***The Flash Season 3***

20,998 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Drawkcab
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Capt_Crunch 14 said:

Yeah that was pretty much phoned in from the first episode. Which also means at some point this season Barry will reveal to him that he's the Flash.
nah. Savitar knows who he is already. and Will tell him.
jabberwalkie09
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Capt_Crunch 14 said:

Yeah that was pretty much phoned in from the first episode. Which also means at some point this season Barry will reveal to him that he's the Flash.
nah. Savitar knows who he is already. and Will tell him.
So in a way, it mirrors Arrow this season? Where the big bad knows who Green Arrow is, but the underling finds out a little later?

This may have been the best episode of the season so far for me. Felt like it setup things for the rest of the season.
PatAg
AG
Except Draco seems to be an unwilling participant, or at least reluctant. Not exactly what I had pictured at the start of the season.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
PatAg said:

Except Draco seems to be an unwilling participant, or at least reluctant. Not exactly what I had pictured at the start of the season.

That, or split personality. It seems to be a theme this season.
redline248
AG
Regarding all the changes to the timeline...is everyone convinced it is 100% Barry's fault? Didn't reverse flash do something after they went back to kill Barry's mom?

Edit: I mean 100% other than saving his mom in the first place.
AgLiving06
redline248 said:

Regarding all the changes to the timeline...is everyone convinced it is 100% Barry's fault? Didn't reverse flash do something after they went back to kill Barry's mom?

Edit: I mean 100% other than saving his mom in the first place.

Thawne made it very clear that he was changing things too and he would leave it up to Barry to figure it out.

It's almost certain that since he is traveling with Damien Darke that they are messing with the Legends.
redline248
AG
Man I hate time travel so much
AgMarauder04
AG
I realize multiple earths and times are part of the show, but I agree.

I found it incredibly ironic that Jay was telling Barry to quit worrying so much about the future and spend time in the present. I think the writers could use the same advice. There's so many stories they could tell on this earth and this time.
redline248
AG
blue star
jabberwalkie09
AG
So, the second half of the season is going to be essentially save Iris, save the future. Did anyone else find it interesting that Savitar referred to Jay by name? Anyone else thing that Jay might be holding back a bit?

Mark Hamill's Joker, I mean, Earth-3 Trickster was fun. I know that a show has to reinvent itself to keep it fresh, but it seems like they've pretty much tossed out the one off bad guy of the week and we're just lurching from catastrophe to catastrophe. I mind of miss the bad guy of the week style.
AgMarauder04
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

So, the second half of the season is going to be essentially save Iris, save the future. Did anyone else find it interesting that Savitar referred to Jay by name? Anyone else thing that Jay might be holding back a bit?

Mark Hamill's Joker, I mean, Earth-3 Trickster was fun. I know that a show has to reinvent itself to keep it fresh, but it seems like they've pretty much tossed out the one off bad guy of the week and we're just lurching from catastrophe to catastrophe. I mind of miss the bad guy of the week style.
He knew everyone. He could probably rattle off every speedster in the history of the Speed Force. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I do miss the rogue of the week. No reason it ALL has to be dedicated to the big bad.
Red Dane
AgMarauder04 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

He knew everyone. He could probably rattle off every speedster in the history of the Speed Force. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I do miss the rogue of the week. No reason it ALL has to be dedicated to the big bad.
The Mirror Master was just a few episodes ago.
redline248
AG
Do y'all trust Julian at this point? I don't see it finishing up so nicely b/w him, Barry and Alchemy/Savitar just yet. Also, Caitlin should have apologized to him.
AgMarauder04
AG
redline248 said:

Do y'all trust Julian at this point? I don't see it finishing up so nicely b/w him, Barry and Alchemy/Savitar just yet. Also, Caitlin should have apologized to him.
Considering he was describing exactly what was happening to Cisco, I think it's ok.
AgLiving06
redline248 said:

I mean, he had the "philosophers stone." He probably planned to bring Voldemort back as well.
redline248
AG
I'm glad you brought that up. I actually said out loud "how many shows is he gonna be in with a philosopher's stone?"
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Dangit, was really hoping that they'd get rid of Wells this episode. The current version is too annoying. Good to see them have Cisco get further into Vibe mode though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
If HR dies, it'll be towards the end of the season IMO.

