***Agents of SHIELD Season 4***

48,756 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Line Ate Member
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like either Aida has told him that the real world is the take one, or that there are multiple dimensions. She kept referring to jemma and radcliffe as being from the other world.

I also noticed that early in the episode, fitz told aida that he would cross the universe for her. When he asked radcliffe about jemma, radcliffe replies that he loved her and he crossed the universe for her.

I found it funny that the shield base is supposed to be secret, yet Mack was able to find it. Maybe he had a memory leak thru?
Sentinel
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

I found it funny that the shield base is supposed to be secret, yet Mack was able to find it. Maybe he had a memory leak thru?

I think he reached out to the resistance somehow and they took him to the base.
tamusc
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Seems like either Aida has told him that the real world is the take one, or that there are multiple dimensions. She kept referring to jemma and radcliffe as being from the other world.

I also noticed that early in the episode, fitz told aida that he would cross the universe for her. When he asked radcliffe about jemma, radcliffe replies that he loved her and he crossed the universe for her.

It definitely sounds like Aida has explained the real world as a parallel dimension.

Mack didn't find the base, one of the nameless rebels "found him sniffing around a dead drop asking to help" and he was brought to the base.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Still think they need to get a cameo from Wu who can get to this "parallel dimension" and takes the Darkhold back. Would be cool
redline248
AG
I know it's too early in the arc, and too cliche, but I didn't want Fitz to keep being the bad guy. He definitely has some realization about Gemma, both when he saw her on the island and when he was looking at the file in the office. The "I guess you don't really know me" line could be foreshadowing to something of his real self. Didn't he go through an episode or something calling himself the monster for helping create Aida?
israeliag
AG
Yeah, he's eluded to being afraid of doing evil. I think he had a discussion about his dad and that there's some potential for villany there. I think he's got what it takes to pull of villain, but not liking this way they turned him nor the character they made him out to be (suave and lacking of empathy). Seems out of character, and feels forced given the alteration to his memories and psyche.
redline248
AG
Yeah, it's similar to how May kept waking up from the spa. Programming Fitz into a cold murderer should certainly wake up his real body.
Beat40
Excited for tonight's episode. Excited to see where they take Fitz and Mack in this episode. Excited to see if anyone else comes to the realization they are in the Framework.
SeattleAgJr
very solid episode!
TajMaballer
AG
Roller coaster of emotions on that episode. Man I hope this gets renewed!
Beat40
Hope it get renewed as well!

Man, looks like Fitz is going to be the last to turn...

That ending though!
redline248
AG
Pour one out

But it was awesome to see Trip
Beat40
Yeah, I was surprised to see Trip when they said they had someone on the inside they needed to get out.

What I think is interesting is everyone except for Coulson is turning without remembering the real world.

It was also nice to see Fitz start to have some moral thoughts. Leaving a little bit of hope for him... things are gonna get interesting if he and Jemma get to actually talk.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Finally got around to this weeks episode. Really good episode (again), sad to see Mace go, but it was cool to see Trip again. Put me in the category of wanting this renewed considering it's the best comic show on tv right now
redline248
AG
Quote:

it's the best comic show on tv right now
Only b/c Daredevil is between seasons
FightinTexasAg15
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

it's the best comic show on tv right now
Only b/c Daredevil is between seasons

Hence "right now"
Red Five
AG
Did Fitz's dad call Madame Hydra "Ophelia"? Does that make Fitz Hamlet?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Wouldn't the dark hold exist in the framework? It created the mess, it could destroy it as well.

Any guesses as to where Radcliff's back door is?
benMath08
AG
The only thing I don't get is what's the point of putting people in the framework if they can still die there?
BigTimeAlum
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Wouldn't the dark hold exist in the framework? It created the mess, it could destroy it as well.

Any guesses as to where Radcliff's back door is?

That's a really good guess and a great reason why "she can't destroy it".
Beat40
Well, doesn't look like darkhold is the reason why Aida cannot destroy the backdoor...

