.
absolutely zero evidence of this being the case.
There is actually a lot of evidence, just no outright foreshadowing on the show.
Ranger222
AG
Listening to the Bald Move show recap podcast this morning, and they link Sansa being told there isn't enough food in the north to the Lannister's taking Highgarden. It's possible that when Dany goes "Mad King" in the next few episodes, she ends up burning all the food supply that the country needs during the long night. Thus even though she has been trying to save all the innocent people during her conquest, she ends up killing them through starvation after the next couple of moves she makes.

Could the next Jon/Sansa conflict come from Sansa aligning with someone in the "south" to save Winterfell and their shortage of food when Jon is looking to align with Dany for weapons/dragon glass?
agsquirrel97
AG
agrams said:

Hmm, jon and dany in a cave... that's his move! and this time he doesnt 'know nothing'
gonna have
oh no
AG
Episode 2: archmaester tells Jorah he's going to die, they can't help him, he'll need to leave tomorrow so the room can be used by someone they can help. Sam tries his experimental treatment.

Episode 2: Jon and Davos head out on a presumably very long journey to dragonstone

Episode 3: Jorah is still at the citadel, all cured

Episode 3: Jon and Davos have arrived at Dragonstone

...so did the archmaester end up letting Jorah stay for a lot longer than one day or are these two story archs on completely different timelines? ...not that it matters- i love the show - not complaining. Just curious if I misremembered the archmaester saying Jorah will be sent away in one day.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
SpreadsheetAg said:

redline248 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Tyrion is also a dragon rider/Targaryen and she hasn't caught onto that either.
absolutely zero evidence of this being the case.
There is actually a lot of evidence, just no outright foreshadowing on the show.

People keep talking about this evidence. There is more "evidence" that Jaime and Cersei are Targs than Tyrion. They are attractive like the Targs are said to be. They don't mind a little brother-sister action, much like the Targs. Cersei likes wildfire, just like her dad, the Mad King. It makes Jaime's murder of the Mad King even worse, as he now is a king slayer and a kinslayer. They would be more likely to have been conceived on the wedding night than Tyrion.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Al Bula
AG
Ranger222 said:

Could the next Jon/Sansa conflict come from Sansa aligning with someone in the "south" to save Winterfell and their shortage of food when Jon is looking to align with Dany for weapons/dragon glass?
Sure hope not. The women being petulant/spoiled/butthurt is the weakest point in the show.
wangus12
AG
I'd say he let him stay a little while longer. There is no way in hell the Jorah's body heals that much in a single night after being basically skinned alive
FightinTexasAg15
AG
No you're correct, the archmaester said if Jorah wasn't a knight he would be sent out immediately but because he was he would get to stay one day.

It's possible that because Sam gave him a treatment, they allowed him to stay longer to see if it worked?

The timeline on this part is pretty vague. But I think we're just supposed to look past it
Bregxit
AG
oh no said:

Episode 2: archmaester tells Jorah he's going to die, they can't help him, he'll need to leave tomorrow so the room can be used by someone they can help. Sam tries his experimental treatment.

Episode 2: Jon and Davos head out on a presumably very long journey to dragonstone

Episode 3: Jorah is still at the citadel, all cured

Episode 3: Jon and Davos have arrived at Dragonstone

...so did the archmaester end up letting Jorah stay for a lot longer than one day or are these two story archs on completely different timelines? ...not that it matters- i love the show - not complaining. Just curious if I misremembered the archmaester saying Jorah will be sent away in one day.

Well we know the story arcs are nowhere near linear or proportional in how they are presented but...

There is no way Sam debrided Jorah's infected flesh and Jorah healed over in under 24 hours.
tylercsbn9
AG
The long term arch is going to be the white walkers.

Jamie and Cersie will probably be resolved this season. In the trailer for the season you see Jamie alone charging in a field full of fire. My guess it that Danny and the dothraki go to Kings Landing and have a big battle. With Danny taking a win. She'll probably lose a dragon or two in the process.

Cersie will do something to turn Jamie fully against her. Something Mad King like. We've been building to that for seven seasons with his Kingslayer name and last night with Olena will just push him more in that direction.

Cersie will either do something to Tyrion still believing he is responsible for Jeoffry's death or they have more wildfire and are willing to use it on their own people. Jamie will finally see Cersie for what she is and kill her. I think he'll then lead whatever is left of the army on what is basically a suicide mission, he dies, his redemption arch is complete (killed Cersie, saved thousands if not hundred fo thousands of people from wildfire).

Final scene of the season will then set up Jon and company versus the white walkers.

Arya looks to be at Winterfel next week. Wondering if LF gets it next week or not. Also wonder if Jorah makes his way to Dragonstone to take over the army since things have gone to **** for Danny.
TheDraw
AG
Loved this episode! Favorite line was "As a very good friend told me...give me 10 good men and I'll impregnate the b17ch." Bron call out. Also possible episode 7 spoiler I found is posted below.
Taken down till I can figure out the coding/.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
wangus12 said:

I'd say he let him stay a little while longer. There is no way in hell the Jorah's body heals that much in a single night after being basically skinned alive
Yes, definitely. And the show isn't in chronological order all the time.
wangus12
AG
[sp][/sp]

Use these
Nagler
AG
The time lines don't all necessarily move at the same pace.

