Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,143,914 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dlance said:

Joseph Parrish said:

dlance said:

WoMD said:

dromo07 said:

The prophecy says how many kids she will have that's why I think she isn't pregnant

I agree. Which part of the prophecy was shown in the show? I can't remember which was missing from the books.

Quote:

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Has not been uttered on the show.
It's been hinted...strongly

Perhaps. Or perhaps Jaime standing in the ocean rather than on The Fingers was foreshadowing his near drowning in the Blackwater River.

Or perhaps it's just a giant floor map of Westeros and none of that **** matters.
Bregxit
AG
Cromagnum said:

dlance said:

Joseph Parrish said:

dlance said:

WoMD said:

dromo07 said:

The prophecy says how many kids she will have that's why I think she isn't pregnant

I agree. Which part of the prophecy was shown in the show? I can't remember which was missing from the books.

Quote:

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Perhaps. Or perhaps Jaime standing in the ocean rather than on The Fingers was foreshadowing his near drowning in the Blackwater River.

Or perhaps it's just a giant floor map of Westeros and none of that **** matters.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Cromagnum said:

dlance said:

Joseph Parrish said:

dlance said:

WoMD said:

dromo07 said:

Quote:

Yeah, HBO never foreshadows with maps. Ridiculous to think they'd do something like that...totally unprecedented.

Oh wait...

PatAg
AG
that's not the same though, is it?
PatAg
AG
InternetFan02 said:

Carl Underguard said:

According to the wiki, they fought together at the Siege of Pyke during the Greyjoy Rebellion. That's a deepcut, at least for me.
Ok so they needed someone to call out Jorah Mormont by full name so Tormund could air his grievances with the Night's watch which helped setup Jon's We're all breathing line....Plot driven!
Also it just seems likely that they would know each other for a similar reason as was listed. They were both in Robert's army, Jorah was a lord's son, Thoros was..I dunno a celebrated guest warrior?

but yea, mainly for what you said.
marble rye
AG
LHIOB said:

I would guess shes playing Jamie because thats what her father would have done.

I also loved that every shot of Tyrion in the crypts had a dragon skull behind him. Either lots of red herrings or hes a Targ.

Yesssss. I think it's the latter.*

*not a spoiler
redline248
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Dany truly is a horrible person.

Not sure why she has any supporters among the fans.

She demands that people follow her or be killed/burned.

She has no true claim to the kingdom, but will take it by force if she has to.

So much for those who chose her.

She is truly an evil and selfish character for the arc she has chosen to take. That he throne is hers and she will destroy all those in her way.

So noble. So beautiful.

Again, in my opinion, this is the fault of the HBO writers without Martin guiding them. She didn't have that attitude in previous seasons. Even in Mereen she tried to bring the city together. Yes, she punished the masters that crucified the slaves, yes she burned the Khals that kidnapped her. But she has never been "evil" until this episode, which is completely out of her character.

Edit to add: I was not rooting for her to torch anyone that wouldn't submit. That philosophy, if it continues, makes her unlikable.
plowboy1065
S
Just because you die North of the wall doesn't automatically turn you into a Wight. You have to be raised by the Night King and then you are just a mindless zombie who's mission is to kill the living.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think this just confirms that Cersei is going to die in the next couple of episodes. She is legitimately pregnant, but killed before she can give birth to another child.
Ogre09
AG
LHIOB said:

dlance said:

LHIOB said:

Cave Johnson, CEO said:

Well the hound has to live because CleganeBowl.

Heres a prediction: the Hound gets cut down north of the wall. Theryos trys to bring him back and the Hound says "f*** it, let me die and take me to the Queen." They get to KL and Wight Hound fights Zombie Mountain. Boom.

So I wonder what site this is coming from. Duplicate predictions within a page of each other.

No site. I was texting with a buddy about it.

Your buddy reads Reddit...
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Stive
AG
Cromagnum said:

claym711 said:

Bottom 10 episode in the series.

You aren't watching the same show as the rest of the world.

