Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,144,665 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
BallerStaf2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, been a really long time since I read them.

I guess it does risk Hodoring someone
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Calling my shot- LF offs Bran next episode (thus the scene with the dagger). Bran's too much of a threat to his plans.
BallerStaf2003
AG
No way. All that buildup and storyline for Bran just to get shiv'ed by Littlefinger?

No, Bran has to have some sort of a big role in this.

Although, I'm sure Littlefinger would love to kill him since Bran knows all the things he's done.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
0% chance Littlefinger kills Bran. Bran's journey would have been a complete waste. He hasn't even told Jon about his parentage. Bran has more things to do/see before the chance of his death
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I could see Tyrion greeting Jon will a joke.

"Greetings, Lord Snow. Tell me, what news of your sister, my darling bride?"
Niiiice
wangus12
AG
And I doubt LF knows what Bran can do and see
SpreadsheetAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

I still don't understand why he doesn't just warg into Missandei when Jon and Daenerys are meeting, or a guard, or ANYONE and tell them that they are very closely related.

Wouldn't that save a lot of time and confusion?
In the books they do a better job of explaining that warging into a Human mind is very difficult and very dangerous. There's also a line of ethics involved. It's akin to mental rape to take over another person's mind.
Correct, and there has to be a sort of bond first as well...

Basically as a skinchanger (warg) the first time you "slide" into another being, there is a mind-battle that takes place between the warg and the mind of the animal. The more strong willed the animal (a pack leader, a more intelligent animal, etc.) the tougher it is the subjugate it's mind. However, once the mind is subjugated the warg becomes the alpha of the relationship and it's easier and easier to take over that creature.

Most wargs are able to control 1 animal at a time, but can bond with 3 to 6 animals. However, again, there is a little piece of the person that is left behind in each warging animal - an imprint of the conscience. If the animal dies while its warged, that could be devastating to the warg/master and drive him mad. If the warg master stays too long in the beast, he might never come back out because he turns more and more into the animal as time passes while he's inside and he forgets what it's like to be human and pull himself back out - essentially regressing or devolving until he forgets how to slide back into his human self.

Warging into a human is unheard of - and Bran was only able to accomplish it because: 1) Bran is extremely adept naturally; 2) the first situation was so dire; 3) Bran and Hodor had a connection from growing up; 4) Hodor is mentally handicapped; 5) there's a wierd time-paradox thing going on where future Bran (more powerful) warged into young Hodor on accident and so without knowing it the first time Bran had been in Hodor's head before...

Basically, warging Hodor was a fluke. Warging a normal person would be impossible (so far as we know).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I could see Tyrion greeting Jon will a joke.

"Greetings, Lord Snow. Tell me, what news of your sister, my darling bride?"
Niiiice
"A sham marriage. Unconsummated."

"I didn't ask."
MW03
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Bran has been a very long buildup without any reward. Does anyone have any ideas as to what he actually will do that will have an impact on the story?

A couple of things we know:

• The 3ER knows everything that has ever happened, including how the Children made the White Walkers
  • The Night King was pretty amped to take out the last 3ER
  • Meera, screaming hold the door around Bran and Hodor in the present, melted Hodor's brain in the past where 3ER and Bran were visiting. So somehow the 3ER when visiting in the past can connect it with the present in meaningful ways.
  • He can also out every remaining dirty little secret in the Game of Thrones: Littlefinger's multiple betrayals, Jon's parentage, etc.
redline248
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

Calling my shot- LF offs Bran next episode (thus the scene with the dagger). Bran's too much of a threat to his plans.

Why would Littlefinger consider Bran a threat?
M.C. Swag
AG
In terms of Tyrion Targaryen...yea, that's not a thing.

There's speculative evidence to support it, but that's all. Aery's last interaction with Joanna was at the anniversary tourney of Kings Landing and he insulted her. The only textual support about a potential 'affair' occurred at the night of Tywin's wedding. And Tyrion is not the eldest Lannister, so that is out the window.