With Jorah, it's moving in days at the moment but when they need to get a fleet/army across the continent it speeds up. They don't have the time to follow the Unsullied day by day.

I'd be willing to bet they're not going to follow Jorah day by day until he gets to where he's going.

Well look at that, Jorah is constipated, lets watch him struggle with this... no. He'll show up and they expect you to realize he didn't magically get there, it took time.

Time lines ebb and flow, sometimes they move in hours, sometimes days, sometimes weeks. Just because they show something directly after one scene doesn't mean they're happening at the same time.
M.C. Swag
AG
Another spectacular episode! The moment GoT fans have been waiting for finally happened...Jon meet Dany.

Dany: "My life was really hard. I was bartered and raped."

Jon: "I actually died."

I was so happy the show spent as much time as it did on Jon/Dany/Tyrion's interactions. I was half convinced they were saving it for the end of the episode as a teaser into next week, but NOPE! This show doesn't have time to F around. Last week we had the fall of the Martells and Dany's Greyjoy alliance. This week included the fall of Highgarten and the capture of Casterly Rock. It's truly amazing the pace at which they're moving.

This was also one of the funnier episodes (courtesy of Tyrion/Davos).
  • "This is Jon Snow...he's uhh...the King of the North."
  • D:"Are you trying to pass your own statements off as ancient wisdom?"..T: "I wouldn't do that.."

Additionally, the book enthusiast in me loved the history lessons of old Westeros. Dany bringing up Torrhen Stark, aka "The King who Knelt" was fascinating. The parallels between those times and the current are striking. Aegon Targaryen took his armies and 3 dragons to conquer the 7 kingdoms one by one; the last of which being Winterfell. Torrhen was the last King of the North and abdicated his title to save his people from certain destruction. Jon could very well follow in his footsteps.

I was a lil underwhelmed by the Bran/Sansa reunion. I get the whole "I'm now a time traveling, omnipotent, magic wizard, & I don't have time for silly human stuff" angle...but they're still family! I just want all the Stark kids together and I want them to be as excited as I am! Lol

However, now that Bran is FINALLY in a position to share his knowledge with people who matter, I expect things in the North to get VERY interesting. Starting with LF. If Bran doesn't know about all of LF's betrayals, it seems it will surely get out. I don't know what significance the 'scrolls' of Winterfell will have, because the letter from Lysa was burned by Catelyn upon delivery. So unless Maester Luwin read and copied it before handing it over, I don't see that being the issue. But like I said, there's literally nothing in the world that Bran can't know. Seems like an easy route to go.

And now we can officially close the debate on Sansa and Tyrion's marriage. Once again, the show definitively declared the marriage unconsummated and thus not binding. I did find it kinda funny that was one of the first things Tyrion wanted to tell Jon..."hey man, I totally didn't bone your sister. Bro code."

RIP Olenna. She was a true OG.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Bran has been a very long buildup without any reward. Does anyone have any ideas as to what he actually will do that will have an impact on the story?
M.C. Swag
AG
He will most likely be the 'narrator' of the last great war with the Others. He'll basically play the role of the old sage wizard who tells the hero what must be done to defeat the bad guys.

Or he could totally warg into some Dragons and deal some damage.
Big Al 1992
AG
plowboy1065 said:

No mystery, not hers

I think she is pretty tatted up in real life so either body double or computer brushed.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I still don't understand why he doesn't just warg into Missandei when Jon and Daenerys are meeting, or a guard, or ANYONE and tell them that they are very closely related.

Wouldn't that save a lot of time and confusion?
ac04
Quote:

Bran has been a very long buildup without any reward. Does anyone have any ideas as to what he actualynwiol donthst will have an impact on the story?

i hope he is the night king
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

M.C. Swag said:

Going forward, I'm pumped to see Jon meet Dany and reunite with Tyrion. I wonder how the "bend the knee" expectation plays out. I know it was meant to hint at a power play or feud, but I've discussed this in the past. I don't believe Jon would have a problem with submitting to another ruler, providing they are just and committed to protecting the realm (which appears to be Dany's MO). So in my mind, Jon would acquiesce to Dany and work with her. But I do wonder if the show will show any hints of romanticism between them? I know they're technically related (Aunt/Nephew) but we've seen stranger relationships. On paper, they are a perfect match.
Jon won't bend the knee (not right out of the gate) - until he gets her commitment to help him fight the WW's and beat back the Army of the dead. I bet she refuses to help until she can secure her dominion over the 7 kingdoms. So an impasse.

They are boinking by curtain close on episode 7.
Still in play
Max Power
AG
Perhaps if Sam did cure Jorah's greyscale then they could send men to Valyria to look for more weapons made of Valyrian steel since that's where the stone men are. Now if someone were to be touched and there's a cure then it's not quite as big a deal. Though the cure doesn't appear to be pleasant.
M.C. Swag
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I still don't understand why he doesn't just warg into Missandei when Jon and Daenerys are meeting, or a guard, or ANYONE and tell them that they are very closely related.

Wouldn't that save a lot of time and confusion?
In the books they do a better job of explaining that warging into a Human mind is very difficult and very dangerous. There's also a line of ethics involved. It's akin to mental rape to take over another person's mind.
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.