***The Flash Season 3***

20,915 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Drawkcab
mm98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Julian is probably the best theory. He's already lost Caitlin and been somewhat responsible for Savitar in the first place.

Also easy enough to write him out of the series if you're not certain you want to bring him back next season.
SeattleAgJr
Stuck it out, and glad it is done.

Overall... I give the season a "meh".

I did not hate it, but I did not enjoy it.

And I am pretty sure I am done. I only half enjoyed last season and barely enjoyed this season. It is just not worth my time to give it a further go.

Peace out.

redline248
AG
How many times can they "trap" Barry in the speed force?
aTmLoKi
AG
redline248 said:

The frustrating thing about this is that the whole final scene didn't do anything for me, as you know that it is only a matter of time before Barry comes back. Even the noble death of HR doesn't mean anything, as they have Harrison Wells ready to step up and come back aboard. It's the age old problem that comics (books and movies) have....death has to mean something.
mm98
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Stuck it out, and glad it is done.

Overall... I give the season a "meh".

I did not hate it, but I did not enjoy it.

And I am pretty sure I am done. I only half enjoyed last season and barely enjoyed this season. It is just not worth my time to give it a further go.

Peace out.

"meh" is a pretty good description.

Oliver left after season 3, too. He came back less than half an episode into S4E1.
AggieDPT
AG
Yeah it would be different if there's a chance he doesn't come back but just like how no one can really die on Arrow, no one is leaving The Flash either.
toucan82
aTmLoKi said:

redline248 said:

The frustrating thing about this is that the whole final scene didn't do anything for me, as you know that it is only a matter of time before Barry comes back. Even the noble death of HR doesn't mean anything, as they have Harrison Wells ready to step up and come back aboard. It's the age old problem that comics (books and movies) have....death has to mean something.

My favorite part of the last scene was Jay standing there hoping nobody would mention that he just escaped the Speed Force
SeattleAgJr
A real hero would have told the Speed Force to go **** itself, and call it out for its willingness to destroy an entire planet out of some pathetic vengeance/teaching a lesson moment.

I would have told the SF to take its powers back and go **** itself and never return to our dimension.

mm98
AG
I know. I was actually waiting for him to start back-pedaling quietly and slowly out of the picture as comic relief.
chipotle
Henry get your sorry ass back to the speed force and take your stupid hat with you.
AsburyAg
AG
I thought this was turning into a series finale because with Justice League coming out soon, they would get rid of the TV universe/version of Flash and just go straight movie version - but no. IMDB show season 4 is in the works.
Andyzipp
AG
AsburyAg said:

I thought this was turning into a series finale because with Justice League coming out soon, they would get rid of the TV universe/version of Flash and just go straight movie version - but no. IMDB show season 4 is in the works.
The TV shows have nothing to do with he DCEU.
aTmLoKi
AG
Andyzipp said:

AsburyAg said:

The TV shows have nothing to do with he DCEU.
Which is why the DCEU sucks!
Dr. Horrible
Agree with the "meh"...

Season 4 Episode 1:
Big Bad attacks Central City. They need Flash to save them. Wally and Jay go capture Thawne time remnant and swap him out for Barry. Barry saves the day. And the story continues...
AgMarauder04
AG
Maybe...MAYBE his time in the speed force actually changes him. Maybe he FINALLY becomes the Flash from the comics...a confident, capable hero who knows who he is and quits questioning his every move and needing a pep talk every other episode.

That's my hope.
SeattleAgJr
AgMarauder04 said:

Maybe...MAYBE his time in the speed force actually changes him. Maybe he FINALLY becomes the Flash from the comics...a confident, capable hero who knows who he is and quits questioning his every move and needing a pep talk every other episode.

That's my hope.
Sadly, this show is on the CW.