His perspective on things is usually pretty mixed up. Him thinking that about this episode is more consistent with his posting style than not.
Trident 88
AG
After Sam leaves the room where the maesters are meeting, one of the maesters mockingly likens Bran's warning to similar visions from Jenny of Oldstones, who claimed to be descended from the Children of the Forest. Do any of the book readers remember this name and what her visions entailed?
agchino
AG
Ogre09 said:

LHIOB said:

dlance said:

LHIOB said:

Cave Johnson, CEO said:

Heres a prediction: the Hound gets cut down north of the wall. Theryos trys to bring him back and the Hound says "f*** it, let me die and take me to the Queen." They get to KL and Wight Hound fights Zombie Mountain. Boom.

So I wonder what site this is coming from. Duplicate predictions within a page of each other.

This is what sucks about internet culture these days, I was mostly joking about zombie hound, but serious about one of the seven getting cut down. I told my wife another theory about Cersei during last nights episode, but I won't post it here *in case* I'm somehow correct.

I've never searched or read spoilers (other than book readers on these threads). If anybody did correctly guess outcomes, they would get shouted down as a reddit spoiler.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Trident 88 said:

After Sam leaves the room where the maesters are meeting, one of the maesters mockingly likens Bran's warning to similar visions from Jenny of Oldstones, who claimed to be descended from the Children of the Forest. Do any of the book readers remember this name and what her visions entailed?
She prophesied that the prince that was promised would be born from the line of Prince Aerys and Princess Rhaella.
AceAggie05
AG
Trident 88 said:

JJxvi said:

So I assume Dany just wanted to **** with Jon Snow by landing Drogon in his face?

I was hoping for a little more of a reaction from her once she saw how Jon "handled the dragon".

(Bring on more of the incest jokes.)
More of a reaction??? She creamed herself!!!
RDV-1992

Trident 88
AG
Thanks.

Are the folks at Winterfell even aware that Jon went to Eastwatch? I don't recall if the show indicated either way, but it sure as hell seems like an important bit of info. At least, it would keep ass holes like Lord Glover the ******bag from continuing to complain about where the King of the North should or shouldn't be.
Trident 88
AG
I meant a verbal reaction as yet another hint/confirmation that Jon is a Targ. Could be as simple as "How very odd that Drogon seems to actually like you..."
Wizard
What a fantastic episode.

- Dany continues to be a dragon (Tarly toast)
- Gilly, ****ing Gilly, drops the biggest line of the series
- Sam chunks deuces to Oldtown
- GENDRY! Glad you got a break from rowing buddy. You are a glorified badass with your hammer.
- Cersei is preggo and still BSC; Jamie continues to act rational
- Jon pets a dragon and turns on Dany; so obvious she didn't want him to leave for emotional reasons
- LF is still good at playing the game; fortunately he will ne busted and Arya will kill him soon
- Not a huge fan of the tilt to bringing back a wight to KL, but The Magnificent 7 going north of the wall will be legendary

Like others have mentioned, I thought the opening scene with Jamie and Bronn was cheap, but I have enough of an imagination to get past it.
BowSowy
AG
Trident 88 said:

Thanks.

Are the folks at Winterfell even aware that Jon went to Eastwatch? I don't recall if the show indicated either way, but it sure as hell seems like an important bit of info. At least, it would keep ass holes like Lord Glover the ******bag from continuing to complain about where the King of the North should or shouldn't be.
I don't think the Lords of Winterfell would take kindly to the idea of Jon marching into KL to meet with Cersei.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

dromo07 said:

"The king will have 20 children and you will have three. Gold will be their crowns . . . gold their shrouds."
If she dies before the baby is born...then the numbers still work out.

Death by childbirth.
Javelina
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

dromo07 said:

"The king will have 20 children and you will have three. Gold will be their crowns . . . gold their shrouds."

Death by childbirth.
I hope not, a character as horrible as her should go out much more dramatically.
Trident 88
AG
Wizard said:

Like others have mentioned, I thought the opening scene with Jamie and Bronn was cheap, but I have enough of an imagination to get past it.
This episode was part "Magnficent Seven" like some have already mentioned, but it also reminded me a little of a soap opera.

Jamie should never have survived the river, but I guess that's preferable to the show bringing him back later like Gendry (another soap opera move). And, it's certainly better than killing him off and then, introducing us to a new character next year, Hymie Bannister, who bears a remarkable resemblance to Jamie, but with an eye patch and mustache.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

dromo07 said:

Death by childbirth.

