Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,048 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed on Miguel Sapochnik. Wonder why they didn't get him for S7.

I'd say his track record is easily the best on GoT, hope they give at least the last 2 episodes of the whole series. (Assuming all the huge battles take place in those.)
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Agreed on Miguel Sapochnik. Wonder why they didn't get him for S7.

I believe he was busy with other projects. He did an episode of Iron Fist and I think he's doing a Netflix movie
smokeythebear
AG
Good guy or bad guy, likeable character or hated character, either way, y'all are definitely underestimating LF if you think he's going to go out quietly anytime soon.
titanmaster_race
Maybe the Dornish nobles want her dead because she and her ******* snakes killed their Prince.

The South Remembers.
smokeythebear
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Maybe the Dornish nobles want her dead because she and her ******* snakes killed their Prince.

The South Remembers.
Yea it is kinda weird. They were already Sands so now isn't pretty much everyone even related to the Martell name dead? I imagine the Dornish nobles are done with King's Landing and the Iron Throne. Anyone that goes north dies and no one cares enough to travel south with an army.
nikator
AG
have to wonder..if the Sand snakes were ruling Dorne, why did all of them go to Dragonstone to get conveniently killed off?

Who is regent in Sunspear in their absence.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I don't see why all the hate for LF just because he has acted in his own self interest. Of course he wants to sit on the throne! Who doesn't??
Jon Snow
Tyrion
Brienne
Davos
Sam
M.C. Swag
AG
Bran*
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Bronn
Jamie - he had a chance and passed on it
Sansa?
Olenna

there are more that don't want it than do at this point.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
If we know the end is bittersweet, and there is the theory that this is Sam's story:

What if at the end:
-Jon is dead
-Dany has Jon's baby in her belly
-Queen Dany dies in Childbirth, giving birth to Eddarys Targaryen
-Queen Regent Sansa Lannister and Tyrion "the hand" Lannister rule the 7 kingdoms, while Eddarys is too young to rule
-Grand Maester Sam is telling this story to Eddarys as a young boy

Explains the hero status of Jon (could be justified)... it's bittersweet.
smokeythebear
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Bronn
Jamie - he had a chance and passed on it
Sansa?
Olenna

there are more that don't want it than do at this point.
Ok now you're getting ridiculous.

Bronn- He doesn't have the ambition to be on the throne, but he wouldn't pass it up if offere
Jamie- He has plenty of power as is. His struggle in life has never been to gain power, but what to do with all the expectations that come with growing up with so much power.
Sansa- Sure she wants to be on the throne. She was super excited to be queen and, given the right circumstances, would jump at the opportunity to take the throne away from the Lannisters.
Olenna- Not sure how you even imagine she's on this list. 100% wants the crown in her family's name. I suppose she just assumes she's too old to have it herself? As of the last two episodes though, I guess you have a point that she just wants to see the Lannisters dead. But having the crown would make that much easier so of course she would still want it.
wangus12
AG
I doubt Sansa ever goes back to Tyrion. She'll remain in the North
smokeythebear
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

If we know the end is bittersweet, and there is the theory that this is Sam's story:

What if at the end:
-Jon is dead
-Dany has Jon's baby in her belly
-Queen Dany dies in Childbirth, giving birth to Eddarys Targaryen
-Queen Regent Sansa Lannister and Tyrion "the hand" Lannister rule the 7 kingdoms, while Eddarys is too young to rule
-Grand Maester Sam is telling this story to Eddarys as a young boy

Explains the hero status of Jon (could be justified)... it's bittersweet.
So do they have another wedding celebration? Or do they just consummate the original one and call it a day?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
BJM1781 said:

1. Bad puss
2. Melisandre
3. I've got a soft spot for Ros
1. Backup Mummer-girl who tried to kill the lead actress
2. Miranda (Ramsey's kennel-keeper's daughter)
3. Bad pooz
HM1. Missandei
HM2. Melisandre
jenn96
AG
Quote:

So do they have another wedding celebration? Or do they just consummate the original one and call it a day?
That actually brings up a good point - what is the status of Sansa and Tyrion's marriage? The Church of the Seven is loosely based on the Catholic Church - an annulment for non-consummation is definitely do-able, but you need to actually get it. You can't just decide "well, I'm not married anymore!" I can't remember in the show if that was addressed; Littlefinger just assumed Tyrion's death and married Sansa to Ramsey. A marriage between two nobles should be harder to just set aside, especially two of the most prominent families in Westeros.

Only because that would be quite the power play if Sansa and Tyrion teamed up and decided to insist they were still married. It could also be a solid way for Jon and Dany to have a marriage alliance without either of them being part of it. Jon won't make Sansa be part of any marriage without her choosing it freely, but she is a player now and might see the advantages. And after being married to a man who tortured and raped her, she probably has a different perspective on how "ugly" Tyrion is.

I don't see it happening, but I am curious if they are still married legally, within the confines of the show.
M.C. Swag
AG
Quote:

I don't see it happening, but I am curious if they are still married legally, within the confines of the show.
Yea, I think its just understood that the marriage doesn't become binding (legally or religiously) unless it's consumated. LF knew Sansa was a virgin and said exactly that to Roose Bolton to entice his agreement into the the marriage with Ramsay.

"I assure you she's still a virgin, Tyrion never consummated the marriage. By the law of the land, she's no man's wife." (Season 5, episode 3, "High Sparrow.")

