Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,143,859 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Because he's playing the game.
Because he is willing to take huge risks.
Because he may have figured Jon would not survive.
Because he is obsessed with Sansa.
Because to sit the Iron Throne he needs more than the Vale, he needs the North.
Because he is arrogant and starting to show some hubris.
Because he believes he is always one or two steps ahead in the game.
Because even if Jon survives he believes he can still manipulate Sansa.

It's not that hard.

He is one of the best characters in this whole story. Hands down. This is what makes GOT great. And all I am saying is that LF is, IMO, at the end of his run. Sansa can't allow the Knights of the Vale to leave and if she has to expose LF to make that happen she will. But he is not in control anymore.

redline248
AG
The Debt said:

redline248 said:

So, debt, do you view Littlefinger as a protagonist in this story?

I don't think grrm has settled on a true "protagonist". Asoiaf is a morally ambiguous work, on purpose. Pov characters that act as protagonists have been killed off.

To answer you question: no. It's really just a question of who do you root for?

I am firmly in the three targaryen camp, but I'm hoping this investment won't end up with something as bland as queen Danerys. Tyrion, Sansa, or LF are intriguing finishes, those smell of GRRM. But if I were betting: King Jon and Queen Dany just to reward the plebs who care about the "protagonists".
There are some gray characters, sure, but if you read the books and don't think Jon, Dany, Bran, Arya, or Tyrion are clear protagonists...

Also, the insinuation that those who hope for Jon or Dany "winning" are lesser than you is pathetic
The Debt
M.C. Swag said:

Quote:

I don't think grrm has settled on a true "protagonist". Asoiaf is a morally ambiguous work, on purpose. Pov characters that act as protagonists have been killed off.
Bran, Jon, Brienne, and Sam are all POV characters that cannot be interpreted as anything but protagonists. Jon is clearly the 'jesus' of his fable - died for sins and all that jazz.
Brienne was introduced late and has no claim to anything.

If Bran is the central character, he went nearly an entire season absent.

Sam has forsaken all title and he is, at best, Jon's sidekick.

Jon might be the protagonist, but I think he and the other 2 dragons are likely the three "protagonists".

But as I mentioned, it would be very cliche if they get a happy ending.
Urban Ag
AG
I don't think there will be a "happy ending". I honestly don't think Dany makes it. Maybe not even Jon, or Tyrion for that matter.

All of the prophecies could be fulfilled but that doesn't mean they'll all survive.
The Debt
redline248 said:

There are some gray characters, sure, but if you read the books and don't think Jon, Dany, Bran, Arya, or Tyrion are clear protagonists...

Also, the insinuation that those who hope for Jon or Dany "winning" are lesser than you is pathetic
Most of them are at the mercy of others. Just because you connect with a 13yo girl who sexes stallion-men doesnt mean we all do. That is the point of this large ensemble of characters.

Oh, Im sorry, did the term "pleb" bundle your panties? The show would be bubblegum if one of those two end up "winning". Do you really think this dark show will have a storybook ending with a wedding and heart-vignette as the show fades to black?

No. Those characters winning is mass-appeal to reward the viewer. But does that jive with the creative element of this world? You know the answer. But you are far too emotionally involved with Dany or Jon to see that. And its clouding your objectivity,
M.C. Swag
AG
The Debt said:

M.C. Swag said:

Quote:

Bran, Jon, Brienne, and Sam are all POV characters that cannot be interpreted as anything but protagonists. Jon is clearly the 'jesus' of his fable - died for sins and all that jazz.
Brienne was introduced late and has no claim to anything.

If Bran is the central character, he went nearly an entire season absent.

Sam has forsaken all title and he is, at best, Jon's sidekick.

Jon might be the protagonist, but I think he and the other 2 dragons are likely the three "protagonists".

But as I mentioned, it would be very cliche if they get a happy ending.

Brienne is too new to count? Sam is a sidekick? Bran didn't get enough PT? Now you're just making up specific qualifiers to rationalize your inaccurate point.

And your point about a cliched ending is irrelevant to the topic that LFs actions clearly classify him as one of the stories antagonists.
The Debt
Urban Ag said:

I don't think there will be a "happy ending". I honestly don't think Dany makes it. Maybe not even Jon, or Tyrion for that matter.

All of the prophecies could be fulfilled but that doesn't mean they'll all survive.
Agreed,
The Debt
What do you think makes a protagonist? Why not throw Jaime, Davos, Sansa, and Bronn in there too?

I dont think there is a true protagonist. Thats the point of the ensemble. Everyone has unique motives, unique character flaws, and unique loyalties. Just because your panties get wet when one character succeeds it doesnt mean he/she is superior, morally or otherwise, to the others.
M.C. Swag
AG
Are you serious right now? Your responses are all over the place and have 0 coherence to any argument you made.
Bregxit
AG
It is kind of funny how these last few pages have turned into a microcosm of events south of Winterfell. All this discussion about who will win the Iron Throne. I predict there will be no more Iron Throne at the end. Things will revert back to seven actual kingdoms. Dragons created the Iron Throne and dragons will destroy it.

White walkers can be communicated and negotiated with (see Craster). I think Jon somehow makes a peace after a large portion of people are wiped out during the war with the WWs.
M.C. Swag
AG
I think the story does have a happy ending but definitely not one in which Jon and Dany go riding off into the sunset together. I believe Cersei & LF will be killed and that the WWs will be 'assuaged.' Essentially, the 'good guys' win.

