***Agents of SHIELD Season 4***

48,343 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Line Ate Member
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Honestly - I just want Simmons and Fitz to have a conversation. I want to see how that plays out in the framework.
redline248
AG
So why is Aida head of hydra?
Squirrel Master
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Squirrel Master said:

Skye going through terragenesis again along with the return of Trip, again makes me wonder - why did being exposed to terragenesis kill him, but ever since, regular humans can be exposed to it with no impact to them at all?

This has been asked and answered in the show. The terrigen mist isn't the issue, it's the shards from the stone/monolith that encased the terrigen that is toxic to humans. It doesn't effect inhumans.
Thanks, I couldn't remembered if it had been explained.
Squirrel Master
AG
redline248 said:

I'm assuming with her knowledge of the Darkhold and true understanding of where she is because she built it, she was able to demonstrate such power that she would logically move to the top of any crazed org like Hydra.
israeliag
AG
redline248 said:

She needs their resources to design the machine. Or more accurately, she needs Fitz, and that way she can direct his actions, and also direct his romanticism at her.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Squirrel Master said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Squirrel Master said:

Skye going through terragenesis again along with the return of Trip, again makes me wonder - why did being exposed to terragenesis kill him, but ever since, regular humans can be exposed to it with no impact to them at all?

This has been asked and answered in the show. The terrigen mist isn't the issue, it's the shards from the stone/monolith that encased the terrigen that is toxic to humans. It doesn't effect inhumans.

It was a passing explanation when Daisy's mom killed Bill Adama. She was talking about their efforts to make the terrrigen more available so that they could effectively make more inhumans. (Yes I know that wasn't the character name, but Olmos will always be Bill Adama to me. So say we all.)
The Debt
I gave up on this show halfway through ghostrider season....anything interesting happen yet?
Squirrel Master
AG
The Ghostrider story arc was the high point of this year, so if that didn't do anything for you, you've been wise to stay away.
MooreTrucker
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Squirrel Master said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Squirrel Master said:

It was a passing explanation when Daisy's mom killed Bill Adama. She was talking about their efforts to make the terrrigen more available so that they could effectively make more inhumans. (Yes I know that wasn't the character name, but Olmos will always be Bill Adama to me. So say we all.)
Nope. Lt. Castillo, Miami Vice
Squirrel Master
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Squirrel Master said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Squirrel Master said:

This all sounds familiar now. I think I just saw Trip again, and thought 'Wait, why is he dead?'. Makes sense.
FightinTexasAg15
AG

If you missed this cool tribute
MooreTrucker
AG
derekjohnson15 said:

If you missed this cool tribute
That's awesome. I kinda saw it but didn't make the connection.
TexasAggie_02
AG
so, i've been biting my tongue, b/c i thought i was reading too much into it, but this most recent episode kinda confirms what i was thinking.

The whole Framework setting is somewhat of an allegory of how the writers view "Trump's America."

Inhumans take the place of immigrants/refugees, with the whole crisis starting from an inhuman causing mass casualties of civilians, and the ensuing crackdown/roundup. In the first episode when Jemma is hitchhiking, there is the checkpoint where they are checking "papers." The government is run by Nazi's, Fitz looks like Richard Spencer.

The talkshow host is hitting on his producer (O'Reilly), and Phil Coulson drives it home with the "alternative facts" quote at the end.

Going back to actual plot discussion. I doubt that they bring back dead characters en masse. I don't think they go down that road. It's not really them, it's a computer simulation (except Mace and Radcliffe, who had their brains mapped). Though i do see that Radcliffe could possibly be brought back. He's body is dead, and he only exists in the framework. Fitz said "let's give him something to live for." I assume that they will offer him a body in the other (real) world in exchange for Daisy's whereabouts.

