Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,128 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
chase128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PMD03 said:

chase128 said:

Also, this whole bring a wight to Cersei to broker an armistice seems way too risky. I dunno how they get a "live" wight to KL and get it in front of Cersei without her killing anyone. Even if they do that, she's not going to believe them or abide by the armistice. The good guys better try their best to see any of Cersei's backstabbing coming or else it's gonna seem really dumb. Anyone with half a brain has to realize Cersei won't back down, play nice, or give any quarter.
Sorry if this has already been discussed. I am a few pages back and catching up. I don't see Cersei being convinced, but I do see Jaime being convinced. At some point he is going to turn against Cersei as the prophecy or visions that Dany saw showed a gold man fighting the zombie mountain. Maybe that is how the Lannister or King's Landing army finally gets set right.

I think you might be on to something. Jamie didn't seem too thrilled she was pregnant and the threat that she threw at him didn't seem to go well with him. I think the chance for him to kill her is still on the table
JCRiley09
AG
M.C. Swag said:

I'm not sure I can look at this thread any longer. The people that are debating what is or isn't plot spoilers IS a spoiler.

If you've read the plot spoilers, please don't post here at all. Don't call out people or bring up old posts. Pointing them out is as good as posting the spoiler yourself.

It's amazing how hard common courtesy is for some.
And if you have a friend who is somehow always right about what happens in the next episode, stop talking to him.
AggieChemist
AG
hunter2012 said:

Dirty dozen vibe there at the end...

Also I can't tell whose plots were most interesting at the end of this one, Cersei's or Littlefinger's...
More of a Magnificent Seven, because math.
The Dog Lord
AG
redline248 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Dany truly is a horrible person.

Not sure why she has any supporters among the fans.

She demands that people follow her or be killed/burned.

She has no true claim to the kingdom, but will take it by force if she has to.

So much for those who chose her.

She is truly an evil and selfish character for the arc she has chosen to take. That he throne is hers and she will destroy all those in her way.

So noble. So beautiful.

Again, in my opinion, this is the fault of the HBO writers without Martin guiding them. She didn't have that attitude in previous seasons. Even in Mereen she tried to bring the city together. Yes, she punished the masters that crucified the slaves, yes she burned the Khals that kidnapped her. But she has never been "evil" until this episode, which is completely out of her character.

Edit to add: I was not rooting for her to torch anyone that wouldn't submit. That philosophy, if it continues, makes her unlikable.

I didn't like it either (and Tyrion clearly wasn't pleased), but the alternative at that point was not backing her up threats which would put her in an even worse position. Hopefully the news of that will be enough to have others submit in the future. One battle was all that was needed to convince Jaime that she will win. If she can restrain herself going forward and give people the option to submit before attacking then she will be following Aegon's path.
Trident 88
AG
Agreed. She's not horrible. She's smart.

It's friggin war, and there's no such thing as the Geneva Convention. She had two guys in leadership roles killed because they wouldn't bend the knee. It's a far cry from Cersei blowing up the sept or what Bolton did to his prisoners.
bangobango
AG
LHIOB said:

I also loved that every shot of Tyrion in the crypts had a dragon skull behind him. Either lots of red herrings or hes a Targ.

That is a stretch, to say the least.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jaime might be a Targ too.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And Bronn.
gougler08
AG
bangobango said:

LHIOB said:

I also loved that every shot of Tyrion in the crypts had a dragon skull behind him. Either lots of red herrings or hes a Targ.

Agreed, especially because there were dragon heads in every shot because there are 10932480 dragon heads down there apparently
Agnzona
Dany had no choice but to execute them. I don't see why everyone is bent out if shape over that.
EFE
AG
So, does Sam stop at home on his way back to meet up with Jon? and what state of affairs are things in when he does?
The Debt
bangobango said:

Before s6 it was a stretch to think Jon was the baby of two characters we had neither met nor seen. No hinting. No grand conspiracy. Just out of the blue they reveal it.
AtlAg05
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

So, does Sam stop at home on his way back to meet up with Jon? and what state of affairs are things in when he does?

Since Sam doesn't know about the deaths and I assume he at least knows they are fighting in the war, I don't see him going home. But if he's going by cart he'll find out soon enough. But it's not like he can do anything, he's still in the Nightswatch so no ruling for him even if he wanted to.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Carl Underguard
AG
It's not a stretch for the show to do it, but it does stretch the bounds of credulity. I can only suspend my disbelief so much. I mean, is this Game of Thrones or a soap opera. Two characters randomly revealed to be the children of different characters, long lost siblings reuniting, people presumed to be dead or M.I.A. randomly showing up for no apparent reason, sleazy characters who contribute nothing to the plot hanging around just to stir **** up? Bran very nearly has the amnesia soap opera twist going to in that he can't remembers how to relate to real people.

Edit: And a surprise pregnancy and (possibly multiple) incest relationships
claym711
AG
Jamie and Bronn just popping up what is presumably miles away from dany's army is just ridiculous. Along with Davis just strolling into KL and finding Gendry who is already packed and ready to go. Such forced BS. Imagine hat kind of stuff happening in BB or the wire or true detective or westworld or etc. This show has gone full fan boi
aggie93
AG
Really good episode.