If anything, there is just as much evidence to support Jamie/Cersei being Targaryens than Tyrion.
  • Aery's may have had sex with Joanna on her wedding night - thus conceiving the twins
  • Cersei's use of the wildfire and cruelty as a ruler is almost identical to Aerys
  • A quote from Tywin's sister to Jamie: "I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna's breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg and there's some Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak...but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you."

I get the whole '3 heads of the dragon' prophecy, but there are so many other unfulfilled prophecies floating around right now. Realistically, I believe GRRM wrote those details regarding Tyrion's parentage as a Red Herring or that he wanted to leave that possibility open to himself as a potential, but not set in stone, plot direction. So he basically sprinkled those little ambiguous passages so he could retroactively support that decisions. But for the purposes of the show, that plot twist would be way too convoluted to explain.

TheDraw
AG
Also, Cersei going straight into that room and dropping to her knees for the beej scene was hot.
EFE
AG
Last surviving true male Stark heir. With his hard on for Sansa and somehow her taking power and him marrying her is to be, then Bran is in the way. Moreso than Jon, who has a real chance of death in battle and has limited claim because of the ******* thing.
tylercsbn9
AG
redline248 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

Why would Littlefinger consider Bran a threat?
Well if he knows what Bran can reveal he's a huge threat to LF.

But I doubt he does so he just sees him as some cripple kid
Big Al 1992
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Has to be asked - is there a spy/leaker in Dany's camp?

Or are the Lannisters just smarter so far?

I mean how did they know they would sail for Dorne first and for CR instead of going straight for KL and the killshot on the crown?

Varys maybe? He "acted" very shocked and surprised at the loss of the fleet but....who knows.

Could simply be strategic moves and maybe they just have some scouts and got some warning - it takes a long time to move that far with so many so they had time to react. If they saw the fleet sailing they could surmise it was for CR the only other coastal place for attack besides KL (and that would be known quick based on direction from Dragonstone) especially since they were not sailing north.

I don't know just have to wonder. But if not, then so far Tyrion has been outsmarted twice by his siblings. Could just be setup (thematically) so it's not just a one sided war (give them some victories before throwing down the hammer of Dany and her dragons - plus it gives her reason to use them). Which itself could be another setup as they have the weapon to take out at least one dragon.

It works either way - a spy or simply outmaneuvered - but Dany has to wonder as well right?

One theory I've read - Jamie saved Tyrion, Lannisters always repay their debts, so Tyrion is helping his brother with inside information.
Cromagnum
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

The long term arch is going to be the white walkers.

Jamie and Cersie will probably be resolved this season. In the trailer for the season you see Jamie alone charging in a field full of fire. My guess it that Danny and the dothraki go to Kings Landing and have a big battle. With Danny taking a win. She'll probably lose a dragon or two in the process.

Cersie will do something to turn Jamie fully against her. Something Mad King like. We've been building to that for seven seasons with his Kingslayer name and last night with Olena will just push him more in that direction.

Cersie will either do something to Tyrion still believing he is responsible for Jeoffry's death or they have more wildfire and are willing to use it on their own people. Jamie will finally see Cersie for what she is and kill her. I think he'll then lead whatever is left of the army on what is basically a suicide mission, he dies, his redemption arch is complete (killed Cersie, saved thousands if not hundred fo thousands of people from wildfire).

Final scene of the season will then set up Jon and company versus the white walkers.

Arya looks to be at Winterfel next week. Wondering if LF gets it next week or not. Also wonder if Jorah makes his way to Dragonstone to take over the army since things have gone to **** for Danny.

Because blowing up the citadel full of people wasn't Mad King like enough already?
M.C. Swag
AG
TheDraw said:

Also, Cersei going straight into that room and dropping to her knees for the beej scene was hot.

The only person to bend the knee this episode was Cersei.
Big Al 1992
AG
Could better explain how the armies knew not to be at Castelry (sp?) Rock when they were invaded and how Tyrion was eager to look helpful by telling the Unsullied how to get in.
redline248
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

Last surviving true male Stark heir. With his hard on for Sansa and somehow her taking power and him marrying her is to be, then Bran is in the way. Moreso than Jon, who has a real chance of death in battle and has limited claim because of the ******* thing.

