Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,144,654 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree with MC Swag, I assume it was well known that Ramsey married Sansa, therefore implying the Tyrion wedding was never consummated. Sure, the whole world doesn't know, but enough people knew about Ramsey's marriage to Sansa to agree that the Tyrion marriage thing was old news and never official.

Besides, LF clearly has intentions of marrying Sansa, so he's pretty confident she is available in the eyes of the noble families.

I actually think it would be really cool if Sansa and Tyrion ended up together. Sansa has had so many suitors who's only intentions are to run the world and cause mayhem. It would be nice to see her end up with a nice guy afterall. But from Tyrion's perspective, he'd probably rather be her uncle than her husband. He still thinks of her as a child and would still feel bad "consummating" the wedding.
jenn96
AG
Quote:

I've provided textual evidence that directly states 'Sansa is legally bound to no man."
Ahem, a quote from Littlefinger that is reinforcing an idea that is advantageous to him? I completely agree that your quote is textually supported in the show; I'm just not convinced that Littlefinger is the know-all authority of the legality of marriage in Westeros; Especially since no one expected Tryrion to ride back into town on the figurative back of a dragon.

I actually bring up the Sansa-Tyrion marriage not to make things complicated but because it could make them simpler, plot-wise. They like and respect each other, and both are smart enough to see the political advantages that alliance could bring. It's not totally crazy that they could decide to make it a real marriage at some point.
JJxvi
AG
Functionally, (and good for the writers) there is no authority with any say so. There is no King, there is no Church even. Whoever wins can say the rules are or rewrite events to be whatever they want them to be.
M.C. Swag
AG
jenn96 said:

Quote:

I've provided textual evidence that directly states 'Sansa is legally bound to no man."
Ahem, a quote from Littlefinger that is reinforcing an idea that is advantageous to him? I completely agree that your quote is textually supported in the show; I'm just not convinced that Littlefinger is the know-all authority of the legality of marriage in Westeros; Especially since no one expected Tryrion to ride back into town on the figurative back of a dragon.

I actually bring up the Sansa-Tyrion marriage not to make things complicated but because it could make them simpler, plot-wise. They like and respect each other, and both are smart enough to see the political advantages that alliance could bring. It's not totally crazy that they could decide to make it a real marriage at some point.
lol I don't think LF could sell BS marriage law to Roose Bolton (especially a law as crucial to forging a valid marriage as consummation), nor do I think the show writers crafted that dialogue to trick the viewer into believing a false narrative. (Talk about complicating a plot).

And again...I can't think of a single practical benefit for accepting that convoluted premise to support why Tyrion and Sansa will get together. It's unnecessary. They respect each other...why isn't that enough to form an alliance? See what I'm sayin?
Urban Ag
AG
Not sure what all the consternation over Sansa's marital status is all about. I mean really, who's going to enforce it?

Sansa: Jon, am I still married to Tyrion?

Jon: No

Sansa: Well there you have it folks, The King in the Norf says I'm single. Deal with it.

At this point, life in Westeros has simplified greatly. You're either on Team Cercei, Team Jon, or Team Dany. No one gives a crap. The law is what your Queen or King says it is. The Great Sept is smoldering green stained rubble. There's a massive horde of undead bearing down on the wall. Dragons in the skies. And all out war looming. The years and years and thousands of pages of aimless wanderings, ancient customs and tradition, and an entire paragraph dedicated to describing breakfast are over. It's go time people.
M.C. Swag
AG
Quote:

Not sure what all the consternation over Sansa's marital status is all about. I mean really, who's going to enforce it?

Jon: No

Sansa: Well there you have it folks, The King in the Norf says I'm single. Deal with it.
^Or that works too. It's a moot point either way.
JaneDoe02
AG
I would love to see Tyrion and Sansa reunite and her call him husband. Maybe after Ramsey she can appreciate what a good man Tyrion is.
smokeythebear
AG
Urban Ag said:

Jon: No, he's dead so you're a wid... wait, Tyrion? Why would you be married to Tyrion?

Sansa: Well before Ramsey, I was married to Tyrion in Kings Landing.

Jon: But didn't you go to Kings Landing to marry Joffrey?

Sansa: Well... yes... but that didn't really work out when Joffrey had father killed.

Jon: I suppose not... well so then you married Tyrion instead?? I mean, I like the guy, but I still don't understand.