Something to remember, the books and the show are very different animals at this point. Simply because something happened in the books doesn't mean it has relevance in the show. It may or it may not. Also as the show has gone on they have gotten lazier and lazier in connecting the dots and making things realistic.

The Jaime/Bronn swimming a few miles down the river underwater thing is a perfect example. You could maybe argue that Dany didn't realize it was Jaime and so she just let it go but it was made very clear that Tyrion was watching the entire thing and was just a few hundred yards away. It would make sense that Tyrion wasn't fast enough to save his bro but it makes no sense that he would not find out if Jaime was alive or dead by conducting a search for him. Forget about how Jaime somehow swam underwater for a mile or more in full armor unnoticed even though Tyrion and likely Dany would have been watching for him. It's ok, I just see it as filler the show writers have to use to clean up some of the mess they have made by protecting favored characters while keeping the drama up and trying to simplify the plot so that the casual watcher can follow the story.

I don't think Randyl gave Dany much choice about being torched. He was defiant and insulted her as she offered him mercy. He did not recognize her to have any authority. She had to kill him. She also had gotten herself in trouble by trying to be too soft in how she was approaching taking over Westeros. Aegon came with fire and blood and if you didn't kneel you were toast. If you knelt you were rewareded. That's the model she is following.

Why Jon didn't send a raven to Winterfell nor Bran is telling anyone where Jon is going seems just odd. It also is stupid of Jon to go on that mission when he would be far more effective back at Winterfell meeting up with his brother and sisters and keeping the North on board with the plan. It's brave to go past the Wall but it's also stupid, in the end he is still just one man.

BTW, one thing that is starting to puzzle me is how they haven't figured out that all they really need is Dany to take her 3 Dragons North of the Wall with a team of archers with Dragonglass arrows and the Night King is finished. They have no defense against the dragons (they don't even have scorpions) and they could easily torch all of the wights in short order while raining down arrows on the WW (which it still appears there are only a handful). Game over. When the Long Night came before my understanding is that men won without dragons, it would seem to be a piece of cake now.
Bunbury
AG
Does anyone make anything of the Maester's series of jokes when Sam tries to convince them to take Bran seriously?

First they dismiss the white walkers, then made a joke about some guy claiming to be a descendant of the children of the forest, and then a final joke saying the 'the drowned god will rise up and destroy Aegon the conqueror'. They all laugh but it seems like the way it was written in the series of three, the audience knows the first 2 exist, so are we to assume the 3rd one will play a role? Will this be Euron or something else involving the Iron islands?
benchmark
AG
Trident 88 said:

It's friggin war, and there's no such thing as the Geneva Convention. She had two guys in leadership roles killed because they wouldn't bend the knee. It's a far cry from Cersei blowing up the sept or what Bolton did to his prisoners.
Yes, though it seems extreme, making an example of two leaders actually saved lives. Those standing immediately dropped to their knees.
Bregxit
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Cromagnum said:

dlance said:

Joseph Parrish said:

dlance said:

WoMD said:

dromo07 said:

The prophecy says how many kids she will have that's why I think she isn't pregnant

I agree. Which part of the prophecy was shown in the show? I can't remember which was missing from the books.

Quote:

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Has not been uttered on the show.
It's been hinted...strongly

Perhaps. Or perhaps Jaime standing in the ocean rather than on The Fingers was foreshadowing his near drowning in the Blackwater River.

Or perhaps it's just a giant floor map of Westeros and none of that **** matters.
Yeah, HBO never foreshadows with maps. Ridiculous to think they'd do something like that...totally unprecedented.

Oh wait...

That doesn't look like anything to me.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Why didn't Jon take any dragonglass with him to capture a wight? He risked his life to get some at Hardhome with a WW after him. Now he has a mine but doesn't take any? Seems like the perfect thing to do on your boat ride to Eastwatch. "Hey, throw some dragonglass in this here row boat so we can fashion some weapons on our way for this suicide mission."
AGeng25
AG
Revival03 said:

Why didn't Jon take any dragonglass with him to capture a wight? He risked his life to get some at Hardhome with a WW after him. Now he has a mine but doesn't take any? Seems like the perfect thing to do on your boat ride to Eastwatch. "Hey, throw some dragonglass in this here row boat so we can fashion some weapons on our way for this suicide mission."
He did. That's what they were loading in the boats before they left Dragonstone. They were carrying chests from the caves and directly onto the boats...
Carl Underguard
AG
He didn't want to mess up those nice, convenient cave drawings. That ****'s a heritage site.
SeattleAgJr
benchmark said:

Trident 88 said:

Yes, though it seems extreme, making an example of two leaders actually saved lives. Those standing immediately dropped to their knees.
you are missing the point.

she is willfully attempting to conquer Westeros, a continent that is not calling for her to do so. and doing do a dragon-point and with an army of 100,000.

You are saying everyone should just lay down and capitulate to a foreign invader...

Line Ate Member
AG
aggie93 said:

Really good episode.