Interesting episode. Not my favorite, but definitely moves the narrative forward. I do kind of like the idea of save the framework world to get back to the real world. I thought the scene with Daisy and Coulson talking about the real world with May and Ward in the same room was pretty cool.
texasaggie04
AG
An episode behind, but loved the ending with Mace. I presume that was his one regret - the opportunity to save somebody like he was rumored to do so in the real world.
YellowPot_97
AG
think they use the machine to make a real live good Ward in the real world?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

think they use the machine to make a real live good Ward in the real world?
I would be okay with that. I thought I was done with Grant Ward after all the ways they used him, but I always thought he played the character well and I like this new one. (Never thought I would be feeling bad for him - but damn if I didn't during that scene with Skye).

They could also do that for Agent Trip
Hulla Baller
AG
Maybe they will make Mace again. Isn't his entire mind still downloaded in the framework? I would think Ward and Trip wouldn't work since they were just code written by Aida.
redline248
AG
Big ol' rabbit hole once they start building humans with darkhold recipes.
MooreTrucker
AG
redline248 said:

Big ol' rabbit hole once they start building humans with darkhold recipes.
That was my thought. I wouldn't mind seeing Ward come back, but I think it would really create a slippery slope.
Squirrel Master
AG
This entire Framework storyline is garbage and I don't understand how people like it. Because of the lack of knowledge of whats going on around them, most of the characters are very limited and playing lesser versions of there real world selves, so its not like the dumb storyline is made better by greating acting and character development. If this ends with them using Fitz's new machine to bring back all these characters who have already died in the real world (Ward, Trip, Mace), that will be the ultimate Deus ex Machina that will drive me away. As it is, I'm just patiently wading through this til the resolution of this mess so we can go back 'home'.

Skye has been the only bright spot as her character has been interesting in both regaining her powers, using them to fight Hydra, and her interactions with fake Ward. Simmons just spends every episode flustered and frustrated that no one understands that they're not real and feeling pity on them, but not providing anything else of meaning.

Skye going through terragenesis again along with the return of Trip, again makes me wonder - why did being exposed to terragenesis kill him, but ever since, regular humans can be exposed to it with no impact to them at all?
redline248
AG
I seriously doubt they will bring anyone back. Its a freaking darkhold creation, so its evil and can't be trusted.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Squirrel Master said:

Skye going through terragenesis again along with the return of Trip, again makes me wonder - why did being exposed to terragenesis kill him, but ever since, regular humans can be exposed to it with no impact to them at all?

This has been asked and answered in the show. The terrigen mist isn't the issue, it's the shards from the stone/monolith that encased the terrigen that is toxic to humans. It doesn't effect inhumans.
tamusc
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Squirrel Master said:

This has been asked and answered in the show. The terrigen mist isn't the issue, it's the shards from the stone/monolith that encased the terrigen that is toxic to humans. It doesn't effect inhumans.
Exactly, pure terrigen does nothing to normal humans.
Beat40
I think the limited characters is exactly the point. I think they were programmed to be so bland - overcoming their one regret and living in peace as Radcliffe says he initially intended.

While it's not the best arc, the part of the arc that is interesting is that when Simmons and Daisy enter the world, they are able to begin to alter the motivations of the other people. Aida herself mentions something to the effect of May is off course. I think it's interesting that they are beginning to turn their true nature without knowing they exist in the real world.

Overall, I'm ready to be done with the framework arc. Even with Mace dying, it still doesn't feel like the stakes are incredibly high. Need one of the main characters to come super close to the point of real death in the framework.

Also, the finding Daisy and Simmons in real life bit could get interesting..

My guess is Aida becomes a real human and is then killed. That is what I'm predicting.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Seems like the most plausible resolution to the arc.
redline248
AG
One thing about the framework that still confuses me is why Aida used hydra? Is it bc the darkhold gave her the knowledge of how to build the framework? Or is the darkhold unrelated to hydra? I don't remember that part.
israeliag
AG
Hydra became dominant (at least in large part) because of May and Coulson's regrets: May not killing the girl and the girl in turn killing 'mericans, and Coulson not joining SHIELD were big parts of a butterfly effect. At least that's how I see it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.