Or simply dies before the child is born....still by the little brother (Jamie or Tyrion or etc. etc.)

I'm actually surprised Cersei isn't more confused or relieved or something regarding the prophecy because she is the one that knows it and knows she was to have 3 children (ignoring the little brother part for now).

Trident 88
AG
BowSowy said:

Trident 88 said:

Thanks.

I don't think the Lords of Winterfell would take kindly to the idea of Jon marching into KL to meet with Cersei.
Who said that he would have to tell them why he's at Eastwatch? It's easy enough to make up a story that lets them know he's back up north where he belongs, and he's once again proving what a great leader he is by conducting a recon of the dead army.
LHIOB
AG
Ogre09 said:

LHIOB said:

dlance said:

LHIOB said:

Cave Johnson, CEO said:

Its entirely possible for more people than Reddit to have ideas. I brought up that there was already a wight in KL and then the idea that The Hound could have his redemption complete by making a sacrifice. The only place I go for GoT talk is TexAgs and the RHAP recaps.
AtlAg05
AG
LHIOB said:

I also loved that every shot of Tyrion in the crypts had a dragon skull behind him. Either lots of red herrings or hes a Targ.

Since they included the "thought you might still be rowing"* writers are aware of the theories out there and what better way to keep the viewship/discussion going.

*Someone needs to update the forgotten plot lines picture, not sure who is left at this point.
PatAg
AG
I would even say that the idea is so obvious, and poorly written/conceived, that it is very unlikely it will occur in the show.
We're all smart people and enjoy the show, but if you read any of our ideas or sample "scenes" none of us our writers.
LHIOB
AG
agchino said:

Ogre09 said:

LHIOB said:

dlance said:

LHIOB said:

Cave Johnson, CEO said:

This is what sucks about internet culture these days, I was mostly joking about zombie hound, but serious about one of the seven getting cut down. I told my wife another theory about Cersei during last nights episode, but I won't post it here *in case* I'm somehow correct.

I've never searched or read spoilers (other than book readers on these threads). If anybody did correctly guess outcomes, they would get shouted down as a reddit spoiler.

This is exactly why I dont read Reddit. Ill just keep my ideas to myself.
KidDoc
AG
InternetFan02 said:

random question - how do Jorah and Thoros know each other? "Thoros? I hardly recognized you"
Back in the good ole days when Robert had just won the throne they all hung out and had huge parties in KL and Thoros was kind of famous for his flaming sword and being able to keep up with Robert in drinking. Jorah became infamous for his selling of slaves which resulted in him being banished by Robert and his dad taking the black.

That is the only connection I can come up with.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PMD03
AG
chase128 said:

Also, this whole bring a wight to Cersei to broker an armistice seems way too risky. I dunno how they get a "live" wight to KL and get it in front of Cersei without her killing anyone. Even if they do that, she's not going to believe them or abide by the armistice. The good guys better try their best to see any of Cersei's backstabbing coming or else it's gonna seem really dumb. Anyone with half a brain has to realize Cersei won't back down, play nice, or give any quarter.
Sorry if this has already been discussed. I am a few pages back and catching up. I don't see Cersei being convinced, but I do see Jaime being convinced. At some point he is going to turn against Cersei as the prophecy or visions that Dany saw showed a gold man fighting the zombie mountain. Maybe that is how the Lannister or King's Landing army finally gets set right.
M.C. Swag
AG
I'm not sure I can look at this thread any longer. The people that are debating what is or isn't plot spoilers IS a spoiler.

If you've read the plot spoilers, please don't post here at all. Don't call out people or bring up old posts. Pointing them out is as good as posting the spoiler yourself.

It's amazing how hard common courtesy is for some.
Prosperdick
AG
So they're going great white walker hunting...I think I know a guy:

M.C. Swag
AG
As a general rule for myself, I never read any posts that appear to contain ANY unwarranted "plot developments." I've seen plenty up people just "guess" what's going to happen completely unsolicited and those are the people that should be ignored until the season finale. Then we can root out these A-holes and set your "ignore" feature appropriately.
First Page Last Page
Page 142 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.