***The Flash Season 3***

20,999 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Drawkcab
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
100% agree with how lame that final scene was. I won't quit watching though. Even if next week seems pointless.
AgMarauder04
AG
CW, bro. Their target is teenage girls and the gays.

And I'm being serious.
chipotle
I dropped Gotham, happily dropped legends, hanging on to arrow strictly for the comedy and hopefully a gruesome death for Curtis. Flash, I'm just sick of seeing the old flash guy with the dumbass helmet. Die already old guy. I'm going to stick around til they defeat savatar but after that if there's another speedster villain I'm out.
Madmarttigan
AG
Haven't even finished watching this musical garbage but this may be the worst creation of any CW show.
Brick Tamland
tv1113 said:

Haven't even finished watching this musical garbage but this may be the worst creation of any CW show.

I just sat this one out
Madmarttigan
AG
There isn't even a scene at the end. You can completely skip it without worry. I would recommend everyone doing the same to avoid tarnishing the show further.
redline248
AG
OMG I'm you're super friend
redline248
AG
Best part of that episode was Kara looking fine AF in that black dress.
MrPlow2010
AG
So the villain turned out to be just helping show Barry about love in the end, then why did he attempt to rob the bank before he was caught?

This was the dumbest and laziest writing of any show.
MooreTrucker
AG
redline248 said:

Best part of that episode was Kara looking fine AF in that black dress.
Kara as in Supergirl Kara?
Madmarttigan
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

So the villain turned out to be just helping show Barry about love in the end, then why did he attempt to rob the bank before he was caught?

This was the dumbest and laziest writing of any show.

I told you not to watch it!
redline248
AG
Yes
mm98
AG
This was easily the worst DC show on CW ever...

Agree on Kara being the lone positive spot.
bigtruckguy3500
I should've read this before wasting my time watching it just now.
Red Five
AG
I'll be honest, that episode was hot garbage but I liked I'm Your Super Friend.
aTmLoKi
AG
This week's episode has a return to the bad-guy of the week format with a good twist at the end.
mm98
AG
Possible spoiler alert...

Random observation...I watch on closed caption because I'm half deaf. I noticed at the beginning of this episode when it recaps previous high points, the captions have Savitar saying: "I'm the future Flash". Not "I'm the future, Flash".

He's said it multiple times but I always took it to mean Savitar is simply saying he's from the future. But is it possible he means he is the future version of Barry/The Flash?
redline248
AG
I had that thought this week, too...even without captions. However, it's probably not a great idea to speculate on the punctuation of captions. I know the caption system with my provider has frequent inaccuracies.
bigtruckguy3500
I think it's unlikely. Savitar is supposedly the first speedster ever - but Barry could've been the first speedster ever on this Earth. Also, it would seem that Savitar is willing to kill Barry (or at least stab him) - which would wipe out his existence if he is indeed the future Barry. Or maybe he's the future Flash, but maybe not the future Barry?

Also, does the Flash of the future just travel around through time fighting bad guys? I mean 64th century?
Sentinel
AG
Just finished the musical crossover. Not surprised they did one considering Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist were in Glee and Jesse L. Martin was in Rent. Several other cast members of the show are singers and have performed on Broadway or in musicals. They had a mini Glee reunion bringing in Darren Criss.

Still catching up on the episode from last week.
redline248
AG
Alright, so is Savitar Wally? The one in the wheelchair is a fake body? They did mention time remnants.

Or else, who would Kate instantly be like "I'll do whatever you want?" Ronnie? Has to be someone we know.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
redline248 said:

Alright, so is Savitar Wally? The one in the wheelchair is a fake body? They did mention time remnants.

Or else, who would Kate instantly be like "I'll do whatever you want?" Ronnie? Has to be someone we know.

My guess has been Savitar will be future Wally for a few episodes. I'm not sure how to reconcile wheelchair Wally, but there have been lots of other hints, and I'm not sure who else it could be, aside from a far-future Barry.

Other hints include...
- Savitar has said this is all the past to him.
- When future Wally fights Savitar, nobody knows what happens, but he comes back with a "broken spine" and is catatonic. Perhaps the armor allows him to continue to run with the broken spine, or perhaps the injury is fake.
- Savitar gives Wally his speed.
- I think they say Wally is the only one who can run as fast as Savitar.
- Savitar knew exactly what to say to wally to get him to open the portal so he could escape the speed force.
Etc.
redline248
AG
Those are all very good points.
AgLiving06
Not saying it won't be Wally but why would killer frost react the way she did for him?

I don't think there's anything in their current past that would make me think she would?
AgMarauder04
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Not saying it won't be Wally but why would killer frost react the way she did for him?

I don't think there's anything in their current past that would make me think she would?

I don't know anyone from Caitlin's past that would make her immediately jump ship aside from Ronnie. If it as anyone else in the group, she would question why he was fighting both sides.

They've been saying forever no one will guess. I hope it's not him.
redline248
AG
What do we know about Caitlin's dad?
AgMarauder04
AG
Nothing really, but I can't imagine having some nobody as the big bad would be very impactful for how the show operates. Got to be at least someone we know.
AgLiving06
Well. I think most people guessed it but assumed they couldn't possibly go the direction they went.
Madmarttigan
AG
Wonder what would happen to future barry to cause him to destroy his own life in the past? I dont really understand the motivation yet I suppose
mm98
AG
Wow. Of all things, closed captions gave me the clue.
redline248
AG
tv1113 said:

Wonder what would happen to future barry to cause him to destroy his own life in the past? I dont really understand the motivation yet I suppose

Exactly what I told my wife. What happens to turn him into Savitar in the first place?
mm98
AG
Someone mentioned a few pages back it's might be a displaced Barry from the Flashpoint.

Eobard hinted in S3E1 that he might have done something that Barry would have to figure out.

And in the Invasion crossover episode, future Barry was on the recording admitted he messed with timelines too much.

AgMarauder04
AG
Que?

The "I am the future flash?"
AgMarauder04
AG
mm98 said:

Someone mentioned a few pages back it's might be a displaced Barry from the Flashpoint.

Eobard hinted in S3E1 that he might have done something that Barry would have to figure out.

This has to be it. He did something to the timeline that really screwed with Barry.

So the question is, what? Does he turn Iris against Barry? I mean, why else would he kill her? She must do something in the future that kicks it all off.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Wouldn't it have happened after Flashpoint i.e. Long after Eobard was gone? The headline from the paper didn't change until after Barry created Flashpoint IIRC.

Of course this is quickly getting farther out than my brain can handle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.