Good point. I assumed the other poster was talking about Bran's power.
OnlyForNow
AG
That dude on the horse is Dothraki based on his araka.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
M.C. Swag said:

This was also one of the funnier episodes (courtesy of Tyrion/Davos).

"Are you trying to pass your own statements off as ancient wisdom?"..T: "I wouldn't do that.."

That line was actually even a little better than that. He sort of muttered something under his breath at the end and I caught it because of CC. Tyrion replied....

"I wouldn't do that ..........to you."
nikator
AG

---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
SpreadsheetAg
AG
MW03 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Bran has been a very long buildup without any reward. Does anyone have any ideas as to what he actually will do that will have an impact on the story?

A couple of things we know:

• The 3ER knows everything that has ever happened, including how the Children made the White Walkers
  • The Night King was pretty amped to take out the last 3ER
  • Meera, screaming hold the door around Bran and Hodor in the present, melted Hodor's brain in the past where 3ER and Bran were visiting. So somehow the 3ER when visiting in the past can connect it with the present in meaningful ways.
  • He can also out every remaining dirty little secret in the Game of Thrones: Littlefinger's multiple betrayals, Jon's parentage, etc.

Do we know whether time while Greenseeing = time in the present? Or is there an "Inception" like effect where time in the past or future, etc. is perceived in a way that 3 weeks in the past is only a few minutes to Bran in real-time?
WestAustinAg
AG
TheDraw said:

It seems that she gets all worked up when she can torture and kill someone in a cruel fashion...
The Debt
Been saying it for a while.

Tywin hated Tyrion because he knows Aerys cuckholded him. He treated him like crap for no reason. And he hated Tyrions lechery because he saw Aerys in Tyrion.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Question I had last night: Could Valonqar also be gender neutral?

Could it mean little sister? (Sansa, Arya, Daenerys, etc.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So much great dialogue this episode, I had totally forgotten to mention this one --

"Are you trying to pass off your own words as old wisdom?"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Dany: "My life was really hard. I was bartered and raped."
I SO wanted Jon's reaction to be --
dcaggie04
AG
Davo's almost did it for him.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
wangus12 said:

And I doubt LF knows what Bran can do and see
Because Sansa's not going to tell anyone what Bran just said? Not going to interrogate LF to see if he's told anyone?

He will find out what Bran said, and being the sharp-minded fellow he is, will figure out real quick that Bran's presence is risky. Even ignoring all the Stark male lineage stuff.
nikator
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

The valonquar part of the prophecy is not in the show
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
M.C. Swag
TheVarian
AG
WestAustinAg said:

TheDraw said:

It seems that she gets all worked up when she can torture and kill someone in a cruel fashion...

This doesn't happen to y'all to??
FightinTexasAg15
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Doesn't matter. The prophecy states:

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."
bangobango
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Has to be asked - is there a spy/leaker in Dany's camp?

Or are the Lannisters just smarter so far?

I mean how did they know they would sail for Dorne first and for CR instead of going straight for KL and the killshot on the crown?

Varys maybe? He "acted" very shocked and surprised at the loss of the fleet but....who knows.

Could simply be strategic moves and maybe they just have some scouts and got some warning - it takes a long time to move that far with so many so they had time to react. If they saw the fleet sailing they could surmise it was for CR the only other coastal place for attack besides KL (and that would be known quick based on direction from Dragonstone) especially since they were not sailing north.

I don't know just have to wonder. But if not, then so far Tyrion has been outsmarted twice by his siblings. Could just be setup (thematically) so it's not just a one sided war (give them some victories before throwing down the hammer of Dany and her dragons - plus it gives her reason to use them). Which itself could be another setup as they have the weapon to take out at least one dragon.

It works either way - a spy or simply outmaneuvered - but Dany has to wonder as well right?

One theory I've read - Jamie saved Tyrion, Lannisters always repay their debts, so Tyrion is helping his brother with inside information.

I would bet a lot of money against that happening.
First Page Last Page
Page 85 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.