***Agents of SHIELD Season 4***

48,333 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Line Ate Member
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am one of those that didn't know it was back on, so I appreciate the spoiler tags...

....even though I looked anyway.
Stupe
S
TajMaballer said:

It's been a while since the show has been on, so I just wanted to err on the side of caution in case someone didn't know it was back. I do agree that it's excessive, but since we have the spoiler tags, I don't see any harm in using them.
Good point.
Quad Dog
AG
I realized the Senator in this is Parminder Nagra, she was Jess in Bend it Like Beckham. Knew I recognized her from somewhere.
Beat40
I'm excited to see what Vijay's power actually is and how it works.

One thing this show does really well is to genuinely generate create dislike for the antagonist.

I can't help but like Radclife. The actor does such a good job.

In the promo for next week, when Talbot is talking about the briefcase, it made me think, "What's in the booox?"
MooreTrucker
AG
I knew as soon as he hit the water Vijay was going to re-cocoon. Isn't that terragen in all the water on Earth?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I thought it was the fish that had absorbed it all. I'm
Saxsoon
AG
Beat40 said:

One thing this show does really well is to genuinely generate create dislike for the antagonist.

In the promo for next week, when Talbot is talking about the briefcase, it made me think, "What's in the booox?"
I was so happy when I saw that John Hannah was joining the show. Loved him as the crazy brother in law in the mummy movies and hadn't seen him in awhile. I love the turn that it was him corrupted not Aida.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Marsuvees said:

Beat40 said:

I was so happy when I saw that John Hannah was joining the show. Loved him as the crazy brother in law in the mummy movies and hadn't seen him in awhile. I love the turn that it was him corrupted not Aida.
i still think that Aida is corrupted. she was building a brain in the mid season finale in december. she's just playing along right now b/c radclife is serving her needs
israeliag
AG
Marsuvees said:

Beat40 said:

He was incredibly great in Starz's Spartacus series.
redline248
AG
Quote:

He was incredibly great in Starz's Spartacus series
RIP Andy Whitfield
TajMaballer
AG
Pretty awesome backstory on Mace! Lots of fun with every character. After being down about losing Ghost Rider, I am fully back on board with the show and where it could go.

Also, I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, and slightly off topic, but I like what Shield is doing with their android story more than Westworld. I was apprehensive about the second half of the season with the evil robot cliches, but luckily, I have enjoyed what they have done thus far.
redline248
AG
Still remains to be seen if Aida is really under Radcliffe's control, and no telling what LMayD is going to do. I really don't like Fitz sneaking around with the head, but it probably results in him figuring out it's Radcliffe.
benMath08
AG
That sniper shot one of the bullets from Luke Cage, no?
tamusc
AG
Yeah, it could have been. Would make sense.
Beat40
redline248 said:

Still remains to be seen if Aida is really under Radcliffe's control, and no telling what LMayD is going to do. I really don't like Fitz sneaking around with the head, but it probably results in him figuring out it's Radcliffe.

Yeah, it does seem like Aida is about to go rouge. And agreed, Fitz will figure out it's Radcliffe.

I don't know about you guys, but I miss the Simmons and Fitz interactions from season 1. I wish they could recapture some of that magic. At least Mac does a good job of provided some comic relief.
tamusc
AG
So who the heck is the leader of the Watchdogs that they and the senator keeps referring to? Any guesses?
israeliag
AG
I noticed this show gives everyone names (even for people who barely have any line - the quinjet pilot from the last episode for example) and gives a lot of extras even one or two lines here or there. Nice touch to make the world feel more filled out and natural.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Why didn't they arrest the senator? They know she's working with the watchdogs, they pretty much caught her red handed, then let her go.
Squirrel Master
AG
Well, so much for my theory that the PR aide was the informant. Thought his character's role was going to be completely different.

I'm assuming the boss man of the watchdogs/Senator is someone we haven't met yet, but will very soon. The rest of this year will be bringing him down.
MooreTrucker
AG
Squirrel Master said:

Well, so much for my theory that the PR aide was the informant. Thought his character's role was going to be completely different.

I'm assuming the boss man of the watchdogs/Senator is someone we haven't met yet, but will very soon. The rest of this year will be bringing him down.
I thought about that when he got sucked out..."well, THAT didn't turn out like we thought it would"
CubbieAggie
AG
Squirrel Master
AG
Even after he went out the plane door, I thought he was 'escaping' with whatever was in the briefcase. Wasn't til we saw his body later that I was like, 'yep, totally missed on that one'.
MooreTrucker
AG
Especially when they hacked him up with machetes. Not getting up from that.
redline248
AG
Welp, now we know what Aida did with the brains. My favorite part was Sam coming down the ramp through the exhaust cloud like Vader. Lol
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah, I'm not sure if Radcliffe is really the one after the book or if Aida is the one playing the long game as subservient LMD to get the book for herself at this point. I guess I'm not sure how Aida will fit into everything in the long run.
TajMaballer
AG
This episode did a great job of developing Fitz. If we get another season, I hope we dive into who his father is and why he left.

Patton Oswalt was fantastic as always! Next week looks like a hoot!

Now to try that vodka and onion trick!
israeliag
AG
Artemis was a nice addition and perfect fit to the Koenig family.

Wasn't too impressed by the Russian "boss." Doesn't feel like he's actually the one in charge, to the point that I'm questioning my memory if he was in fact called out as that. He's the one that Nadeer reports to though, right? Did they implicate that he's a lackey of the Russian PM/president?
tamusc
AG
israeliag said:

Wasn't too impressed by the Russian "boss." Doesn't feel like he's actually the one in charge, to the point that I'm questioning my memory if he was in fact called out as that. He's the one that Nadeer reports to though, right? Did they implicate that he's a lackey of the Russian PM/president?

Totally underwhelmed by the Russian in the sub as well and think there has to be something else going on.
aTmLoKi
AG
I'm not really enjoying this LMD arc.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Really the LMD arc finished with the episode before this one. They've transitioned more to the Darkhold with Radcliffe and the whole Inhumans must die thing.
Beat40
Ghost rider is needed.
texasaggie04
AG
I'm a few episodes behind but YES IT'S PATTON OSWALT!
Been missing that guy for a while.
TajMaballer
AG
I wasn't a fan of the LMD storyline at first (reminded me too much of Westworld which I was not a fan of), but it has grown on me with every episode and has exceeded my expectations. The episode tonight was one of the best with a great ending. I think we only have 2 episodes left of the LMD arc before we get the third and final arc of the season (maybe series).
Beat40
Last night's episode was great. I do have to say this episode got me on board with the LMD arc. Feel like they went 0-100 on that arc for me.

Next week should be interesting. I hope for some fun FitzSimmons moments.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I get the distinct feeling that one of them is going to bite it by the end of the season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.