***Agents of SHIELD Season 4***

48,702 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Line Ate Member
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is/was probably the best episode of the season so far, easily.

Felt like a combination of Asguard tech and Strange magic with that portal.
redline248
AG
I really like this show so much. Robbie is a great addition to the cast.

Also, LOL...they thought the book couldn't corrupt the AI.
BigTimeAlum
AG
They usually have a direct movie tie in at some point. A nice touch would be to get the librarian from Strange to come get the book back. Since I assume they can't get Sherlock himself.
TexasAggie_02
AG
there was a thread on reddit after Dr Strange came out where several people noticed that there was an empty slot in the Ancient One's library. That slot was empty in every library scene. Could be where the Dark Hold is supposed to go.

Also, I'm surprised that they didn't do a force wipe on the AI just to be safe.
BigTimeAlum
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

there was a thread on reddit after Dr Strange came out where several people noticed that there was an empty slot in the Ancient One's library. That slot was empty in every library scene. Could be where the Dark Hold is supposed to go.

The empty slot was for the book the bad guy stole in the movie
TexasAggie_02
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

The empty slot was for the book the bad guy stole in the movie
they only stole a page. Dr strange even used the time gem to recreate the page at one point
CubbieAggie
AG
TajMaballer said:

Was that.. the mirror dimension????
Either that or something similar. Maybe the astral plane?

Also likely that Coulson, Fitz, and Robbie were being dragged to the dark dimension. The interesting part is that the ghost rider said they were being dragged to somewhere he already escaped. I guess he's from the dark dimension?
israeliag
AG
Quote:

My axe is sharp... and it's a shotgun.
Vander
AG
CubbieAggie said:

TajMaballer said:

Was that.. the mirror dimension????
Either that or something similar. Maybe the astral plane?

Also likely that Coulson, Fitz, and Robbie were being dragged to the dark dimension. The interesting part is that the ghost rider said they were being dragged to somewhere he already escaped. I guess he's from the dark dimension?

Mephisto's realm is the dark dimension. Unlike DC, Marvel doesn't have an actual hell. It's just another dimension controlled by Mephisto. The Ghost Rider is one of Mephisto's demons. It's a terrible place full of suffering and is basically like hell, but it's more accurately described as an alternate dimension.

With Robbie making that deal it makes me wonder if we will see Mephisto on the show.
texasaggie04
AG
I don't know much about the comics, but is it possible that "want to help settle my last score" is referring to Mephisto then? Not sure if Ghost Rider has a bone to pick with him.
Vander
AG
texasaggie04 said:

I don't know much about the comics, but is it possible that "want to help settle my last score" is referring to Mephisto then? Not sure if Ghost Rider has a bone to pick with him.
He does. Ghost Rider I believe cannot stand Mephisto. It will be tough to do Mephisto on the show though. He's a being on at least Thanos' level, if not even above him. He has absolute control over his dimension.
Squirrel Master
AG
The last score is just the Uncle right? Mephisto seems like way too big of a character for the show.
TAMU_91
AG
Squirrel Master said:

The last score is just the Uncle right? Mephisto seems like way too big of a character for the show.

Yeah pretty sure that it's the uncle.
Beat40
Excited for this tonight. Need it after he say I've had.
texasaggie04
AG
Squirrel Master said:

Yeah, I guess it probably is. I was hoping we'd get to see some of Ghost Rider's settled scores though.
TajMaballer
AG
We all knew Aida was going to turn evil, but I didn't see the May twist coming.

Also, really excited to see more of Yo-Yo! Miniseries starts next week!
redline248
AG
So, if this was real life, as soon as Aida hit the radar, Tony Stark would be all up over it, right? I don't know where Fitz and Radcliff rate, but Tony would probably want to know how they pulled off what he couldn't, except by accident.
TajMaballer
AG
I don't know if they are going to go public with Aida. All Mace said was that all the research would happen on their base.

Now, if Tony Stark could find out about Spider-Man through traffic cameras, how long would it take him to find out about a robot program that Shield is monitoring?
Stupe
S
As good as this season has been, the final "showdown" between Reyes and his uncle was a complete letdown.
redline248
AG
Yeah, I wanted some more Ghost Rider awesomeness.
toucan82
I rather enjoyed watching Robbie stand still for most of the episode
Sentinel
AG
Did anyone else catch Coulson's reference to a past Ghost Rider?
redline248
AG
It was pretty hard to miss

Although, I don't get why he was so skeptical of Robbie earlier in the season, then
TajMaballer
AG

The webseries Slingshot is up! All the episodes are on Marvel's Youtube Page.
texasaggie04
AG
Sentinel said:

Did anyone else catch Coulson's reference to a past Ghost Rider?

I assume that's related to the garage where they found the book. It did have a motorcycle and leather jacket there, I think. But I don't understand any further than that.

Also, loved the reference to Agent Koenig (Patton Oswalt)!!
TexasAggie_02
AG
pretty 'meh' episode. Also, not happy about fake May. They already did that with ward's old HYDRA girlfriend.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Here's some details about the rest of the season.

Quote:

Showrunner Melissa Tancharoen confirms to IGN that 'LMD' is the second of three major storylines for this season, and the shift doesn't mean we won't see more of Robbie Reyes:
Quote:

"We have three different [story] pods this season, and they will all feel distinctly different. We're moving into a new pod. That doesn't mean [Robbie] is gone or that he will not be involved at some point, but it will definitely have a different feel."

redline248
AG
Good to know Robbie will be around some. Also, I am a fan of the shorter arcs.
texasaggie04
AG
TajMaballer said:

The webseries Slingshot is up! All the episodes are on Marvel's Youtube Page.
Anybody know why each episode had a different director? Is this something that gives other people a chance to be in charge for fun/practice? I'm not really familiar with this industry.
redline248
AG
Tv episodes often have different directors throughout the season. I think it's so the show has a director each week while a previous one is doing editing on the episode he/she handled. Web series may be different, but the turn around on tv shows is pretty short.
jabberwalkie09
AG
The show returns next week!

TajMaballer
AG
Decent episode, but probably my least favorite of the season filled with awesome episodes.

I thought the Senator and her brother scenes were very expositiony in a "care about this relationship" kind of way, so that didn't work for me. I think Vijay might be the Inhuman version of Darwin, with his power being able to adapt and evolve. How else does he survive 7 months in the cocoon?

I do love the direction they are taking the LMDs though. Could have been cliche with the AI being the only antagonist, but making Radcliffe the bad is simple, but makes sense.

Mac was the highlight for me this episode with his Robot movie knowledge.

Excited to have the show back! Hopefully we get a season 5. I am kinda hoping that the "Superior" is Ian Quinn from season 1. His thread was left wide open for a return, so if I had a guess, I would say him.
jabberwalkie09
AG
In a recent interview, the ABC exec said he was "bullish" on AoS for renewal. He likes how the show does 100 to 110% after initial broadcast. I think our chances are good.

As for the premier, yeah that was a no brainer. Overall, I think it was a good return but I'm thinking that Coulson might have figured out that May isn't May.
Stupe
S
I agree.

I'm not sure why people are using spoiler tags. People should know by now that this thread is for those that are caught up.
TajMaballer
AG
It's been a while since the show has been on, so I just wanted to err on the side of caution in case someone didn't know it was back. I do agree that it's excessive, but since we have the spoiler tags, I don't see any harm in using them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.