Cisco's powers being more developed is something they've need to move forward on for awhile now, and I'm glad they did. Tonight's episode with Gypsy pretty much showed why they needed to when she used her powers against Wally. Saving Iris and defeating Savitar is going to take more than just Wally and Barry. I really think it's going to take all of them. I'm still wondering how they're going to deal with Caitlin's powers, and still keep her on team Flash but allow her to use her meta powers without going full on Killer Frost.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Quote:

I'm still wondering how they're going to deal with Caitlin's powers, and still keep her on team Flash but allow her to use her meta powers without going full on Killer Frost.
They might make her a sacrificial lamb. She uses her powers to save the day, but it takes her past the point of no return and she either gets locked down or gets killed off while doing it. Slightly pessimistic, but it would shake up the show a little. I'd be surprised if Felton was willing to take a long term role, but his skillset seems pretty suited to fill in the void she would leave behind. Plus, an element of sarcasm/dickishness has been missing since the old Wells left. The atmosphere is just a little to kumbaya sometimes.
jabberwalkie09
AG
They pretty much did that with Ronnie, which gave us Jackson to fuse with Stein for Firestorm. While I think that's poetic, I think that would be pretty crappy to do to Caitlin.
AgMarauder04
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

If HR dies, it'll be towards the end of the season IMO.

Cisco's powers being more developed is something they've need to move forward on for awhile now, and I'm glad they did. Tonight's episode with Gypsy pretty much showed why they needed to when she used her powers against Wally. Saving Iris and defeating Savitar is going to take more than just Wally and Barry. I really think it's going to take all of them. I'm still wondering how they're going to deal with Caitlin's powers, and still keep her on team Flash but allow her to use her meta powers without going full on Killer Frost.
I think in the new DC 52 rebirth, Killer Frost is actually part of the Justice League.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Also, if I remember right, one of the headlines they wrote down mentioned a killer gorilla on the loose. I'm assuming Grodd from another Earth? If so, I could see that also leading her down the Killer Frost path.
AgMarauder04
AG
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

Also, if I remember right, one of the headlines they wrote down mentioned a killer gorilla on the loose. I'm assuming Grodd from another Earth? If so, I could see that also leading her down the Killer Frost path.
You are correct and I know we are seeing Grodd this season.

I've also heard rumblings he could be Season 4 Big Bad

Aggie_Journalist
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I've also heard rumblings he could be Season 4 Big Bad

That would be good. I'm getting tired of every season's big bad being another speedster whose just faster than the previous season's.
AgMarauder04
AG
Agree. There was some article about WHY they always use a speedster, but to me, that's just lack of creativity.
redline248
AG
Cisco gets all the girls. "You're right about that...I'm fine as hell!"

In Flash's show, nothing is more powerful than super speed. Oh unless someone can freeze the speedster in place like Gypsy.
AgMarauder04
AG
Cisco is the best character on the who. His emotional range from amazing mic drop comedy to the ripping your heart out despair and emotion. He's the heart of that team and I think makes the show.
redline248
AG
Every got better this week. Cisco, Caitlyn, Barry, Wally and Draco all upped their games.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Tonight was a decent episode. Felt like everyone got a decent time to shine tonight. Cisco is becoming more relevant to the team. Caitlyn continues to walk the line, but seemingly learned something tonight.

My Whedon-esque season finale prediction, Joe dies in place of Iris.
redline248
AG
I told my wife his days are numbered.

"When savitar said someone dies, that's Iris?"

Not anymore, so don't get too caught up planning that Kid Flash story telling party.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah, when Joe and whatsherface were talking about making plans further out and he was like "yeah, I can commit to that" first thing that popped into my head was: Well, he's dead.
AgMarauder04
AG
redline248 said:

I told my wife his days are numbered.

"When savitar said someone dies, that's Iris?"

Not anymore, so don't get too caught up planning that Kid Flash story telling party.
The "fate worse than death?" Watching a loved one die?
SeattleAgJr
I hope to god we are past the lame, clichd part of the season where everyone is keeping a BIG secret from someone else.

<barf>

The Arrowverse writers use the overworked trope over and over and over....
redline248
AG
no one ever....ever stops using the big secret plot device. And I hate it.
AgMarauder04
AG
redline248 said:

no one ever....ever stops using the big secret plot device. And I hate it.
It's the most overused device in all of television.

Imma lie to you to protect you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.