I like your thinking with regards to Tryion and Sansa representing another bridge to align Jon and Dany, but suffice it to say that I don't think they are bound by matrimony.
jenn96
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Quote:

I like your thinking with regards to Tryion and Sansa representing another bridge to align Jon and Dany, but suffice it to say that I don't think they are bound by matrimony.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. But at the same time, if they were to claim that Ramsey's marriage to Sansa was bigamous and therefore invalid, and that she is already Tyrion's wife, I think they could get away with it. Especially once they consummate it.

Again, I would not expect this to happen; but I am intrigued by the idea.
M.C. Swag
AG
I mean, its not like her marriage to Ramsay is still "valid" anyways...he's dead. She's a widow and is free to marry whoever she wants (including Tyrion).
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
M.C. Swag said:

I mean, its not like her marriage to Ramsay is still "valid" anyways...he's dead. She's a widow and is free to marry whoever she wants (including Tyrion).

She's still married to tyrion, her marriage to Ramsey was never valid. She would need an annulment to marry further, otherwise she is married to tyrion
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

It could also be a solid way for Jon and Dany to have a marriage alliance without either of them being part of it.
Brilliant. I hadn't even considered this, honestly.

With this marriage, you could say the North and Team Dany are already allied by marriage.
M.C. Swag
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

M.C. Swag said:

She's still married to tyrion, her marriage to Ramsey was never valid. She would need an annulment to marry further, otherwise she is married to tyrion
...huh? How so? I just found the quote from Littlefinger that straight up explains that consummating the marriage is key to making it valid. By any logic her marriage to Tyrion is not valid and whether her marriage to Ramsay was valid or not, it doesn't impact her current status to (re)-marry whoever she chooses because Ramsay is dead.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah but who else knows Sansa and Tyrion never consummated the marriage?
wangus12
AG
In the end, I doubt it matters. Neither Tyrion nor Sansa wanted to be married to each other in the first place. I think they have a mutual respect for each other, but neither want to go back to being married and I doubt Dany or Jon force it to happen
M.C. Swag
AG
...Besides Sansa, Tyrion, and LF (and presumably Jon)? I don't know but what difference would it make? There's literaly no point to lying about it because Sansa is not bound to anyone. If she wants she can just say, 'alright, lets make this officially official Tyrion." and they can dot all their 'i's.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah but who else knows Sansa and Tyrion never consummated the marriage?
Sansa... and Tyrion... and probably Varys.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I could see Tyrion greeting Jon will a joke.

"Greetings, Lord Snow. Tell me, what news of your sister, my darling bride?"
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I could see Tyrion greeting Jon will a joke.

"Greetings, Lord Snow. Tell me, what news of your sister, my darling bride?"
I was thinking the same, but more like:

"Greetings, your grace. Is it still Snow? Or have you usurped Stark as well as your title? I trust you're keeping my wife safe..."

"Jon will do, we are all *******s, remember? My sister is doing a better job ruling my kingdom than your sister is ruling hers..." /wink
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
M.C. Swag said:

M.C. Swag said:

...huh? How so? I just found the quote from Littlefinger that straight up explains that consummating the marriage is key to making it valid. By any logic her marriage to Tyrion is not valid and whether her marriage to Ramsay was valid or not, it doesn't impact her current status to (re)-marry whoever she chooses because Ramsay is dead.

If they ****ed tomorrow is their marriage now valid?
Does it have a timeline to bone or is it just a free call option?
G Martin 87
AG
Arianne Martell is Prince Doran's heir. But Arianne hasn't been mentioned at all in the show, right?
SpreadsheetAg
AG

M.C. Swag said:

M.C. Swag said:

If they ****ed tomorrow is their marriage now valid?
Does it have a timeline to bone or is it just a free call option?
It's an unanswerable question because nobody has read the seven pointed star or questioned a septon / maester on such matters. The religion of the seven is close to the Catholic church, but it's not the catholic church in dogma or creed. So, we can't apply the same rules because the comparison ends at "they are a large religious organization that mixes politics & power with salvation."

What would the rules of Westeros dictate? I don't think we really know with any clarity, without projecting our own religious dogma onto this made up one.
M.C. Swag
AG
I have no idea but I think you may getting lost in applying real world legalities into a fictional story. We have quoted evidence stating that the marriage is not legally bound and even given that, you're forgetting that the North does not follow the faith of the 7. So if you really want to argue the religious aspect of it, there's another flaw.

Don't over complicate this. Sansa respects Tyrion and doesn't need a flimsy marriage claim to forge a relationship with him.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
So basically y'all have no idea what you are talking about and neither do I....it's fantasy land
M.C. Swag
AG
What?

I've provided textual evidence that directly states 'Sansa is legally bound to no man." That's pretty clear. My other points were strictly logical refutes of your 'what if' scenarios.

And then I followed up with, what exactly is it you are even arguing? That Sansa needs a valid marriage with Tyrion to realign herself to him?

Some of you just like to needlessly complicate matters and argue for arguments sake lol.
benchmark
AG
M.C. Swag said:

What?

Some of you just like to needlessly complicate matters and argue for arguments sake lol.
Excuse me! We have every right to state our opinions...this is a discussion board, remember? Who are you to decide what's worthy of dissection and what should be ignored?!!

j/k
M.C. Swag
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.