Something to remember, the books and the show are very different animals at this point. Simply because something happened in the books doesn't mean it has relevance in the show. It may or it may not. Also as the show has gone on they have gotten lazier and lazier in connecting the dots and making things realistic.

The Jaime/Bronn swimming a few miles down the river underwater thing is a perfect example. You could maybe argue that Dany didn't realize it was Jaime and so she just let it go but it was made very clear that Tyrion was watching the entire thing and was just a few hundred yards away. It would make sense that Tyrion wasn't fast enough to save his bro but it makes no sense that he would not find out if Jaime was alive or dead by conducting a search for him. Forget about how Jaime somehow swam underwater for a mile or more in full armor unnoticed even though Tyrion and likely Dany would have been watching for him. It's ok, I just see it as filler the show writers have to use to clean up some of the mess they have made by protecting favored characters while keeping the drama up and trying to simplify the plot so that the casual watcher can follow the story.

I don't think Randyl gave Dany much choice about being torched. He was defiant and insulted her as she offered him mercy. He did not recognize her to have any authority. She had to kill him. She also had gotten herself in trouble by trying to be too soft in how she was approaching taking over Westeros. Aegon came with fire and blood and if you didn't kneel you were toast. If you knelt you were rewareded. That's the model she is following.

Why Jon didn't send a raven to Winterfell nor Bran is telling anyone where Jon is going seems just odd. It also is stupid of Jon to go on that mission when he would be far more effective back at Winterfell meeting up with his brother and sisters and keeping the North on board with the plan. It's brave to go past the Wall but it's also stupid, in the end he is still just one man.

BTW, one thing that is starting to puzzle me is how they haven't figured out that all they really need is Dany to take her 3 Dragons North of the Wall with a team of archers with Dragonglass arrows and the Night King is finished. They have no defense against the dragons (they don't even have scorpions) and they could easily torch all of the wights in short order while raining down arrows on the WW (which it still appears there are only a handful). Game over. When the Long Night came before my understanding is that men won without dragons, it would seem to be a piece of cake now.

It would seem that is the case. However, all of what the night king can do has been revealed. The dragon glass arrow heads will destroy most of the horde, but what else can he do?
RDV-1992
LHIOB said:

Ogre09 said:

LHIOB said:

dlance said:

LHIOB said:

Cave Johnson, CEO said:

Well the hound has to live because CleganeBowl.

Heres a prediction: the Hound gets cut down north of the wall. Theryos trys to bring him back and the Hound says "f*** it, let me die and take me to the Queen." They get to KL and Wight Hound fights Zombie Mountain. Boom.

So I wonder what site this is coming from. Duplicate predictions within a page of each other.

No site. I was texting with a buddy about it.

Your buddy reads Reddit...

Its entirely possible for more people than Reddit to have ideas. I brought up that there was already a wight in KL and then the idea that The Hound could have his redemption complete by making a sacrifice. The only place I go for GoT talk is TexAgs and the RHAP recaps.
I had the same thought (that the hound is the zombie that gets taken to kings landing). I also posted it this morning, then read all of the stuff about how the theory came from reddit. I don't read reddit. I deleted my post.

Point is that one brother is looking to capture a zombie, the second is a zombie, they are going to have a fight to the death (or second death) in the near future, so its not a stretch to independently theorize that they are both zombies when they fight.
JJxvi
AG
The dragonglass thing only becomes a plot problem if they get in a fight and don't have dragonglass north of the wall like idiots. We can presume they do have dragonglass weapons on them but havent shown it to us, IMO. The northerners had a ship, we can presume that Jon Snow's work was loading it down.
Houston Lee
AG
Question:

How did Tyrion know that Jaime and Bronn survived the battle? Supposedly, the last he saw of them was Bronn tackling Jaime out of harms way from the dragon fire and into the water.

But---when the post-battle debate back at Dragonstone was being discussed on how to convince Cersi that white walkers were real--Tyrion didn't hesitate to say he could talk to Jaime to convince Cersi to meet. How did he know Jaime was alive?
JJxvi
AG
I think it's clear the only explanation is that Tyrion let him get away.
CoolaidWade
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Explain?
LHIOB
AG
gougler08 said:

bangobango said:

LHIOB said:

Agreed, especially because there were dragon heads in every shot because there are 10932480 dragon heads down there apparently
There were none behind Jamie. I made note and rewound it.
TheDraw
AG
Anyone else feel robbed that we didnt get a Tyrion/Bronn reunion scene?
Sex Panther
AG
Why would Tyrion send a search party after Jamie? He wanted Jamie to escape.

And Dany doesn't know the guy riding at her is Jamie Lannister. And since there was a giant fireball 10 feet in front of her that hit the horses, she probably doesn't even know what happened or care about a random soldier since she just kicked the **** out of the entire army.
Ogre09
AG
The Debt said:

bangobango said:

Before s6 it was a stretch to think Jon was the baby of two characters we had neither met nor seen. No hinting. No grand conspiracy. Just out of the blue they reveal it.

It was said at least once that Ned having a ******* seemed out of character.
JJxvi
AG
CoolaidWade said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Explain?
He was being sarcastic since dragons heads were in scenes with him too.
First Page Last Page
Page 143 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.