But I don't think it will even end that simplistically. Alt Shift X did a terrific video about GRRM and his personal motivations for writing the story. Apparently GRRM was a conscientious objector during the Vietnam War and Alt Shift postulated that Game of Thrones was a fable about the futility/wickedness of war. There's some pretty compelling evidence to support that notion when you consider all the examples of how good people resort to violence that is emotionally satisfying -- and even morally justified -- but are then met with catastrophic results. Basically driving home the point that 'blood begets blood.'

If the 'good guys' are to win, I don't think GRRM will resolve the story with violence, because so far violence hasn't resolved anything. And I used the phrase 'assuage the WWs' on purpose to support that notion. I don't think they will be slain or destroyed. I think they'll be understood and reasoned with (potentially by Bran?). (There's a whole slew of theories that the WWs actually built the wall to keep the humans out and all they want is to drive them back to their side)
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jon peacocking with his badass Stark armor.

wangus12
AG
Wish the wolves were a tad bit bigger
AggieSouth06
TCTTS said:

Please, PLEASE get the guy who directed Hardhome, BOTB and Winds of Winter to direct the entire final season.
Bregxit
AG
wangus12 said:

Wish the wolves were a tad bit bigger

AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Please be 2018.
benchmark
AG
M.C. Swag said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I will be the first to admit I hope Cersei and Littlefinger end up croaking, but I appreciate their roles in the show. GOT is far from sunshine and rainbows. The dark, sinister, and manipulative have always had their place.
Well yea, a compelling story is only as good as its villains. DC comics is widely considered superior to Marvel comics because of the villains (cinema battle is a different story).But that's precisely why Game of Thrones is so awesome. GRRM has crafted brilliant antagonists that often 'win.'

Yeah, I think the first few seasons set the tone for LF. He ran the bordellos where women were used and abused for is his political benefit as well as making him rich. Betrayed people, etc. He has been consistently evil. Joffrey was probably hated more, but since he's gone....LF is the next guy in line.
The Debt
It's a discussion board not a debate team. Also, I have 4 conversations going on at once. If you can't keep up, that's on you.
M.C. Swag
AG
My replies have been limited to your interactions with mine. You seem incapable of finishing a thought or defending an assertion and at this point I can't help but wonder if I've been adeptly trolled.
Twice an Aggie
AG
I don't know if Debt is trolling or not but I will weigh in with this. Littlefinger is one of the characters I have been fascinated with. He has played everyone off almost perfectly so far. However, he has no morals and simply will do anything to win. Almost all characters have a driving ambition in the show or a "most important" thing they focus on. His has been the Iron Throne. However, Sansa has become a fascination and obsession for him (due to old love for Cat, etc.) and he has lost sight of the big game somewhat. I think he gets tripped up before the end of the season and pays for it with his life...ironically Stark women are his "weakness" and like many other characters, will cause his destruction (characters die due to their weaknesses).
The Debt
Tully women are his weakness.

But other than that, you are probably right. However, when LF was talking to Ros about his duel, and his scar, she asked what he wanted "to fk them all." I think seeing Catelyn may have stirred up some feelings, but I truly think he has hated Catelyn since that duel.

They are in their early 40s and he has been brooding for at least two decades. I don't think he is carrying a torch. Nor did he answer the question of a queen by his side if he won the Iron Throne.

But maybe power corrupts and changes him. Maybe seeing a 17yo Catelyn clone with a tight vajay may distract him.
La Bamba
AG
Quote:

But maybe power corrupts and changes him. Maybe seeing a 17yo Catelyn clone with a tight vajay may distract him.

You think it's still tight after Ramsay? I mean, just saying...
marble rye
AG
The Debt said:

Urban Ag said:

Agreed,

I think Jon or Dany dies.
AgLaw
AG
Quote:

I kinda figured that Tyene is going to get handed over to Zombie Mountain right in front of Ellaria. Maybe he even gives her the Oberin treatment, but however she dies will be done in front of Ellaria.

Cersei's going to use the same torture the Mad King used on Lord Rickon and Brandon Stark. Both Ellaria and Tyrone will die. This will be the last straw for Jamie, who will turn against her.
Agnzona
Am I the only one that wants LF to die ironically? Not by Sansa or Arya but some freak accident. Maybe one of those kids learning to fight misses a target and catches LF with an arrow in the jugular moments after some smart ass comment and smirk.

If Cersi and Euron get married they both will be plotting the other's demise immediately. They might not make it through the honeymoon. A simultaneous dagger to the heart during consummation would be epic.
E
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mid-week poll --
Who are your top 3 hottest chicks on GoT?

My list:
1. Bad puuzy
2. Margaery
3. Danaerys

1. Missandei
2. Melisandre
3. Bad puuzy
bangobango
AG
I think Cersi has to keep the Ellaria alive to keep the Dorne army out of any future conflicts. I would think she would hold her as a hostage against any further Dorne involvement. She may force her to watch her daughter being tortured or raped over and over and punishment, though.
AR_Ag95
AG
Do you think the following has anything to do with the Night King or Dany?
Valor Morghulis - all men must die
Valor Dorhaeris - all men must serve
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
People need to stop responding to Debt.
wangus12
AG

Its a big **** you boat
redbaron788
AG
Have y'all seen this yet?

http://www.thisisinsider.com/game-of-thrones-actor-opens-his-own-bakery-2017-7
The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner said:

People need to stop responding to Debt.
The crown tried the same thing
M.C. Swag
FIDO95
AG
This
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 70 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.