Which means Plotforce is more powerful than SPeedforce.
AgMarauder04
AG
You're probably right, but I'm gonna hope until otherwise. I'm tired of heroes who suffer from crippling self doubt
AliasMan02
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

You're probably right, but I'm gonna hope until otherwise. I'm tired of heroes who suffer from crippling self doubt

To avoid that, I think you're looking at more of a "villain of the week" serial than a long, interconnected storyline for the season. Pretty much the opposite of the way superhero TV is currently constructed, especially because of the Arrowverse crossovers.
SeattleAgJr
AliasMan02 said:

AgMarauder04 said:

To avoid that, I think you're looking at more of a "villain of the week" serial than a long, interconnected storyline for the season. Pretty much the opposite of the way superhero TV is currently constructed, especially because of the Arrowverse crossovers.
they can do the long draw out season, and do it without the self doubt

not saying they (team Flash) not fail; but they learn from the failures and continue on.

without the moping.

without the lame keeping secrets, since the secrets will only come out eventually anyway

The Flash in the comics is sarcastic, he is positive, he cracks jokes. He still gets beat, he still gets beat down every now and then, but he soldiers on. literally the opposite of Batman in almost every way, personality wise.

I want THAT flash.
AgMarauder04
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

they can do the long draw out season, and do it without the self doubt

not saying they not fail; but they learn from the failures and continue on.

without the moping.

without the lame keeping secrets, since the secrets will only come out eventually anyway

The Flash in the comics is sarcastic, he is positive, he cracks jokes. He still gets beat, he still gets beat down every now and then, but he soldiers on. literally the opposite of Batman in almost every way, personality wise.

I want THAT flash.

That's pretty much my exact thought.
chipotle
I want a flash who isn't a poon that isnt constantly dependent on his friends and always sulking about his dead
Mom from DECADES ago and pining over what was more or less his sister (sistah).

They need to embrace katelyn and be all, "awww man your powers are so bad ass killer frost let's go hang some time" then she'd be all, "aawww fak yeah."

Wally needs to just run off to earth 2 with that chick and be gone...forever.

No more speed villains. That plot ovary is empty.
SeattleAgJr
chipotle said:

I want a flash who isn't a poon that isnt constantly dependent on his friends and always sulking about his dead
Mom from DECADES ago and pining over what was more or less his sister (sistah).

They need to embrace katelyn and be all, "awww man your powers are so bad ass killer frost let's go hang some time" then she'd be all, "aawww fak yeah."

Wally needs to just run off to earth 2 with that chick and be gone...forever.

No more speed villains. That plot ovary is empty.
I want a full season of JUST rogues.

No evil speedsters.

No speed force.

No time travel bull*****

Have a the freak of the week, then have them all band together for the final 3rd of the season.

And then have captain cold show up, help the flash, and then turn on him in the finale.
redline248
AG
I mean, I don't love Wally...but at least he ain't Curtis.
SeattleAgJr
redline248 said:

Curtis is ok. very occasionally. when he is written and acts like a badass.

Otherwise he is just a gay dope. Literally and figuratively.
chipotle
redline248 said:

Testify. TESTIFY!!!
chipotle
Quote:

Curtis is ok. very occasionally. when he is written and acts like a badass

When was this!?
SeattleAgJr
chipotle said:

Quote:

Curtis is ok. very occasionally. when he is written and acts like a badass

When was this!?
it has happened a few times, when he is Mr Terrific. Using his flying balls.
Drawkcab
So I'm running through season 3 on Netflix and just saw the Savoyard reveal and the next episode where Barry tells everyone.

What the **** is this ***** Up to this point I've accepted all the comic bs becaus at least they've followed their own rules more or less but it seems like they're making **** up for Savitar. Let me see if I got this:

1. Savitar comes to town.
2. Barry creates time remnants of himself to help him kill Savitar.
3. Savitar kills all the remnants except one.
4. The surviving remnant goes on to become Savitar?
5. What?

That's seems messed up. When Joe questioned this Cisco gives some bs answer about how it's all an infine loop and neither the time remnant nor Savitar preceded the other. Did anyone else feel like they bull**** their way through Savitar's origin and just hoped everybody went along?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.