I doubt Ward gets brought back. His flip to the good guys is just paying lip service to fans. There was a lot of pissed off people on the SHIELD Reddit last year, b/c they kept holding out that Ward would eventually have a redemption ark. That obviously never happened, so I think Framework Ward is their way of giving the fan boys and girls their Ward redemption.
israeliag
AG
I'd agree with you on all points - plot, predictions and theme wise. I mean Coulson literally said alternative facts - can't get more explicit than that. There was something else that was clear in the previous episode too that I can't recall. (Hi happen to be cool with that - comic books have always been political so it's fair Agents tries to be too)
TajMaballer
AG
Bakshi was talking about taking a girl Furniture shopping which is an indirect reference to the Trump/Billy Bush recording.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

I'd agree with you on all points - plot, predictions and theme wise. I mean Coulson literally said alternative facts - can't get more explicit than that. There was something else that was clear in the previous episode too that I can't recall.
I remember now, Fitz said "let's make society great again."
FredMc92
They even threw in a "and yet, she persisted" a couple of episodes ago. To be honest, I'm surprised it took this long for anyone on Texags to comment on it!
israeliag
AG
Yup that was exactly it.
redline248
AG
Holy sh-t
FightinTexasAg15
AG
WOW! Another incredible episode.
chipotle
Make Hydra Great Again
TajMaballer
AG
I'll probably be in the minority here, but AoS is my personal favorite superhero show. They balance a 22 episode order with more likable characters than any of the Netflix/CW shows. I enjoy the other shows, but I'm not as attached to them as I am with any of the Shield characters.

Also, Trip asking about whether he gets with any of the ladies was hilarious.
redline248
AG
Yeah, Tripp was awesome. Too bad he's not going to stick around.
Beat40
Yeah. I did like that they got to properly say goodbye.

How do we think Aida took Fitz? Inter-dimensional travel? If so, I wonder if we see a certain fiery character make a return...
redline248
AG
I think there was an article after his arc ended that hinted he could return, but there's only 2 episodes left...and it might feel like deus ex machina. Maybe the hinted return was for future seasons. Or his own show...
Sentinel
AG
Phenomenal episode! Pretty emotional with the scenes between Coulson and May before the jump, Mack and Daisy, and when Fitz realizes what he did.
texasaggie04
AG
Quote:

I found that this link explained it best for me.
Terrigen Crystals
israeliag
AG
Fits in the real world is terrific. His acting and that character might be the main reason I am drawn to this show. Matrix Fitz was very weak IMO but seeing his real world reaction to who he was in the framework almost made up for it.

In general the teams real world recovery from the framework was very well done. Glad to move on.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Beat40 said:

How do we think Aida took Fitz? Inter-dimensional travel? If so, I wonder if we see a certain fiery character make a return...
I think she was researching Inhumans at Hydra so when she built her body she could giver herself powers. I guess she went with transportation?
Red Five
AG
derekjohnson15 said:

Beat40 said:

I think she was researching Inhumans at Hydra so when she built her body she could giver herself powers. I guess she went with transportation?
Didn't notice it until reading your post, but that was Gordon's power right down to the same effects.
israeliag
AG
Great point. Wonder what other powers she has.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Red Five said:

derekjohnson15 said:

Beat40 said:

Didn't notice it until reading your post, but that was Gordon's power right down to the same effects.

I hope they didn't go down the route of giving her all of the inhuman powers. At that point, you've reached stupid levels of power. She'll basically have completed what the entire Avengers were trying to prevent Ultron from doing. A God like AI trying to dominate/ destroy humanity. Yeah, you might need call tony stark......
TajMaballer
AG

Quote:

Yeah, you might need call tony stark......
Or a Demon possessed guy with a car.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Wow, awesome episode.

Simmons or daisy should've asked Radcliffe where Aida was keeping everyone, now they have to find each other.

Also, daisy should've used her powers to break every bone in mack's body and flung him through the portal.

Finally, where was Ward this episode?
redline248
AG
I just realized that we might have seen the last of Tripp and Mack in the same episode.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.