Sansa: UGHH NEVERMIND
FIFY
Javelina
AG
Azor Ahai, do I hate the offseason.
Urban Ag
AG
Javelina said:

Clever
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

Javelina said:

Clever
Wouldn't it be Rhllor
Javelina
AG
I was going for Jesus Christ instead of god.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Javelina said:

I was going for Jesus Christ instead of god.
OH!!!!!!
Bodie Broadus
Nerds.
Javelina
The Debt
If HBO is planning on doing Roberts rebellion, we will never see this footage which was shot with s1

Hulla Baller
AG
Can you explain what that is? The picture is small.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's Brandon Stark (older brother of Ned) choking himself to death while trying to reach his father, who the Mad King is burning alive in the throne room.

It's what kicks off Robert's Rebellion.

RDV-1992
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's Brandon Stark (older brother of Ned) choking himself to death while trying to reach his father, who the Mad King is burning alive in the throne room.

Small correction here. Rhaegar's kidnapping/elopement with Lyanna is the root cause of the rebellion - all the rest of the conflict from Robert's rebellion stemmed from that and from the way that everyone handled (the the Mad King mishandled) that. But burning the Starks alive guaranteed war with the North. And the Mad King insisting that Ned also come to Kings Landing assured that the Vale and the Stormlands (if Robert needed another pretext) would also rise. I can't remember if the Riverlands were with or against the Mad King. I think the rest were for him, until the Lannisters turned against him in the end.
Belton Ag
AG
The Riverlands were with Robert, as Catelyn Tully married Ned Stark to strengthen the alliance with the North (and Robert) - I think. I didn't read the books.
RDV-1992
Belton Ag said:

The Riverlands were with Robert, as Catelyn Tully married Ned Stark to strengthen the alliance with the North (and Robert) - I think. I didn't read the books.
You're right. Catelyn was originally supposed to marry Brandon Stark. But after he was burned alive ended up marrying Eddard (Ned) Stark.
lne2011
AG
RDV-1992 said:

Belton Ag said:

You're right. Catelyn was originally supposed to marry Brandon Stark. But after he was burned alive ended up marrying Eddard (Ned) Stark.
Except Walder Frey of the Twins, hence why he was referred to as "The Late" Walder Frey. He declared for Robert when it was obvious Robert would win the war.
CapCityAg89
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Doesn't Rickard choke himself trying to reach Brandon? I thought Brandon baked in his armor?
wangus12
AG
Nope. Rickard roasted while Brandon strangled himself trying to reach his sword to cut them both free
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Which means Jon's grandfather killed his other grandfather
JaneDoe02
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Which means Jon's grandfather killed his other grandfather

Yep
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh wow, never made that connection.

Some serious family drama for ol' Jon-o.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
No kidding. I wonder how long it will take for Jon to find out he is a Targaryen. Since he's going to see Dany next episode that should add some interest to their dynamic.

On one hand you have the romantic side, they could spark a relationship/marriage? and then find out they're aunt and nephew. That could be weird, or they could embrace it.

And the other hand is the power side. If they find out Jon's parentage, he could have a better claim to the throne than Danerys (could being key if he is still a ******* or not). If she finds this out will she feel threatened by it. I doubt Jon will want the throne, but it might make Dany uncomfortable. Or it gives her more reason to marry him and unite the kingdom?

Interested to see how it plays out.
JCRiley09
AG
Are y'all watching the same show and reading the same books as me?

Say it with me: familial connections don't matter (when it comes to boinking).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Except it does to most of the 7 Kingdoms.

Cersei and Jaime's relationship isn't exactly looked at as "normal" throughout Westeros. It was just more accepted with Targs because it'd been happening for so long.
ZEEB
AG
Can somebody re-post the family tree image so I can be lazy and not have to search for it? It seems relevant to this page of discussion. TIA
JCRiley09
AG
That was only frowned upon because the queen was married to Robert and claiming those children were his when they weren't. The grievance was that her children were b@st@rds and not true heirs.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
That's why I said "That could be weird, or they could embrace it."

I understand that the Targaryens and others have had incestual relationships. That doesn't mean that if/when Dany or Jon (especially Jon) find out (and they have been doing stuff) it might not be awkward (at least at first). I don't know how high Jon would be on incest
smokeythebear
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Which means Jon's grandfather killed his other grandfather and uncle, and was responsible for his father's deaths too.
Also, what was Raegar doing while the Mad King was killing the Starks? Wouldn't he have said "hey dad, that's my new wife's brother and father. You're not helping me out here."?
smokeythebear
AG
JCRiley09 said:

That was only frowned upon because the queen was married to Robert and claiming those children were his when they weren't. The grievance was that her children were b@st@rds and not true heirs.
Well that was part of it, for sure, but there's definitely a huge stigma against non-targ incest amongst the other families.
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.